Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:52:11 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 10:33:24 AM by peled1986

Well maybe they should stop the sale now that they won't be spending the next 6 months hiring developers to make the android app?..1700 bitcoins should do the trick, No?

"This isn't changing their concept, it's using already proven and developed code for the messaging infrastructure, everything else needs to be made from scratch (built in wallet (which will be first mobile Counterparty wallet) reward & airdrop systems, anti-spam filters, the advertising platform, etc). There is a lot more to the project than just the core messaging protocol."

Let's be clear you HOPE to be the first. SENDIT is developing a very similar concept, messenging with wallet, Telegram in fact so GEMS lost a lot of shine in some people's eyes suddenly.

Gems offer revolutionary features no one else is currently developing:

- built in counterparty mobile wallet: to enable transfer of value in addition to communications.

Initially users will be able to send each other only BTC and GEMS, however as development progresses we are likely to expand the wallet functionality based on the preference of our user base. Counterparty is the most advanced "bitcoin 2.0" platform with a solid development team and user growth (http://counterparty.io/news/). The recent announcement by Overstock.com (http://www.overstock.com/) that they will utilize the Counterparty platform (http://counterparty.io/) for asset trading highlights that we made the right decision.

- Reward and Airdrop system to reward users: to enable users to profit from using and promoting the application, incentivizing viral growth

GEMS is aimed towards the common user who doesn’t have a crypto currency background. Since GEMS are rewarded for network contribution, these users will own GEMS just from operating within the network. The value of social networks is tied directly to the number of active users. In a fair model, if users bring the value to the network, they should also be rewarded according to their contribution.

- powerful advertising platform with anti-spam filters: to effectively solves the spam problem in communication networks and allows users to finally publish their hashtag openly without fear of receiving uncontrolled amounts of unsolicited messages. Creating attention rewards economy model.

The top monetization tool for social networks is targeted ads. Giants like Google and Facebook derive the majority of their revenue from ads. Potential advertising models for Gems: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9017388;topicseen#msg9017388
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:03:30 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 07:34:17 AM by reRaise

The Gems team asked for feedback. The community said it was most concerned about the timeline. The Gems team promptly found a solution.

And now the trolls are deeply upset.

This sums it up, this update just put Gems on steroids. 1 shot made multiple tasks nailed, genius
L33cH

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:47:19 AM

דני עבודה יפה שיזדיינו הטרולים Wink
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:03:58 AM

The Gems team asked for feedback. The community said it was most concerned about the timeline. The Gems team promptly found a solution.

And now the trolls are deeply upset.

This sums it up, this update just put Gems on steroids. 1 shot made multiple tasks nailed, genius

yes, thats it.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:15:41 AM

Bravo Gems team for making a good adjustment. Telegram is open source so why not use it.

If this means the Android will be out as well in a few weeks then I am sold. Waiting till June would have been a disaster. Now we can get the app out and start spreading it to our friends now.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:11:46 AM

So with this new road map do you have any predictions for when airdrops would be part of the app? It would be great if the app got popular even before the airdrops but it seems like airdrops is the killer function for marketing GEMS.
rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:41:08 AM

Funny, im doing research and i come to find that this "new" idea was actually copied from SendChat.
Smh, i prefer a team that is transparent and not with this bs.

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:02:33 AM

Funny, im doing research and i come to find that this "new" idea was actually copied from SendChat.

You are an obvious troll/sockpuppet-account.
Your making SendChat looks amateur compared to Gems with your comments.
If SendChat marketing only rely on hired trolls, the project is already dead because no one will take it seriously.
Help everyone and stfu ok ?  Wink
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 11:06:27 AM

If SendChat marketing only rely on hired trolls, the project is already dead because no one will take it seriously.

I have nothing to do with SendChat or Gems, just a simple average person commenting my thought, go ahead and make assumptions.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:08:11 AM

Help everyone and stfu ok ?  Wink

I have nothing to do with SendChat or Gems, just a simple average person commenting my thought, go ahead and make assumptions.

While working on our iOS proof-of-concept version for Gems, we have kept evaluating different options for messaging infrastructure, including homegrown, open source and even commercial solutions. After much heated internal debate and evaluation (Surespot, Textsecure, Telegram), we ultimately decided to leverage Telegram's infrastructure.

The evaluation started long time before SendChat announcement, and their decision ins't a factor as we have different set of crypto features/model.
You can be sure that publishing our announcement is not when we started working on Telegram integration. SendChat is an interesting project and we wish them "good luck"!
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 11:12:09 AM

While working on our iOS proof-of-concept version for Gems, we have kept evaluating different options for messaging infrastructure, including homegrown, open source and even commercial solutions. After much heated internal debate and evaluation (Surespot, Textsecure, Telegram), we ultimately decided to leverage Telegram's infrastructure.

The evaluation started before SendChat announcement, and their decision ins't a factor as we have different set of crypto features/model.
You can be sure that publishing our announcement is not when we started working on Telegram integration. SendChat is an interesting project and we wish them "good luck"!

Lol, SendChat has had Telegram intergrated since their first post. -.-

Read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880647.0

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:17:23 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 11:50:49 AM by peled1986

The evaluation started before SendChat announcement, and their decision ins't a factor as we have different set of crypto features/model.

Lol, SendChat has had Telegram intergrated since their first post. -.-
Read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880647.0

We can read well, SendChat first post was December 02.
Gems has been getting feedback regarding the Android delay since mid September.
we are committed to listen to the Gems community, the project will be executed to the best of our ability.
reRaise

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 12:14:36 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 03:28:10 PM by reRaise

He is definitely a sockpuppet and awful at it. It's not even worth it to compare the two since Gems is lightyears ahead on all fronts. It is one of the first real attempts to bring bitcoin to the average person in a non technical way and these people don't visit bitcointalk, so these incoherent comments won't have much of an effect. I can introduce Gems to my friends who even don't know much about Bitcoin. That's the thing we need to see, an app on top of Bitcoin bringing Crypto to the masses that is consumer friendly AND features wise it has an edge above major social media networks. It all comes down to marketing, i hope Gems team raises more so they have some deep pockets to get acknowledged in the mainstream industry.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:25:50 PM

Coinfinance: Analyzing the Gems and College Crypto Network Partnership
Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:58:37 PM

nice angle of the story. I am so sick of hearing "bringing bitcoin to the masses" lol... this might be the first real plan I have seen that actually can work. Now with the Android coming out soon I think things are falling into line.

Any updates when I can get Gems for Android??
reRaise

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

nice angle of the story. I am so sick of hearing "bringing bitcoin to the masses" lol... this might be the first real plan I have seen that actually can work. Now with the Android coming out soon I think things are falling into line.

Any updates when I can get Gems for Android??

I think at the same time as iOS on Dec 30th not sure though
neuroMode

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:21:35 AM

I would like more insight and answers to the thread I started about Gems here: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2p5q4b/gems_a_new_decentralized_messaging_coin_with_tons/

Someone replied, which I like, and I think they are part of the Gems team? Either way, here is my response: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2p5q4b/gems_a_new_decentralized_messaging_coin_with_tons/cmxfc5k

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:28:54 AM

I would like more insight and answers to the thread I started about Gems here: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2p5q4b/gems_a_new_decentralized_messaging_coin_with_tons/

Someone replied, which I like, and I think they are part of the Gems team? Either way, here is my response: http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2p5q4b/gems_a_new_decentralized_messaging_coin_with_tons/cmxfc5k

Well done neuro, finally some sense is being spoken about all the red flags here.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:48:43 AM

Well done neuro, finally some sense is being spoken about all the red flags here.

I dunno if this helps or hinders GEMS but for sure mobile payments are a cake all the big boys want a piece of.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nextadvisorcom/snapchats-snapcash-is-pee_b_6272728.html

Here's a pic of a fat kid eating cake.
neuroMode

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:52:48 AM

1. iOS basic release (50% fund release, or min 750 BTC)
The beta release of Gems will support instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMZs wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration.

Holy. Fuck.

So the whole INTERESTING and MOST IMPORTANT aspect of Gemz (the airdrop algorithm, the trust score regulation and threshold levels, and how these will interact with Counterparty to distribute Gemz automatically and correctly across the network) isn't even REQUIRED for the devs to cash 750 BTC? The entire innovation that this whole project needs to operate at the most fundamental level isn't even required at the beginning?

The app they are releasing will be a basic shell messaging app with some fancy Gemz designs and your own wallet that doesn't do anything. THIS is the most trivial part of the whole project and they get 750 BTC!?

Honestly, this would make Koinify lose all of its credibility as a crowdfunding platform. Milestone/Checkpoints are utterly crucial to get right if you are putting this many people at risk. Koinify can't even recognize that a shell app release is about 5% of progress in the grand scheme of things in the Gems app.

Where is the innovation? The innovation is in the airdrop algorithms and trust score management. Milestones should be weighted heavily around THESE portions of the projects, not trivial iPhone app releases that have zero functionality with the innovation at hand.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: