April 27, 2024, 10:12:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ...
. - 0 (0%)
.. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigamining / Teramining  (Read 216391 times)
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 09:17:27 AM

I see, if that is going to be the case, I feel that's kind of dissapointing that gigavps is honest. And this would certainly not provide the best value for money Gigamining strives to represent. I don't see any compelling reason to adhere strictly to these "contracts should be contracts rules". I would say Gigamining would be free to break its contract and do whatever it likes.
FTFY.

Really, people, you can't have a contract that you enforce when it suits you, and whinge and complain about and asked to be changed when it doesn't suit you. If you think the contract should be different, make an asset with a different contract, but don't expect contracts to be changed after the fact. Only governments do that.

We are on the fronteer, and inventing and creating as we go along. The entire possebility of being able to raise a motion which people can vote on implicates that changing the contract is a very real option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 11:51:55 AM

To all gigaminers:

The coupon payment is out.

Best,
gigavps
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 12:01:36 PM

Nice Smiley And the price is picking up again too Cheesy

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 01:03:28 PM

I see, if that is going to be the case, I feel that's kind of dissapointing that gigavps is honest. And this would certainly not provide the best value for money Gigamining strives to represent. I don't see any compelling reason to adhere strictly to these "contracts should be contracts rules". I would say Gigamining would be free to break its contract and do whatever it likes.
FTFY.

Really, people, you can't have a contract that you enforce when it suits you, and whinge and complain about and asked to be changed when it doesn't suit you. If you think the contract should be different, make an asset with a different contract, but don't expect contracts to be changed after the fact. Only governments do that.

We are on the fronteer, and inventing and creating as we go along. The entire possebility of being able to raise a motion which people can vote on implicates that changing the contract is a very real option.
What about all the people who have shorted the stock.  It is unfair to them to change the contract.  If I was short - which I am not - I would be furious if the contract was changed to make it "better".

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Equilux

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 01:22:08 PM

FTFY.

What about all the people who have shorted the stock.  It is unfair to them to change the contract.  If I was short - which I am not - I would be furious if the contract was changed to make it "better".

That is a fair point, but isn't that always a risk when there is the possibility to raise a motion? And the motion would also serve as sort of an early warning, before anything would be changed.

ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:09:28 PM

Did you increse the coupon to 5.5 Mh/s?

Man, this is sweet Smiley

lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

is it too late for me to invest?
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:22:47 PM

FTFY.

People who are short the stock don't actually own or possess the stock, so why would they be entitled to the enforcement of the contract?

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:38:29 PM

To all interested parties:

Gigamining is a perpetual mining bond. When you purchase a gigamining bond, you are entitled to future coupon payments, nothing more. There are no motions, ownership in a company or anything else like what you would see with a stock.

To Burt's point, he is correct that contracts should not be changed. I have thought long and hard about this and I feel the same way. I did not ask the bond holders to change the contract when difficulty was going down and I feel the inverse should hold true.

That being said, I am considering creating a new security, where holders of gigamining could volunteer to upgrade their gigamining bonds to the new bond, plus a fee. This would both keep the existing gigamining contract intact and would allow for an upgrade path for those interested in doing so.

All of this is still many months away, so until then, gigamining will remain at 5Mh/s. When the mini rigs arrive, we will still celebrate with 110% coupon payments for three weeks. Looking beyond, gigamining will continue to be both the largest and best perpetual mining bond in existence.

Best regards,
gigavps
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:41:59 PM

Gigamining is a perpetual mining bond. When you purchase a gigamining bond, you are entitled to future coupon payments, nothing more. There are no motions, ownership in a company or anything else like what you would see with a stock.

To Burt's point, he is correct that contracts should not be changed. I have thought long and hard about this and I feel the same way. I did not ask the bond holders to change the contract when difficulty was going down and I feel the inverse should hold true.

That being said, I am considering creating a new security, where holders of gigamining could volunteer to upgrade their gigamining bonds to the new bond, plus a fee. This would both keep the existing gigamining contract intact and would allow for an upgrade path for those interested in doing so.

All of this is still many months away, so until then, gigamining will remain at 5Mh/s. When the mini rigs arrive, we will still celebrate with 110% coupon payments for three weeks. Looking beyond, gigamining will continue to be both the largest and best perpetual mining bond in existence.

Best regards,
gigavps

count me in.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:42:17 PM

Best regards,
gigavps

+1

I suspect these sorts of bonds will be phased out over the long run to something that better reflects investment in companies moreso than hashing speed.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Equilux

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:34:24 PM

Best regards,
gigavps

That's cool. Thanks for your dedication and for setting a clear course!

Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:39:09 PM

Best regards,
gigavps

Very reasonable -- thanks. Smiley
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:23:29 PM

Hey guyze!
http://news.yahoo.com/leading-sha256-hardware-manufacturer-acquires-venture-capital-funding-081026668.html

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 07:24:42 PM

Hey, welcome to 2 days ago.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:16:29 PM

Thank you Giga.

Your words sounds like fresh air here, you know how to transmit confidence to your investors.

That is why they call them confidence men they are good at it.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:31:29 PM

Thank you Giga.

Your words sounds like fresh air here, you know how to transmit confidence to your investors.

Unlike certain trolls who aren't even very good at trolling Smiley
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

Thank you Giga.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:33:37 PM

Thank you Giga.

That would be statement of fact on the ponzi he is running right now with this venture and that is what they call people who do that.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:42:46 PM

Thank you Giga.

That would be statement of fact on the ponzi he is running right now with this venture and that is what they call people who do that.

Who is running a ponzi Huh

I don't understand ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: