Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736731 times)
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:41:16 AM

Well. When you read Shakespeare, it's usually about halfway into the third act that one feels the storm clouds gathering. The sensation that something is wrong with how the protagonist is approaching events begins to send the faintest of feelings up your spine. And it's about that time that some mysterious figure appears, cloaked to conceal his identity, and tries to put words on what is wrong.

That messenger is usually cloaked because he is very close to the protagonist in some way. And he sees an impending problem. But to speak openly would also be a problem.

I really don't think we're there.
For the sake of clarity, jl777 is not Caesar here, either  Smiley

Sayeth Cassius  Wink
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:43:10 AM

I think the criticism is about how much attention and energy you put into dealing with that buywall issue. You could address that issue once and ignore any future posts about it.

..how about jl777 simply put his word on the buywall issue in the OP - that way he can go on with the coding and the rest of us here can simply link the bashers to that OP comment of jl777 ?

This.
FAQs and FAFuds in one place, one link to kill the trolls.
valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:46:38 AM

you would think it would, but the trolls did a good job and non-trolls were starting to get nervous so I had to get buy walls in place and that took hours to get the million NXT freed up

James

P.S. Do you really think I can just post once about something?

Does it really matter if a few investors get nervous? (If they are going to get nervous about something stupid like a buywall that will never be sold into, then let them sell.) The trolls were just being trolls, I assume most sensible people had put them on ignore. (For me, the last 5 pages was you defending superNET against a series of 'This poster is on your ignore list' posts.) Buywall is now up. If you ignored all the trolls and FUD in this thread, you'd have saved time and energy and money, and done more coding. And the advantage of responding was what?--a few panicky cryptoinvestors felt a bit better.

The bigger SuperNET becomes, the more trolls will arrive. That's one thing the internet has no shortage of. You might think that making the SuperNET a success will decrease the trolls, but no, it'll be opened up to a wider audience, and there'll be a bigger pool of trolls to descend. (The bigger something or someone becomes, the more some people want to knock it down.)

I think you have to give the serious investors in this thread more credit at being able to ignore the trolls. You don't like to leave troll-statements unchallenged though, so probably best to move to the forum.
valarmg

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:49:46 AM

Latest distribution of superNET on the NxtAE. Still over 90K TOKEN that won't be receiving a neoDice dividend as of right now. If you bought on the NxtAE or SecureAE and haven't already, get your redeems in. Send TOKEN to NXT-7Y5B-J8LQ-SL5P-3ULFL to get your superNET.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/supernetwork-ipopoloniex/msg108590/#msg108590
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:08:15 AM

you would think it would, but the trolls did a good job and non-trolls were starting to get nervous so I had to get buy walls in place and that took hours to get the million NXT freed up

James

Does it really matter if a few investors get nervous? (If they are going to get nervous about something stupid like a buywall that will never be sold into, then let them sell.) The trolls were just being trolls, I assume most sensible people had put them on ignore. (For me, the last 5 pages was you defending superNET against a series of 'This poster is on your ignore list' posts.) Buywall is now up. If you ignored all the trolls and FUD in this thread, you'd have saved time and energy and money, and done more coding. And the advantage of responding was what?--a few panicky cryptoinvestors felt a bit better.

The bigger SuperNET becomes, the more trolls will arrive. That's one thing the internet has no shortage of. You might think that making the SuperNET a success will decrease the trolls, but no, it'll be opened up to a wider audience, and there'll be a bigger pool of trolls to descend. (The bigger something or someone becomes, the more some people want to knock it down.)

I think you have to give the serious investors in this thread more credit at being able to ignore the trolls. You don't like to leave troll-statements unchallenged though, so probably best to move to the forum.

It seems like most are agreeing that I should just be on the superNET forum, but this thread can be monitored and handled by others.

If so, people will have to understand that I wont respond to them here as I wont even see it

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

James

It seems like most are agreeing that I should just be on the superNET forum, but this thread can be monitored and handled by others.

If so, people will have to understand that I wont respond to them here as I wont even see it

James

I think that is a good idea.

I think so too. Then the answer to any FUD is simply "sign up at the SuperNET forum".
Minimal presence maintained here, with the encouragement to check out where the real action is. Much like the way NXT maintains a thread here but has its own forum, where the SuperNET culture prevails.
Many trolls probably don't even own any SuperNET.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:25:59 AM

James

James

I think that is a good idea.

I think so too. Then the answer to any FUD is simply "sign up at the SuperNET forum".
Minimal presence maintained here, with the encouragement to check out where the real action is. Much like the way NXT maintains a thread here but has its own forum, where the SuperNET culture prevails.
Many trolls probably don't even own any SuperNET.
Perfect!
I have updated the OP.

Maybe we should require SuperNET ownership to be able to post on the forum?

I remember the NXT threads on BTT, it was just horrible and today reminded me of that. The answer was moving to the NXT forum.

So let us move to the SuperNET forum!

That is where the real action will be. All the latest news on the latest coins, assets, dividends, all on the SuperNET forum and maybe some time later it will get posted here.

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:29:35 AM

OK, I am closing my browser tab with this thread on it, so see you in the SuperNET forum!

James

RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:35:35 AM

No worries, James.  I think there are enough real SuperNET supporters around that some of this trolling shouldn't be a huge problem.  I would bet that the majority (over 50%) of asset holders are true believers in the project/cause and are in it for the long term (myself included).  It would take a very intelligent and convincing troll to make us supporters get even a little bit nervous.  Based on what I've read so far, these trolls are rather unintelligent.  So you trying to challenge every troll comment would just give their comments more credit than they deserve and that is completely unnecessary.  

I don't think closing the thread and completely moving to SuperNET forum would be a good idea.  Having a moderated thread would not be a good idea either.  It'll just give the trolls more reason to troll.

Now that you have UNO_owner step up and help with the FUD control (big thanks to UNO_owner btw!), I really hope you can take a little breather and get back to focusing on coding.  After all, you're just a simple C programmer.  You got a lot of work ahead of you Smiley
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:39:03 AM

No worries, James.  I think there are enough real SuperNET supporters around that some of this trolling shouldn't be a huge problem.  I would bet that the majority (over 50%) of asset holders are true believers in the project/cause and are in it for the long term (myself included).  It would take a very intelligent and convincing troll to make us supporters get even a little bit nervous.  Based on what I've read so far, these trolls are rather unintelligent.  So you trying to challenge every troll comment would just give their comments more credit than they deserve and that is completely unnecessary.  

I don't think closing the thread and completely moving to SuperNET forum would be a good idea.  Having a moderated thread would not be a good idea either.  It'll just give the trolls more reason to troll.

Now that you have UNO_owner step up and help with the FUD control (big thanks to UNO_owner btw!), I really hope you can take a little breather and get back to focusing on coding.  After all, you're just a simple C programmer.  You got a lot of work ahead of you Smiley

Moderated threads are there for a reason and they can work wonders Smiley
Personally I don't feel like registering on yet another forum so I'd appreciate it if important stuff is also announced on btt.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:42:06 AM

forum.thesupernet.org
 Wink
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:49:56 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 11:01:22 AM by pikuchato

James,

Please don't lock this thread - it's ok to move into dedicated forum system but please keep this thread unlocked so everybody can have a place to have a discussion on BTT.

Swarm locked their thread after moving to their dedicated forums and now we have nowhere to talk Smiley most people will stay on BTT and won't open a new account for each forum.
CRServers

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

All post have been erased there ...  Roll Eyes
positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:55:29 PM

High everyone! I mistakenly posted to other thread that i thought our official thread for Supernet so i am reposting my questions here. I apologize if some of them were already answered here. This is the only thing i want to understand. thank you

Can someone tell me how many is the limit supply of supernet token?

So if its not limited then the price wont go high and if its all about having some percent from the earning of supernet then the dividends will also too small because of the unlimited buyer of the token? I'm sorry if i didnt understand clearly the supernet.

Yeah i understand that its a share but for example if theres a 100 dollar earning then theres a 50 token then they will divide it to 50 but  because theres no limit of the token then the 50 can become 10k or more so the dividens will become much lower. Please help me to understand. thank you
jl777fan

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:24:38 PM

who can give  me  the logo of supernet
valarmg

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:32:22 PM

Can someone tell me how many is the limit supply of supernet token?

816061 is the fixed number of SuperNET/Unity assets.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

If you log out you can see them again. But you're right, something went wrong there.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:12:50 PM

A FAQ would be really helpful, lets build one. We will soon have a self-hosted Q&A system (answerdesk will be closed soon).

There is a "Helpdesk" category at https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=27.0, how can we make it useful?

I made a "Helpdesk" usergroup at forum.thesupernet.org, everyone who can help to answer questions and to curate a FAQ can request membership at https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?action=profile;area=groupmembership. Members will also be assigned to "Superteam" membergroup, get access to the Superteam forum area and to our Slack presence for realtime superteam member chat, a good place for us to coordinate helpdesk & FAQ.

What do you guys think about this plan?

Hey noashh/all,

I just woke up and have some stuff I need to get done today, but I volunteered to start on this yesterday, so if you are agreeable, give me some time to get a general FAQ going. I plan to create an categorized outline of questions I've seen, answer the most important stuff immediately, and get to the others/add more more as the new week starts.  My goal is to make it simple, yet comprehensive (so each answer will likely be long) and link back to James' original posts explaining the issues where it is feasible to do so.  

Once this is in place and located on the SuperNet forum in the HelpDesk category, we can and should answer any question here by linking to that thread.  This will reduce the reliance on this thread over time, while getting people used to using a forum where the ridiculously obvious Trolls can be policed.

2017orso

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:14:44 PM

Suggestions (applies to potential Supernet.org forum as well)

1 - James - I don't think you need to keep repeating things to the fearful - posting initiatives once is fine and then others will pick up the slack of addressing the highly emotional, not that it is even really necessary, some will enjoy the productivity and reach their end point and others will be fearful regardless until they reach their end point, so be it.  The last thing we want is for you to build up a mental backlog of missed coding which accumulates and culminates into mental stress fractures.  This is a complex and cumbersome project, no way you should be handling random and frivolous support posts, just go about your coding/planning/updating.

2 - On that note, it would be best for James to simply ignore a lot of the frivolous posts and let's naturally observe what the community does to address those support requests in threads - it seems there are many happy to help - what we can also do if that does not prove sufficient is perhaps implement a signature-campaign type support affiliation.  If it is deemed feasible and there is someone willing to head this initiative, it would function by individuals simply addressing support posts and receiving a monthly payment based on the # of support posts they've made that month.  (Once the discussion is more organized at the Supernet.org forum, and we get an idea of how the organic supporting materializes, the above might be something to consider).

3 - Repeating #1 - James - do not let repeated support requests by the emotional encumber your cognition and stress levels - you have much more important things to do - this aspect of the project will take care of itself organically and if not to a sufficient level better to await that overflow before taking more necessary measures that also detach you from acting as support.

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

I just logged in with my normal user test account and can still see all posts...

I only see Conferences and SuperNet Promotion, both of which have zero posts. I'm busy now, otherwise I would upload a screenshot.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: