Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:16:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

Alright BA, I am going out to lunch soon, please wait until I get back to post your update as I would love to hear (and secretly be apart of) the HUGE backlash your about to receive.

Please also include a short statement as to why you will not bet me that you will ship a completed product on May 1st, certainly you will know that you will 1) Either ship that day and make the easiest $250 ever (even easier than opening a product for preorder with a deadline you know you wont hit) or 2) you know you won't hit the deadline but have not told us because your afraid of the backlash that will ensue.
I think at this point we don't have to worry about any "professional" "ethics" disputes about betting on when you'll ship, for that ship has sailed long ago, so please let me know if #1 or #2 is what is currently happening.

Be back after lunch! Smiley

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:08:52 PM

I can already see it: "we're too busy trying to make the deadline to post an update"

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:59:57 PM

Thanks for waiting BA, I am back from lunch so feel free to make your weekly announcement!

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:10:41 PM

Thanks for waiting BA, I am back from lunch so feel free to make your weekly announcement!
I have a bad feeling they're just going to stay quiet.

Nah they were just waiting for me Smiley lol

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:12:56 PM

I have a bad feeling they're just going to stay quiet.

Nah they were just waiting for me Smiley lol

nothing like a 2 martini lunch.  ahhhh, the good ol' daze...... Cheesy
goozman96

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

Anyone else notice how Blackarrow Matt has been MIA for like two months now?

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:25:57 PM

Anyone else notice how Blackarrow Matt has been Mia for like two months now?

I noticed a sort of revolving customer support experience, someone new from BA would start and post for a while, then they would rotate out and their would be no one for a while, while they said they were looking for a PR person, then no real official update on a hired PR person, and instead someone else from "within the company" would start posting here.  That seemed to happen like 2 or 3 times with new people just revolving in.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:36:47 PM

I was offered a ~9 BTC refund as compensation for my ~$10,000 order.   Embarrassed

Man I am sorry, was the order through MinerSource or BA?

Pentax

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:08:51 PM

Any one notice Minersource not selling batch2 any more only the inflated batch1
They know something we don't know, and the last week before shipping is supposed to happen is a bad time for them to not give us an update. So how screwed are we ?

I dunno, but they've updated the website.

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/

"We are diligent, enthusiastic, with a keen sense of humour and with spare capacity to learn. We are used to getting things done!"

ya just can't make this shit up.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:13:53 PM

They know something we don't know, and the last week before shipping is supposed to happen is a bad time for them to not give us an update. So how screwed are we ?

"We are diligent, enthusiastic, with a keen sense of humour and with spare capacity to learn. We are used to getting things done!"

More like, "we are using our customers to get things done."

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:16:36 PM

At least that's better than a bunch of bullshit about rockets and space.

What do you mean bullshit?  Its absolutely true and happening?  Confused as to why your calling him out in this thread about another thread he made about a very true thing that is happening?

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:47:03 PM

At least that's better than a bunch of bullshit about rockets and space.

What do you mean bullshit?  Its absolutely true and happening?  Confused as to why your calling him out in this thread about another thread he made about a very true thing that is happening?

I'm not calling anybody out, I'm referring to the news item on BA's page where they said some nonsense about Black Arrow and rocketry.

OHHHHHH gotcha, makes more sense now.

Pentax

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:04:28 PM

from ecointalk:

Bitcoin Miners progress update – 24 April 2014
1.As the delivery date approaches we have more accurate dates regarding shipping. The current schedule is looking like this:
5th of May – Packaging house will ship the Minion ASICs
6-7th of May - ASICs will arrive at the assembly factory and we’ll ship all Minion ASIC orders.
7th of May - Prospero units will start to be assembled and tested
8th of May – Shipping of Prospero X3 will start if no failures are found.
2.We are now able to improve the compensation scheme further. We will make a public announcement tomorrow.
3.We are keeping our promise to price match per Ghash any genuine new miner in stock at the time of shipment and if needed we will dispatch more hashing power.
Note: Not all our competitors supply PSUs and Touch Screen LCDs, therefore if we compare our miners with these we will subtract the price of our extra hardware before the price match.
3. Minion
The Minion ASICs will be shipped after the May holiday break.
4. Control board
LCD orders were placed with 2 providers. Testing for WiFi connection, touchscreen have been finalised with satisfactory results.
3. Heatsink
First batch has been completed.
4. X3 Backplane
Testing revealed that the user can change the voltage above accepted thresholds by mistake. We need to add a protection to restrict this in hardware therefore we’re taping out the revised design in next few days.
5. X3 Case
Final design has been tested. Further testing was carried out on samples made of plastic and metal. Agreed delivery schedule with our manufacturing partners.
6. X3 Fan (5000rpm)
Without an ASIC on hand we are unable to accurately determine the required airflow. The final decision was to select a powerful unit which will outperform any requirement. The fan has ball bearing and will produce a maximum of 5000 RPM and 66db. Speed control is available therefore high noise will be present only if required. Mass production has been started and delivery is expected to be on time.
7. X3 plastic parts
Final design has been approved and sent to factory. First batch shipment expected on 15/05/2014. For the first units we are manufacturing this part out of aluminium which is delivered on 05/05/2014.
8. X3 Hashboard
Exceeding all odds we have managed to raise the hashboard to 200Amps (see pictures). This has been a huge effort of our engineering team and our suppliers which worked together towards achieving an outstanding performance in such a high density board while being under pressure from aggressive deadlines.
Mass production of this board has started.
9. X3 Power Supply
First batch shipment expected at the end of next week.
10. X1 case
Final design has been sent to factory. Further testing was carried out on samples made of plastic and metal. Agreed delivery schedule with our manufacturing partners; First units will be made of aluminium.
11. X1 Fan
The fan will produce a minimum of 700 RPM and 19db. First batch shipment expected at the end of next week.
12. X1 Power supply
First batch has been received (see pictures)
goozman96

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:07:20 PM

Note: Not all our competitors supply PSUs and Touch Screen LCDs, therefore if we compare our miners with these we will subtract the price of our extra hardware before the price match.
No one asked you to install touchscreen LCDs... nor was it mentioned in the specs when people placed their orders.

goozman96

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:26:49 AM

No one asked you to install touchscreen LCDs... nor was it mentioned in the specs when people placed their orders.

I'd have to agree there, no other miner that I can think of comes with an LCD screen.

Admit it. An lcd display is a nice feature. Assuming it's not too expensive.

I was expecting the original 25% extra so thank you to those of you who complained hard enough.
It's expensive enough where they're outright saying that they're going to subtract the cost when it comes to matching the competition. PSU, sure, subtract it, cuz you need to buy one for an Antminer S1, but subtracting a touchscreen because they felt the need to incorporate one? That's not cool..

goozman96

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:53:16 AM

$3-$5 each. Let's see what cost they claim.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2-4-inch-QVGA-240x320-with_1163022702.html

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:24:03 AM

Its funny how they didn't want to talk about an improved compensation plan not more than a couple of days ago, because there was no way to accurately predict what would need to be compensated until things ship, yet now, we will have a new one released tomorrow, when the chips still are not even in hand.

Funny how things progress, better be one hell of an update.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:26:24 PM

Looks like the delay train is right on time. Next stop mid-may!
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:34:01 PM

Its funny how they didn't want to talk about an improved compensation plan not more than a couple of days ago, because there was no way to accurately predict what would need to be compensated until things ship, yet now, we will have a new one released tomorrow, when the chips still are not even in hand.

Which one is the new one?

They haven't announced it yet, the update said it would be released today.

Pentax

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

My immediate instinct is that an updated compensation plan just means another multi-month delay.

we'll have to figure out what the production schedule actually looks like.  components are coming in at this point, at least according to the pictures.

http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/18-24-april-update/

accounting for a few more minor hiccups, getting all parts done, some of which still aren't, and some rampup time it looks like it's likely towards the  middle-end of May, early June, before assembly starts in volume, so another month or two delay is about in the ballpark.

when I say month or two that is accounting for the fact that these were supposed to be delivered May 1, not kind of starting to be assembled in mid May, so for me every day past May 1 is further delay.  These won't start going out until end of May most likely so that's a month.  It will be catch up time then to get the remaining batch 1 orders out.  that's month 2.  batch 2 folks?  yer on yer own.  lol.

I know they're citing May 8 for shipping to start, but I simply am not buying that.  Day 7 they get minions, Day 8 they start shipping.  Really?   to me that looks like a string-along date, besides the fact that those would thenl go out with no testing at all.   They might have a few together if all goes well, but shipping in any sort of volume?  I doubt that.

They've done a ton of work over the last month or two and have made some nice adjustments, such as getting the first ones out with metal cases so they don't have to wait on the plastic ones, that have helped them put together a nice closing run.  It may be too little too late, but they have clearly been busting their ass, I'll give them that.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: