Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

There is a customer on ecointalk reporting today that his unit melts its power cord.

his hosting company is refusing to run it.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

Depends on what power cord he was using?  Has he stated what it was rated for?  The X3 should not use a power cord that is less than 15A 120V for Merican circuits.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:08:09 PM

HAHA they blocked my IP address, and now when I try to go to their website, I get a page that says...
"Asshole Detected!"

They actually took the time to create a webpage that directs certain blocked people to that calls them assholes.  This has reached a new level of funny, I will definitely be TOR'ing around this in about 2 seconds and defaming/spamming their emails once again.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:18:18 PM

I would be happy to.  Here you go

http://imgur.com/O7z3cuC

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

There is a customer on ecointalk reporting today that his unit melts its power cord.

his hosting company is refusing to run it.

Powercord melting aint to blame on the unit but a defective powercord..

I would think so too, although he claims they've gone through a few.  

In terms of the issue of these things burning up, it is possible that some of them are drawing too much power, which might cause that.

I can see how this might happen.  Too much power causes the cord to heat, which reduces efficiency.  That causes more power to be drawn, heating them further and so on.  Eventually this leads to meltdown of the cords and is possibly causing the internal components to start on fire also.

The other issue is that this is the same thing that is going on inside your walls and wiring.  Of course the breaker is going to trip normally, which is what he's reporting also.  If it doesn't, however, due to a faulty breaker, which does happen, or someone gets the bright idea to over-fuse without understanding the danger of putting too much load on his wiring, a fire results.  The wire heats up, melts its insulation and arcs.  Boom, you're on fire.

An X-1 user reported that sort of fire also, BTW.  Things kept tripping breakers, so he put a copper rod in.  Burned his garage to the ground.  I'm not sure if he's bullshitting or what, but he hasn't denied the story.

Is that BA's fault?  clearly not, but people are going to do dumb things.  it's the manufacturer's responsibility to make sure the ratings are accurate so these dumb things aren't necessary to keep these things running.  

These people are actually making people pay the shipping to RMA their firebomb components.  I find that very hard to believe.  Ridiculous.  "oh, we nearly burned your house down?  please pay 100 dollars to ship the components to us."  Are you fucking kidding me?

It should also be noted that we're going into winter.  The air is much dryer, and so are the studs and insulation in your home.  Everything becomes much more prone to burn as the humidity disappears.  If anyone is crazy enough to run these in their house, which I am not going to do under any circumstances, it would be a good idea to not run power through your walls.  Put a small hard drop in right next to the panel.  Make sure the breaker is new, etc.    This way if it arcs out it's doing it hopefully in your panel or your short drop of conduit and simply shorts out instead of burning your damn house down.

This is a serious danger to people and from what I'm seeing they're not even recalling them.  telling people to wait and maybe they'll ship some parts out.  They have no idea what is causing the problem, but don't worry, we'll send you a new board and see how that goes.

What a joke.
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

HAHA they blocked my IP address, and now when I try to go to their website, I get a page that says...
"Asshole Detected!"

They actually took the time to create a webpage that directs certain blocked people to that calls them assholes.  This has reached a new level of funny, I will definitely be TOR'ing around this in about 2 seconds and defaming/spamming their emails once again.

Ok, that's hilarious.

We've got time to do that, but no time to file a police report on the data theft.

I've also been looking around on xBtec

From their page:  "Our team of developers is based in Moscow and Shenzhen."

"The company’s headquarters is located in Hong Kong."

Sound familiar?  It's the same structure as BA.  Located in Shenzhen for manufaturing, Headquarters in Hong Kong and some guy in Moscow.

Who is running XBtec? 

Does anyone have any info on this company?  I've searched the Hong Kong Company Registry and found nothing under that name.

From their FAQ page  "You can check our company’s registration details over the Internet."  but it's not as easy as that.

if these companies aren't related you'd think Black Arrow would be all over them for this data theft.  They are literally in the same city.  A direct competitor that has stolen their customer database.  I know I'd be firebombing them with legal paper ASAP if someone had pulled that shit on my business, as would anyone with half a brain.  And, yet, nothing has been done by Black Arrow about this.  why is that Black Arrow?  BlackArrow?

If they are related, that's another matter and something that needs to be explored.
Pentax

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

Please feel free to also post screenshots of your latest order with us.

I think it was just delivered!

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

I am sure they didn't send a cord with the unit, as they are scum bags and even though they said they would try their best, they just decided to say fuck it and proceed without even trying.

As for the 15 amp cord, that is more than enough to handle the load the X-3 should be using.  So the problem then either lies in the PSU or the data center cabling.  Unfortunately, since they are scum bags yet again and have yet to release any way to hook up a standard ATX PSU, like they said they would, trying a different PSU is currently not possible.  I also highly doubt it has anything to do with the data center wiring.

Where to go from here, unfortunately I can't think of really any move forward.  It doesn't seem like BA has any interest in helping their customers figure this out, and even if they did, their level of incompetence would likely require at least 2 weeks to find a solution, then who knows how long to implement it.  The issue definitely seems to be within the unit, but without hooking up a kill-o-watt meter, it could be any number of things in the actual unit that is causing this.

Perhaps you could pressure BA really hard to send you another power supply to swap out?  Swap the new one in, and try it again.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:41:09 PM

David, reposting screenshots is bad forum edicate, and makes you seem like an asshole for making people scroll (not that you need anymore help).  And I would never post any details of orders I have through you guys.  Although it is funny that I am currently providing more support for your fire hazard products than your company is.  Care to continue to troll?

Hey, btw, I will bet you any number of bitcoin that you want, that you will neither have a scrypt chip within specs by the end of this year, and that you will have a working 14 nm chip by the end of Q2 next year.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:41:26 PM

I am sure they didn't send a cord with the unit, as they are scum bags and even though they said they would try their best, they just decided to say fuck it and proceed without even trying.

As for the 15 amp cord, that is more than enough to handle the load the X-3 should be using.  So the problem then either lies in the PSU or the data center cabling.  Unfortunately, since they are scum bags yet again and have yet to release any way to hook up a standard ATX PSU, like they said they would, trying a different PSU is currently not possible.  I also highly doubt it has anything to do with the data center wiring.

Where to go from here, unfortunately I can't think of really any move forward.  It doesn't seem like BA has any interest in helping their customers figure this out, and even if they did, their level of incompetence would likely require at least 2 weeks to find a solution, then who knows how long to implement it.  The issue definitely seems to be within the unit, but without hooking up a kill-o-watt meter, it could be any number of things in the actual unit that is causing this.

Perhaps you could pressure BA really hard to send you another power supply to swap out?  Swap the new one in, and try it again.
I'd have better luck getting my dentist to pull a tooth for free.

And it would be less painful.

Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

Seriously, and this is from a professional company? Lawyers and consumer organizations will love this!

DebitMe, I suggest you start a new thread with almost the exact title and add [unmoderated] and we'll use that one instead this one.

greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:47:57 PM

Seriously, and this is from a professional company? Lawyers and consumer organizations will love this!

DebitMe, I suggest you start a new thread with almost the exact title and add [unmoderated] and we'll use that one instead this one.

I've suspected this for a while in hearing from them on the forums, but this basically confirms that Alex Sovu is mentally ill and needs to be forcibly stopped.
greenlion

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:57:06 PM

Agreed.  Whether or not DebitMe is a current customer, former customer or just an outside observer is irrelevant.  This kind of extreme unprofessionalism is the kind of behavior that could well be the nail in the coffin for BA when this debacle lands in court somewhere.

This is no longer just deceptive business practices and fraudulent activity, this is a full-blown personality disorder we're witnessing right before our eyes.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Well you always see it with these type of people.  They have some complex about them, and when they fail, they can't admit they are worthless and instead must fight, tooth and nail, to the very end.  Which in BA's case will be a fiery hellstorm either brought upon by their worthless miners catching fire or court action.

Pentax

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:33:38 PM

Unfortunate. Just requested refund on second of two orders (X3s) due to multiple BA failures. Sent some info to Bitcz, we will see what materializes there.

I will probably do the HKCC thing this weekend. I guess I am at the point where things suck so bad (safety issues on top of everything else? C'mon) it just doesn't matter. This has gone beyond the pale in so many ways.

Cant believe they made a special "Asshole detected" page.

yep.  if you do file with HKCC include the following:

hey request some documents and need to establish that this is a Hong Kong registered company  before they will agree to pick it up, therefore:

Send the annual report http://www.kiwi.nz/blackarrow/PS300015776549_01.pdf

along with the documents they have requested.  Those documents are:

1.  The invoice showing you paid
2   your bank or payment records showing the payment
3.  any e-mail or support discussions  you've had
4.  The annual report referenced above.

Here's the link to file a complaint if you decide you want to do that.

https://www.consumer.org.hk/cc-complaint/index.php?lang=en

Also indicate that their TOS indicates Hong Kong law and paste that in to your message.

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/terms-and-conditions-en.html#purchase

15.2 Applicable law and dispute resolution
16.2 1 This Agreement shall be interpreted and applied in accordance with the law of Hong Kong S.A.R. of PRC.

probably point out the fire issue as a reason for just wanting out of this mess.  I don't know if everyone has done that.   it may help get this a higher priority.

anyhow, good luck.
Pentax

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

David, reposting screenshots is bad forum edicate, and makes you seem like an asshole for making people scroll (not that you need anymore help).  And I would never post any details of orders I have through you guys.  Although it is funny that I am currently providing more support for your fire hazard products than your company is.  Care to continue to troll?

Hey, btw, I will bet you any number of bitcoin that you want, that you will neither have a scrypt chip within specs by the end of this year, and that you will have a working 14 nm chip by the end of Q2 next year.

It's true.  I also think that's why when they are deleting post they do it huge bunches, including posts that are basically meaningless. 

If we then go back and simply repost them all, it turns that into a scrollover zone.  I noticed I was scrolling over my own posts when bunched up like that in a repost bunch.

The last bunch was for me 27 posts.  I've been doling them out in small amounts ever since.

just the ones with real good information that I know BA would want their customers to have.  being as they're all above board and professional and all.

their next miner won't even catch fire.  it will generate a black hole that will just suck your entire house right on through.  they will not consider that to be a hazard and will claim it is impossible, like that mod on ecointalk that keeps posting that these cannot burn.  meanwhile, people are reporting fires.

A call to the Black Arrow Fire Department:

customer:  my miner is on fire.
BA:  That is not possible.
customer:  well flames are visible.
BA: That is not possible.
customer:  flames are spreading through my house.
customer:  aaaaaH!  I'm on fire (line goes dead)
BA:  Customer's fault for not remaining on the line.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:43:17 PM

Dude, warn people who could possibly be drinking something before making something that hilarious.  I almost spat Sonic shake all over my monitor at the last line, "Customer's fault for not remaining on the line."

Btw, very good posts with the exact steps that people can take.  Now we just need people to do that and we could get something going.

MichelG

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:53:33 PM

Hey BA ! You removed my post on ecointalk about your behaviour towards your clients !!! Yeah !!! "Asshole detected" ? What about you cocksuckers ?

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/77/10/44/clown11.jpg
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

Dude, warn people who could possibly be drinking something before making something that hilarious.  I almost spat Sonic shake all over my monitor at the last line, "Customer's fault for not remaining on the line."

Btw, very good posts with the exact steps that people can take.  Now we just need people to do that and we could get something going.

This came to mind after I LOL.

greenlion

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

What are the odds that this Sovu criminal just commits suicide once he realizes how much shit he's in?

This isn't like before where he could just flee Romania and lay low as a fugitive.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: