Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More  (Read 379026 times)
Allenssmart

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:14:40 PM

Blocks 398-402 have been added and fixed.  There was a bug in the way I handled the list of the block generations for the 3 servers, and the EU server was overriding the US East server's list, rather than adding onto the main list.  As usual, this only caused a temporary problem in displaying accurate stats.  The backend is very strong and is never overwritten by the frontend when performing reward calculations, so your historical data remained safe for recalculating the rounds.

The last share timer is something I'm still working on getting fixed.  It's getting reset when the servers sync rewards for rounds.

thanks for the quick reply Cheesy

how do I know what server I am on? Like US West, US East, or EU. I know that it autoconnects to the closest one correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Egon

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:31:54 PM

Question about donating 2.5% for invalid insurance - If I'm donating 2.5% and a block is later proved invalid, will the unconfirmed rewards be deducted from what I'm able to have paid out?  I typically leave a balance in the guild and just clear it out whenever I've accumulated more than 1btc, so I'm curious to know if it would be better for me to transfer my coins whenever there are some available.  I haven't felt the need to tax the network for 0.02 bitcoin at a time transactions.
freedenizen

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:40:08 PM

Question about donating 2.5% for invalid insurance - If I'm donating 2.5% and a block is later proved invalid, will the unconfirmed rewards be deducted from what I'm able to have paid out?  I typically leave a balance in the guild and just clear it out whenever I've accumulated more than 1btc, so I'm curious to know if it would be better for me to transfer my coins whenever there are some available.  I haven't felt the need to tax the network for 0.02 bitcoin at a time transactions.

Any blocks that you contribute to when your donation is 2.5% will appear in confirmed rewards immediately, it will never appear in unconfirmed rewards.
Egon

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:53:39 PM

Any blocks that you contribute to when your donation is 2.5% will appear in confirmed rewards immediately, it will never appear in unconfirmed rewards.

Gotcha that makes more sense.  I'm still carrying unconfirmed rewards but I suppose it's because I changed my donation percentage and it hasn't cleared 120 blocks yet.  Thanks
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 04:09:24 PM

Gotcha that makes more sense.  I'm still carrying unconfirmed rewards but I suppose it's because I changed my donation percentage and it hasn't cleared 120 blocks yet.  Thanks

For a complete explanation of the 2.5% system:
A block is calculated, at which time its validity/invalid status is not yet known.  Rewards allocated to everybody, and set as unconfirmed for < 2.5% donators, confirmed for 2.5% donators.

After a few minutes, it may end up being deemed an orphan block (invalid).  If this happens, rewards are set to 0 for all unconfirmed rewards on that block.  2.5%+ donator's rewards are left at their original amounts because they were already considered confirmed rewards.

If your donation percentage is changed -after- the fact, it will not affect any previous blocks.  It will affect all future blocks (including the current round once it finishes).  If you decide to lower your donation percentage later, you will still retain your confirmed rewards from all blocks you had donated 2.5% on.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:05:33 PM

So this might be a dumb question, but do all 3 servers start new rounds whenever a share is found in any one of them? Or is each server basically acting like its own pool, each having its own rounds?

I ask because that will affect average time for a round to finish. Obviously if all 3 are pooled togehter, you'll find blocks 3x faster, albeit with lower payouts.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:20:21 PM

So this might be a dumb question, but do all 3 servers start new rounds whenever a share is found in any one of them? Or is each server basically acting like its own pool, each having its own rounds?

I ask because that will affect average time for a round to finish. Obviously if all 3 are pooled togehter, you'll find blocks 3x faster, albeit with lower payouts.

Rewards are combined between the 3 pool servers.  This is the exact same as running on a single large pool, I've just split it across multiple datacenters in order to provide members with the option to manually point to a closer server.
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:24:08 PM

Any ETA on the share time / idle email thing?
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:24:56 PM

To be fair a better response would be that EVERYONE on bitcoin is working on the same block, and when it is found EVERYONE starts working on a new block.
enmaku

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:25:03 PM

Or perhaps just a way to manually point my systems to the U.S. West server? I'm in Las Vegas, I'm not sure why half my miners are going to East anyway...
ensign_lee

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:34:34 PM

Rewards are combined between the 3 pool servers.  This is the exact same as running on a single large pool, I've just split it across multiple datacenters in order to provide members with the option to manually point to a closer server.

Awesome, ty ! Smiley

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
ensign_lee

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:35:24 PM

To be fair a better response would be that EVERYONE on bitcoin is working on the same block, and when it is found EVERYONE starts working on a new block.

Everyone starts on a new BLOCK, but not everyone starts on a new ROUND: Only the pool/person that found that block

Nousplatform Youtube     
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:38:06 PM

Or perhaps just a way to manually point my systems to the U.S. West server? I'm in Las Vegas, I'm not sure why half my miners are going to East anyway...

You can manually point to servers with uswest.btcguild.com  , useast.btcguild.com , eu.btcguild.com  .

lemosax

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:38:23 PM

Another question regarding the multiple pool servers...

I currently have two machines in one location, and two in another.  They're both within a few miles of one another, and should probably connect to the East coast server in an ideal world.  But instead I have two that appear to be hitting US East, and the other going to Europe.  The machines connecting to Europe are getting quite a few idles, and invalid or stales.

It looks like the current load balancing is just a round-robin DNS among the three locations with a 3-hour DNS TTL.  Unless there's some other fancy stuff going on in the background, I wouldn't think this would necessarily result in the miners reaching the ideal pool server.  On the other hand, it should do a nice job of balancing the load broadly speaking.

Does it matter as far as statistics, payouts, or anything else if one user has workers connecting to multiple BTCGuild servers like this?  Much as I'm tempted to connect directly to the server of my own choice, I'm sure that would be against the spirit of what you're trying to accomplish.  If everyone did it, the load may not be well balanced at all.  [Thanks for answering that!]

Thanks!!  Keep up the good work!
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

Another question regarding the multiple pool servers...

I currently have two machines in one location, and two in another.  They're both within a few miles of one another, and should probably connect to the East coast server in an ideal world.  But instead I have two that appear to be hitting US East, and the other going to Europe.  The machines connecting to Europe are getting quite a few idles, and invalid or stales.

It looks like the current load balancing is just a round-robin DNS among the three locations with a 3-hour DNS TTL.  Unless there's some other fancy stuff going on in the background, I wouldn't think this would necessarily result in the miners reaching the ideal pool server.  On the other hand, it should do a nice job of balancing the load broadly speaking.

Does it matter as far as statistics, payouts, or anything else if one user has workers connecting to multiple BTCGuild servers like this?  Much as I'm tempted to connect directly to the server of my own choice, I'm sure that would be against the spirit of what you're trying to accomplish.  If everyone did it, the load may not be well balanced at all.  [Thanks for answering that!]

Thanks!!  Keep up the good work!

The pools are all synchronized, so running miners on multiple pool servers (even if they're on the same machine!) is not going to affect your stats/rewards.  I personally have 6 miners, 2 pointed at each pool so I can monitor the pools personally for problems, and compare with problems others report.  The DNS is round robin, specifically to keep the pools ROUGHLY even.  They don't need a perfect split, which is why I made easy to use addresses to pick one manually.

enmaku

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:57:14 PM

You can manually point to servers with uswest.btcguild.com  , useast.btcguild.com , eu.btcguild.com  .

Thank you very much, repointing now Smiley
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:23:42 PM

lolwut 5 min block

The best kind of block Smiley

When The Guild controls over 50% of bitspace, we can sneak ourselves all the 5 minute blocks we want.  /evil plot

To bad that block was invalid... I hope everyone was donating 2.5% Smiley

I have donated 2.5% since Day 1 ... I am not one of the greedy mega miners that pay 0% to the pool they are leaching off of like a few here and several at BTCMine (people like that are scum in my opinion and I have strong opinions :p).

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:27:23 PM

The pools are all synchronized, so running miners on multiple pool servers (even if they're on the same machine!) is not going to affect your stats/rewards.  I personally have 6 miners, 2 pointed at each pool so I can monitor the pools personally for problems, and compare with problems others report.  The DNS is round robin, specifically to keep the pools ROUGHLY even.  They don't need a perfect split, which is why I made easy to use addresses to pick one manually.

Thank you for that.  For whatever reason, uswest.btcguild.com gives me idles and an occasional connection issue [large sample ping test showed a lot of variance and the point of variance via traceroute was a an IP address near you Smiley].  So, I point to useast specifically for this reason.  The pool is running wonderfully!  Thank you VERY much.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
lemosax

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:36:09 PM

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I can't figure out why the earnings appear to be down about 30%.  I was consistently seeing around 0.08 BTC per Ghash/sec per block with some natural variance.  After sometime on 6/8 or 6/9, it looks like that dropped and remains closer to 0.55 BTC.

Was there a difficulty increase around that time?  Or is this just a function of the increased usage after the new servers came online, and maybe there's some other upside to offset this that I'm not understanding.

My own stats are a bit difficult to look at in a vacuum as I've recently added additional hardware, roughly doubling my hash rate but increasing the payouts considerably less.

Thanks - sorry if this is really a novice question, but I'm kind of a novice still.
freedenizen

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:38:42 PM

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I can't figure out why the earnings appear to be down about 30%.  I was consistently seeing around 0.08 BTC per Ghash/sec per block with some natural variance.  After sometime on 6/8 or 6/9, it looks like that dropped and remains closer to 0.55 BTC.

Was there a difficulty increase around that time?  Or is this just a function of the increased usage after the new servers came online, and maybe there's some other upside to offset this that I'm not understanding.

My own stats are a bit difficult to look at in a vacuum as I've recently added additional hardware, roughly doubling my hash rate but increasing the payouts considerably less.

Thanks - sorry if this is really a novice question, but I'm kind of a novice still.

the hashrate of the pool has grown a lot in the last couple days, the amount you get per block may have gone down, but the number of blocks/day should be higher
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: