Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:18:47 PM

I hate all religions equally.  They are primitive, superstitious relics of our primitive past.    Until humanity can see religion for the violent, destructive bullshit that it is, we cannot grow and advance.   

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Ume

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

I hate all religions equally.  They are primitive, superstitious relics of our primitive past.    Until humanity can see religion for the violent, destructive bullshit that it is, we cannot grow and advance.   

then everyone hate`s yo surely.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

Does your religion of hate of religion make you self-destructive?   Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:41:58 PM

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:59:45 PM

For example, I have presented an argument here that Mohammed did not split the Moon apart.  This caused various people here to suggest that I study up on religions, pick one out, become a believer.  They suggested I am missing out.
The part I find interesting is how many people would look at the claim about the moon in disbelief. Everyone knows the moon was not split apart as told in the Asbab al-nuzul. However, ask if Moses parted the sea...? "Of course he did, it's in the Bible."

I'm not trying to be a Moses apologist in saying the following, just follow the logic.

Because new material deposited on the moon is about one millimeter per million years, we have a nearly perfect geological record right there on the surface  It's laughable to ask a question about the record for a thousand or ten thousand years.  Therefore, we can talk about EVIDENCE.

In the case of the parting of the Red Sea, we cannot talk about evidence.

Some myths cannot be destroyed by science, you see.  Some can.  Therefore, I intend to continue explaining how and why the "Moon Split Asunder" myth is irrevokably destroyed by science.  Let them bring their best scholars of the ancient writings.
oprahwindfury

Activity: 586
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:05:27 AM

The criticism anyone points to Islam can pretty much paint a picture of any of the other major religions in existence right now. The problem with Islam is that it's been in the public spotlight for the longest amount of time now. A very negative spotlight. Sure there are Christian religious nuts like the Westboro Baptist crazies, but the most damage they've done is protest a gay dead person's funeral. The most damage people did that were connected with Islam was engage in a terrorist attack that killed nearly 4,000 people. The world isn't going to forget this that quickly.

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:22:31 AM

Problem is you dont know if the middleeastern guy that is talking to someone on his phone in his own language if he is on his way to work, or if he is on his way to commit suicide with a belt of explosives.

Every religion is bad in some way.. But there is no other religion than Islam that is causing so many problems in the "new" age. 1900 to Now.

We see the Islamic state kill thousands of innocent people everyday.
And we have countless suicide bombers in the middle east.

There is a reason for hate.. Sadly it isnt all that should be hated..

How many % of the muslims are extremists? Of all Muslims.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:47:33 AM

For example, I have presented an argument here that Mohammed did not split the Moon apart.  This caused various people here to suggest that I study up on religions, pick one out, become a believer.  They suggested I am missing out.
The part I find interesting is how many people would look at the claim about the moon in disbelief. Everyone knows the moon was not split apart as told in the Asbab al-nuzul. However, ask if Moses parted the sea...? "Of course he did, it's in the Bible."

Because new material deposited on the moon is about one millimeter per million years, we have a nearly perfect geological record right there on the surface  It's laughable to ask a question about the record for a thousand or ten thousand years.  Therefore, we can talk about EVIDENCE.

H. G. Wells combined his book "The Time Machine" with his book "The First Men in the Moon." Then he did them for real, and went back a million years and measured the amount of dust on the moon. But nobody knows what really happened to him, since the Beginning was only about 6,000 years ago.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

H. G. Wells combined his book "The Time Machine" with his book "The First Men in the Moon." Then he did them for real, and went back a million years and measured the amount of dust on the moon. But nobody knows what really happened to him, since the Beginning was only about 6,000 years ago.

Smiley
LOL.  No, the beginning wasn't 6,000 years ago.  But please don't subvert a thread on Hate of Muslim, in which I make a specific and irrefutable point about an alleged miracle, with the Young Earth stuff.  Others have said "bla blah blah Christians are just as bad".

But two religious wrongs don't make a scientific or logical right.

FYI yes I can refute the 6,000 years thing too, using Lunar geology, but don't really have an interest in the subject.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:37:34 PM

I think if you guys spent some time in the middle east you would be shocked. Shocked at just how boring and familiar everything is. Most Muslims don't know any jihadists and are as distant from that stuff as you are from Timothy McVeigh.

They are interested in their kids, good food, and chasing money. Even their religion is basically the same as Christianity. They worship the same God of Abraham and the same stories borrowed from earlier religions.  They do tend to take religion a little more seriously than westerners and actually practice following "God's laws". Most westerners just pick and choose a few of God's laws that they are willing to obey. It's clearly sinning, but nobody likes to think of themselves as a tool of the devil, so they just pretend it's ok.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

Topic name kinda strange. I don't know a single man who would hate islam. It's just a religion.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:56:16 PM

I think if you guys spent some time in the middle east you would be shocked. Shocked at just how boring and familiar everything is. Most Muslims don't know any jihadists and are as distant from that stuff as you are from Timothy McVeigh.

They are interested in their kids, good food, and chasing money. Even their religion is basically the same as Christianity. They worship the same God of Abraham and the same stories borrowed from earlier religions.  They do tend to take religion a little more seriously than westerners and actually practice following "God's laws". Most westerners just pick and choose a few of God's laws that they are willing to obey. It's clearly sinning, but nobody likes to think of themselves as a tool of the devil, so they just pretend it's ok.

You are right, of course, in a lot of it. And the United States and the world know it:

Aiming for Two Militant Leaders in Pakistan, U.S. Drone Pilots Killed 233 People...

https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/167457-2014-12-03-aiming-for-two-militant-leaders-in-pakistan-u-s-drone.htm

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/aiming-for-two-militant-leaders-in-pakistan-u-s-drone-pilots-killed-233-people-including-89-children_122014

There is one major religious difference between Christianity and every other religion of the world. God requires perfection, a thing that humankind cannot attain. The perfection was done for us by God coming in the form of the man, Jesus, Who not only remained perfect, but took the punishment of death and Hell for us all. Then He arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will return to judge all people for their faith in Him. Christianity is the ONLY religion that has this.

Islam doesn't have faith in Jesus. Because of this, all Muslims are lost, except a very few that believe both religions. So, the question is. Why let these religiously fanatic Muslims live, even though the vast majority of them are peaceful? After all, they will only have kids doomed to Hell because their kids will be as stubbornly Islamic as they are. Like parents, like children.

Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

All of this would be much easier if there were a God. Then she could tell us who is right. But since these are actually ideas of men, it always comes down to my invisible sky man is better than your invisible sky man. No one has more blood on his hands than God.

There is also the issue of where these stories come from. Most of the old testament is taken from Sumerian mythology. Noah and the ark is a plagiarized version of  Gilgimesh. Even new testament characters are centuries older than Jesus. Jesus himself is patterned on earlier Gods like Mythra and Ra. 
The Bible is not Christian, it's much older than that. Christianity evolved from these earlier religions in a process that continues today. It is also the same for Islam and they are close relatives on the evolutionary tree of mythology.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:33:00 PM

All f this would be much easier if there were a God. Then she could tell us who is right. But since these are actually ideas of men, it always comes down to my invisible sky man is better than your invisible sky man. No one has more blood on his hands than God.

Evidence for God includes:
1. The complexity of the universe combined with the entropy that exists therein;
2. The fact that there isn't any pure random, rather everything exists through cause and effect;
3. And the fact that many millions have experienced the Spirit of God in their hearts.
Put these together. Investigate and think about them deeply. You will see that God is not simply a man in the sky.

The blood God has on His hands is the blood of His Son, Jesus, Who shed His blood on the cross, willingly, so that mankind has the opportunity to be saved from eternal entropy. God is as He is called, God. Because of what He made people to be, this was the only way to save any of them when they condemned themselves. He can do it because He is God. Even the blood on His hands is righteous.

When are you going to look at these things in detail so that you stop condemning yourself?

Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

Evidence for God includes:
1. The complexity of the universe combined with the entropy that exists therein;
2. The fact that there isn't any pure random, rather everything exists through cause and effect;
3. And the fact that many millions have experienced the Spirit of God in their hearts.
Put these together. Investigate and think about them deeply. You will see that God is not simply a man in the sky.

The blood God has on His hands is the blood of His Son, Jesus, Who shed His blood on the cross, willingly, so that mankind has the opportunity to be saved from eternal entropy. God is as He is called, God. Because of what He made people to be, this was the only way to save any of them when they condemned themselves. He can do it because He is God. Even the blood on His hands is righteous.

When are you going to look at these things in detail so that you stop condemning yourself?

Smiley
Since I am an Athiest, I am not looking for converts and I think you should be able to think what you want. By If that is a list of reasons God must exist then it's a very weak case indeed.
1. I don't understand the world - So there must be a God.
2. There is no randomness - So there must be a God.  Huh
3. Other people believe in God -So there must be a God.
How come this only applies to the God you happen to believe in?
But anyway, believe what you want. Only you should decide that.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 06:47:34 PM

People hate Islam because they think all islamists are extreme and violent.
What percentage believe that anyone who converts from Islam to another religion should be killed? It's honestly hard to imagine something more extreme or violent than that.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Mr Tsoutsounopaiktis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:58:37 PM

Islam is an Abrahamic religion. Read about Abraham:

"Genesis 12 : Abraham Pimps Out His Wife"
http://www.faithisfraud.com/genesis-chapter-12/
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

Islam is an Abrahamic religion. Read about Abraham:

"Genesis 12 : Abraham Pimps Out His Wife"
http://www.faithisfraud.com/genesis-chapter-12/

Islam doesn't have anything to do with Abraham. The beginnings of Islam came approximately 2,500 years after the time of Abraham. The claims that Islam is an Abrahamic religion were only made after its coming about, simply because many Muslims and Arabs have Abraham in their ancestral line.

Smiley

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:35:30 PM

There is one major religious difference between Christianity and every other religion of the world. God requires perfection, a thing that humankind cannot attain. The perfection was done for us by God coming in the form of the man, Jesus, Who not only remained perfect, but took the punishment of death and Hell for us all. Then He arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will return to judge all people for their faith in Him. Christianity is the ONLY religion that has this.

Islam doesn't have faith in Jesus. Because of this, all Muslims are lost, except a very few that believe both religions. So, the question is. Why let these religiously fanatic Muslims live, even though the vast majority of them are peaceful? After all, they will only have kids doomed to Hell because their kids will be as stubbornly Islamic as they are. Like parents, like children.

Smiley

Muslims have faith in Jesus. He is another prophet in Islam, same as Abraham and all the rest of them. He simply isn't the last prophet. Which also means Islam is an Abrahamic religion. And as RodeoX said, Christianity copied heavily from previous religions and myths. There is hardly a lot that is original to it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 11:46:56 PM

Smiley

Muslims have faith in Jesus. He is another prophet in Islam, same as Abraham and all the rest of them. He simply isn't the last prophet. Which also means Islam is an Abrahamic religion. And as RodeoX said, Christianity copied heavily from previous religions and myths. There is hardly a lot that is original to it.

Muslims have faith in Jesus in what way? If it is faith that He existed, okay, great. Saves nobody. If it is faith that Jesus is the Savior of the world, and that all who place their faith in Him will be saved, then they have faith in Christianity, not Islam.

If you or I start a religion today, and our religion says that Abraham was the major prophet of our religion, all of a sudden we have an Abrahamic religion. That's about the way Islam started.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: