Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:39:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350198 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 12:34:46 PM

I always replace a surge protector after it's been hit...even if it doesn't have the unforgiving order of burnt wiring. Cheaper than replacing the equipment. Thing is, I buy the good ones and go thru ~5 per year. It gets expensive. Keep all the ideas coming for moving these out to the garage. Also, remember it's FL and my garage ain't ACed. Suggestions to keep these somewhat cool? No windows, all cinderblock, not knocking a hole in the wall. lol ( I just know someone was gonna suggest that). Don't know about that problem either. So...got a network to figure out and cooling.

BTW: Thanks group...

hmm.. knock a hole in the wall? ;P

cinder should hold out most of the heat, what's the roof like? tin over beams or got a floating roof? can you pop a vent fan in it (one of them passive domed spiny things) that should remove the stale air out, other then that if the miners don't pass 70 degrees celcius (or 158.0 °F, i think) in there you should be right.  plant natives around the building? put some shade up around the side of it? make a 2nd face on the roof with a 6" airgap?

maybe even bury the whole building under 6' of dirt? pipe some air vents 6' underground and some though the roof? heat pipe the roof to ground? umm..

nah, just get a jack hammer and pop a few holes into the cinder Cheesy

There's always one in the crowd, ain't there.    Huh

Thanks...needed some humor this morning. Got the tracking number.....I gotsta get'r done. Don't want it sitting there doing nothing. Hmmm

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:55:14 PM

I always replace a surge protector after it's been hit...even if it doesn't have the unforgiving order of burnt wiring. Cheaper than replacing the equipment. Thing is, I buy the good ones and go thru ~5 per year. It gets expensive. Keep all the ideas coming for moving these out to the garage. Also, remember it's FL and my garage ain't ACed. Suggestions to keep these somewhat cool? No windows, all cinderblock, not knocking a hole in the wall. lol ( I just know someone was gonna suggest that). Don't know about that problem either. So...got a network to figure out and cooling.

BTW: Thanks group...

hmm.. knock a hole in the wall? ;P

cinder should hold out most of the heat, what's the roof like? tin over beams or got a floating roof? can you pop a vent fan in it (one of them passive domed spiny things) that should remove the stale air out, other then that if the miners don't pass 70 degrees celcius (or 158.0 °F, i think) in there you should be right.  plant natives around the building? put some shade up around the side of it? make a 2nd face on the roof with a 6" airgap?

maybe even bury the whole building under 6' of dirt? pipe some air vents 6' underground and some though the roof? heat pipe the roof to ground? umm..

nah, just get a jack hammer and pop a few holes into the cinder Cheesy

There's always one in the crowd, ain't there.    Huh

Thanks...needed some humor this morning. Got the tracking number.....I gotsta get'r done. Don't want it sitting there doing nothing. Hmmm

you asked for it, really, you did.

basically, if you can move the warm air out (roof vent) and pull cooler air in from shaded area (screen door). it should do.

as for network, cat5, if you're going simplex or 10Mb/s you should get about 1000m (3280'). at 100Mb/s you can only get 100m (330') out of it.

Wireless could do if, and since kano recommends it try out them powerline networkers, slap one on the powerline out to the shed and the other one to the power to the miners
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:37:13 AM

I don't know if I had as far as a gap, but I've had great success with wireless AC bridging using the TPLink Archer C7. Previously used power line as well and it worked. Have also used MoCA, which creates an ethernet on coaxial cable.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 12:57:23 AM

Power line ethernet has its uses but it's limited to hardware that is on the same circuit with each hardware being plugged into proper power outlets without any extension leads, switches, circuit breakers or safety devices between them.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:46:42 AM

Power line ethernet has its uses but it's limited to hardware that is on the same circuit with each hardware being plugged into proper power outlets without any extension leads, switches, circuit breakers or safety devices between them.

Yup. Much better run a Wireless bridge if the distance is not too great inside a house.

I actually have here a few Netgear Powerline Nano 500 kits that I was sent for eval last year. Huge PoS. In my house it goes from 105MB/s at the router on my 2nd floor to 1.8-3Mb at the receiver in the basement, and sometimes it even disconnects.
No Surgeprotectors plugged in or anything. If you have a house-wide UPS system also, forget about using it.

YRMV though.

Go Big or Go Home.
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:00:58 AM

Yup. Much better run a Wireless bridge if the distance is not too great inside a house.

I actually have here a few Netgear Powerline Nano 500 kits that I was sent for eval last year. Huge PoS. In my house it goes from 105MB/s at the router on my 2nd floor to 1.8-3Mb at the receiver in the basement, and sometimes it even disconnects.
No Surgeprotectors plugged in or anything. If you have a house-wide UPS system also, forget about using it.

YRMV though.

Can you just run cat 6 to the outside from the current set up. drill out seal it with silicone to keep bugs and water out go back in to the garage wherever it is convenient.  Set up an unmanaged switch and be up at a low cost? 800 to 600 RPM upblast exhaust fan for the garage may need additional cooling past that.  Would be less then $500 if you can get a refurbished fan someplace.   
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:10:39 AM

I always recommend going hardwired IF at all possible. MUCH more reliable than any other means.

Go Big or Go Home.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:38:19 AM

Kano,

Can you check my last few shifts?  I've been watching lately and noticed the pool side is running a couple hundred GH lower than my machine reports.  For the past couple of hours I'd check the pool and then the machine.  The miner has always been showing over 4Th, but the pool worker has been showing 3.83Th.

Thanks,
B.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:08:09 AM

Kano,

Can you check my last few shifts?  I've been watching lately and noticed the pool side is running a couple hundred GH lower than my machine reports.  For the past couple of hours I'd check the pool and then the machine.  The miner has always been showing over 4Th, but the pool worker has been showing 3.83Th.

Thanks,
B.
Your shift graph looks pretty random (as expected) but within expectations.
No problems in the pool logs for you since the last restart.
The actual numbers that relate to the pool in your miner is not the hash rate, but the difficulty accepted and rejected.

They will match the shifts (but of course you'd need to know the delta values in your miner for each shift)
Your shifts show numbers as high as 4.32 and as low as 3.71 - and they probably are within expected variance
... no I'm just guessing Smiley but your shift history shows those values over a long period so they seem fine.

Don't forget that share finding is luck related also, and the higher your diff the higher the variance, it's the longer term average that matters.
I guess what also matters is what hardware and what miner you are using? since various ones don't report GHs reliably and some of the manufacturer versions of cgminer outright lie about the GHs - but I doubt that's the case here - most likely just variance.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:16:18 AM

Thanks for the response.  Sure wish I didn't lose my space for my 20TH.  I love this pool.  I know you don't believe in merged mining, but those little trickles would be nice when we are so low on hash power.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:38:46 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 05:49:44 AM by kano

Thanks for the response.  Sure wish I didn't lose my space for my 20TH.  I love this pool.  I know you don't believe in merged mining, but those little trickles would be nice when we are so low on hash power.
No, it's alt-coins I steer clear of ...

Almost all of them are scams - usually pump and dump or pre-mined.
While people say that you can make coins off that, it also means that others lose coins because of that.
I don't like making a profit for someone else's loss even if they wanted it.
Bitcoin was effectively a game when I started with it, but it certainly is no longer.

Most alt-coins have no intrinsic value at all, they simply pull down the value of BTC by having people invest in them and lose BTC and/or $

Another side of alt-coins that is common is:
"It's not fair I didn't get into the initial start of BTC and get lots of them, so I want to start a coin and profit on it's start"
Or translated: "Damn I want free money for no effort"
But in that case, they didn't get into the start coz either they didn't hear about it because they weren't listening, or coz they were listening and decided not to be a part of it.
In that case I say: go complain about not having bought bank or apple shares when they were worthless Tongue
Bitcoin wasn't a secret in 2010.
(Edit: and I'll add, Bitcoin was very well known towards the end of 2011 when they were worth only $2 ...)

From the pool point of view it requires running a bunch of crappy unreliable not kept up to date block chains with varying amounts of resource requirements and varying quality of code that I'd also have to fully audit the code to be sure there are no hacks in it since (as I said) these coins are often scams and I'd never blindly accept code from any such source.

... and in the end what comes out of it? ... not much at all for a lot of effort ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:58:35 AM

Is it just my imagination, or has the overall pool hash rate doubled over the course of 24 hours?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:01:05 AM

Is it just my imagination, or has the overall pool hash rate doubled over the course of 24 hours?
Yes it jumped up to 3.4PH for 2 hours and is currently on 3PH (for the last half hour)

SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 08:03:24 AM

CKPool: 3,040.41THs......ou
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:05:57 PM

AWWWW....no freakin' way...oh, yes way...I just bricked my S3+. Crap...there goes my main miner. Sorry...gonna be in limp mode until I get a break-out board.

edit; not that I was top of the leader board anyway.

edit2; aww...crap, I think I really did it! Thought I'd try a trick...no luck. Switching to that forum...but I am screwed!!!

Ha! you know, my best miner threw a leg outa bed too, im back to running the crappy "new r-box" that cant get over 70GH/s, so you're not alone brother!
i think ive worked mine to be the usb to serial converter, im hoping i can talk to it via rs232, once i work out what the pinout is..

Well, in attempts to repair my miner(remove the dead usb - uart chip, wire up the controller to external usb - uart controller) thanks to the Lack of protection from USB to the chipset, just a little voltage spike (probably on the data line), the 2nd and last of my miners crapped out its own usb-uart chip.

Kano, CK, Thankyou for EVERYTHING. im out, not going to buy anymore miners for some time (maybe when gekko gets theirs out).
elduderino

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Using some expensive heaters

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:49:03 PM

Let me chime in with all the others to say thanks Kano! You and CK do a great job keeping everything up and running!
 Grin

AWWWW....no freakin' way...oh, yes way...I just bricked my S3+. Crap...there goes my main miner. Sorry...gonna be in limp mode until I get a break-out board.

edit2; aww...crap, I think I really did it! Thought I'd try a trick...no luck. Switching to that forum...but I am screwed!!!

Ha! you know, my best miner threw a leg outa bed too, im back to running the crappy "new r-box" that cant get over 70GH/s, so you're not alone brother!
i think ive worked mine to be the usb to serial converter, im hoping i can talk to it via rs232, once i work out what the pinout is..

Well, in attempts to repair my miner(remove the dead usb - uart chip, wire up the controller to external usb - uart controller) thanks to the Lack of protection from USB to the chipset, just a little voltage spike (probably on the data line), the 2nd and last of my miners crapped out its own usb-uart chip.

Kano, CK, Thankyou for EVERYTHING. im out, not going to buy anymore miners for some time (maybe when gekko gets theirs out).

By Gekko do you mean the guys who do the server PSU boards?

Are they coming out with a miner? If not, please let me know. I looked on their site, but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance.

Do the things you know you must do first, then worry about the stuff you're not sure about.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 04:16:01 PM

Well...damn...thought I had it fixed! NOT...sorry, still only up using 2 r-Boxes. A measily little 220GH combined. At least they are giving me no problems (fingers-crossed) and running at rated. I saw somewhere in here that somebody was getting crap performance outa theirs. Hint: they don't like USB3, put 'em on USB 2 & they run fine.

Thanks to all for the info on doing a new setup. Think I'm gonna try a hard wire. Gotta plan this out, only want to do it once.

CK, Kano....I'll get this up ASAP. Now, signing off (just the forum) for this moment. Gonna try AGAIN to get this dang thing working. Think I'll pull the board out and try to hook up an rPi. What the hell. Otherwise it's gonna be buy a new controller from bitmain. Or find one on fleabay.

Later-

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
elduderino

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Using some expensive heaters

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:32:23 PM

Let me chime in with all the others to say thanks Kano! You and CK do a great job keeping everything up and running!
 Grin

By Gekko do you mean the guys who do the server PSU boards?

Are they coming out with a miner? If not, please let me know. I looked on their site, but didn't see anything. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind... I found the thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0

Should be interesting.

Do the things you know you must do first, then worry about the stuff you're not sure about.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:56:11 PM

Just did another ckdb restart (miners unaffected as usual for a ckdb restart)
The shifts page now includes the total diff invalids for the shift also.
... and just did a ckpool restart where most should have reconnected (though some will failover)
... mainly for that elusive and impossible effect on luck Smiley
* kano notes that we found a block 4 minutes ago Smiley
... and another just now Smiley

sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

when changing payout address how long before it takes effect?
Edit; and will pending payouts go to new address, Wink

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: