Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:11:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350588 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:18:49 AM

So ... while people are trying to decide where to go from BTCGuild ...

I ran an almost 10hr test to see which of 2 specific pools you should be mining at.
I ran 2 cgminers.
First is on a tiny RPI with an extra network hop, to kano.is, that I always run.
Second is on my i7 desktop mining to ... eligius

Basically the results are that we always get out a block change to our miner before eligius does.
... but here's the data for the last ~10hr run that really shows that you REALLY SHOULDN'T mine on eligius

Green means we were faster (all of them ... some by a lot!)
Pink/Red means we were slower ... well ... none were so there's no Pink/Red

Now I've run this before (for 12 hours) and although had similar results, there were a few (4) random blocks where we were much slower due to problems with our relay connection.
Those problems have been resolved and here's the current results (time is UTC+10)

Note that there were 3 blocks where no block change information even came from eligius.

Clearly there was some massive problem with them during the 2015/06/17 08:51:01 to 2015/06/17 10:07:28 time range ...

Anyone who wants to test this themselves, point 2 separate miners at each pool and see the cgminer log showing block change notifications.

This also simply shows that those empty blocks you mine at eligius, every block change, would already be good blocks mined here with transactions ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
MrFeiLong

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:51:30 AM

Hello Guys !! I have a question. Last few days I'm having problems with my Antminer S2, it keeps shutting down after few hours of mining at kano pool. I was just wondering about block % stat: if for example I have 0,05% participation in specific block then how long it will take to reach 0% after Antminer shutdown? Is it proportional? I mean: block mining time = time to reach 0% of block shares? It's just my curiosity Smiley
S2 ... hmm I put out an new S2 firmware/cgminer recently.
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
Maybe if it keeps shutting down, it may be worth running it a bit slower?

As for share rewards ...

The block statistics on the workers page are not directly related to reward.
They show how you have mined during the current block and reset the counters (except "Last Share") each time we find a block - as do the "Shares:" and "Invalids:" in the top left of the web site header.

The Shift stats are what is used to determine your reward.
Any share you submit gets rewarded in each block found in the 500% (plus a bit) after the share was submitted.
That 500% is: the shift the block was found in plus all shifts prior to it back until it is >= 500% - which is about 13 days at the moment.

So stopping and starting mining doesn't affect the shares you have already submitted.

That explains everything. Thank You Kano! I really appreciate it. And as for Antminer's S2 I removed hash boards with no result but I think I know what is going on: PSU fan is not working and this might cause an random shutdowns. But I'll replace the fan and hopefully everything will be ok.

Besides I would like to ask about S2 new firmare: could upgrade change productivity and give some better results with mining?

And thx for explanaition about the pools like BTC Guild and Eligius. Many times I was wondering which pool should I choose Smiley

EDIT: Hmmmm....I can't download latest firmware. Is there any other way? I would like to try it because there are few changes which are interesting Smiley
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:47:12 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 09:17:25 AM by kano

That explains everything. Thank You Kano! I really appreciate it. And as for Antminer's S2 I removed hash boards with no result but I think I know what is going on: PSU fan is not working and this might cause an random shutdowns. But I'll replace the fan and hopefully everything will be ok.

Besides I would like to ask about S2 new firmare: could upgrade change productivity and give some better results with mining?

And thx for explanaition about the pools like BTC Guild and Eligius. Many times I was wondering which pool should I choose Smiley

EDIT: Hmmmm....I can't download latest firmware. Is there any other way? I would like to try it because there are few changes which are interesting Smiley
Odd - is github not working for you?
I've also got it here:
http://198.136.28.106/initramfs.bin.SD-Kano-20150524073531.tar

---

There was a datacentre issue for 2 minutes, 40 mins ago and some people may have lost their connection (but reconnected shortly after)
I did, but that may not have affected too many other people, since I'm way over here in Aus Smiley
(it affected my access to 2 on my servers for 2 minutes)

---

Edit: forgot to add ... 3 hours ago ...
Payouts 361153 and 361170 sent
8a9ece84f95fcd6769c49f60ed2ce43a7c5e3b5fd2383f2b0ad819306a588faf
b92b2269cd69fbb8c704f2a61f8c36513651f262a06451fc06e479a81cf00823
and confirmed

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

Forgive me if this has already been addressed... and if you've been asked like 1000 times already, I apologize for making this the 1001st query Smiley.

The latest S3 binary I see is from last year and is version 4.6.1.  I know that the NH/WH guys have some version they coded based on 4.7 for the extranonce subscription.  Am I missing a newer version for the S3, or is the 4.6.1 the latest?

OK... back on topic... gee, there's a surprise about needing to push empty blocks because it's faster /sarcasm.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:32:12 PM

Forgive me if this has already been addressed... and if you've been asked like 1000 times already, I apologize for making this the 1001st query Smiley.

The latest S3 binary I see is from last year and is version 4.6.1.  I know that the NH/WH guys have some version they coded based on 4.7 for the extranonce subscription.  Am I missing a newer version for the S3, or is the 4.6.1 the latest?

OK... back on topic... gee, there's a surprise about needing to push empty blocks because it's faster /sarcasm.

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have the NH/WH cgminer on some of my S3+'s and it seems to mine fine and does include the extranoce subscription.  Only problem with it is that the miner status page no longer shows any data from the bottom section.  So I cant monitor temp, asic status, fan speed, freq, etc.  
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:42:19 PM

The latest S3 binary I see is from last year and is version 4.6.1.  I know that the NH/WH guys have some version they coded based on 4.7 for the extranonce subscription.  Am I missing a newer version for the S3, or is the 4.6.1 the latest?

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have the NH/WH cgminer on some of my S3+'s and it seems to mine fine.  Only problem with it is that the miner status page no longer shows any data from the bottom section.  So I cant monitor temp, asic status, fan speed, freq, etc.  
I've got 8 S3s mining.  6 of them I have listed on MRR, and each of those 6 uses the NH/WH patched version of cgminer to provide renters with the option of pointing them to pools that require it.  The other 2 I have pointed at OgNasty's pool, and they are using the cgminer binary from -ck's site (4.6.1 dated from 20 Oct 2014).

All of the S3s use Bitmain's latest firmware update (antMiner_S320150109.bin).

I'm not sure why you don't see the data... here's what I see on one of mine (pool details intentionally blanked out):

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:53:48 PM

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have the NH/WH cgminer on some of my S3+'s and it seems to mine fine.  Only problem with it is that the miner status page no longer shows any data from the bottom section.  So I cant monitor temp, asic status, fan speed, freq, etc.  
I've got 8 S3s mining.  6 of them I have listed on MRR, and each of those 6 uses the NH/WH patched version of cgminer to provide renters with the option of pointing them to pools that require it.  The other 2 I have pointed at OgNasty's pool, and they are using the cgminer binary from -ck's site (4.6.1 dated from 20 Oct 2014).

If you flashed with the Jan 2015...that's the latest, so far. I didn't care for the NH/WH version for the reasons already explained. BitMain is no longer supporting our S3s(+), but there is a newer update coming ... and I think I quote this correctly..."It's in the works", or something to that effect. You are good until then. Don't sweat the small stuff.       Grin

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

The latest S3 binary I see is from last year and is version 4.6.1.  I know that the NH/WH guys have some version they coded based on 4.7 for the extranonce subscription.  Am I missing a newer version for the S3, or is the 4.6.1 the latest?

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have the NH/WH cgminer on some of my S3+'s and it seems to mine fine.  Only problem with it is that the miner status page no longer shows any data from the bottom section.  So I cant monitor temp, asic status, fan speed, freq, etc. 
I've got 8 S3s mining.  6 of them I have listed on MRR, and each of those 6 uses the NH/WH patched version of cgminer to provide renters with the option of pointing them to pools that require it.  The other 2 I have pointed at OgNasty's pool, and they are using the cgminer binary from -ck's site (4.6.1 dated from 20 Oct 2014).

If you flashed with the Jan 2015...that's the latest, so far. I didn't care for the NH/WH version for the reasons already explained. BitMain is no longer supporting our S3s(+), but there is a newer version ... and I think I quote this correctly..."It's in the works", or something to that effect. You are good until then.
I use the NH/WH version because I like to provide the option to renters and give them a wider range of pools on which they can mine.  As for any newer version of the firmware from Bitmain, I doubt we'll see anything official from them - they've pretty much dropped the support for it as you stated.  The reason I asked my question initially was because I thought I remembered reading that -ck/kano were working on providing a newer cgminer binary for the S3 (based on cgminer 4.9.x).

CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 05:00:36 PM

Yup...."It's in the works".

edit: You actually get 'renters' for your S3+s?

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:07:58 PM

I know this doesn't quite answer your question, but I have the NH/WH cgminer on some of my S3+'s and it seems to mine fine.  Only problem with it is that the miner status page no longer shows any data from the bottom section.  So I cant monitor temp, asic status, fan speed, freq, etc. 
I've got 8 S3s mining.  6 of them I have listed on MRR, and each of those 6 uses the NH/WH patched version of cgminer to provide renters with the option of pointing them to pools that require it.  The other 2 I have pointed at OgNasty's pool, and they are using the cgminer binary from -ck's site (4.6.1 dated from 20 Oct 2014).

If you flashed with the Jan 2015...that's the latest, so far. I didn't care for the NH/WH version for the reasons already explained. BitMain is no longer supporting our S3s(+), but there is a newer version ... and I think I quote this correctly..."It's in the works", or something to that effect. You are good until then.
I use the NH/WH version because I like to provide the option to renters and give them a wider range of pools on which they can mine.  As for any newer version of the firmware from Bitmain, I doubt we'll see anything official from them - they've pretty much dropped the support for it as you stated.  The reason I asked my question initially was because I thought I remembered reading that -ck/kano were working on providing a newer cgminer binary for the S3 (based on cgminer 4.9.x).
I may not have the newest firmware on my S3+'s.  That could be my issue.  Ill look into that tonight.
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:38:17 PM

Payouts 361153 and 361170 sent
8a9ece84f95fcd6769c49f60ed2ce43a7c5e3b5fd2383f2b0ad819306a588faf
b92b2269cd69fbb8c704f2a61f8c36513651f262a06451fc06e479a81cf00823
and confirmed

Are there plans to automate payouts at all? Just seems like it could be a weak link in the system if you were to be AFK for an extended period.
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:05:42 PM

"If it ain't broke...don't fix it" is what my Daddy always told me.    Grin

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:27:09 PM

Not saying it's a problem now, but it puts a pretty high "bus factor" on Kano. That is, what is the impact if the subject in question were to get hit by a bus. Not saying that's likely to happen, and yes the image is a bit gruesome, but it might be worth thinking about.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:30:04 PM

edit: You actually get 'renters' for your S3+s?
All the time.  My gear is rented as I type... Latest rental was for a week

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:33:38 PM

Not saying it's a problem now, but it puts a pretty high "bus factor" on Kano. That is, what is the impact if the subject in question were to get hit by a bus. Not saying that's likely to happen, and yes the image is a bit gruesome, but it might be worth thinking about.
Well ... I've been hit by a truck before ... 18 years ago ... motorcycles always lose in a fight with a truck Smiley

The reason I don't want automatic payouts is that there's the risk of 1 (or more) payouts going astray.
I run an extended set of across the board system/db/whatever tests (twice) each time I do a payout (and at other times) to try to ensure there's nothing strange going on.
(yesterday's payout was also delayed somewhat due to finding a very unusual address change - fortunately there was no payout related to it - and the contact hasn't got back to me after discussing it with them - so I guess all was ok)

It really doesn't matter how secure you think a system is, sooner or later someone will find a hole in it.
The biggest issue of course being that any system has a large amount of software installed on it, and you basically can't know in advance what security bugs/holes might be in the current system or the 'next' update.
I, of course, minimise what's running on the server, but even those few system programs get security alerts once in a while.

Each time I feel the process is a burden, I spend a few hours speeding up parts of it, but the final send will, for the time being, require me to check and send Smiley

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:42:46 PM

Each time I feel the process is a burden, I spend a few hours speeding up parts of it, but the final send will, for the time being, require me to check and send Smiley

So, how often are payments made? Is it a daily or per block find or something else?  I didn't see it mentioned in the top post.
Thanks,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:43:32 PM

Yep, the code itself is already all in master cgminer (for a bit over a week)
Just I haven't got a complete firmware done yet due to いろいろあったのよー
(many various things happened ...)

My main BTC effort for the past couple of weeks has been the pool with all the issues of the bitcoin daemon and the relay and ensuring we don't get orphans.

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:45:43 PM

So, how often are payments made? Is it a daily or per block find or something else?  I didn't see it mentioned in the top post.
Thanks,
Sam
The block reward goes to 2 address - 99.1% for mining payout, 0.9% for myself and -ck
Once it's matured (101 confirms) the 99.1% is sent to miners.

CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 05:52:41 PM

I used to really like lightning storms.....not so much since being in FL US. Twice in 24hrs my power has been knocked out!!

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

well if you  haven't welcomed to Florida let me be the first one to do so Wink

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: