Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:21:35 AM

Hey guys,

New miner here, I have 3 S9 (14TH each) mining on Slushpool but recently i stumble upon KanoPool.

Please if you are experienced in this, would you suggest me to continue mining on Slushpool? Or Would you recommend me to switch over to KanoPool?  :-)

Thanks! Looking forward to learn from y'all and hopefully one day, able to contribute hehe.

Regards

Any experienced miner care to shed some light? :-)

Thanks!
Our fees are less than half his.
He has much lower variance (and ripped off his miners at the end of 2015 Tongue)
Any other discussion isn't really a pool thread subject but rather a "which pool do you prefer" thread question.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NomadGroup

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:21:53 AM

Guys I have a question and if someone knows the answer please let me know.   I’ve had some btc in Coinbase for a long time now, before the btc gold spit.  They have told all of the users that they will give the same amount in btc gold as the amount of the btc that the user had before the split but at the same tim they are saying that they can not support it at the moment because of some code that wasn’t released to public or some other issue, I’m not sure because I don’t know much about it.  Well what I want to know is that if I sell the btc right now will I still get the btc gold when and if they support it in the near future?

Thanks!  Wink

I don’t think they’ll support it

Who knows my friend, who knows!  But i sure don’t want to miss out on all the gold for the btc I’ve had before the split if they ever do!  Wink
kennyredefine

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:23:02 AM

Guess I will give your pool a try my man! Appreciate you replying to my newbie question heheehhe Smiley

Regards,
kenny
NomadGroup

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:34:16 AM

Hey guys,

New miner here, I have 3 S9 (14TH each) mining on Slushpool but recently i stumble upon KanoPool.

Please if you are experienced in this, would you suggest me to continue mining on Slushpool? Or Would you recommend me to switch over to KanoPool?  :-)

Thanks! Looking forward to learn from y'all and hopefully one day, able to contribute hehe.

Regards

Thanks!
Our fess are less than half his.
He has much lower variance (and ripped off his miners at the end of 2015 Tongue)
Any other discussion isn't really a pool thread subject but rather a "which pool do you prefer" thread question.

I can say that when I started mining I picked the Slutpool from watching a couple of vids on YouTube where some clueless miners just like I was were saying that it was nice and all but then I tried Kano and I was in shock to see how little they payed me compared to Kanoa, At that time, I believe it was 2016 I compared the Slutpool and Kano just to find out that Kano was paying me a hell of a lot more!  And I’ve been here ever since!  Slush is just a pretty site that attracts noobs with their pretty design and all kinds of graphs and all that, nothing more!   Angry.    I can tell you that if we can get 100% luck stats taking like a year period into account or even less, then you can be sure that you are getting payed more than anywhere else!  Wink
kennyredefine

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:39:46 AM

Hey guys,

Please if you are experienced in this, would you suggest me to continue mining on Slushpool? Or Would you recommend me to switch over to KanoPool?  :-)

Regards

Thanks!

I can say that when I started mining I picked the Slutpool from watching a couple of vids on YouTube where some clueless miners just like I was were saying that it was nice and all but then I tried Kano and I was in shock to see how little they payed me compared to Kanoa, At that time, I believe it was 2016 I compared the Slutpool and Kano just to find out that Kano was paying me a hell of a lot more!  And I’ve been here ever since!  Slush is just a pretty site that attracts noobs with their pretty design and all kinds of graphs and all that, nothing more!   Angry.    I can tell you that if we can get 100% luck stats taking like a year period into account or even less, then you can be sure that you are getting payed more than anywhere else!  Wink

Thank you brother for the in-depth insights hehe. Idk why but I am giggling at SLUTpool. LUL. I just started mining in Kanopool, downloaded the app too. To be honest, I don't know what 80% of the stats on the site says LOL. But I guess the understandings of em' will come in time as I mine....

hehehe :-)
NomadGroup

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:00:06 AM

Hey guys,

Please if you are experienced in this, would you suggest me to continue mining on Slushpool? Or Would you recommend me to switch over to KanoPool?  :-)

Regards

Thanks!

I can say that when I started mining I picked the Slutpool from watching a couple of vids on YouTube where some clueless miners just like I was were saying that it was nice and all but then I tried Kano and I was in shock to see how little they payed me compared to Kanoa, At that time, I believe it was 2016 I compared the Slutpool and Kano just to find out that Kano was paying me a hell of a lot more!  And I’ve been here ever since!  Slush is just a pretty site that attracts noobs with their pretty design and all kinds of graphs and all that, nothing more!   Angry.    I can tell you that if we can get 100% luck stats taking like a year period into account or even less than 100% luck, then you can be sure that you are getting payed more than anywhere else!  Wink

Thank you brother for the in-depth insights hehe. Idk why but I am giggling at SLUTpool. LUL. I just started mining in Kanopool, downloaded the app too. To be honest, I don't know what 80% of the stats on the site says LOL. But I guess the understandings of em' will come in time as I mine....

Also I forgot to mention that since I started in Kano I’ve received a total of more than 20 btc Rewards in my wallet but it is hard to say at what average TH since I started with just 4.7 TH and was adding more and more when I had a chance and now I got around 150TH so maybe I got these 20 btc from like 70th in average but it is hard to say as well as because of the difficulty increases, before it was easier to get btc.  I just wish I haven’t sold almost all of them until now when the price is what it is!   Cheesy  Lol. But don’t get discouraged with short term luck, here we look at a long run big picture.  Although lately we had a few big miners that left us which hurt the pool, so now it’s fetting harder for miners because we have to wait for a block what seems like forever! But as long as we can stay afloat will be fine.  Cool. I hope!  Grin

Long live Kano !!!

And mine on comrade!

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

Hi,

I cannot trace having recieved my last payout from the pool on the 15th , probably an issue my end is there a way to track it please?
The last transaction has been sent out, but not confirmed.
Bitcoin transactions have 2 steps:
1) Create a transaction and relay it onto the Bitcoin network
2) A miner confirm the transaction into a block

Step 2) can be slow or fast depending on the general network mempool size (transaction backlog) and the fee included in the transaction

In our case I only put a (very) low fee (42,000 sat) so it will be confirmed if the network isn't busy.
However, since we're a pool I can also ensure it's in the next block we find after I send it out.
So in the case of 494458 it will prolly not confirm until we find another block even though 494405 did.

The side effect is that no one has to pay fees for the payout transactions.
... and just to prove me wrong Smiley
Our block payout for 494458 got confirmed a few minutes ago Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
NomadGroup

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:07:04 AM

Hi,

I cannot trace having recieved my last payout from the pool on the 15th , probably an issue my end is there a way to track it please?
The last transaction has been sent out, but not confirmed.
Bitcoin transactions have 2 steps:
1) Create a transaction and relay it onto the Bitcoin network
2) A miner confirm the transaction into a block

Step 2) can be slow or fast depending on the general network mempool size (transaction backlog) and the fee included in the transaction

In our case I only put a (very) low fee (42,000 sat) so it will be confirmed if the network isn't busy.
However, since we're a pool I can also ensure it's in the next block we find after I send it out.
So in the case of 494458 it will prolly not confirm until we find another block even though 494405 did.

The side effect is that no one has to pay fees for the payout transactions.
... and just to prove me wrong Smiley
Our block payout for 494458 got confirmed a few minutes ago Smiley

Sweet!  Can’t wait to get that fat boy in my wallet!  Grin

Edit: woot woot!  Just got it!   Grin
kennyredefine

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:11:16 AM

Hey guys,

Regards

Thanks!

I can say that when I started mining I picked the Slutpool from watching a couple of vids on YouTube where some clueless miners just like I was were saying that it was nice and all but then I tried Kano and I was in shock to see how little they payed me compared to Kanoa, At that time, I believe it was 2016 I compared the Slutpool and Kano just to find out that Kano was paying me a hell of a lot more!  And I’ve been here ever since!  Slush is just a pretty site that attracts noobs with their pretty design and all kinds of graphs and all that, nothing more!   Angry.    I can tell you that if we can get 100% luck stats taking like a year period into account or even less than 100% luck, then you can be sure that you are getting payed more than anywhere else!  Wink

Also I forgot to mention that since I started in Kano I’ve received a total of more than 20 btc Rewards in my wallet but it is hard to say at what average TH since I started with just 4.7 TH and was adding more and more when I had a chance and now I got around 150TH so maybe I got these 20 btc from like 70th in average but it is hard to say as well as because of the difficulty increases, before it was easier to get btc.  I just wish I haven’t sold almost all of them until now when the price is what it is!   Cheesy  Lol. But don’t get discouraged with short term luck, here we look at a long run big picture.  Although lately we had a few big miners that left us which hurt the pool, so now it’s fetting harder for miners because we have to wait for a block what seems like forever! But as long as we can stay afloat will be fine.  Cool. I hope!  Grin

Long live Kano !!!

And mine on comrade!

Damn bruh! 150TH/S is amazing! I wish to be like you one day my man. I am currently runing only with a 14TH s9, 2 other units are coming in December (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

I have so many questions to ask but don't know where to ask because they are VERY silly-newbie question lol - like what's luck % etc.

Do you have any videos on youtube that you'd recommend me to watch? I can't seem to find more about kano Pool on YouTube Sad

Regards
NomadGroup

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:16:13 AM

Hey guys,

Regards

Thanks!

Long live Kano !!!

And mine on comrade!

Damn bruh! 150TH/S is amazing! I wish to be like you one day my man. I am currently runing only with a 14TH s9, 2 other units are coming in December (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

I have so many questions to ask but don't know where to ask because they are VERY silly-newbie question lol - like what's luck % etc.

Do you have any videos on youtube that you'd recommend me to watch? I can't seem to find more about kano Pool on YouTube Sad

Regards

Sure I can help you out a little and tell you what I’ve learned so far, just write me a personal message and I will take a look at it tomorrow. Going to sleep now Smiley.   Plus we don’t want to clutter the forum too much because Master Kano doesn’t  like that lol  Cheesy.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:20:02 AM

C'mon people reduce the size of those quotes please Smiley

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:15:24 AM

I'll be doing a pool restart in about 45 minutes to add a minor update to the pool, required for my KanoDB change doing block submissions.
This will mean a failover for all miners but with a failback straight back (and the 5 minute miner wait before it switches back)

Then I'll also update the DB about 10 or 15 minutes after that.
I'll post again once it's all done.

kennyredefine

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:20:11 AM

Thank you kano, you the man. Please update the status here once it is online, I will switch off my miner to let it rest for the moment. :-)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

Thank you kano, you the man. Please update the status here once it is online, I will switch off my miner to let it rest for the moment. :-)

You don't have to turn anything off, however you should have a backup pool setup on your miners for any outages of your main pool of choice.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:30:55 PM

I'll be doing a pool restart in about 45 minutes to add a minor update to the pool, required for my KanoDB change doing block submissions.
This will mean a failover for all miners but with a failback straight back (and the 5 minute miner wait before it switches back)

Then I'll also update the DB about 10 or 15 minutes after that.
I'll post again once it's all done.
Updates all completed successfully, no problems (so far Smiley)

This update of the DB code includes the full hashing and block checking of every share that KanoDB gets from the pool code and submitting all blocks it finds also.
This is the code that I ran on the 63 day test run but with a few more changes to it since then (mainly the block submission addition)

So basically this duplicates the most important part of the pool code - but, as I've mentioned, it's all new code written by me so it gives a full independent 2nd verification of the shares and blocks.
Heh it didn't add much CPU usage to KanoDB - well a typical old CPU can do around 30MHs so since the pool is way less than that (but does roughly 10 hashes per share) it shouldn't have added much more CPU.

kennyredefine

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:31:20 PM

You don't have to turn anything off, however you should have a backup pool setup on your miners for any outages of your main pool of choice.

Hi bro Biffa,

You mean set the mining pool on the Priority 1 of my antminer configuration? Oh I should have do that just now haha, I didnt know what it was for Tongue

But now I know what it is for, after searching on YouTube hehe.

Thanks!!!
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 02:03:20 PM

This update of the DB code includes the full hashing and block checking of every share that KanoDB gets from the pool code and submitting all blocks it finds also.

So basically this duplicates the most important part of the pool code - but, as I've mentioned, it's all new code written by me so it gives a full independent 2nd verification of the shares and blocks.
I cannot imagine all that is involved with getting a pool setup in the first place, but it is amazing that you understand it enough re-verify every share.  I actually tried to "dig into" how sha256 works thinking that if the first part of the hash mechanism could be "cached" until it gets to the parts that are different for every calculation.  I suspect that the changing values are probably sent to be hashed first, then there is no caching opportunity anyway.  Anyway, I quickly got overloaded (did not have the multiple days needed to let it sink in).  And of course if I did figure it out, then I would have to spend weeks to learn how to "mod" my s9 which is not worth it to lose all the revenue.  Anyway, a huge bow to you Kano and we are honored to be "working" with / for you.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

You mean set the mining pool on the Priority 1 of my antminer configuration? Oh I should have do that just now haha, I didnt know what it was for Tongue
I am in the US, so I have two Kano ones setup and Slush as the final backup.  Some people also have said that they set the final up to solo mining.  I have not figured that one out yet.  In any case, set the first to the one closest to you (fastest ping time) and the second one is more of an automatic discovery one. 

stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:13:00 PM

I cannot imagine all that is involved with getting a pool setup in the first place, but it is amazing that you understand it enough re-verify every share.  I actually tried to "dig into" how sha256 works thinking that if the first part of the hash mechanism could be "cached" until it gets to the parts that are different for every calculation.  I suspect that the changing values are probably sent to be hashed first, then there is no caching opportunity anyway.  Anyway, I quickly got overloaded (did not have the multiple days needed to let it sink in).  And of course if I did figure it out, then I would have to spend weeks to learn how to "mod" my s9 which is not worth it to lose all the revenue.  Anyway, a huge bow to you Kano and we are honored to be "working" with / for you.

A share is composed of the 6 block header items that you can pretty quickly validate - SHA256 is great because it is fast like that.

You can see more at: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_hashing_algorithm

Although its unclear if Kano is recalculating the Merkle Root as well, but my understanding was that the stratum pool server sends that to the miner, as opposed to the miner choosing to include transactions themselves.
kennyredefine

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:16:31 PM

I am in the US, so I have two Kano ones setup and Slush as the final backup.  Some people also have said that they set the final up to solo mining.  I have not figured that one out yet.  In any case, set the first to the one closest to you (fastest ping time) and the second one is more of an automatic discovery one. 

stratum+tcp://nya.kano.is:3333
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333

Hi bro,

Thanks for pointing that out!

My main priority 0 miner configuration is set to stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333

I am from Malaysia. Where do i see the list of server? I can't find it on the main page of kano.is hehe

Looking forward for your reply!

Regards,
Kenny
Pages: « 1 ... 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: