Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:46:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350863 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:58 AM

Hey guys, anyone willing to help me..? I'm tryna calculate how much I'll earn if we find a block at this moment.

My ramp is up at 7.5 exactly (outta 13.5), and my shares is 220k. Pool is at 271.30% as we all can see. So, if we hit a block of 15 BTC, how do you calculate to speculate your reward..?

Thanks guys. Oh also, let's say we hit another one right after it. Maybe in 10 minutes, so our pool % is real low, my ramp still the same, and my shares will be around a single K..? That case too Smiley oh and maybe if I was fully ramped up etc..?

Thanks guys Cheesy
Well to work out how far yaw into yaw 5Nd there's this post yesterday Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg29218581#msg29218581

Then you'd have to add up yaw total in the 5Nd which would be the sum of "Your Diff" on the Shifts page going back 5Nd, but the 'current' 5Nd point isn't shown there Sad

OK, it would be possible to actually do the 5Nd calculation on the Shifts page, if I added the "Pool Diff" per shift also.
It of course wouldn't be exact, since it wouldn't include the current shift, but it would only be wrong by 1 shift, so not very inaccurate.
The Pool->Graph does have the "Pool Diff" value, but it's not easy to add up 5Nd on that graph.

I've put that into the "look into TODOing it" list.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:48:58 AM

Ok pool, 4 blocks in a row to kick off February please? I had chicken for lunch yesterday!

Looks like I'm being pushed out of the top 50... this is a good thing!

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:51:19 AM

BTC fire sale. Get it while it is hot guys.  Grin
Pecker

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:19:08 AM

How do folks...

I am a newbie...

Couple of questions about the market downturn and profitability of mining...

First, should I diversify after receiving bitcoin into some of the others (not hold all bitcoin) and why is this a good idea or why not?  If so, recommendations and why.  I am only mining bitcoin and that is all I plan on doing..

second, is it still profitable for the little guy (4 or 5 s9's).  BTC Price dropping lower and difficulty getting higher.  Already starting to see cheaper prices on S9's on Ebay.

My saving grace is I have free electricity as I  have them in the back room of my warehouse.  My rent (for my other business) is all inclusive of all utilities so it really costs me nothing other than hardware...

But hardware is still pretty expensive these days...  I'm not trying to pull any money, I just want it to pay back for the hardware and hopefully make soem $$ for my retirement a few years down the line..  Should I be buying more hardware even though I have not seen much return yet?

I would appreciate any insight?

Thanks! 
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:20:55 AM

BTC fire sale. Get it while it is hot guys.  Grin

I can just hear the newbies on the speculation boards screaming!  Cheesy
It did take a bump, tho.

Just had chicken flatbreads. Got all my dancing shoes on. All in the canoe!

Mine on!!!

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:23:32 AM

How do folks...

I am a newbie...

Couple of questions about the market downturn and profitability of mining...

First, should I diversify after receiving bitcoin into some of the others (not hold all bitcoin) and why is this a good idea or why not?  If so, recommendations and why.  I am only mining bitcoin and that is all I plan on doing..

second, is it still profitable for the little guy (4 or 5 s9's).  BTC Price dropping lower and difficulty getting higher.  Already starting to see cheaper prices on S9's on Ebay.

My saving grace is I have free electricity as I  have them in the back room of my warehouse.  My rent (for my other business) is all inclusive of all utilities so it really costs me nothing other than hardware...

But hardware is still pretty expensive these days...  I'm not trying to pull any money, I just want it to pay back for the hardware and hopefully make soem $$ for my retirement a few years down the line..  Should I be buying more hardware even though I have not seen much return yet?

I would appreciate any insight?

Thanks! 

All based on what you can afford.  If you can get away with 3-4 more miners with that free electricity, might as well go for it.   But only if you can afford it.
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:32:28 AM

BTC fire sale. Get it while it is hot guys.  Grin

Accumulation period happening again, gotta love it!
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:47:19 AM

Welcome Steve, to the new #3 slot.

And goodbye Steve. 
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

Welcome Steve, to the new #3 slot.

And goodbye Steve. 

He wasn't getting his hourly payout.  Shocked
manduul

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:51:20 AM

Hey guys, anyone willing to help me..? I'm tryna calculate how much I'll earn if we find a block at this moment.

My ramp is up at 7.5 exactly (outta 13.5), and my shares is 220k. Pool is at 271.30% as we all can see. So, if we hit a block of 15 BTC, how do you calculate to speculate your reward..?

Thanks guys. Oh also, let's say we hit another one right after it. Maybe in 10 minutes, so our pool % is real low, my ramp still the same, and my shares will be around a single K..? That case too Smiley oh and maybe if I was fully ramped up etc..?

Thanks guys Cheesy

Then you'd have to add up yaw total in the 5Nd which would be the sum of "Your Diff" on the Shifts page going back 5Nd, but the 'current' 5Nd point isn't shown there Sad

OK, it would be possible to actually do the 5Nd calculation on the Shifts page, if I added the "Pool Diff" per shift also.
It of course wouldn't be exact, since it wouldn't include the current shift, but it would only be wrong by 1 shift, so not very inaccurate.
The Pool->Graph does have the "Pool Diff" value, but it's not easy to add up 5Nd on that graph.

No wonder why I wasn't able to calculate it on my own. I really think you need to translate everything that is on the site to some average-joe-friendly format Tongue at the moment, it's really written for true geeks who've been mining since the very early days.

I really, still, have no idea so far about everything that's on the site, I'll just see when we find a block. I get it, I get the concept, I know it's better the longer you stay, I know my downtime of 20 minutes will be covered etc (it's actually the only reason why I switched over), but that's it. Frankly, nowhere on the site says it! It says 5Nd, PPLNS and that's it. I tried understanding it over and over only to come back to the forum and ask what it means...

Oh well, mine on Smiley
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Thanks guys Cheesy

No wonder why I wasn't able to calculate it on my own. I really think you need to translate everything that is on the site to some average-joe-friendly format Tongue at the moment, it's really written for true geeks who've been mining since the very early days.

I really, still, have no idea so far about everything that's on the site, I'll just see when we find a block. I get it, I get the concept, I know it's better the longer you stay, I know my downtime of 20 minutes will be covered etc (it's actually the only reason why I switched over), but that's it. Frankly, nowhere on the site says it! It says 5Nd, PPLNS and that's it. I tried understanding it over and over only to come back to the forum and ask what it means...

Oh well, mine on Smiley

At least you understood the most important thing which is... shutup and mine on... Grin  In all seriousness, it isn't too difficult to understand. The concepts just need to be broken down "barney style".
manduul

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:57:21 AM

Thanks guys Cheesy

Oh well, mine on Smiley

At least you understood the most important thing which is... shutup and mine on... Grin  In all seriousness, it isn't too difficult to understand. The concepts just need to be broken down "barney style".

Haha, calculate my reward then damn it  Cheesy
Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:05:56 AM

Thanks guys Cheesy

Oh well, mine on Smiley

If enough people ask similar questions over and over, is the problem new people? Or perhaps could it be the common denominator?
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:11:29 AM

If enough people ask similar questions over and over, is the problem new people? Or perhaps could it be the common denominator?

It's the fact that people are inherently lazy, and why would you try to figure it our for yourself or read back 10 posts, when you can just blindly fire off another of the same old questions.  Doesn't matter what the topic, it's always the same basic approach.
manduul

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:18:57 AM

It's the fact that people are inherently lazy, and why would you try to figure it our for yourself or read back 10 posts, when you can just blindly fire off another of the same old questions.  Doesn't matter what the topic, it's always the same basic approach.

I've been here quite a while now. I read every single post, replies here. People ask, people get answers. Well, I don't find anything useful at all tho. Many of you basically copy what is written on the website and paste it here. I know there's a mathematical code running on the backend of Kano, and it calculates exactly as how it is intended to. And that's exactly what I asked for, my ramp is at 7.5, my shares are 200k put of pool's share of 7.158.000.000.000 etc... Tell me exactly how to calculate it, I will calculate it. Don't copy the 5Nd and paste it. Can you..? And believe me, I was here tryna learn the pool system before I started mining here.
nobitanh

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:21:46 AM

I think Kano'd better make some simple calculator that can give user the future rewards as their current hashrate Cheesy
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:24:56 AM

Trying to calculate your reward for some future block is interesting.  If we don't hit the block right when you hit equals on your calculator, then your math is wrong and you have to start all over again.  On top of that, you can't possibility guess how much the transactions fees are going to be...start all over again.  It's an exercise in futility!  One thing I know for certain is when we hit that block, Kano-san's pool code will calculate my reward perfectly...every time! Cheesy
akadamson

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:26:20 AM

It's the fact that people are inherently lazy, and why would you try to figure it our for yourself or read back 10 posts, when you can just blindly fire off another of the same old questions.  Doesn't matter what the topic, it's always the same basic approach.

I've been here quite a while now. I read every single post, replies here. People ask, people get answers. Well, I don't find anything useful at all tho. Many of you basically copy what is written on the website and paste it here. I know there's a mathematical code running on the backend of Kano, and it calculates exactly as how it is intended to. And that's exactly what I asked for, my ramp is at 7.5, my shares are 200k put of pool's share of 7.158.000.000.000 etc... Tell me exactly how to calculate it, I will calculate it. Don't copy the 5Nd and paste it. Can you..? And believe me, I was here tryna learn the pool system before I started mining here.

Really Dude, read every single post ever?  This was from 5 pages ago from the horses mouth

And secondly you might try the help->payouts link on the main website.
Tnaa97

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

Mine on!!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:36:10 AM

Has the pink middle of the shift graph disappeared for anyone other than me?

I like to see the 5nd but I don't see it now.

Mine on!!
akadamson

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:40:11 AM

Has the pink middle of the shift graph disappeared for anyone other than me?

I like to see the 5nd but I don't see it now.

It's just scrolled off the left of the chart.  We need a Block to bring it back.
Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: