Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [prediction] Next spike $560,000 14 {<-oops!} months from now (2017 Update!)  (Read 71465 times)
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:07:14 PM

Probably my timescale is wrong, probably my target is wrong.

Mostly though I'm still confident the underlying hypothesis remains solid. When it happens people will be utterly bamboozled.

Thanks for the thread. I agree that the upside is beyond what any of us can guess and therefore, could well be astronomically ridiculously high.

I have a question. What did you mean by this statement?

Wall st has indeed come. Its just that people are looking at things from the wrong angle. Wall st is part of the infrastructure that is currently rising up, such that once everyone notices what has happened. It's already happened.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:13:53 PM

I`d just wait it out, it may or may not decrease.

But, its always a risk at buying when you dont know what its actually worth. Like how do you value a piece of network thats consider a money transmitter at the same time, and being comparable like gold.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:24:28 PM

Only 7 months to go until $500K coins!!

Sweet. So a $2300 rise per day. Let's get rolling tomorrow morning and see if we can get off to a good start.

Or we could just plateau at about $240 per coin for the next 6 1/2 months and then rise and additional $499,760 in a couple weeks or days.  Cheesy

haha...the only chance for this to happen would be if we find aliens, they want to trade (typically, it is coffee they are after in most Sci-fi novels) and only take bitcoins for their gadgets.

Mostly though I'm still confident the underlying hypothesis remains solid. When it happens people will be utterly bamboozled.

Thanks for the thread. I agree that the upside is beyond what any of us can guess and therefore, could well be astronomically ridiculously high.

Wall st has indeed come. Its just that people are looking at things from the wrong angle. Wall st is part of the infrastructure that is currently rising up, such that once everyone notices what has happened. It's already happened.

the dynamics is all wrong at the moment.
I start to think that it (global success) might not happen after all, or at least not in a a few decades.
bluemoon

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:59:02 PM

I find it encouraging that the number of transactions has continued to grow exponentially, despite the price decline since the ATH.

As long as there is underlying network growth bitcoin's utility will increase, and so, ultimately, will its value.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:10:08 PM

I find it encouraging that the number of transactions has continued to grow exponentially, despite the price decline since the ATH.

As long as there is underlying network growth bitcoin's utility will increase, and so, ultimately, will its value.

Yeah, but its a matter of when right.

So I think most people who are selling their coins are jus too impatient in general cause they feel it`ll come in another 6 years or something for a price change.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:11:14 PM

Only 7 months to go until $500K coins!!

Sweet. So a $2300 rise per day. Let's get rolling tomorrow morning and see if we can get off to a good start.

Or we could just plateau at about $240 per coin for the next 6 1/2 months and then rise and additional $499,760 in a couple weeks or days.  Cheesy

haha...the only chance for this to happen would be if we find aliens, they want to trade (typically, it is coffee they are after in most Sci-fi novels) and only take bitcoins for their gadgets.

the dynamics is all wrong at the moment.
I start to think that it (global success) might not happen after all, or at least not in a a few decades.

Transformative technologies are overrated in the short term and underrated in the long term. Bitcoin won't need decades to hit 560k, it will happen much faster than that.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:27:56 PM

At this point I'd be happy with 1% of the target price. Hell, even 0.1% would do the trick for me Cheesy But I won't get off the rocket now, it would be too painful to see it lift off without me!

I'm pretty sure it will never happen
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:54:17 PM

This would correspond perfectly with Martin Armstrongs theroy of cycles..

Interesting...  Sep might just become an interesting month.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

This would correspond perfectly with Martin Armstrongs theory of cycles..

FTFY...
Though, I don't think we might see such a big spike to $560,000 as promised, or BTC should have at least reached $5k till now...

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

I think your prediction was off by a few dollars

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:34:36 PM

This would correspond perfectly with Martin Armstrongs theory of cycles..

FTFY...
Though, I don't think we might see such a big spike to $560,000 as promised, or BTC should have at least reached $5k till now...

Just seems like sep-nov is going to be a very interesting time.  You don't think it's rather amazing buddy called 2008 and 2011 peak and bottom....
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:35:54 PM

It is not nov 2015...

While I doubt we'll see such insane numbers one thing seems to be obvious Bitcoin can do some crazy shit.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:48:29 PM

It is not nov 2015...

While I doubt we'll see such insane numbers one thing seems to be obvious Bitcoin can do some crazy shit.

It certainly can.... and I hope it STILL can. The last few months of stability kinda sucked. The last 18 month crash was even worse. People are purposely keeping the price down, but I hope it's because they are going to let it rise exponentially again.... without chipping away profits every time the price recovers a tiny bit

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:11:06 PM

This would correspond perfectly with Martin Armstrongs theroy of cycles..

Interesting...  Sep might just become an interesting month.

I am not sure what [This] are you referring to? 560k target?
1. Armstrong's earlier graphs suggested a top at the end of september 2015 (but he thought it would be Dow 30-32K). later, he seemed to backtrack from the original prediction by extending the timeframe to 2016.
2. Nobody knows how bitcoin will behave when stock market declines. It might go up or collapse even more.
3. It seems that no financial analyst is able to predict both parameters: a timing of the turn and simultaneously a price.
Sometimes they get one right, but almost never both, so they and you can be right on timing, but wrong on price, making your investment strategy obsolete.

I am just an individual investor, but here is my personal example: I knew in 2007 (since about Feb-March due to HSBC subprime positions plunge) that markets would go down, but despite the subprime fiasco (Countrywide mortgages troubles, etc), indexes kept chugging upwards for another 7-8 mo and only started declining in mid October. The result-did not make any money by buying puts (was too early).
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:11:21 PM

500 to 1 million per BTC is a fact if it ends up going mainstream and replacing all banking infrastructures. It will take at least 1 to 2 decades tho. If it goes 500K in november I will probably die from a heart attack anyway.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:24:20 PM

I do think it's probably worth owning at a minimum $5K worth in BTC... you never know. I like a lotto ticket.
Kiss
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:07:23 PM

This is my favorite thread.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:12:32 PM

It's going to be amusing if we'll hit THE bottom in November or December around 70$.
He would then be wrong by almost 4 orders of magnitude. Grin

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:01:11 PM

It's going to be amusing if we'll hit THE bottom in November or December around 70$.

I have a feeling we'll hit $120 or so if we stay here. Possibly a dump coming soon.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:18:14 PM

I have a feeling we'll hit $120 or so if we stay here. Possibly a dump coming soon.

Then you shoud dump youre bag and buy them back at ~$120, what are you waiting for?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: