Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Emergency ANN] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 224549 times)
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:59:28 AM

Please - no more of this pointless chitchat! I don't want to hear ANYTHING about your relationships and who's to blame.

JUST GIVE OUR FUCKING MONEY BACK AND TELL US WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:00:20 AM

I dread the moment any of my servers get compromised some day, for the first time.

If the person is good you'll probably never even know he was (or is) there.  That is unless you (or yours) are very very good.

Sure, miracles do happen all the time.

-
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 09:03:55 AM

I'm Zhou cannot even keep his word for a matter of hours. Anyone who continues to take him for his word should really consider the situation.

...And you don't give me the permission to post the private chat. The private chat starts with a greeting and was never continued after the day. It's not partial log.

I do not need to give you permission!? You need consent from whomever you've singed non disclosure agreements with in 2012 or before obviously. The private chat is extensive and covers a ton of ground.

Thank you for your long list of 15 items.

3. I apologised and gave a self-criticism publicly (about my incompetency in security system).
- because continued misrepresentation would lead to what has happened today.

5. Bitcoinica Consultancy's compromised system (which was already in production before Bitcoinica's transition period) is the direct cause (i.e. if the transition didn't start the problem wouldn't have happened, and the transition didn't cause the initial compromise on the email server).
-Unrepresentative

7. I was prohibited from expressing anything that may damage Bitcoinica Consultancy's reputation (this is from your long post recently [1]).
-You agreed not to post anymore about us. The agreement came out of a conversation based on the fact that there were many cases of cherry picking and misrepresentations. Only hours later you broke your word and even now you continue to misrepresent.

9. I have not signed any NDA with any one in 2012.
- point?

12. I assume that I obtained the permission from the person who may grant you the transparency (I'm not sure) to post the apology.
-You are responsible for what you post.

13. I have been asked to co-author an apology in my name. (And my own one doesn't sound sincere enough. [2])
-After you had misrepresented the situation so many times and lied, you offer to make an apology was assumed to be simply as a means to be political. We wanted to avoid further problems and misrepresentations (as seen in that thread). We wanted to avoid what is happening right now and reach an agreement with a public statement to clarify the situation.

If full disclosure comes out all these details will all be addressed.

I don't have to respond to this already. Because you have no evidence at all.

Misrepresentations.

Yes, please release the full disclosure. I'm only permitted to list 15 statements now, and you're permitted to list 0 evidence. It must be unfair to you, I can feel.

I just want to ask this question:

Is Bitcoinica Consultancy a General Partner of Bitcoinica LP?

Your answer is either YES, NO, or NDA.

Legally, if yes, then you have the permission (or Amir or Patrick). If it's NO, I will truly respect your tough situation and you can leave Bitcoinica freely without any responsibilities (and you may want to).

This should be public information anyway.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Bitcoinica Consultancy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:06:06 AM

We sincerely hope that there is full disclosure. We think it is in the best interests of bitcoinica and its users. People will then be able to read the logs themselves instead of just hear an incredibly biased unrepresentative and even untruthful commentary.
arby
Donator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

keybase.io/arblarg

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:07:20 AM

Weren't you the one screaming like a bitch that they are not replying for 1 week?

Now that they reply you tell them to shut up?

Please - no more of this pointless chitchat! I don't want to hear ANYTHING about your relationships and who's to blame.

JUST GIVE OUR FUCKING MONEY BACK AND TELL US WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN!

Your previous post:

Ok, so which form exactly should I fill out to speed up their desire to communicate? The one in New Zealand? Or is this utterly useless? What other legal options are available apart from naming and shaming? If this is the last resort we should open some more threads called "Intersango & the Bitcoinica debacle", possibly in more visible forum sections, too. I fear there will be no funds returned because they may have no data on how many bitcoins they owe.  So, don't tell me the thread is off-track. This thread is just where it needs to be. I want my coins back, and pronto.

Time to start writing email messages and look for the Intersango forum informing customers about who they do business with. I'm fed up.

Jabber/XMPP: arby@darkness.su
Vladimir

-

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:08:20 AM

Please!

Guys can someone please pull public information from NZ companies house (even if it costs to get some by paying 10 dollars or so) and post it here.

-
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:09:37 AM

I believe that his computer is not hacked. Only the email server was compromised. Also, I have checked the claim verification email system (I set it up and I still have some access) and the entire chain is clean and secure.

So you agree that hacker having all those emails. If he would publish all those, and reveal information about ownership of bitcoinica, contracts and whatnot, it would more or less invalidate those NDAs and you all could tell the whole true story.

We have replaced all the compromised servers and Internet accounts (we re-registered new ones).

Your passports are in my private repository (AES-256 encrypted), and the previous API access key was revoked. I'm the only person with access to such information now. Patrick et al. can request for the repository once they need it, but currently they don't.
Great to hear that at least those document should be safe.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 09:12:34 AM

Please!

Guys can someone please pull public information from NZ companies house (even if it costs to get some by paying 10 dollars or so) and post it here.

Certification of Incorporation: http://www.societies.govt.nz/scanned-images/17/BC10060962017.pdf

Application for registration of a Limited Partnership: http://www.societies.govt.nz/scanned-images/06/BC10060962006.pdf

These are public documents (free).

The general partner listed is Core Credit Limited, and Bitcoinica Consultancy Limited is a reserved company name (it can be reserved for Core Credit or a new company).

Since the sole shareholder of Core Credit has nothing to do with Donald, Patrick and Amir, I believe that they have private agreement or there are ownership changes that are not submitted to the register.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:14:01 AM

I believe that his computer is not hacked. Only the email server was compromised. Also, I have checked the claim verification email system (I set it up and I still have some access) and the entire chain is clean and secure.

So you agree that hacker having all those emails. If he would publish all those, and reveal information about ownership of bitcoinica, contracts and whatnot, it would more or less invalidate those NDAs and you all could tell the whole true story.

We have replaced all the compromised servers and Internet accounts (we re-registered new ones).

Your passports are in my private repository (AES-256 encrypted), and the previous API access key was revoked. I'm the only person with access to such information now. Patrick et al. can request for the repository once they need it, but currently they don't.
Great to hear that at least those document should be safe.

if the hacker releases anything it does not automatically invalidate the nda, because nobody knows if the hacker wrote the mails himself.

a nda is a nda...

(but i am very interested in this mails; but if they are released you should read them with a big grain of salt)
 - i am not even sure if i am allowed to read them (german law is sometimes a little bit confusing.. a little "delete this mail if it is not for you" at the end of the mail is enough to forbid reading)
Bitcoinica Consultancy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:14:50 AM

You mean evidence that we can currently now share?

The fact that you lied was a public admission of yours.

Yes you do not have to answer and you can say "we have no evidence"

The issue is clear. We would like full disclosure. It will resolve all these issues. Are you willing to publicly state that you support full disclosure?
Vladimir

-

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:19:55 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 09:51:54 AM by Vladimir

Please!

Certification of Incorporation: http://www.societies.govt.nz/scanned-images/17/BC10060962017.pdf

Application for registration of a Limited Partnership: http://www.societies.govt.nz/scanned-images/06/BC10060962006.pdf

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3715077
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cheaslip

So general partner is Core Credit Limited, with accountant as probably nomini director. Very shady if so.

By law, details of limited partners are private.

Whatever questions you have Chris Heaslip is your guy, email or call and ask him.

So it is basically a limited partnership with a limited company as General Partner having it seems a sole nomini director AND a sole nomini shareholder. And who knows how many limited companies in how many jurisdictions are below that. These guys are well prepared for any (civil) legal assault and any civil case would be pointless.

-
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 09:20:32 AM

The issue is clear. We would like full disclosure. It will resolve all these issues. Are you willing to publicly state that you support full disclosure?

Yes, of course. As I said, I'm limited to list 15 statements. If there's full disclosure I can list more.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:20:57 AM

I'm Zhou cannot even keep his word for a matter of hours. Anyone who continues to take him for his word should really consider the situation.

...And you don't give me the permission to post the private chat. The private chat starts with a greeting and was never continued after the day. It's not partial log.

I do not need to give you permission!? You need consent from whomever you've singed non disclosure agreements with in 2012 or before obviously. The private chat is extensive and covers a ton of ground.

Thank you for your long list of 15 items.

3. I apologised and gave a self-criticism publicly (about my incompetency in security system).
- because continued misrepresentation would lead to what has happened today.

5. Bitcoinica Consultancy's compromised system (which was already in production before Bitcoinica's transition period) is the direct cause (i.e. if the transition didn't start the problem wouldn't have happened, and the transition didn't cause the initial compromise on the email server).
-Unrepresentative

7. I was prohibited from expressing anything that may damage Bitcoinica Consultancy's reputation (this is from your long post recently [1]).
-You agreed not to post anymore about us. The agreement came out of a conversation based on the fact that there were many cases of cherry picking and misrepresentations. Only hours later you broke your word and even now you continue to misrepresent.

9. I have not signed any NDA with any one in 2012.
- point?

12. I assume that I obtained the permission from the person who may grant you the transparency (I'm not sure) to post the apology.
-You are responsible for what you post.

13. I have been asked to co-author an apology in my name. (And my own one doesn't sound sincere enough. [2])
-After you had misrepresented the situation so many times and lied, you offer to make an apology was assumed to be simply as a means to be political. We wanted to avoid further problems and misrepresentations (as seen in that thread). We wanted to avoid what is happening right now and reach an agreement with a public statement to clarify the situation.

If full disclosure comes out all these details will all be addressed.

For god's sake just stop and let somebody else be the public spokesperson for your group.  Your public pissing match with zhoutong and your ridiculously inadequate "statement" are hardly the hallmarks of a professional and they are certainly not confidence inspiring.

And y'all might want to look into just how unenforceable the vast majority of non-disclosure agreements are before you start hiding behind them as a justification for failing to reveal important information to stakeholders.

Seriously, this is not the way to do crisis management and damage control.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:21:23 AM

if the hacker releases anything it does not automatically invalidate the nda, because nobody knows if the hacker wrote the mails himself.

a nda is a nda...

while legally right, it would be hard to execute, if you just publish then public knowledge.

(but i am very interested in this mails; but if they are released you should read them with a big grain of salt)
 - i am not even sure if i am allowed to read them (german law is sometimes a little bit confusing.. a little "delete this mail if it is not for you" at the end of the mail is enough to forbid reading)
Someone could remove that last line and forward it to you, and soon you are allowed to read it.
But frankly, an email is a digital postcard, everyone on the whole delivery chain can read it.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:25:42 AM

And y'all might want to look into just how unenforceable the vast majority of non-disclosure agreements are before you start hiding behind them a justification for failing to reveal important information to stakeholders.

Seriously -- nut up or shut up.  Not like you're going to be jailed or anything, and I'm sure you all have WAY more money you can afford to lose than most of Bitcoinica's customers...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 09:29:58 AM

All the things I have listed do not require NDA on my part. (I have never signed any NDA this year.)

I was very careful and I re-read every single agreement I have signed about Bitcoinica before posting the previous post.

If you're unable to provide evidence to rebut any single statement (other than claims of "misrepresentations" without any justifications), it's unfair for you, definitely.

Again,

if you're GP, you're automatically granted the right to say anything you wish;
if you're not the GP, you're automatically granted the right to leave Bitcoinica as you wish (and you said you wanted to).

If you think the whole issue is troubling you, here's my offer:

I'll resolve the whole thing for Bitcoinica, for free. As long as Donald, Amir and Patrick are no longer involved in the dispute resolution. You're free to re-develop the site and re-launch if you wish. I just want my customers to get their money back (if your user ID is less than 4500, I'll definitely make sure you get your money back). And the dispute resolution team is not working in a way that matches my standards. This has caused severe reputation damage to me personally.

You can do whatever you want afterwards, and you get all the future proceeds. I'll resolve everything for Bitcoinica LP in a professional way. If you can't make decisions, forward this offer to your decision-maker.

EDIT:

I provide this offer because I'm suffering from reputation damage, and there's definitely no benefit in arguing with you. I'm arguing because I can't do anything to make the situation better, so I should teach you how to do PR and damage control.

Vladimir

-

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:33:22 AM

Coup d'état

P.S. Bitcoin should be at 50$ on entertainment value alone.

-
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:36:53 AM

And the dispute resolution team is not working in a way that matches my standards. This has caused severe reputation damage to me personally.

You can do whatever you want afterwards, and you get all the future proceeds. I'll resolve everything for Bitcoinica LP in a professional way. If you can't make decisions, forward this offer to your decision-maker.

EDIT:

I provide this offer because I'm suffering from reputation damage, and there's definitely no benefit in arguing with you. I'm arguing because I can't do anything to make the situation better, so I should teach you how to do PR and damage control.

+1

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 09:39:04 AM

And the dispute resolution team is not working in a way that matches my standards. This has caused severe reputation damage to me personally.

EDIT:

+1

+1 i've put myself in your shoes... not very pleasant

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:39:14 AM

I just want my customers to get their money back (if your user ID is less than 4500, I'll definitely make sure you get your money back).

love to here that.
how do i determine my user id?
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: