Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:02:20 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 09:43:15 AM by Roopatra

The Siberian Flying Squirrel Pelts have sold moderately, but we still have stock left.
At some point today PublicWorks is looking to liquidate the skins, to collect money for town projects and improving infrastructure: building roads and parks.
Get your bids in to catch the pelts! https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/SFS

A fur jacket really keeps you warm in the cold winter, is durable, and may even prevent sickness that threatens old characters. Making a full length fur coat requires 200 pelts. Also, if you can afford to look good, why have just one? Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 08:15:11 AM

He explained the terms to be 75% of the value of the produce, and a garrison (no mobile force) needed for local protection. Five year contract. Half of the fee must be paid by the end of year 1625, the other half in the end of term. All current holders were qualified to continue, and if they take the contract, Cooper and Erin (L4) - who were present in the Throne Room party - would be promoted Baron(esse)s, being the youngest characters in that level ever.

I'm interested in continuing with the Pada manor - assuming I can afford the fee.

It's not clear whether the 75% go to the King, or to the holder. I have my own guess though Wink

Assuming 75% to the King, if we go by the King's own estimate of 25mil yearly profit, 75% of this for five years goes to 94mil, so I'd need to pay 47mil upfront, which I may be able to do, if all remaining produce sells at high price, and shedding as much of the guards I acquired over the last two weeks as possible. If this doesn't happen, I'm unfortunately unable to continue. I will not know until year end, though.

It's also not clear either whether the 75% include the costs already said to be paid upfront in the original post. There was no indication of amounts there, just that it was "already paid in kind".

With the current security force of Essu (10.6m yearly), it would be impossible to continue a profitable business if 75% of projected sales were to go to HM. If the 75% is  to the lease holder, then by all means I will continue on as lord of Essu--otherwise I will have to liquidate my security forces to continue on as lord.

Quick Overview:

If prices reach the intended 1000m VEG and 5000m for MEAT, then we can assume a yearly income of 18-19M in VEG and 15M in MEAT based on current output, which gives a lease of ~8.5M (25%) or ~25.5M (75%) to HM--the 75% number subtracted from a ~34M total allows for a security force in the 4-5M range (max) if units are to be replaced and famines accounted for (though how does one accurately account for a famine?).

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:17:09 AM

King is aggressively looking to buy the furs in all prices between 30k-100k. The original estimate of 1 IC/SFS seems a bit high but at these lower prices the pelts compare really nicely with blue suits (same price, warmer, last longer). If we seek to befriend the Rossiyans where all Boyars dress in fur coats, we need to allow it to our own as well.

Sickness hits in 1626 - "The taxman, they just don't wait for your schedule"

The d20 has selected Princess Roopatra, Zenon the Magus and Wizard Superresistant to be the first victims.

It is announced beforehand for 1626, because it is connected to the normal consumes.

2,000 health point challenge, and you have 40 instance quota to alleviate it (total).

To generate 50 health points per item consumed, you need to think carefully. Variety bonus is in use, frequency bonus is not. You can double-count these items to the normal health challenge as well. Just consume what you would, and list separately in GoogleDB/Sickness, which and how many of the items consumed, you would like to have counted towards the Sickness challenge.

It is intended that sickness leaves you with a health hit, but it is possible to reduce it to None. Normal item:healthiness values are used in this challenge. They are secret of course, but with experience you know already the rough direction.

Let it be notified that 6 characters, HH The Mayor, HSH The Duke of OZ and Sir Pablo among them, escaped the Sickness roll completely because their VOH consumption during the last auspicious full moon had reduced their physical age below the threshold of 200 years.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:30:39 AM

With the current security force of Essu (10.6m yearly), it would be impossible to continue a profitable business if 75% of projected sales were to go to HM. If the 75% is  to the lease holder, then by all means I will continue on as lord of Essu--otherwise I will have to liquidate my security forces to continue on as lord.

Quick Overview:

If prices reach the intended 1000m VEG and 5000m for MEAT, then we can assume a yearly income of 18-19M in VEG and 15M in MEAT based on current output, which gives a lease of ~8.5M (25%) or ~25.5M (75%) to HM--the 75% number subtracted from a ~34M total allows for a security force in the 4-5M range (max) if units are to be replaced and famines accounted for (though how does one accurately account for a famine?).

1. Yes 75% would go to King, according to the calculation with nominal values.

2. The intention is to use 1,000 for VEG and 5,000 for MEAT in the calculation only. You know that these are far from the actual values - the midprice of VEG has surely been in the 1,500 range instead and MEAT correspondingly. Future prices we cannot know and King has no lever to them (except "extra winter meat" which is scripted to come to market only if the ask > 6,000 (to Farmers). The VEG cannot be transported in the winter because it is freezing, and in the spring the VEG is already about to spoil.

3. The "superveg" is also a bonus to the leaseholder.

4. Famine years are a jackpot to the producers. Even a 25% reduction in production of VEG will certainly mean at least double price, so...

5. I am ok if someone does not want to continue; the greatest benefit of manors now is to gain a foothold for permanent contract, even ownership. At 3% IRR (what buildings usually give), Essu Manor's discounted future production is worth more than 1 billion. But players have different playstyle and each has their own priorities. I saw Roopatra yesterday, and it was funny to realize that we both had been sure that Erin is played by the other one (which was not the case and the real controller is not known). Not only that, there are rumors that me and Roopatra are the same person (that would be quite a double life though..), and probably some still believe that Soul, Heimo, SS and HS-S are fictitious. Well they are real guys, HS-S is already in the 3rd incarnation due to probably challenges with health, need to ask Smiley Soul I meet weekly and he knows Roopatra and HS-S. I have met Syksy IRL as well, he is also not me.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 08:44:41 AM

Quick Overview:

1. Yes 75% would go to King, according to the calculation with nominal values.

2. The intention is to use 1,000 for VEG and 5,000 for MEAT in the calculation only. You know that these are far from the actual values - the midprice of VEG has surely been in the 1,500 range instead and MEAT correspondingly. Future prices we cannot know and King has no lever to them (except "extra winter meat" which is scripted to come to market only if the ask > 6,000 (to Farmers). The VEG cannot be transported in the winter because it is freezing, and in the spring the VEG is already about to spoil.

3. The "superveg" is also a bonus to the leaseholder.

4. Famine years are a jackpot to the producers. Even a 25% reduction in production of VEG will certainly mean at least double price, so...

5. I am ok if someone does not want to continue; the greatest benefit of manors now is to gain a foothold for permanent contract, even ownership. At 3% IRR (what buildings usually give), Essu Manor's discounted future production is worth more than 1 billion. But players have different playstyle and each has their own priorities. I saw Roopatra yesterday, and it was funny to realize that we both had been sure that Erin is played by the other one (which was not the case and the real controller is not known). Not only that, there are rumors that me and Roopatra are the same person (that would be quite a double life though..), and probably some still believe that Soul, Heimo, SS and HS-S are fictitious. Well they are real guys, HS-S is already in the 3rd incarnation due to probably challenges with health, need to ask Smiley Soul I meet weekly and he knows Roopatra and HS-S. I have met Syksy IRL as well, he is also not me.

What is the requirement for security? That's the variable that determines if this is healthy or not  Wink

Heikkiss

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:27:33 AM

Since the integrity and truthfulness of The Most Ancient King has been put into question I, as a humble servant of His Majesty, decided to deviate from my policy of keeping as low profile as possible. I can assure everyone that I really exist not only in Cryptokingom but also outside it. Because of sudden sickness of a colleaque I was so busy at work that HS-S and HS-S2 died of neglect. May they rest in peace.
Sincerely yours HS-S3
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:01:07 AM

If any of the Manor Lords are considering to not continue their lease due to uncertainties in the market, heavy taxation and looming threat of war; I here express my interest in taking up a Manor lease. I can also pay fair price for the previous guards, if they would otherwise be dismissed of their duties.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:44:41 AM

The Ming items are not available for IC conversion anymore.
See the current list of items at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg13767127#msg13767127

To HS-S3 in particular: I mistakenly converted two min-1 a few days ago as I did not remember this was now unavailable. I can't convert more of them as per your latest IC consumes, though. Since those 10 IC can't be restored, please let me know what other items you want from the list above instead. They can also be treated as advance payment for a future conversion if you want nothing in the list. Best way to pick your choice of item is to send me (char 88) 1 monerito with a note, so I'm sure this comes from the same character in game.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:20:49 PM

Noble Promotions in the Quasquibicentenary Jubilee of Crypto Kingdom and His Majesty's Reign

Promotions to Earl (L14) and creations of Counties

HH The Duke of North Face, TA Viscount of Forte Spagnolo, 2nd/I Bt of CK, Mayor, etc(x2) is created Earl of Ironlock. The County of Ironlock is situated between New Liberty, Ramsey, Polonian domains, and Free City of Danzig. (There is still no information how the Duke's troops are faring there  Undecided )

The Duke of North Face accepts this gracious grant of the Earldom of Ironlock and will work to immeditely secure the area.  Additional support and PRE forces will be dispatched to the area to allow for better exploration and information gathering.  This area is viewed as very import as is sits between the New Liberty and Ramsey counties and is very close to Polonian domains.

Manors in the Old Duchy

HM The King, HRH The Prince Royal and HH The Duke of New Liberty disclaim Lordship of Aaspere, so the next in line for the premier Manor in the Duchy (and the Kingdom) are:
HH of North Face
HSH The Duke of OZ
HH Duke Saddam of Ramsey, in this order.

The Duke of North Face accepts the position for the Aaspere Manor.  Protection forces are already in place and will make sure the area is secured and production continues without any interruptions.

Red Erin

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:48:25 PM

Due to pressing money need, there are now very cheap PTE guards on the market. 2.5mil, half a mil cheaper than the lowest the Labor account. Get yours now, lest you fall prey to Rossiyan thugs Tongue

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:41:56 PM

Lord Angus wishes to renew his tenancy. Awaits instructions from the HM the King's officials as to the value of the first installment.
Red Erin

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:22:19 PM

PTE offers down to 2.2mil. Cheapest PTE ever Smiley
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:52:44 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 03:47:05 AM by noms

Sneak preview of the look of diamond quest Cheesy

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:43:36 AM

CKG and CON dividends have been paid.

NPC "retire and promote" round has just happened, so go and check the damage (and advances! Smiley ) I don't know if this one gives grounds to believe the RNG is faulty Wink Nor whether my only colonel died...

Double benefits were also given. Next in line today:

- "Land and lots all scripts" for double-year 1624-25
- Counties and PRE, everything related
- Christmas slaughter
- Checking the NPC situation and Setting up new hires.

Please see that RWWC has built many cannons, at firesale prices between 22-30 mil. Whoever thinks the war is over, is probably wrong.

Red Erin

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:46:17 AM

I won't have the money to pay the King's upfront 5 year fee, so I have to bow out.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:13:35 AM

I won't have the money to pay the King's upfront 5 year fee, so I have to bow out.

it is 2.5 years upfront, and the rest at the close of the period.

One installment (with another of the same amount coming in 1629) is:

Aaspere: 75 mil (HH The Mayor)
Essu: 68.5 mil (Sir Crichton, the Margrave of Plath)
Haljala: 61.5 mil (Lord Angus)
Kunda: 55 mil (Jungherr Cooper, Bt.)
Pada: 48 mil (vacant?)

The calculation is at the nominal amount of produce (if less, typically much better price), VEG at 1200 and MEAT at 5000, superveg a bonus and 25% discount.

Please pay to the OldDuchy account!

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:19:13 AM

Hi, I gave 201 CR1625E to Smelter for a "1000" bar, but have not received anything back yet. Did I not include enough CKG?

Code:
109697	Give	cr1625e	06.02.16	201	saddam (7)	Smelter (255)

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:47:26 AM

Hi, I gave 201 CR1625E to Smelter for a "1000" bar, but have not received anything back yet. Did I not include enough CKG?

Code:
109697	Give	cr1625e	06.02.16	201	saddam (7)	Smelter (255)

Yes technically not, but the difference is so small I'll give it to you Smiley

(I was left in limbo thinking why you'd specify "1000" and get only 997 CKG worth of items but it's fine this way - I saved the remodeling charge by swapping your coins to Jacket who wanted them, and his B100 bars to King who wanted them, and giving the King's B1000 bar to you!  Cheesy )

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:28:45 AM

CKG ETF first dividend

The CKG ETF paid out its first pass-through dividend, which ended up being 19 M per share (1900 M per CKG-equivalent). This left a small surplus <1 M per share, held and added to the next dividend.

As a reminder we offer deposits of any gold item in exchange for shares with no fee and redeems of shares for any gold item in inventory for a fee of 1% (max 10 CKG).

Current inventory here: https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/251

We will be announcing two additional investment products shortly. Stay tuned.
McHaggis

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 12:47:59 PM

We have an admin command that can transfer all your items to the new user. Please allow a short while to fix the command, it is currently not 100% working correctly.

The mini game should play only once, but do you think the multiple times is a good idea? Either until the lot changes (up to 5 min) or a certain number of tries (such as 10). The payouts are raffled from the items of a certain pool account, so it is easy to adjust the quantity of "m" in the account.

Smashing, I will wait until the command is fixed rather than trying to move the 92 items James had separately.

I think the perceived reward should be equivalent to the amount of effort put in, so I think about 5 spins sounds like a decent amount. But it would depend on how many people are using it per day and what the average reward is.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: