Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 07:06:35 AM by Syksy

Could this game eventually have an Android app for easy mobile play?

The game runs on any browser and it's not very heavy, so I think it's just best to access the game with your native mobile browser. I don't think it requires an additional app just yet, since they're intensively developing the browser-version. At least on my tablet the game runs fine, I haven't tried on my Android phone though.

The address is: http://www.cryptokingdom.me/
although there's currently a maintenance break going on, so you won't be able to register or act in-game right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:48:41 AM

Could this game eventually have an Android app for easy mobile play?

The game runs on any browser and it's not very heavy, so I think it's just best to access the game with your native mobile browser. I don't think it requires an additional app just yet, since they're intensively developing the browser-version. At least on my tablet the game runs fine, I haven't tried on my Android phone though.

The address is: http://www.cryptokingdom.me/
although there's currently a maintenance break going on, so you won't be able to register or act in-game right now.

at the moment, the only thing I couldn't do with my android device was access the CLI for buying/selling items in the marketplace. While that may not seem that important, that was the only reason I had logged in on it-to cancel a bid. I'm sure once that css bug is fixed, it will be more than usable.

Monero.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:13:30 AM

The game is now paused to rewrite the DB logic. Once it is done (we had some delays), all items are created, transferred and consumed via a master changelog, and there is no place to record the item balances as a variable. This makes the system an order of magnitude more robust to withstand both hacks, and buggy commands and API methods, which we intend to produce in great quantities in the days ahead. (Not that we seek for them to be buggy, but they are, when produced in this method Wink )

What to do with Buildings has been a dilemma of the design side for a long time now, and the latest idea is in the design thread. It seems probable that the utilized datatype of the buildings will be merged back to the Lots. This feels very ill after remembering the hundreds of hours of effort with the Buildings DB and the visualizations, but I am ready to listen to a better idea  Huh

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:12:49 PM

This feels very ill after remembering the hundreds of hours of effort with the Buildings DB and the visualizations, but I am ready to listen to a better idea  Huh

Why not a special coin/medal or a free lot or some free wine for every sqm of historical building you own? Simple and no need to add or change the parameters.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:12:21 PM

This feels very ill after remembering the hundreds of hours of effort with the Buildings DB and the visualizations, but I am ready to listen to a better idea  Huh

Why not a special coin/medal or a free lot or some free wine for every sqm of historical building you own? Simple and no need to add or change the parameters.

We need to work with the dev constraints. The changes to the building module are core, so cannot be externalized. Every script to add complexity delays the other features.

One-time bonuses to historical building owners can certainly be done, albeit those guys already enjoy a lot of privileges so not sure whether the bonus needs to be that big in value.

I am currently thinking of the build-year based increase in CUL yield of the building, perhaps +25% per 50 years, incentivizing the use of very old buildings for culture (residences or cultural institutions). Similarly, buildings in B.3 would get a bonus when allocated to SCIence, and buildings in certain areas would get a commercial boost.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:33:04 PM

Town Council Meeting - memo

1. Database logic overhaul is in the final stage. It enables faster and much more reliable action, and increases security and transparency so that admin powers can be given to multiple people. This is important when we move to the growth phase.

The play will resume in about 2-3 days. It will still require me to finish the transactions that were left in limbo in the previous attempt at year change. There will be the finishing of that first, and soon after another double year.

2. We discussed about game organization and decided:
- I (as GM) will make the admin guide and select admins.
- We are seeking a marketing professional among the players to be a coordinator.

3. Town is issuing 760*CON via an auction to finance development. This is the last dev milestone this year. The auction starts when the game is playable again. The auction will be held in this thread with exact terms published then. There will be a minimum of 50*CON. (it is available to be purchased in the aftermarket as well)

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:32:43 PM

Game Development Update

Town Council Meeting - memo

1. Database logic overhaul is in the final stage. It enables faster and much more reliable action, and increases security and transparency so that admin powers can be given to multiple people. This is important when we move to the growth phase.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144860.msg12894967#msg12894967
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:54:14 PM

Hi all,

Not too much news from me, since we had decided that the finalising of the migration to the new items balances bookkeeping system is the job of the other guys in the Council... and it is done soon but not right yet (afaik..)

Sorry about that - but I am also not spending my time in vain, instead plotting some truly high level stuff in a multi-discipline environment:

Click me to view some serious sht

As a result of the summit, naturally held in the Royal Palace of Malla, the following things may transpire in the coming months and years:

- EU will accept blockchain records as officially timestamped documents
- BITNATION gets a kickstart funding round partly powered by CK
- CK marketing will be greatly boosted by new ideas and people
- Malla will (finally) become a perpetual hackathon venue.

kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:17:02 PM

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:24:41 PM

Update - functionality is resumed in the nearest hours

Another 2.5-week ordeal of game in pause is soon behind us. The needed changes have been implemented (requiring the rewrite of just about everything in the process, resulting in a much more resilient construction). Now what happens is that:

- I close down my "other business" that I've been doing during the pause including the amazing cooperation opportunities between CK and Bitnation.
- Conclude the year change ->1610 that was in the process when the repair was ordered.
- Open the commands to be used by everybody for all purposes.
- Change the year to ->1613 (  Tongue time flies.. )

Then the functional improvements will come in about the same order as announced before.

I swear there will never again be a pause in the game this long - it is a sign of utter unprofessionalism, not something I fancy to be part of.

Thank you for your patience.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 05:52:37 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 03:08:01 PM by rpietila

Year Change 1610 - Update

This is the "incomplete year change" due to being the first one in Ultima platform, and we must not only learn how to do it, but also many of the methods currently available are so clumsy that they will be created, and if this does not happen in time, the item is either cancelled and does not happen, or postponed, so that its effect is double-calculated later.

^^ Which happened big time and we spent 3 weeks to make a kickass functional database, and succeeded! The year change power command, DIVIDEND is now working! Thank you all!!

Blue text indicates the parts done. Red indicates not yet done.

CON

All issues and dividends and consolidations are completed.

Food freebies

Completed. 1800*FOIE distributed.

Generation of new wine and silver from IC

This will happen as planned, with new items credited and IC deducted from your balance automatically.

Generation of stone

1609-10 will have 2 teams by NewReconstructionCorp, and both close operations subsequently. Stone not recorded.

Carriages

Phaeton has laid off 50% of workforce, which has cut the production capacity in half (facility is still fully needed for the purpose though). New carriages can be self-converted by their CEO after a short introduction from me concerning how it is done.

Suits

Production is ceased.

Royal Mint

CR1609A, CR1610A, CS1608E, CS1609E and CS1610E are in the market.

CKG and building pool dividends

These will not be dealt. The money accrues to the earmarked accounts so this does not constitute any harm except delayed cashflow.

Salary

We distributed free money to L3-L7 characters in double (1.4-5.6 mil).

Land tax, extra tax

We still need to figure out the way to calculate them. No taxes are paid from years 1608 onwards, but they accrue as tax liability, which will be collected as soon as possible.

Lots listing for sale

The ask prices from googlesheet have been converted to Ultima SELL commands (in google tab /sellLot) but everyone must execute their own, admin cannot place orders for others.

Resumption of play

Commands are available to use, including a very powerful DIVIDEND command (DIVIDEND recipient_item_id dividend_item_id quantity, eg. DIVIDEND CON M 200000, giving 200000 units of M from active_character per each CON owned by anyone).

So play is resumed.

Year Change 1613

Year change 1613 will happen in quick order - since the game was effectively paused, mainly the calendar-time dependent things (minting coins, taxes, CON payments) will happen. This will be completed possibly in ~2 days and will be expounded here soon.

Royal Mint

As previously, we made a smallish quantity of CR161xA coins to keep the series intact from 1601 (in awaiting of the EXP->gold). These will be sold to the market, which will take care of the further distribution.

A handful of CS161xE coins are minted.

After a long pause in CRxxxxE minting, one roll of CR1612E is made.

Wine

The conditions have been difficult and seems that 1610 vintage was lost. Also there is not yet any white wine produced to speak of. W1611 and W1612 exist and may soon be converted out of IC if desired.

CON auction

Since 3,000 CON is such a nice round figure, the Town will issue 760*CON with proceeds used as partial payment of the October dev milestone.

The auction will last 48 hours and is conducted here. CON midprice as we speak is 12.6 mil. This auction has 11.5 mil minimum price and 50 units minimum bid size. CON is available to be traded both ways in the game during the auction.

Future modules

New Player Registration, Gold generation, EXP, tutorial

API

Health Challenge

Buildings

All of the above are very close, they have been in development for some time already but there has always been a fire to put out. Expect to quickly see progress in this field!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:32:34 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 03:32:15 PM by rpietila

Hi, I see a certain dormancy has developed during the pause. I also don't like the pause.

Hope you like GIN. Cause that will be given by cartloads to all the players who log in to the game in the nearest 6 hours, or maybe even a longer period if the newworlders feel their timezone is mistreated..

For the slow, GIN will be available as long as stocks last, at an affordable price of 200,000 m. Don't miss your chance to stock up on the indestructible delicious healthy collectible, first-gin-in-the-game: GIN !

ADD: And let's throw in a bonus case of GIN for the first few thread posters with inspirational content as well. Or two if they also buy CONsols.

CONsols auction is here, I will bid as follows (amount includes the whole wm empire):

160 @ 13.0
200 @ 12.5
200 @ 12.0
200 @ 11.5

When in the coming years people marvel the wealth of the Royal House, especially the gold and the consols, and ask: 'How did the King get so much gold?', the answer is: 'It was premined to him for starting the game and getting it developed.' Then they ask: 'And the consols?', for which the answer is: 'He bought them, meticulously, every time they were available, with his own money, over all the years, no matter if the others were interested or not.'

bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:26:11 PM

Hi, I see a certain dormancy has developed during the pause. I also don't like the pause.

Hope you like GIN. Cause that will be given by cartloads to all the players who log in to the game in the nearest 6 hours, or maybe even a longer period if the newworlders feel their timezone is mistreated..

For the slow, GIN will be available as long as stocks last, at an affordable price of 200,000 m. Don't miss your chance to stock up on the indestructible delicious healthy collectible, first-gin-in-the-game: GIN !

I can't find GIN in the Agora Market.

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:09:07 PM

Unicorn Corp bids for CON:

82 @ 12.1 mil
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 04:19:12 PM

Inspirational content! Where's American Pegasus when you need him?

Crichton bids 50 @ 12

djjacket

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:41:28 PM

Welcome back from your travels from afar! 

Also be on the lookout for a Jacket Clothing Sale!  Place your BUY bids now for my Clothing Inventory and be on the lookout for great ASK deals in the Market Place for current inventory!

Consol Auction Bids

Duke of North Face - 50 @ 12.5
HE The Prince of Forte Spagnolo - 100 @ 12.5
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:52:09 PM

For weeks, Mooo had been puzzling over a simple task. Lord saddam had bought some of Mooo's wine, but for some reason, the bottles had not been delivered yet. Perplexed, Mooo looked at the cases of wine, ready to be shipped. They stayed there, unmoving, oblivious of their need to be located in saddam's wine cellars, and obstinatingly still being here. No matter how many times Mooo decided that the bottles should now be in saddam's possession, somehow, an apparently easy task, the bottles never happened to be there. Puzzling. It was as if something were missing, an eerie break in the world's continuity.

As he had done a few times before, Mooo decided to ship the bottles once more. And this time, breaking the spell, Mooo loaded them on his carriage, drove to saddam's townhouse, and delivered the bottles. Never before had a wine delivery felt so liberating.

djjacket

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:11:53 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 05:46:05 PM by djjacket

North Face Tailors Ultima Sale!

The North Face Tailors are welcoming all to the Ultima era with a clothing sale!!!!

We will be periodically checking on bids for in stock suits (WOS category) and may accept!!!   We may even place some nice asks for a few items - - see if you can find them.

Place your bids now and check back often for nicely placed asks!!!  You might just get a nicely priced suit Wink

Good News Rumors!
The hard working tailors have recently hinted that they have made a nice break through during their time-off to reduce the cost of future standard suits.  The new cost structure will be announce once they inform me on the specifics!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:08:29 PM

As he had done a few times before, Mooo decided to ship the bottles once more. And this time, breaking the spell, Mooo loaded them on his carriage, drove to saddam's townhouse, and delivered the bottles. Never before had a wine delivery felt so liberating.

The game is on again.

Technically it was never off. You could log in all the time, it was just that all the commands were disabled except for admins.

They did not even work that badly. The problem was that no authoritative way of monitoring the actual changes of the commands was possible. UI and logs were composed of scripts that might or might not display the true state of the system.

And that was of course fully permissible for a game, but not for a game that intends to be more reliable than the existing financial institutions.

So the changelog was implemented, and will be public for everyone, in the main menu. The point is that if you do something, you see exactly the master change that it has caused. All other UI changes should of course be correct, but may not be for a reason or another. As long as the command is rightly recorded in the changelog, it is part of the state of the world. If not, it is not. And transparency for all.

Existing items balances were simply transferred to changelog entries.

If there are any issues with commands or user interface, do the following:

- Always check from the changelog whether the issue is with the command or the UI (no entry in changelog, or wrong entry => problem with command;  right entry in changelog but no effect or wrong effect in UI => problem with a UI script).

- Report the issue. It will be fixed and typically soon. There are many such things fixed already today. They are tedious but not critical.

Changelog is the master data. UI is the representation of the data / frontend for changing it. We will never have several changelogs, any more than Monero have several blockchains. We will soon have many UI, as Monero also has many wallets (GUI and cli).

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:53:44 PM

The game is on again.

Technically it was never off. You could log in all the time, it was just that all the commands were disabled except for admins.

They did not even work that badly. The problem was that no authoritative way of monitoring the actual changes of the commands was possible. UI and logs were composed of scripts that might or might not display the true state of the system.

And that was of course fully permissible for a game, but not for a game that intends to be more reliable than the existing financial institutions.

So the changelog was implemented, and will be public for everyone, in the main menu. The point is that if you do something, you see exactly the master change that it has caused. All other UI changes should of course be correct, but may not be for a reason or another. As long as the command is rightly recorded in the changelog, it is part of the state of the world. If not, it is not. And transparency for all.

Existing items balances were simply transferred to changelog entries.

If there are any issues with commands or user interface, do the following:

- Always check from the changelog whether the issue is with the command or the UI (no entry in changelog, or wrong entry => problem with command;  right entry in changelog but no effect or wrong effect in UI => problem with a UI script).

- Report the issue. It will be fixed and typically soon. There are many such things fixed already today. They are tedious but not critical.

Changelog is the master data. UI is the representation of the data / frontend for changing it. We will never have several changelogs, any more than Monero have several blockchains. We will soon have many UI, as Monero also has many wallets (GUI and cli).

We could stick the hash_of(all the daily activity) in the Bitcoin blockchain, daily. We can do that without bloating the UTWO set and virtually for free (~0.06€/day currently). PM me if interested in details, I have my own way to timestamp stuff that is pretty simple and elegant but surprinsigly is never mentioned anywhere. Will be happy to collaborate also on technical level.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: