Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:45:45 AM

A kind reminder to all, this Saturday (5th of November) will be the closing of the Coin Competition of 1650!
(Exact time is to be 3pm UTC)

Should you wish to fine-tune your collection or play around still with the formulae, the competition sheet with automated scoring continues to be open at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=1676681405

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 05:09:22 AM

~10 hours: last week we left off at weekly games/quests

JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 08:56:14 PM

What is going to happen with my land and house now ? It still says it will pay out 0m /year. Before it said 29k or something now its 0. So now what is going to be done about this ?
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 09:13:40 PM

What is going to happen with my land and house now ? It still says it will pay out 0m /year. Before it said 29k or something now its 0. So now what is going to be done about this ?

This is going to get fixed in the database. You have nothing to do now. It is a bug, apparently caused by the pause, which is apparently only halfway in effect. Sorry about that.

Once this is fixed, the game will still be in pause until further notice, so no tax and no income until time starts again. Once it does start, payouts will be recalculated (they were forced to the Office pool recently by the GM).

Again, sorry about the state of it all, and the hassle in getting it fixed. It should be at most a day, from what I've heard.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 01:21:13 AM

This is going to get fixed in the database. You have nothing to do now. It is a bug, apparently caused by the pause, which is apparently only halfway in effect. Sorry about that.

Once this is fixed, the game will still be in pause until further notice, so no tax and no income until time starts again. Once it does start, payouts will be recalculated (they were forced to the Office pool recently by the GM).

Again, sorry about the state of it all, and the hassle in getting it fixed. It should be at most a day, from what I've heard.

The Wizzard (developer) PJ is looking into this matter, but there is no word on how long it will take, so a day may or may not be a fair assessment, but if it's not restored by the magic of the DB by the start of the Coin Contest, the King will grant Zarth a house in Borough One.

A man's house is his Kingdom and should never be subject to the fickleness of powers outside of his control, and if the unforeseeable happens, he should get comfort and support from his neighbors and the state--hopefully none of us have forgotten how vulnerable one can feel when they first arrive in the Kingdom, and how the loss of a house is much a loss of your property as it is your hopes and dreams for the future.

Also, since the man is living in the streets at the moment, Zarth will stay with me at the Palace until his house is repaired and be given a fine suit on his departure--please pick from these: https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/1/WOS (the purple and blue being off limits as per the rules on suit colors and level).  

hmc_

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 10:41:38 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 11:21:05 AM by Syksy

Dear fellow coin collectors!

As per request of multiple participants, I have gathered a temporary coinsheet with 3 days in competition remaining (today Nov 3rd, contest will end on Nov 5th 3pm UTC).
The following scoring was obtained by first automatically gathering full item listing in CK approx Nov 3rd at 9 AM UTC, and then entering them to the current contest entry. These are fully open to all:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=1676681405

Some important notes:
- I am not participating due to the Conflict of Interest, thus I am highlighted in red
- EDIT: In the following post after this, GM Zechariah has outlined who are eligible for the contest (basicly all, but read the following). Notice that there are fine-tuning to the IDs - the eldest member of the family/FOC/etc will be the representative ID. For example, a player turned to a FOC with a much higher ID will be utilizing the original player character ID.
- This post contains information that would've been publicly available to any contestant at any point, but since nobody else realistically can bother to program scripts to recover item ownership from the API, I'll feed the curious.

- These are NOT the final results.
- These results contain multiple non-eligible participants, who will not be part of the final top list (e.g. me).
- Notice that GM Zechariah has announced that the prizes within each category will be spread among the multiple top performers.

I'm sure you'll find some interesting entries here.

Ladies and gentlemen, the culmination of the Coin Contest is here - 3 days to go with the current status below!

Gold Cornerer

Gold Historian

Gold Hoarder

Silver Cornerer

Silver Historian

Silver Hoarder

Copper Cornerer

Copper Historian

Copper Hoarder

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 04:22:45 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2016, 01:07:34 AM by generalizethis

The Wizzard (developer) PJ is looking into this matter, but there is no word on how long it will take, so a day may or may not be a fair assessment, but if it's not restored by the magic of the DB by the start of the Coin Contest, the King will grant Zarth a house in Borough One.

A man's house is his Kingdom and should never be subject to the fickleness of powers outside of his control, and if the unforeseeable happens, he should get comfort and support from his neighbors and the state--hopefully none of us have forgotten how vulnerable one can feel when they first arrive in the Kingdom, and how the loss of a house is much a loss of your property as it is your hopes and dreams for the future.

Also, since the man is living in the streets at the moment, Zarth will stay with me at the Palace until his house is repaired and be given a fine suit on his departure--please pick from these: https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/1/WOS (the purple and blue being off limits as per the rules on suit colors and level).  

hmc_

Zarth, the bad news is the house's destruction didn't register in any of the logs, so there's no way to restore it. PJ went through 7 backups and couldn't find a trace of it--this goes to what Risto was talking about with the building modules, and they are being adjusted as we speak so this type of thing doesn't happen again.

The good news is that you can upgrade to a Borough One house (https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/169), and a new suit as stipulated in the earlier post, and you still have the lot in B4.

If you'd rebuild on the B4 lot rather than accept the Borough One house, a refund of the 1mil purchase price can be arranged.

hmc_

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 04:36:05 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 05:18:46 PM by Syksy

Hello, GM speaking. As per request, I outline the following:
- -

As outlined by GM above, I will now re-map IDs of certain institutions, characters, corporations and FOCs.
Please note that this is a manual task, and you should poke me in IRC if you notice some mapping missing here, or if you feel some mapping below is wrong.
I don't have the knowledge base of some very old corporations or institutions so I might very well map them wrong.
Notice that ID of 0 indicates that the account is not eligible for the competition as their score will be 0 in all categories.

Notation:
"Name (OldID) -> (NewID)"

I've left out some re-mappable characters because they did not have a realistic score to compete of spots in any category anyhow.
Below the manually curated mapping (please double-check if you feel something is wrong):

Characters:
THUD_THE_2ND (488) -> (80)
NIKKE2 (383) -> (50)
DNALEOR3 (334) -> (30)
STEPPENWOLFSON (219) -> (81)
SHADOWALKERJR (156) -> (85)
PAULJR (135) -> (22)
ZECHARIAH (36) -> (1)

Legacy corporations (some of which retain their ID):
DEPTSTORE (412) -> (1)
PAWNSHOP (133) -> (1)
COINSHOP (122) -> (1)
NEWCORP (60) -> (60)
TOWNHALL (43) -> (43)

Institutions, pools and similar:
OFFICE (365) -> (0)
LOTRAFFLE (254) -> (0)
TOWNSWIPE (248) -> (0)
ENG-POOL (241) -> (0)
COINCONTEST (160) ->  (0)
SYKSY (138) -> (0)
RENTAL (75) -> (0)
DEVPOOL (69) -> (0)
BANK (52) -> (0)
CHURCH (49) -> (0)
OLDDUCHY (48) -> (0)
UNIVERSITY (45) -> (0)
SSP (37) -> (0)
TOWN (4) -> (0)

FOCs and similar:
CRYPTONICC (475) -> (120)
ILUVBTCFOC (427) -> (34)
NOODLEFOC (426) -> (110)
OTHEFOC (425) -> (107)
TACOTIMEFOC (424) -> (108)
ANJESHKAFOC (381) -> (73)
GOD (346) -> (2)
MEDUSAFOC (313) -> (67)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 12:28:27 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 09:37:37 AM by generalizethis

Just want to gloss over the CC prizes and give some feedback as to their use or what makes them collectable.

1 AS1600E 1600 Collectible gold coin (Bss Asenath) Gold 80 (total) 5 (weight in ckg): Every hundred years, some players are given the right to make their own historical coin, they define the weight, the design and the issuance, so they can become very significant collectables or heirlooms that sometimes have historical or personal value layered on top of their purely speculative/stat values.

500 BEER (H: 2): When the game is unpaused, you will need to consume beer, wine and other food stuff to keep your character alive and healthy. The "H: 2" is a health value point that indicates how much health points consuming one of that item will produce. So in the case of BEER, you will get 2 health points for each one consumed.

12,600 CAN [Green herbs] (H: 1, Wis: 1): You can't live on beer alone and wisdom is key in any game as complex as CK, so luckily, we have CAN to CONSUME and give us some earthy WIS to guide us on our journey. There are items that give you more wisdom and health points, but cannabis remains one of the favorites to trade and consume in large batches.

1,000 CK Crypto Kingdom: More in line with a traditional crypto-currency, CK has more liquidity than other items in the kingdom and offers a way to amass control in the game through voting power--50K being the threshold for Senate .Our GM will have to cover the fine details of issuance procedure, but the main focus here was to increase liquidity, offer gamestock and have a more corporate avenue for control--more agrarian mechanics, though mining is still an interesting proposition from a mobile standpoint.

Stopping here for the moment, as the markets mentioned seem indicative of the current structure; though variables, more corporate offerings and marketing efforts, should create future renditions that will outpace less sophisticated designs--Risto has built a very adaptable machine, and once the outlands/badlands area is defined for more open-source gameplay, it should have the mobile gamebox feel you as the gametime expands into modern warfare--this doesn't relinquish control of the gameboard design, but underscores deeper and more immersive battlefields that are easily redefined for more unique gameplay. Place your bot-team head-to-head on a no-rules quest for asset acquisition and control the market becomes  the new Leroy Jenkins and lone wolf spec-ops missions are global events in the privacy of your own home. This game's ability to morph design, market and gameplay, along with fluid moves between player and admin tasks, gives it its own shelf at the mmorpg table. Enjoy.

hmc_

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:35:32 AM

Dear coin collectors, the Coin Contest is nearing its end as there is only a hint over 12 hours left in the competition.
An update from yesterday's score sheets, with already multiple IDs adjusted (highlighted in yellow). Some IDs will still be adjusted, but you already see the rough idea in each top 20.

Now's the time for some tactical moves I'd say... good luck! Wink

GOLD

SILVER

COPPER

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:55:52 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 06:07:51 PM by Syksy

Preliminary results of the grand Coin Contest of 1650 are in!

The raw competition info is available at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=1903677313

GOLD

SILVER

COPPER

Few mentions;
- I say "preliminary", but most likely these are final. This is just so I'll have time for double-checking for any mistakes or problems.
- Congratulations to all! GM Zech will help with dealing out the prizes and has previously released the table for distribution of prizes between categories.
- I'm glad to see we also have new names on the top lists! Excellent play for example by the new collector Tombot, who dodged the ridiculously costy gold coins (like CR1400E and CR1430E), and instead still filled in a remarkable collection spanning over decades of CK with a cost-efficiency leveraged by a relatively new char ID.
- Also extra compliments to the distinguished SirJacket, who managed to make 7 out of 9 top 3 lists! Of the remaining two he was number four in the other one Smiley
- Battle-pair award for Noms and Mooo, who liked holding hands back and forth in late stages Cheesy!
- Crichton the uncrowned copper king (pun intended, Your Majesty!) and Soul the uncrowned silver king!
Other honorable mentions pending.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:24:55 AM

hmc_

Zarth, the bad news is the house's destruction didn't register in any of the logs, so there's no way to restore it. PJ went through 7 backups and couldn't find a trace of it--this goes to what Risto was talking about with the building modules, and they are being adjusted as we speak so this type of thing doesn't happen again.

The good news is that you can upgrade to a Borough One house (https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/169), and a new suit as stipulated in the earlier post, and you still have the lot in B4.

If you'd rebuild on the B4 lot rather than accept the Borough One house, a refund of the 1mil purchase price can be arranged.

hmc_

Yes my house is very important to me, I was worried. Maybe it burnt down ? xP I'm not so worried about how long thongs take I just wanted to make sure I have a house ^^ So I will get a new build one in borough one. That lot at b4 is it just the land ? A borough one house is better so I will take that. Monero I paid must stay in the game it is better. Oh what suit must I pick ? What do they do ? Also thank you for letting me stay with you and getting me a new house. Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 09:02:25 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 09:37:10 AM by generalizethis

Yes my house is very important to me, I was worried. Maybe it burnt down ? xP I'm not so worried about how long thongs take I just wanted to make sure I have a house ^^ So I will get a new build one in borough one. That lot at b4 is it just the land ? A borough one house is better so I will take that. Monero I paid must stay in the game it is better. Oh what suit must I pick ? What do they do ? Also thank you for letting me stay with you and getting me a new house. Smiley

Borough Four seems a contradiction, on one hand you have the church with low price beer and a helpful hand, then you have impassable areas mired in the haze of dark forces and undrinkable water. While it may seem good to live near friars bearing beer, you will,  if you are industrious have to reinvest, and rebuild over time, to increase land values--though I think the Church could do wonders in developing the land as they go, and reinvesting the good will of the faithful, build abbots and churches that can redistribute their industrious grace throughout the kingdom and make marvels to rival any Rome. The great towns of old managed to spread their wealth through aqueducts that spired with the great minds of Medici and Borgias alike. ATM the church isn't active, so those areas are high/risk/reward and should be dealt with as mid-level hand knowing that there is no guarantees in the land game, especially in Borough Four. What I can say, for certain, is that insurance would be a small premium for larger hand in most boroughs.

Given the deal, the house in B1 is the better play long term, and if you can afford to buy there (or find the king in a generous mood), you'll see a better return at a faster rate, but the house in B4 is a good play if you are given the house and can grind out improvements, overtime you should be able to buy a second or third home and become a landlord.

I started in Borough One with an apartment building, and while the pricing was a bit high, I did manage to get a few introductions and more propositions for land deals along with other consumables, this is more of a entrepreneurial gameplay than anything, but you'll need the right suit, eat the right foods, and back-in-the-day, even learn to design your own houses, the RPG game figures in here as you get to see people's true colors in the heat of battle or the stress of markets, so in any phase of the game, swords and strategy come into play.

Here's the suits that I linked earlier--and quick description of their value in the game:

Red Suit: Tend to last longer, but you pay for that and the fact that you are now in the merchant class, which means when there are business topics and economic issues at the table, you are a player.

White Suit: Believe they have a decent shelf life, but not certain. This is more a learned class. Academics and knowledge, perhaps some magic on the side. If your aim is to be a physician or a future wizard, the white suit would be a good choice.

Orange Suit: This one is pricey and I don't understand it. I have yet to play with anyone who has worn it, so if you are trailblazer, or a pirate, or I don't know...this may be your suit.

Green Suit: This is where I started my game, I think.... The DB doesn't go back past that far, (I am 81, and now 250, and healthier by the advent of King Corp) so my memory and the DB forget. As I remember, the price was reasonable and you didn't really have to set yourself down for a particular path and it gave you enough clout to gain introductions, without the burden of being obliged to favor a particular class--went from a red suit from there to a blue suit--you can't get anywhere in the upper levels without a blue suit--though with policy changes, and leadership changes, and the always expanding board, you may get there by other ways that have yet to be tested, and with clans expansion, you should see warfare taking on new dimensions that will influence the game in surprising and shocking ways--this is the unknown territories that the GM has yet to define, but has often hinted at--and each particular detail expands into a battle forged state.

The other two suits listed, brown and gray, are for manual, light-warfare, and servant classes--you should receive one of these at the start, and once you decide you don't want to be an NPC for the rest of your life, you'll work up to buying one of the other suits. Or not, I kind of admire someone who is willing to play out the hand that's dealt them, and I'm sure there are a few who will enjoy the survival game. Technically, we all start here, and "stranger" is level 0 or 1 IIRC.

Purple Suit: this one finds you, and you can only get another after your first. Tongue

...there are other suits, but those are either historical or for special occasions or both.

TLDR: Zarth is given this house and lot in B1 (https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/169) and may pick any color suit (except Blue or Purple as they are level initiated) from this list of suits owned by the Crown Corp: https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/1/WOS, his lot in B4 is free for him to develop as he sees fit.

My advice, and this is free, is to make friends now, establish your house and learn more about the gameplay--this isn't your typical D&D knock-off stuck in a 90's style sandbox--you're gonna have to learn to live all over again, rethink your strategy and make due with the resources available. This is a game that demands that you learn CLI and have the where-with-all to survive earthquakes, droughts, and if you go off world, worse, much worse and more--I'm talking black boxes of unknown hoards waiting to steal your army and make you pay a ransom for your return (this happened: the two current kings had to help him pay the ransom--they wanted silver BTW).

hmc_

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:15:05 PM

Dear Townspeople, oyez, oyez!

Cryptotown and the University are partenering to host a series of games for everyone. These are ad hoc minigames, played in IRC [1]. These will not be on a schedule, but the organizers are keen to try and keep the townspeople occupied during this eriee time of... well, timeless time.

The first minigame in the series will be a chance game. Every player is welcome! The game will be based on the Lot Raffle.

Rules:

The game is round based, and players play in increase player ID order in a round.
Entrance fee is a bottle of wine per round (any one will do, but make sure it's a WINE, not a GIO item). Participation in a round is optional. At a player's turn, you choose whether you want to participate in that round. If you do, you consume one bottle of wine first, then play the lot raffle once. If you find a CAN, you get three points. A CRxxxxx coin nets 2 points. A CK token yields 1 point. There are 3 rounds, and the scores accumulate. At the end of the 3 rounds, scores are tallied. All the characters with the highest score will get a moderate bonus in WISdom. All the characters with the second highest score will be a slight bonus in WISdom. Any character is free to give up to 1000 of one particular item to the LotRaffle character before playing the lotraffle.

The date is set to the 19th, on saturday. 5 to 7 GMT sound like a good time, let's see if anyone's interested in playing, and whether they have time preferences. You don't have to "register", you just need to be there on IRC at the time. I'll be there, for one Smiley Anyone else ?

[1] ##crypto-kingdom on Freenode, reachable via http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=%23#crypto-kingdom&prompt=1&uio=d4
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:46:06 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 03:19:56 PM by Syksy

Dear all,

as GM Zechariah is extremely busy with Clans, I decided I'd give a shot on the final allocation of Coin Contest prizes.

The following prize table was posted previously on how to allocate the prizes among contest categories:

The prize pot of 100 mil ("and much more") of the Coin Collecting Contest of 1650, will be distributed to the different collections as follows:

The Historian for GOC - 30%
The Cornerer for GOC - 15%
The Hoarder for GOC - 15%
The Historian for SIC - 14%
The Cornerer for SIC - 7%
The Hoarder for SIC - 7%
The Historian for COT - 6%
The Cornerer for COT - 3%
The Hoarder for COT - 3%

- -

I propose the following within each of the 9 categories (cornerer/historian/hoarder x gold/silver/copper):

The prize pool is taken as above for a category. After that, the proportional allocation of the funds will follow the following neat series based on character's contest performance rank k:

So taking for example top 20 table, we've already dealth out approximate 100% of the prizes allocated to that pool. Please find below the proportions; winner takes 50% of whole pool, 2nd place takes 25%, 3rd place takes 12.5%, 4th place takes 6.25%, et cetra. Noticeable anything beyond top 10 will only be a "formal" prize, but a recognition nevertheless (notice ranks in the competition are on the left):

I propose the following steps to deal out collectibles for winners/donators:
- First we consume 2x HM02B100 from the prize pool for making collectible coin prizes for the winners of gold coin contest as well as donators.
- Gold categories: Each winner will obtain 3x GCW1650E, 2nd will get 2x GCW1650E and 3rd will get 1x GCW1650E. As there are 3 gold categories, this will result in 18 coins mintage of GCW1650E. (GCW = Gold Coin Winner, each coin will contain 5 CKG and will be classified as GOC)
- The rest of the gold will be used to mint 22 coins CCD1650E (Coin Contest Donator), and these CCD1650Es will be spread among donators in proportion to how much in M they donated. Majority will go to Coinshop with its 100 XMR initial donation, but every donator will get at least 1 coin.
- Then a S1000 from the prize pool is consumed for making collectible coin prizes for the winners of the silver coin contest. Similarly, each winner will obtain a 3x SCW1650J, 2nd 2x SCW1650J and 3rd 1x SCW1650J (SCW = Silver Contest Winner, J indicating that each coin contains 10 CKS). This will result in mintage of 18 silver reward coins again. The rest of the scrap from S1000 will be turned to T165 and sold in the markets.
- Then enough KMTs will be bought/donated by me to similarly to construct 18x CCW1650Y (CCW = Copper Coin Winner, Y = indicating that each coin will contain 25 grams of copper). Again winner in each category gets 3, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1, and there are 3 categories within copper similarly.
In total 4 new collectibles would be created; GCW1650E (GOC, 18 mintage, 5 CKG), CCD1650E (GOC, 22 mintage, 5 CKG), SCW1650J (SIC, 18 mintage, 10 CKS), and CCW1650Y (COT, 18 mintage, 25 grams of copper)

After the above coin-rewards, the funds in the prize pool will be allocated. The prizes will be dealt out in M, with the following:
- All non-M items will be liquidated by placing them for 3-day auction with a suitable drop-rate. We have many kinds of items like CK, gold coins, HM02B100, S1000, CAN, etc. so it's hard to otherwise deal out the prizes. Some may be sold straight-out if deemed necessary, I guess I'll take the role of the liquidator now for the Prize Pool (char id 160).
- After the prize pool has been liquidated to M, the M prizes will be dealt according to the formulae I proposed above. E.g. if the whole pool is worth 200mil M after liquidation, Gold Historian 2nd place will obtain from this 200*0.3*0.25 = 15mil M.

Please let me know what you think of above. This is just a suggestion to help out Zech.

PS. For Mooo, I'm all in for minigames Wink
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:09:43 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2016, 11:48:10 AM by Syksy

Teaser for the Dragon Quest

The Royal Throne room of Crypto Kingdom is buzzing with confusion, as a loud arguement echoes from the pillars closest to the throne. Zenon, the mysterious wizard, is arguing with His Majesty and nobody can recall seeing him in such an agitated state ever before - a feat that is not appropriate at all, least not before the Majesty himself. There are few within the realm who would dare to use such tone with HM, Zenon being one of the few, and even he does not do that.

"This is a death wish!", Zenon exclaims, "There are things better left alone." He turns to the nobles around him, "There are roads which must not be followed, armies which must not be attacked, towns which must not be besieged, positions which must not be contested!"

"Fools, all of you! What I have sealed away I sealed away for a good reason, and you wish to break the seal... and for what, glory? Wealth? I swear to you, cursed be all of you who send your servants to such certain doom, as their blood will stain your hands even if you will not shed a drop of blood yourself! And it is not only the blood, it is their very soul that will haunt yours forever more should you pursue this madness!"

He then calms down, continuing "but if it is to happen, then be so. But know that there are things so vast, ancient and unknown in existence, that mankind will never be nothing but ants or cattle at most in the greater perspective. You have been warned. I can arrange this pursuit unwillingly, but I will take no responsibility of its outcome. I have a... friend, a brother, who can assist you in this matter, but to reach him we need to go beyond the fabric of this world before our eyes and tear the very veil of universe to step to the unknown. Know that this is not a matter of military might - this is a matter of treachery and manipulation, dangers that lurk in the minds of man, and madness that haunts those trapped in asylums. Such are the ultimate horrors that reach beyond the understanding of man. And should you succeed in obtaining such a dragon, even a black one that is, it will inevitably come at a great cost."

He walks away down the hallway, mentally exhausted and worried. Before leaving the throne room, he turns back one last time and says, "bring only your sword, tools and protective garments. No army can breach this veil we will tear, and only a small group of exceptional heroes has any chance of fleeting victory. Five honest and most wise and intelligent men and women of finest kind have the best chances, but even then I will already prepare graves and mourning for them once the veil breaks. May God bless their souls."

He turns away, stands still for a moment, lets out a long sigh and disappears into the ominous mist outside.

---

Dear all, I would like to remind you of this upcoming event this Saturday, November 12th at 3 pm UTC.

Current participant list, under the "lambs to the slaughter"-sign:

1. Moo
2. Red Erin (willing to give spot)
3. Martti (played by hmc_)
4. New Liberty (willing to give spot I believe)
5. Boombox (played by Tombot)

Some previous experience of traditional live pen'n'paper roleplaying will be an advantage in this quest, but not strictly required.

It is allowed to use secondary accounts, like Martti by His Majesty and Boombox by Tombot.
...and to quote my original evil gamemaster laugh (I am highly influenced by Call of Cthulhu -gamemastering):

Best of luck to ye Wink *evil laughter*
tombots

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:35:43 AM

Storytelling by tombot (215), part 4

The 9-NW-C1 plot could be used for some kind of business in the near future. Its right in the middle with busy roads going by so having a small shop there would be perfect. Not much fish is sold in this town, maybe that could be something for me, fish is good for your health. Probably need to contact the GM after some weeks and ask how to proceed with setting up a business catching and selling fish. Maybe it could be integrated in the meat market and no need for a new food category. On the other hand I have heard lots of talk about building ships and exploring the high seas. So that could indicate a plan to have several fishermen and a new food category also.

If no business is started on the 9-NW-C1 plot then I will probably build a small stronghold there for (part of) my coin collection.

My friend boombox is getting restless, he heard about the Dragon Quest and it seems he would like to take part in it. Wonder if they would accept a howling madman with them. He does not have any weapons but he is strong like an ox and an expert in hand-to-hand combat.  He would take some SW2 and SW4 with him on the journey, if magic medicine is needed. I will send him on his way to find Syksy, lets hope he will get a place in the Quest. He is not interested in fame and glory, what he really hopes to find during the quest is a war axe, the heavier and more magical the better! 

to be continued...
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:31:29 PM

Liquidation of Coin Contest Prize pool:

The Coin Contest Prizes pool has now listed the following items per DUMP-command auction:
DUMP item_id amount first_price last_price decrease_per_hour

with the following:
DUMP AS1600E 1 2000000 700000 100000
DUMP MAMED4 10000000 500000 500000
DUMP SW4 20 250000 100000 10000
DUMP TS163 1 250000 10000 10000
DUMP W1600M 100 20000 5000 1000
DUMP W1634F 100 23000 4000 1000

The items are currently held by https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/763
and from there will be allocated the minted prize-coins and donator rewards, as well as the M pool.
I will create the prize/donator coins asap.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 06:35:15 AM

If you want to discuss developmental projects or market issues or votes:

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:39:21 AM

Some might have read my recent post history, including how I was threatened with medical incarceration in Finland, and escaped with my life, leaving everything behind. The actions were definitely dramatic, but the effect sounds more dramatic than it is: I had lived in Estonia all the time, and in fact I only stayed in Finland about 28 hours, but that was the last 28 hours of Finland for a long long time.

I have ceased comparing Finland to Soviet Union, because in the latter, the people at least were still able to understand they were being lied to, in Finland this faculty is blotted out from the collective understanding of the people, they being unable to even consider the extent of the official lie.

I have ceased comparing Finland to North Korea, because - let's face it - our information about North Korea solely comes from the same source that is hailing Finland as the best country in the world. With the experience from 35 countries, I cannot immediately recall a more Orwellian place to live than Finland. So by logic, it is at least possible that they have lied about North Korea as well. (Few people, even now, years after the event, comprehend the extent of their lie about Libya and Col. Gaddafi.)

The loss of my family is a shock in the short term, but in the long term it is very good for CK, the other projects, and freedom in general. I won't be having family troubles until:
a) Finland is free, or
b) I die fighting.

And I have all the intention to liberate Finland (Tavastia), and none of the intention to die. Unless the enemy accomplishes the latter, I will accomplish the former. Not alone, of course, but you get the point.

This creates a tremendous opportunity even for those who estimate my chances of winning to be slim. Per the standard EV theory, the payout in the winning scenario just has to be correspondingly higher, and in CK and MKA it definitely is!

Is there any agenda for senate today?

Get the trump hairdo bro ... Make Finland Great Again
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: