Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:51:54 PM

Your Majesty, I have a humble request in efforts to make funding our accounts easier for the players.

Would it be possible to list a user's payment ID in the Character Database, as well as the XMR address? Then we could always go there for reference without bothering David too much, I know he is busy. For example, I have a previous payment ID issued from Master David but I cannot find the XMR address right now.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

Your Majesty, I have a humble request in efforts to make funding our accounts easier for the players.

Would it be possible to list a user's payment ID in the Character Database, as well as the XMR address? Then we could always go there for reference without bothering David too much, I know he is busy. For example, I have a previous payment ID issued from Master David but I cannot find the XMR address right now.

Listing the payment IDs would make the transactions public, which seems against the spirit of XMR, even if not really a big deal for a game.

Listing the game XMR public address would be harmless and useful though.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:50:23 PM

The Promotions of A.D. 1470 and the Plight of Jungherr Zechariah

Jungherr Zechariah is promoted Baron (L9). For the son of the King, 34 years is the right age to join the proper Nobility, and he is awaiting introduction to the Noble Club soon.

Febo is Knighted (L8) for becoming an administrator of the game. He is also Knighted in the Ancient Order of the King, and the chain weighs 100 gold (as usual).

Dame Roopatra is Knighted in the Ancient Order of the King for the same reason. She is a skilled budget architect and administrator.

Luigi is Knighted in AOK as well. The administrator privileges will be given to The Marquess, The Bishop, and the 3 people above mentioned. Soon we will have a more functioning game! Smiley

Saddambitcoin has shown Mastery (L6).

Quentin Moon and BlackWidow are promoted Expert (L5).

Congratulations for the new players: kronicblazer and paradigmflux!

And now.... my son, Zechariah, has started many business endeavours, namely the Guesthouse with 30 rooms now, plus a lobby bar and a grocery shop. And the Original Hive, which will have up to 80 NPC apartments when finished. And he's bought land (well that was cheap, who wouldn't have)...

Just as he had planned to sell more of his gold holdings to finance all of it, he (as though) suddenly learned that he is promoted Baron. And I gave him 5,000 gold as a gift, just like I did 20 years ago (and it's nearly gone).

The problem is, he is now in a bind, he had wanted to sell gold to me, but cannot - since I gave the same as a gift just today - it'd be like cashing out a gift with the giver. His finances run negative up to 200 million if the second part of the Hive is also constructed (<100 million if not).

There is a loan agreement drafted for 50 years: whoever wants to loan him 100,000,000 moneritos is a hero (and would also receive 125,000,000 back at a 0.50% APR). The Guesthouse is mortgaged for the loan. It is about 600 sqm and land included easily worth 300-400 million.

Or consider buying some of his properties! When thinking realistically, they are quite nice price there Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

As long as the possibility of a default is covered, I can lend him the moneritos, the cash should already be in my account.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

Some of the Nobles may have wanted to be promoted but didn't. Well, the reason is simple: you guys don't meet the minimum requirements for promotion!

- Everyone willing to become Earl must already have a noble suit, a host of servants, and a house of 200 sqm/100% lux.

- Everyone willing to become Baron must have any suit, and a house of 100 sqm/60% lux.

Promotion is not a small matter - in the Ancient era the benefits are limited but once the Countryside is implemented in Version 4/5, the tax income of a Marquess is 2-3 times higher than that of an Earl, and Baron's don't get any tax income at all (unless they directly own land and farm it)!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

As long as the possibility of a default is covered, I can lend him the moneritos, the cash should already be in my account.

The possibility of a default is covered by a mortgage to his property in the lots 1-W-K11 and K12. They currently provide about 5 mil per year and the accrued interest of this loan is 0.5 mil per year. So unless catastrophic things happen (the game folds down), you get either 125 million or at a minimum, this property.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:44:05 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 06:36:58 PM by smooth

GRAND OPENING - Smooth & Co Real Estate Office

The Smooth & Co Real Estate Office is now open for business, located conveniently in the lobby of Smooth Hotel at grid square G12.

Services provided:

. Sale and resale of undeveloped land and developed real property (services provided to individual owners and development entities).
. Mortgage brokering (services provided to both borrowers and lenders)
. Appraisals
. Building permits, recording (by appointment of HM The King)
. Acquisitions

Commissions are set initially at 5% for all services, except recordings (no charge) and appraisals (base price 4m, but higher for more complex properties)

EDIT: by "no charge" for recordings this means no charge above the normal fee of 4m
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:38:13 PM

Thank you for the gracious promotion!

Currently I am working on plans for Saddam's Castle which will be built on the 6 quadrats of land I acquired.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

GRAND OPENING - Smooth & Co Real Estate Office

The Smooth & Co Real Estate Office is now open for business, located conveniently in the lobby of Smooth Hotel at grid square G12.

Services provided:

. Sale and resale of undeveloped land and developed real property (services provided to individual owners and development entities).
. Mortgage brokering (services provided to both borrowers and lenders)
. Appraisals
. Building permits, recording (by appointment of HM The King)
. Acquisitions

Commissions are set initially at 5% for all services, except recordings (no charge) and appraisals (base price 4m, but higher for more complex properties)

EDIT: by "no charge" for recordings this means no charge above the normal fee of 4m

Ahh...  His Majesty is very pleased that new businesses are opening in the town. Especially financial services, for we do know that money matters most and the owners of gold make the rules.

We are interested in the appraisal process. What kind of method is used in the inner-city built-up area (almost non-existent yet) and the area in development?

Also the loan rate interests us much. Baron Zechariah recently closed a 0.50% APR loan financing, with 300% overguarantee. Is your intention to be on the loan taker or provider more?

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:06:24 PM

Hello,

As a humble servant I would like to buy 32 gold coins from King's coinshop if my calculations are right I will have to pay 3494400 moneritos for it

Thank you my King!

Space for rent if its still trending
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:15:32 PM

Assessing the Services Pool payout percentages, your opinion counts!

Our great city has ~40 PC, who have ~140 NPC servants, and the standing army numbers ~150. (Women and children do not count, as was the custom in the middle ages.) We the King are very pleased with the progress.

The Services Pool mechanisms are again updated, leading to an even bigger payout from the pool, to be divided between our rental, hotel, tavern, restaurant, and other commercial establishments. The payout has grown as follows:

1450 - 3 mil
1460 - 54 mil
1470 - 109 mil (per real-day).

According to what we have understood, the following restaurants and taverns are seeking to cater to the PC segment. We would like the owners to update the information on what the price level in their restaurant is in the scale of $-$$$$$ (quality I can directly deduce from the pay of the chef - which you can update if wanted!), and what are the attributes why the middle class or upper class people should frequent it. Then the players can vote, to list maximum 3 places where they would like to go, considering the clientele, distance from home, willingness to pay etc.

Also we'd like to know what quadrat you consider to be the Central Point of the current town, considering pedestrian routes and access to shops and services. Please tell your answer as the quadrat id format, eg. lot 1-C-G12 "Smooth Hotel" is quadrat "c1".

List of restaurants and their (current) quality ("w/k" means that the tavern serves food):

The Grand Hotel ***** Restaurant  Smiley Smiley Smiley $$$$$ - Central square
The Town Hall Restaurant  Smiley Smiley $$$$ - Central/d'Armagnac square
The Monero House *** Hotel Restaurant  Smiley $$$$ - Earls' Street
Smooth *** Hotel Rooftop Restaurant  Smiley (?) - d'Armagnac square
In The Basement Tavern (w/k)  Smiley $$ - Central Square
The Town Hall Bar (w/k) Smiley $$$$ - Central Square

Behind The Cathedral Tavern (drink only) $$$ - d'Armagnac square
Priory House **** Hotel Restaurant n/a (?) - a bit south
Luigi's Grail and Quail *** Tavern (w/k) n/a (?) - Central square
?? (Roopatra 2) (w/k)  Tongue ($-$$ ?) - north gate
Outside The Wall Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $$ - a bit south
Zechariah's Guesthouse Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $$ - Jousting ground
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered (w/k)  Tongue $$ - a bit northeast
The Grand Hotel haw catering (w/k)  Tongue $ - in the midst of nothing
The Original Hive Tavern (w/k)  Tongue $ - north
The North Gate Tavern (Roopatra 1) (w/k)  Tongue Tongue $ - north gate

And remember, perhaps 1,000 or more XMR will be distributed according to your decisions!  Grin

Cool to see that we have 16 establishments in town for fine and casual dining  Kiss

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

And to answer my own voting round (did I mention that you have about 46 hours to vote!), my judgement is as follows:

I visit the following places most:
Monero House
Grand Hotel
Town Hall Restaurant.

The reason is simple. As King, I don't have financial constraints to ever eat badly. So in addition to the kitchen in my own basement, I tour around the well-established fine dining spots of the town, and eagerly take a private invitation from the Marquess also, or another one who has a distinguished chef on his payroll.

Also my understanding of the actual centre of the town (building masses, commercial premises, pedestrians/tourism) is e0.

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:01:59 AM

Places frequented:

Luigi's Grail and Quail
Town Hall Restaurant
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered

Center - c3
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:32:17 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 02:42:28 PM by NewLiberty

I find that I've been taking very many meals at the Monero House during the planning and logistics process for the Noble Palace Hotel adjacent, and occasionally treat Noble Palace workers to a meal there after an especially hard day during the planning and construction phases.  The Grand Hotel is also just so convenient for me and I've developed a fondness for that special thing they do with the white truffles delicately arraigned over which the generous medallion of whipped foie gras is seated and graced with a cream drizzle.  The flavours just leap off the plate, so buttery and airy, and so close to home.

Whilst I hope to try every establishment in this fine city, the Grail and Quail is just so convenient for some post vespers repast.

Monero House
Grand Hotel
Grail and Quail

My center? The Cathedral.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:26:18 PM

Unfortunately the beautiful layout of both my restaurants are still nowhere to be seen in the detailed city map Tongue Hopefully the newly appointed building administrators get to the task in their earliest convenience.

However, The North Gate Tavern (sometimes mentioned as Roopatra´s Tavern) in square J4, is currently a little understaffed, and sometimes patrons have to wait for their food or drinks, and we are currently hiring another waitress to make up for the slow service. It is a place to come sit and talk with your friends and allies, because the restaurant affords unrivaled views for all the new arrivals to the city through the north gate. Big windows to the south open to King´s Park and the Royal Palace. After hiring another waitress we aim to serve $$ meals and drinks, with at least Smiley service.

Mama´s Kitchen (in the documents sometimes called Roopatra´s 2) in lot C4 has good views to the south, the restaurant manager simply known as Mama, grows all the herbs for the restaurant in a little herb garden on the back of the kitchen and takes care of smooth running of the business, with the help of a chef and 3 waitresses. Come here to eat like in your grandma´s kitchen to experience tasty homestyle meals. The restaurant also has attached a corner shop called "Meat, Mead and More" for all your daily grocery needs. It should be more expensive but it isn´t, Mama´s is a place for everyone. Meals and drinks $$, service Smiley Smiley

I frequent obviously in both of my own establishments mentioned above. Wink But also when I can afford the luxury; in the Grand Hotel, and in the Monero house restaurant.

In my humble opinion the town center is Central Square, south side of the Royal Palace.
Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:06:56 PM

Dame Roopatra's two places are my locals, while the Grand Hotel is my choice for fine dining. The town centre is the obelisk IMHO.
Quentin Moon 🌙
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 01:24:07 AM

For breakfast I prefer to dine on home turf ('The Hung, Drawn & Quartered' tavern), and for lunch & evenings I enjoy The Grand Hotel, Monero House, and the Hotel Rooftop Restaurant.

The center of town feels like the obelisk to me.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:08:49 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 09:23:48 PM by rpietila

The 14-ennial (real-weekly) services pool payout update is just done. Please find out every single business in town, how much they draw from the pool:

Code:
The Grand Hotel Corp.	19157 %	-21 %
***** Rooms 8180 %
*** Restaurant 5163 %
Shops for rent 1720 %
Tavern....... 1197 %
Haw rentals 1000 %
Conference 990 %
Haw tavern 908 %

Lord Zechariah................ 17745 % +29 %
The Original Hive rentals 7550 %
Zechariah's Guesthouse ** 4800 %
The Original Hive tavern 2346 %
Zechariah's Guesth tavern 2016 %
Zechariah's Grocery Store 1032 %

HM The King................ 11091 % -12 %
The Old Department Store 4730 %
Outside The Wall Tavern 1877 %
Behind the Cathedral Pub 1669 %
Expert Village rentals... 1598 %
In The Basement Tavern 1217 %

The Town Hall Corp. /TH 8137 % -18 %
Town Hall Tavern 2992 %
Town Hall Restaurant 2582 %
Ground level shops 1484 %
Renting the Great Hall 1080 %

Bishop David, Earl of Armagnac 5121 % -7 %
Priory House Hotel **** 2170 %
Priory House Cellar Tavern 1704 %
Priory House Restaurant 430 %
Cathedral Shops......... 430 %
Brewery.................... 387 %

Monero House.................... 4770 % 33 %
Monero House Restaurant 3860 %
*** Hotel.................. 910 %

Lord Karl 4669 % 18 %
H, D & Q Tavern 3407 %
H, D & Q Guesthouse ** 660 %
H, D & Q Stables 602 %

Dame Roopatra 3886 % 76 %
The North Gate Tavern 2329 %
Mama's Kitchen 1234 %
Mead, Meat and More shop 323 %

Lord Luigi 4563 % 75 %
The Grail & Quail Tavern 3373 %
Penthouse + 3 rooms *** 1190 %

Chancellor smooth 2829 % 5 %
Rooftop Restaurant 1569 %
Smooth Hotel *** 1260 %

Town council /Annex 2483 % -30 %

Master binaryFate 1215 % +14 %

Master Jacket 250 % +27 %

Master Damoiseau 125 % +27 %

Febo Urso Mortiginto 100 % +27 %

Ms. Leila Liekki 100 % +27 %

The difference compared to the old payout ratings is also given.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:44:58 PM

When we analyze the results, it is important to see that:
- only 15% of the services pool spending is by tourists (the demand for hotels is limited);
- 30% is by PC's (there is some demand for nice restaurants);
- 55% is by NPC's (servants, guest workers), and this means that there is a very great demand still for taverns especially in the areas where the servants live, and for the areas where they live (because they don't currently live much anywhere!).

The greatest winners of the week were:

Dame Roopatra, whose hearty taverns seem to be optimally located in the north gate, for both visitor, NPC and commoners population. Also the minimarket hit the spot.

Lord Luigi, whose tavern is enjoying enourmous popularity, perhaps due to the location right at the heart.

Monero House, that turned out to be the player favorite eatery second only to the Grand Hotel.

Jungherr Zechariah, whose 116 apartment and guesthouse rooms finally got a relatively better valuation (they did not, but everything else lost due to overcapacity).

Losers were

Town Council/TH Annex, whose rents in shopfront plummeted due to the vote that the town center is actually a bit to the north, and due to the opening of the new department store.

Grand Hotel, which suffered the most from the realized overcapacity in hotel business, even though the restaurant did great.

Town Hall, whose basement shop rents were slain by -50%.

HM The King. It seems that only the tourists use the Royal Taverns, they have suffered poor profitability. And now also the Department Store was revised down after the initial shopping spree was over.

50% of the servant salaries currently are saved or goes to spending outside of the town. The reason is that they cannot find reasonable rental apartments here. If we manage to get the services pool "full payout" to 120,000 for 3 consecutive days, the servants will be spending 60% from then on. If 100,000, then 70%; 80,000, then 80%; 60,000, then 90% and 40,000, then 100%. (And similarly upwards if needed).

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:29:57 AM

Places frequented:

Luigi's Grail and Quail
Town Hall Restaurant
The Drawn, Hung and Quartered

Center - c3

Excellent, excellent choice on town center. I'm in full agreement. Tongue

I also frequent my own establishment, the "Grail and Quail" (it does not go un-noted that my staff provide me with "economical" meals as well). It is perfect for grabbing lunch after the Sunday service next door.
Also: Monero House Restaurant
Town Hall Restaurant
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: