Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 04:04:56 AM

Pirate has not told me anything personally.

I have both bids and asks on this bond and about 20 others. Buy low, Sell high...

Trading when you have no advantage is just trading, even though insider trading is usually frowned upon.

I know GLBSE is the wild west but...

What's going to happen, Goat, when/if pirate pays you? 

Will you immediately go to GLBSE and buy up all the asks priced below the buyback amount?  Doing that would be quite profitable for you, but fuel some more bad blood around here.

I suggest that instead you have Nef freeze trading as quickly as possible, and follow that with the buyback asap.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:58:53 AM

thankfully free market works both ways
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:38:34 AM

Goat, maybe you should do your personal buying and selling in your personal account, not the asset account, do that it doesn't affect the assets trading figure, for what it's worth.

Disclosure: That's how I do it with BIB.PIRATE and FOO.PPPPT, so that my account balance at BS&T will always equal = total issued BIB.PIRATE + total issued FOO.PPPPT + total private deposits. Any trading done on my personal account does not affect this formula (except for issuance and redemption).

Here is a feature request I made to GLBSE to keep both parts of the trades happy and informed:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74049.msg1033952#msg1033952

Mark security issuers Buy Bid and Ask Sell orders with a different color in the order book.

If you like the idea, go and "vote" for it in GLBSE thread by quoting it.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 06:54:58 AM

they will soon be worth 1.068 BTC yeah..
check up your BS&T account - the second week has passed and the interests have compounded at your account.
so, if he does pay out, the bonds are already worth 1.068^2 = 1.140624 BTC
one week from now, they will be worth 1.068^3 = 1.218186432 BTC
keep selling them at the current price - dump all the 40000 onto the market ASAP, to provide the so much needed liquidity - I'm begging you! Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 10:28:23 AM

I highly highly doubt I will be the first to know and that is why my bonds thatI ahve for sale are very limited.

However let us just say that not only does pirate send me the funds and I can get them to GLBSE (something that takes an hour) with out anyone else noticing they will soon be worth 1.068 BTC yeah.. I will buy them because freemarket. If you do not want to risk your bonds being sold for your asking price do not ask for that price!

From this I read that you don't view your lenders/investors (bond holders) as "customers" for whom you're trying to provide the best possible service. Instead, you view them as competitors in a free market, competitors you try to beat, for instance by buying back bonds cheaply after having received repayment from Pirate.
I think this is interesting information for anyone holding any of your bonds.

If my accepting your offer will piss you off honestly I could care less.  I have no insider information and I am making it very clear I am both buying and selling these bonds.
For the period from you've received repayment from Pirate, until this is made known to your bond holders, I'd say that you do have inside information. Of course, if as I suggest you view your bond holders as competitors, it is in your interest to take advantage of this information by buying bonds before making this information public, as you have stated that you would do.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 10:41:39 AM

+1
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 10:56:44 AM

I think if you would do sth. else it would be stupid or make me think that this is something hidden, and dishonest.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:11:48 PM

I think it's actually good, that he acts as a "market maker" and holds the investment liquid.
In real world it is completely normal to have a market maker. Yes, there is a difference -  usually you do not act as market maker for your own security Smiley
If security issuers bid/ask are identified on the order book, we have almost eliminated the chance for hidden manipulation.
It's up to every trader,  how they react to buy or sell orders from issuer.
I think it adds more transparency.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:09:30 PM

If I wanted to hide my "manipulation" I would just have a second account.
Second account wouldn't help you anyhow to hide your scam of dumping empty PPT bonds onto the market.

Unless your bitch would have change the API - so the system would lie about your scam.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:17:04 PM

Second account wouldn't help you anyhow to hide your scam of dumping empty PPT bonds onto the market.

Unless your bitch would have change the API - so the system would lie about your scam.

lol
you start to amuse me Wink
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:18:36 PM

lol
I can only assume that that is the reason why piotr's ignore link doesn't glow red and flash.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

lol
I can only assume that that is the reason why piotr's ignore link doesn't glow red and flash.

I wise man once said:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

You are a bunch of fucking suckers - that's all you are.
The guy is screwing you all over, however he likes, laughing right into your face - and you are so happy with it..  Roll Eyes

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:23:16 PM

lol

I wise man once said:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

The guy is screwing you all over, however he likes, laughing right into your face - and you are so happy with it..  Roll Eyes

i was never screwed by goat.
i did even buy some of his -B bond at very low prices.

luckily i never ignore anybody so i guess i can only win Cheesy
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 02:49:44 PM

I am clearly out for the best interest of the bond holders. I am doing what they asked.

A week ago I wanted to lock down trading on the bond but people in this thread asked me not to. No one asked me to lock down trading.

So people want to trade and people want liquidity. I am helping them with this.

If people do not want their bonds sold they should not offer them up for sale. Why should I not take part in the speculation just because I issued the bonds? This is not a children's game where I am here to protect you from yourself.

It is very silly for people to demand that we let the stock trade and then cry out when, shock, trading happens...

If you do not want your bonds sold then please do not offer them for sale. I assure you I will not buy any bonds that are not offered up for sale!

If pirate does send and I get the coins to GLBSE I will be buying all of the bonds offered for sale. I'm not going to wait for people to adjust their book.

Again if you do not want your bonds sold please do not list them for sale!

I do agree with your decision to allow trading of the bond, as this allows those who believe there will be no payment to sell their bonds to limit their loss, and those who believe in repayment to gamble on this. No disagreement here.

Regarding you speculating on your own assets, I am not saying what you should or shouldn't. I am not saying it is right or wrong. I am just saying that I personally (and from the feedback it seems to be only me...) would not put money into an asset where I knew the issuer was trading/speculating against his own investors, because the issuer is more or less guaranteed to win because of the information gap that will exist between issuer and investor. The issuer will always know more than the investors about what is going on with the asset. In this particular instance, the issuer (you) will probably know more about the Pirate situation than most others, and in the case of a repayment of your account at Pirate's, you will most certainly know before everyone else. So speculating against you brings very little chance of winning.

Furthermore, by speculating on your own security, your interests are suddenly the opposite of your investors'. I would not want to buy or hold an asset where that is the case. But again, I am not trying to say what is right or wrong. I am just expressing what kinds of investing situations I'm trying to avoid.
And yes, you are very open about this so people know what their getting into at this point so those speculating on this bond at this moment shouldn't complain.

And just to be clear, I do not hold any of your bonds anymore. I sold at 0.6-0.8 in the time after the announcement from Pirate.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 03:19:55 PM

lol

I wise man once said:

I don't actually have any TYGRR shares, I'm just here for the lulz.
And yes, you do bring up some good points every once in awhile in your vitriol laced posts. It's just that you're a jackass in all of them.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 03:25:22 PM

And yes, you do bring up some good points every once in awhile in your vitriol laced posts. It's just that you're a jackass in all of them.
Jackass, troll, piotr_n - or whatever.
The words you call me - they mean nothing for me.

Now I'm only here to speak up the truth.
And for all you suckers out there who are jumping onto me now, I can promise to each single one of you that I will come back here one day, just to say the words: I told you so!

29130 now - still 10870 to go... You're doing just great, Goat! Smiley

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 04:33:25 PM

I am clearly out for the best interest of the bond holders. I am doing what they asked.

A week ago I wanted to lock down trading on the bond but people in this thread asked me not to. No one asked me to lock down trading.

So people want to trade and people want liquidity. I am helping them with this.

If people do not want their bonds sold they should not offer them up for sale. Why should I not take part in the speculation just because I issued the bonds? This is not a children's game where I am here to protect you from yourself.

It is very silly for people to demand that we let the stock trade and then cry out when, shock, trading happens...

If you do not want your bonds sold then please do not offer them for sale. I assure you I will not buy any bonds that are not offered up for sale!

If pirate does send and I get the coins to GLBSE I will be buying all of the bonds offered for sale. I'm not going to wait for people to adjust their book.

Again if you do not want your bonds sold please do not list them for sale!

I do agree with your decision to allow trading of the bond, as this allows those who believe there will be no payment to sell their bonds to limit their loss, and those who believe in repayment to gamble on this. No disagreement here.

Regarding you speculating on your own assets, I am not saying what you should or shouldn't. I am not saying it is right or wrong. I am just saying that I personally (and from the feedback it seems to be only me...) would not put money into an asset where I knew the issuer was trading/speculating against his own investors, because the issuer is more or less guaranteed to win because of the information gap that will exist between issuer and investor. The issuer will always know more than the investors about what is going on with the asset. In this particular instance, the issuer (you) will probably know more about the Pirate situation than most others, and in the case of a repayment of your account at Pirate's, you will most certainly know before everyone else. So speculating against you brings very little chance of winning.

Furthermore, by speculating on your own security, your interests are suddenly the opposite of your investors'. I would not want to buy or hold an asset where that is the case. But again, I am not trying to say what is right or wrong. I am just expressing what kinds of investing situations I'm trying to avoid.
And yes, you are very open about this so people know what their getting into at this point so those speculating on this bond at this moment shouldn't complain.

And just to be clear, I do not hold any of your bonds anymore. I sold at 0.6-0.8 in the time after the announcement from Pirate.

unless Goat has one of the oldest btcst accounts and going to be repaid before anybody else he doesn't have much of an edge against everybody else. as soon news gets out that pirate is doing payments on irc and the forums, ALL PPTs at discount rate will be bought out instantly, Goat or not.  it's a fair game
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 04:37:29 PM

And for all you suckers out there who are jumping onto me now, I can promise to each single one of you that I will come back here one day, just to say the words: I told you so!

given the circumstances, what do you suggest current bond holder should do?
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 04:38:29 PM

pray

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 05:48:05 PM

given the circumstances, what do you suggest current bond holder should do?
i think i already said that. i want him to dump on the market as many bonds as possible. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: