Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:09:32 PM

The number is rising. Yep. But your interpretation of the contract is merely a technicality; everyone knows that a better wording might have been "each bond represents 1 BTC of BS&T debt" or whatever. Goat can sell up to 40K and still be able to pay back when pirate does.
Merely a technicality - of course Smiley
I'm dying to see if any court would share your opinion.
If pirate does pay out anyone except Goat - oh, it'd just be be such a great show to watch... Cheesy

I don't think that's a scenario we'll have to worry about in the first place.
Pirate at least still promises to pay back all the deposits, together with up to date 7%/week interest.
Oh well that's okay then.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:17:52 PM

So I wonder how is he going to calculate the final dividends anyway, since the last ones were 3 seeks ago, to 27k bonds, and since then he sold 10+k more bonds...
Don't you wonder it as well?
I don't wonder at all.  Anything multiplied by 0 is still 0.  Pirate isn't paying back dick.
Sorry - I don't believe in prophets and even if I did, you wouldn't be a one.

Well, I hope you're right for the sake of people who invested with Pirate.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:49:55 PM

Pirate at least still promises to pay back all the deposits, together with up to date 7%/week interest.
And what does Goat promise?
Nothing!
Goat states that Pirate is an evil person, but it doesn't stop him from selling counterfeited bonds, supposedly backed by a BS&T deposit and it's 7%/week interest...

So I wonder how is he going to calculate the final dividends anyway, since the last ones were paid 3 weeks ago, to 27k bonds, and since then he sold 10+k more bonds...
Don't you wonder it as well?
I mean, my BS&T account still gets weekly interests every week - so the bonds you're holding should get theirs as well...
So I wonder where is he going to take the 3+ weeks compounded interests from, for the extra 10+k bonds that he dumped onto the market for pennies, without even depositing those into BS&T.
He obviously must have a better business than Pirate itself, if he can afford to make such kind of commitments  Wink

That's pretty awesome. Have you bought anything cool with the interest you've taken out in the last few weeks?
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 09:14:25 PM

That's pretty awesome. Have you bought anything cool with the interest you've taken out in the last few weeks?
yes, i compunded it back.  turning into an even bigger deposit.
isnt that cool? Cheesy

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 11:44:23 PM

yes, i compunded it back.  turning into an even bigger deposit.
isnt that cool? Cheesy

It's really strange, you're a smart kid, like you understand the concepts of cryptography really well, you can do some nifty Chrome plugins etc. and yet you think this, I don't understand, is it like a mental blind spot for you?

This is public knowledge. There was massive drama about my not giving Nefario my ID cuz he said he was going to give it to the police.

I think you miss-remembered or miss-interpreted something I had said, it's never been my position to give any ID to anyone outside GLBSE and I've said as much. We've gone to great lengths to make it difficult to impossible for law enforcement to make us do so through the use of cryptography.

Also GLBSE will only have to follow AML rules if we're required to register as a financial institution, which would also mean that other regulations apply. All we need comply with is the 1998 data protection act which prevents us giving out our users information.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 11:55:22 PM

isnt that cool? Cheesy

It's really strange, you're a smart kid, like you understand the concepts of cryptography really well, you can do some nifty Chrome plugins etc. and yet you think this, I don't understand, is it like a mental blind spot for you?

This is public knowledge. There was massive drama about my not giving Nefario my ID cuz he said he was going to give it to the police.

I think you miss-remembered or miss-interpreted something I had said, it's never been my position to give any ID to anyone outside GLBSE and I've said as much. We've gone to great lengths to make it difficult to impossible for law enforcement to make us do so through the use of cryptography.

Also GLBSE will only have to follow AML rules if we're required to register as a financial institution, which would also mean that other regulations apply. All we need comply with is the 1998 data protection act which prevents us giving out our users information.

You said at the time you would make my personal info public if you thought I was a scammer. This was when you were trying to shut down my BTCST account because you thought I was a scammer. It's all public record.

So I did not send you the ID :/

I think you panicked and over reacted but I remember this just fine...

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 12:49:14 AM

isnt that cool? Cheesy

You said at the time you would make my personal info public if you thought I was a scammer. This was when you were trying to shut down my BTCST account because you thought I was a scammer. It's all public record.

I don't see what the need is for to store the IDs, even if it is encrypted.  Check the information then destroy the documents.  When I buy a beer they don't keep my ID on file.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:00:55 AM

isnt that cool? Cheesy

I don't see what the need is for to store the IDs, even if it is encrypted.  Check the information then destroy the documents.  When I buy a beer they don't keep my ID on file.
When you buy a beer you're not selling a few hundred grand's worth of bonds, either.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 01:01:28 AM

The number is rising. Yep. But your interpretation of the contract is merely a technicality; everyone knows that a better wording might have been "each bond represents 1 BTC of BS&T debt" or whatever. Goat can sell up to 40K and still be able to pay back when pirate does.
Merely a technicality - of course Smiley
I'm dying to see if any court would share your opinion.
If pirate does pay out anyone except Goat - oh, it'd just be be such a great show to watch... Cheesy

Pirate isnt paying anyone back. Hes most likely sitting on a beach sipping pina coladas and laughing at you.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 12:51:49 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 12:41:01 PM by piotr_n

I see you have been doing a really great job Goat with countering the bonds - I'm so proud of you!

Unfortunately you have only 1648 left before reaching the 40k roof. Sad
But no worries - I am sure that Nefario can update the database with a simple SQL query, so your number will be able to go even higher.

So I'm looking forward to update my chart further - and don't you both dare disappointing me! Cheesy

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:27:56 PM

Has there been any word from Pirate at all since the weekend?

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:48:29 PM

No.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:50:22 PM

No.

Do you know if he's busy trying to pay anybody back, or did he just go "fuck it..." at this point?

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:55:44 PM

No.

Do you know if he's busy trying to pay anybody back, or did he just go "fuck it..." at this point?

I am in the dark. His irc bouncer disconnected yesterday for a bit but then came back.  AFAIK, he's been idle since Friday.

EIEIO:

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:16:18 PM

No.

I am in the dark. His irc bouncer disconnected yesterday for a bit but then came back.  AFAIK, he's been idle since Friday.

The man deserves an extended Labour Day Weekend !!!  Wink
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

He said that his attorneys contact info would be made available Friday.  Has it?

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 05:42:46 PM

No.

The man deserves an extended Labour Day Weekend !!!  Wink

He's American.. Labor :p

EIEIO:

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:46:17 PM

I see you have been doing a really great job Goat with countering the bonds - I'm so proud of you!

Unfortunately you have only 1648 left before reaching the 40k roof. Sad
But no worries - I am sure that Nefario can update the database with a simple SQL query, so your number will be able to go even higher.

So I'm looking forward to update my chart further - and don't you both dare disappointing me! Cheesy

So Goat is issuing more bonds even after pirate obviously hasn't paid many "investors" back?

Wow

Why would he do this?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:48:05 PM

So Goat is issuing more bonds even after pirate obviously hasn't paid many "investors" back?

Wow

Why would he do this?

Assuming your conclusion is correct, there is quite a simple explanation. People were (and some still are ) buying pirate debt. For pennies on the dollar, but those newly issued bonds dont even have "a dollar" backing them. Its Goat gambling or knowing pirate wont pay back, so he wont have to buy those bonds back either.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 07:15:33 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2012, 07:30:41 PM by piotr_n

Its Goat gambling or knowing pirate wont pay back, so he wont have to buy those bonds back either.

However you'd call this fraud - it it's hugely illegal, as for my knowledge though I'm not even a lawyer.
I mean, if you consider that these are "bonds" traded on a "stock exchange", based on a "contract" an the "IPO"...
These words do have some legal meaning.
So basically Goat is so fucked up - and Nefario as well. But they don't care - they keep selling bonds, as nothing has happened.

Now they need to make up their mind; either by saying that all the "bonds" and "IPO" stuff was just like in farmvillem nothing real - or, if they'd ever like to go to any court, they need to face the punishment for all the financial laws they have broken.

They will not go to any courts - face it.
Where I would advise them going to, is somewhere in Amzaone - just to hide as much as they can, before they can still leave the country Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: