Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 06:23:16 PM

I guess the solo problem is totally fixed. Found of DigitalcoinX11 block.

NeoScrypt--

There is suspicion that NeoScrypt algo is still not working.  It may be due to a problem that lies in the wallet.  I haven't been able to solo-mine FeatherCoin.  I will try another NeoScrypt coin, OrbitCoin, later today.

--scryptr

sp_ just merged my PR adding a new flag "--broken-neo-wallet" to work around the known issue of the malformed data parameter.  So that will be available in 70, whenever it's cut.  There may be some other problems though, as I never saw any GPU status updates after soloing PhoenixCoin for ~1hr.

RELEASE 70--

I will wait for the release of the merged code.  I just tried release dot 69 with the OrbitCoin wallet, and mining did not start, although I did not receive any red communication errors.  NeoScrypt can wait for the next release.  Perhaps some communication with the NeoScrypt developer team is in order.

I am going to see how much VertCoin i can solomine.  It just works.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1109

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:09:38 PM

who here can confirm any working miner for lyra2v2 algo coin solo-mining?

I'm found a 2 blocks of VTC.

FIX CONFIRMED FOR VERTCOIN--

I found a block after a few hours of mining:

6x GTX 750ti rig solo-mining VTC finds first block with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

After I find a couple more blocks, I'll post a pic of the wallet.  The mined blocks take 120 block confirmations to mature.  I won't always be able to capture the mining console as in the above pic, but this first block will be matched on the wallet capture.

--scryptr

EDIT:

VertCoin wallet with first three 50-coin blocks found by solomining.

The lowest (oldest) block that has been found is now mature.  The crossed hammers indicate that the blocks were found by mining.

4x GTX 970 rig finds a block of VTC with sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.

While I was editing this, a third block posted to the wallet.  Smiley

--scryptr

Nice to know Lyra2RE is optimized for nvidias.

Nice rigs! I really liked the GPU temps in the miner, it comes in handy!

If I had free electricity here I would put my 4x980Ti for mining for sure!

Cheers
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:26:55 AM

Nicehash is anonymous. No one knows who is mining on a BTC address besides Nicehash itself unless you advertise it, same with multipools. I highly doubt devs will ever change their donation address unless they lose their wallet as it's impossible to change all the posts with it.

It seems as though you're trying to take advantage of donating time. Who controls the pool you're talking about? All of this can be done without a specialized pool. This all kinda smells like a business plan..
funny that you say that, because Nicehash IS a business plan  Grin (actually, from time to time it almost seems that this thread is about NiceHash... while it isn't the best choice for mining a coin or just for a coin you want to support...).

Yeah? Not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. Chy is attempting to set up something regarding donations, it should always be donations, not a way to funnel away mining time from people who are donating hashtime to devs.

And yup, mining has definitely moved away from single coins and on to algorithms. On occasion you end up mining single coins, but for the most part you seem to be contributing to someone else that wants to pay a premium to mine certain coins. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting a coin, but I'd say the majority of miners that take it seriously don't play around.

In this case Nicehash just happens to be the easiest to use service for a voluntary or involuntary mining fee. It's all already setup and can handle larges amount of hash. There are some multipools that can also handle it. Devs can setup a personal pool if they want, but what seems to be the trend in this thread is the more 'effort' that has to be put into anything the less likely devs are going to agree with it.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:10:11 AM

Nicehash is anonymous. No one knows who is mining on a BTC address besides Nicehash itself unless you advertise it, same with multipools. I highly doubt devs will ever change their donation address unless they lose their wallet as it's impossible to change all the posts with it.

It seems as though you're trying to take advantage of donating time. Who controls the pool you're talking about? All of this can be done without a specialized pool. This all kinda smells like a business plan..
funny that you say that, because Nicehash IS a business plan  Grin (actually, from time to time it almost seems that this thread is about NiceHash... while it isn't the best choice for mining a coin or just for a coin you want to support...).

Yeah? Not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. Chy is attempting to set up something regarding donations, it should always be donations, not a way to funnel away mining time from people who are donating hashtime to devs.

And yup, mining has definitely moved away from single coins and on to algorithms. On occasion you end up mining single coins, but for the most part you seem to be contributing to someone else that wants to pay a premium to mine certain coins. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting a coin, but I'd say the majority of miners that take it seriously don't play around.

In this case Nicehash just happens to be the easiest to use service for a voluntary or involuntary mining fee. It's all already setup and can handle larges amount of hash. There are some multipools that can also handle it. Devs can setup a personal pool if they want, but what seems to be the trend in this thread is the more 'effort' that has to be put into anything the less likely devs are going to agree with it.

and that is the whole point ...

it is NOT a way to 'funnel' hashtime ... it is ANOTHER WAY of doanting to the devs ...

and so you are saying that i dont take this seriously? ... and thefarm is one of the larger nvidia farms? ... i take it damn serious - which is one of the reasons it exists ... its all about options - not 'funneling' ...

but you know - you will believe and say and do what you believe say and do ... its just your nature bensam ...

you were the one stipulating a while back that a company needs to be formed for the devs - and now you are 'smelling' that same thing ... which it isnt ...

you were the one pushing towards another way of donating to the devs and i have issued another OPTION ( not forcing anyone ) - and you have an argument about it ...

you were the one saying that nicehash is ripping people by the charges they make ( contradicting the first point about forming a company for the devs ) - and now your backing that same company that we are 'funneling' the miners hashrates ...

im a miner to my CORE ... i have always been - and i will ALWAYS ... its why thefarm is the size it it now - and will contuinue to grow ...

i have used sgminer - ccminer - cudaminer ( in the early days ) - and the different incarnations that come out from time to time ...

there will never be a time that anything 'shady' will be going on - no matter how hard you push that matter ... your contradictions are constant and your accusations are ( not only unfounded but ) completely and utterly false ...

what i have setup is an OPTION ... use it or dont ... thats the crux of it ... NONE of the hash goes anywhere else but the devs address - none of it ... dont trust that? ... kool ... dont mine using the links ...

when you accuse ANYONE of 'funneling' - you are simply stating that no one has a choice in it and that the hashrates they supply is forced ... its NOT ... everyone has a choice - and this is another option they can look at to help with donations to the devs ... there are STILL people donating directly to the btc addresses of the devs here - not just sp ... is that funneling their hashrate also? ...

ill continue to try and add value the best way i can - while you bitch and make nonsensical judgements ... making paradoxical statements is a pasttime of yours obviously ...

if you actually had CONTSRUCTIVE criticism - instead of outright ( as well as round about ) accusations of things that arent there - then i could look at it and improve or adjust the system ... but you dont ... you never really have - even when the devs are trying to make a dollar you bash them for trying because YOU dont agree with the way THEY do it ...

TOUGH! ... its THEIR code - its THEIR time - its THEIR effort you are using for YOUR own advantage AND bashing them for it at the same time ...

you have bashed djm34 for trying to make a living ( private miners ) ...
you have bashed wolf0 for trying to make a living ( private miners ) ...
you have bashed sp for trying to make a living ( private miners ) ...

and now your bashing me for trying to help the devs via community coalition ... and im not making a damn cent out of any of this ... im doing it all for the passion of it ... im so glad you have proven yourself over and over again how much of a spineless twat you are ... bagging everyone but never taking responsibility OR taking action to DO something about it ...

now that we have hijacked sp's thread over this crap you keep bringing up ( and in so many other threads like spreadcoin - of which sp has a private miner as well - DUH! ) - i will apologise for that ... but people like you bensam are just as much to blame for the inherent failings of crypto - as the 'fudsters' that exists in life 'just because they can' ... meanwhile - there are those of us that are trying to make things better - make things easier - and make a living as well ... why dont you help also? ... or is that too difficult to do for you - and bashing those who DO and TRY and GIVE much easier for you? ...

just amazing ... sheesh! ...

#crysx

t-nelson

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:23:26 AM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

BTC:   1K4yxRwZB8DpFfCgeJnFinSqeU23dQFEMu
DASH: XcRSCstQpLn8rgEyS6yH4Kcma4PfcGSJxe
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:44:55 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 06:55:37 AM by chrysophylax

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

its always appreciative the work that gets done tnelson ... always ...

but there are the few in the community that have a knack of whining about the biggest as well as the smallest things ...

the premise of this is simple - dont lose faith in those that have faith in you and the work that you do ...

aside from the garbage that the few display - and aside from the lack of donations made - there are those that are looking at more avenues to make things like donating more simplified ...

as expressed in the previous comment - i have been a miner since the very beginning - so i take this VERY seriously - no matter what a clueless imbecile says ... so im making every effort to build the basis of a simplified way of donation as an option ... i have even previously purchased private miners i cant use ( windows based and compiled miners that dont work in my linux workers ) purely as another form of donation ...

and im certainly not the only one ... the amount of miners and users alike here that DO donate - no matter how small the donation may be - is a token of what the community shows for the work thats put in by you and others ...

thefarm ( the farm ive been building for more than 18months now - started as two gigabyte 280x oc ) is also a part of this project ... this farm was SOLELY dedicated to MY mining alone ...

but - thefarm has helped some of the community memebers with hashrates they didnt have - thefarm has been used to 'pay' in btc for work completed by those who have helped build the projects i work on - thefarm has grown and will continue to grow - and as such is destined for not only MY use - but will be utilized FOR the dbm system as well ... so in effect - ill be 'funneling' my OWN hash to the donation links ... thats why im working on the new larger server this weekend ... and the project is far from finished ...

one of the devs ( i am not at liberty to say unless he / she wants to publicly voice ) is helping along with the development of that side of the project ... he / she is a good dev and a great person - who wants to see things like community coalition work well ... after all - community really is commUNITY ...

many others of the community donate and will continue to do so ... but that is not a prerequisite - its a choice ... just like your giving of your time and effort FOR the betterment of the mining community ... its a choice ... while some bitch and complain - others try and do ...

your server will be going up today or tomorrow along with stratehm - depending when i can finish ...

i believe that if this is to continue - the community needs to get together ... which doesnt just mean donations - and paymetns for private miners ... it means developing a way of 'helping' devs in general ... what that is - im unsure ... im sure as hell not going to sit on my bum and bitch about it ...

its one of the ways of saying tanx for the work you ( devs ) have done - and thefarm will be the next way ...

everyone has their own ways of saying tanx ... and some just dont - due to lack of appreciation ...

#crysx

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:15:43 AM

It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...
It makes you wonder? Definitely the latter, you guys seems to have garages full of vidcards and cheap electricity. There is seriously no question.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:45:02 AM

It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...
It makes you wonder? Definitely the latter, you guys seems to have garages full of vidcards and cheap electricity. There is seriously no question.

yes...

I will work more on the private kernals and extending my farm. It's been 2 months since the last spreadminer was released to the donators. If the sum of your donation is more than 0.1 BTC you will get it...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:47:00 AM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

Thanks for fixing the bugs T Nelson.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 09:57:39 AM

yes...

I will work more on the private kernals and extending my farm. It's been 2 months since the last spreadminer was released to the donators. If the sum of your donation is more than 0.1 BTC you will get it...

which is WHY i am building the platform for another donation option ...

so if all you are going to do is work on private kernels - then its safer for me to commission for many btc to have those kernels built for thefarm ... where is the opensource sharing in that? ...

what we need sp - is simply an option for the community to be able to take - that is easy and accessible to the community to be able to donate in a more efficient manner ...

otherwise i may as weel just keep mining for myself and grow my own farm for my own benefit also ... doesnt make any sense that ...

how much would you think YOUR private kernels are worth? ... how well do they do WITHOUT the overclocks? ...

would you sell them at a reasonable price AND maintain the updates? ...

if the answer is no - then we surely do have a problem ... its no longer an issue ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:12:21 AM

how much would you think YOUR private kernels are worth? ... how well do they do WITHOUT the overclocks? ...

If my private kernal can do 8MHASH of quark on the standard clocked(750ti) you gain 2MHASH per card. With 100 cards, you have 200MHASH more than today. 200MHASH per day is $15.21 more income per day.

But If I spread it public, the quark payouts will suffer. I am byuying cards every week now, to increase my profits. Maybe one day I will make it my living, and then I see no point of sharing.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:15:03 AM

If my private kernal can do 8MHASH of quark on the standard clocked(750ti) you gain 2MHASH per card. With 100 cards, you have 200MHASH more than today. 200MHASH per day is $15.21 more income per day.

But If I spread it public, the quark payouts will suffer. I am byuying cards every week now, to increase my profits. Maybe one day I will make it my living, and then I see no point of sharing.

fair enough ...

so what you are actually saying is that no matter HOW much donations are given - they wont be released ... is that right? ...

or - the private kernels will be WAY infront of the opensourced one? ...

am i getting this right? ...

i just want to make it clear in my own mind eactly what it is you intend on doing ... thats all ...

#crysx

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:25:16 AM

Hi all

Is there any good websites where i can see what a typical hashing speed for X11 is these days with the latest Nvidia GPUs?

I have looked through this thread but there is alot all over so if any of you are hashing X11 and using different GPUs with the latest version of CCminer, can you post your typical speeds.

Just interested myself to give me an idea.

Thanks

Ian

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:26:54 AM

fair enough ...
so what you are actually saying is that no matter HOW much donations are given - they wont be released ... is that right? ...
i just want to make it clear in my own mind eactly what it is you intend on doing ... thats all ...
#crysx

The quark  hashrate rate is going up isn't it? Little bit bether in every release.
I have got 0.02BTC in donations for release 69, and DJM34 is complaining.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:28:05 AM

Hi all
Is there any good websites where i can see what a typical hashing speed for X11 is these days with the latest Nvidia GPUs?
I have looked through this thread but there is alot all over so if any of you are hashing X11 and using different GPUs with the latest version of CCminer, can you post your typical speeds.
Just interested myself to give me an idea.
Thanks
Ian

750ti: 3MHASH
960: 4,7MHASH
970: 8.1MHASH
980: 10MHASH
980ti: 12.8MHASH

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:41:48 AM

fair enough ...
#crysx

The quark  hashrate rate is going up isn't it? Little bit bether in every release.

it is ... and much tanx for that ...

but i see the issue AND am trying to do something about it ... same with quite a few others in the community ...

im asking these questions because they are questions that will determine the future of what will be the donation system ...

is this not a step forward to putting more money in devs pockets? ... or have some other sort of incentive? ...

is it all about the btc? ... or is there another motive? ... i would like ot know because if there is something WE can do about it - WE will ...

i come from a corporate environment - and the majority of the corporates backstab and underhand to get what they need ... this is NOT corporate ... and if there is a way of making it a more viable environment for you ( devs ) for the community as a whole - then we need to find a way ... admittedly - 0.02btc is a small amount - but its probably what the donors had to give ...

i can give that a few hours of mining with thefarm ( and i have many a time ) - and if everyone mined together - we would see that sort of figure in a few minutes ...

what im saying is that without some idea of what needs to be done - i ( and those that are the doers - donors and other devs alike ) are shooting in the dark as to what can be done to improve the situation ...

is there a better way? .. if so - what? ...

there is only so much i can do sp - especially on the 'open market' to help ...

unless we pay privately for a dev to maximize the kernel proficiency - and that would mean no one wins but the dev and the farm involved ...

if thats the way things are moving - then thats what is going to happen ...

what can be done to entice more donations? ...

maybe send you another 980ti as a donation? ... maybe to all the devs? ... Wink ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:55:59 AM

is it all about the btc? ... or is there another motive? ... i would like ot know because if there is something WE can do about it - WE will ...

I have spent a year on this in my sparetime to learn how to program the GPU. Wolf0 has been modding kernals since 2013. He started opensource, and then found out he could make a living out of it and stopped sharing..  
I will continue as before, release some small improvements to the public and keep some for myself. But one day I might quit my job as a C# programmer and do this fulltime..

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:03:14 AM

I have spent a year on this in my sparetime to learn how to program the GPU. Wolf0 has been modding kernals since 2013. He started opensource, and then found out he could make a living out of it and stopped sharing..  
I will continue as before, release some small improvements to the public and keep some for myself..

there is no argument there sp ... that is completely fair ... and to be honest - completely up to you ... you ( collectively ) are the devs and its all your own work - you can do what you want with it ...

what im asking is what can we do to get more people in the community to donate and share more of their btc and hashtime? ...

i ( and many others ) will help with what that 'thing' or number of 'things' that need to be done ...

i just need more ideas ...

need to think more about what can be done ...

#crysx

djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:06:20 AM

Of course, sharing something with public will never give you as much money as selling it private, especially if it is a "money making machine".

And making improvements for public doesn't benefit public so much. The fact almost everyone is forgetting that once some coder releases 2x speedup of certain algorithm, then global hashrate will go up by 2x thus making your profit as a miner (almost) the same as before. The only benefit for all miners is to slightly reduce the gap between the ones using public miners and the ones using private faster miners.

Therefore, global interest of all miners to support developers doing open optimizations is very low, as they gain almost nothing from all these improvements.

If I was specialized for GPU optimizations, I would sell them in private as well. After all, we are all here because of money making, aren't we?

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 11:11:17 AM

fair enough ...
#crysx

hmm... it just shows that making 3 releases per day and begging for donation for each of them is kind of stupid...
and seriously what kind of donation are you really expecting for a 50khash/s increase (what advertise each of your release, I let you do the proper math for that...)

At some point you'll get to your sense and start releasing only when you have a significant increase and have tested your release. (Releasing untested broken crap is not acceptable even at an amateurish level... and not checking properly what you copy and paste from my release and asking other to fix it for you either (which is the main reason why you got broken solo mining  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: