Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:05:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:19:30 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 03:29:57 PM by sp_

Please continue to donate. I will continue to optimize the most profitable algos

My adress is here:

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
s7icky

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:28:20 PM

Please continue to donate. I will contiune to optimize the most profitable algos

My adress is here:

thats a really big aarow
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 03:39:56 PM

Please continue to donate. I will contiune to optimize the most profitable algos

My adress is here:

thats a really big aarow

IT IS EASIER TO ARGUE THAN TO CODE--

Wuff!

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:07:55 PM

My adress is here:

thats a really big aarow

Wuff!

--scryptr
Grin Grin and I thought I was trolling...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
qaaq

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:31:03 PM

thx for new release!

Is myr-gro pool mining broken? I'm getting errors with release 71/72 when mining myr-gro on the pool:

Code:
 ccminer --algo=myr-gr -o stratum+tcp://stratum.dgb-groestl.theblocksfactory.com:9003 -u xxx.xxx -p x

http://imgur.com/vb8WA2s
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:06:19 PM

new binary

-lyra2v2 +500Khash on the gtx 980 and 150khash on the gtx960
-tiny speedup quark
-Fixed the totalhashrate output in benchmark mode. (copied from the tpruvot branch)
-added the --ndevs command to list the devices (copied from the tpruvot branch)
-Improved the whirlpool hashrate on the pool (return 2 nonces)
-Fixed myriad groestl on the pool

1.5.72(sp-MOD) is available here: (24-oct-2015)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

The sourcecode is available here:

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

I have a very strange compile error. I have two Linux machines, one running Fedora 20-64, the other Centos 6-64.
ccminer-1.5.72 compiles on Fedora but not on Centos detecting the following error.

Code:
nvcc -gencode=arch=compute_52,code=\"sm_52,compute_52\" -gencode=arch=compute_50,code=\"sm_50,compute_50\" -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I. -I./compat/jansson --ptxas-options="-v" --maxrregcount=128 -o x15/cuda_x15_whirlpool.o -c x15/cuda_x15_whirlpool.cu
x15/cuda_x15_whirlpool.cu(2781): error: identifier "UINT32_MAX" is undefined

1 error detected in the compilation of "/tmp/tmpxft_00007a07_00000000-9_cuda_x15_whirlpool.compute_50.cpp1.ii".
make[2]: *** [x15/cuda_x15_whirlpool.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/coin/miners/sp/ccminer-1.5.72'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/coin/miners/sp/ccminer-1.5.72'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Did some digging and found UINT32_MAX is defined in miner.h but miner.h is not included in
cuda_x15_whirlpool.cu. So I added it to the Centos source file and everything compiled.

I had no issues with ccminer 1.5.70.

I was able to work around it but the question remains why the different behaviour?
Compiler bug/feature?

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:21:42 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 08:23:18 AM by chrysophylax

Please, try to understand that we will opensource all the jobs and miners will be able to use these improvements elsewhere, so it is not only exclusive work for us, but for community too. We do not benefit so much as for example, if we had closed source miner that could be used only on NiceHash.
in that case, your bounties are rather small...

I would like to pay you 2 BTC to make an opensource quark miner that does 45MHASH on the 980ti. (50%) faster. This is not a JOKE. This is a real offer.
If nicehash is also paying 2BTC you get 4BTC.
is it even possible ? (I mean one can't increase the hashrate to infinity...)
Also I never looked much into quark because an other dev was already working on it (ie yourself...) and was working on other things as well.

Quark highly unlikely, except if you manage to throw out 1/3 of instructions.

But algorithm like X11 is seriously underpowered on CUDA and this is where we have our interests in.

It also depends which GPUs do benefit. A kernel (and settings) optimized for broad specter of Maxwell cards (not only 750 ti and 970, but also for 950, 960, 980, 980ti and titan) is of course worth more.

and this is why i have been requesting this for months and months - even as a paid private miner - yet to no avail ...
considering what you propose as private deal, you expect slavery  Roll Eyes

o i see djm34 ..

so a base of 0.5btc and 25% of thefarm ( a minimum of 25 gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards - currently 34 cards and continuously growing ) for 90 days is slavery? ...

thats an offer djm34 - NOT slavery ... 1.5BTC per algo ( 4.5BTC total for three algos ) that do not do much more than the public miners is NOT what i call a deal ... especially if i am to tie up thefarm ( and anytime thefarm increases ) for basically 3 months ... that will total a lot more than 4.5btc ...

if thats what you call slavery - then you value yourself MUCH more than i value you expertise ( and i really DO value and respect your expertise - but not that much ) ...
likewise... you have been promising a lot to devs, and delivered mostly nothing... (sorry to be frank...) Grin
(the mining address for dev which is never up and is a bad idea as it just tends to divide us rather than unite us...)
so as far as I am concerned, all this is just noise...

its down? ...

and so you KNOW its down but dont inform me? ... by pm or in my thread? ... it seems ever since i pushed it through cloudflare - they block a lot of the ports ...

but if you think its a waste of time - i can disable your server if you like - it costs me money to keep it up ... especially if you think its a waste of time ...

to be frank - it seems that your complaints only show the lack of appreciation to those that are TRYING to DO things djm34 ... if you are not happy with it - just say so - and ill shut it down ...

all i have ever done was TRY - and if it doesnt work - TRY again ... show me how that is detrimental to you - or costs YOU? ...

its ok - ill fix the links - and move them through cloudflare without the protection ...

had i been informed earlier about it - i would have 'fixed' the issues ... i have not had ONE message about the links being down by you ... why not let me know mate? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:27:46 PM

likewise... you have been promising a lot to devs, and delivered mostly nothing... (sorry to be frank...) Grin
(the mining address for dev which is never up and is a bad idea as it just tends to divide us rather than unite us...)

Hey,  few people have donated more than  chrysophylax.

He has bought my private kernals even if he can't use them (windows exe)

cryptonite: 0.1BTC
spreadcoin: 0.1BTC
pentablake: 0.3BTC

He have also run the entire farm and mined to my donation adress a couple of times.

I have probably recieved 0,7BTC in donation from him. Thank you chrysophylax for helping the sp-mod project.

appreciated sp - though they are the times that you know of ...

there have been a few times that mining went on as testing for thefarm needed to get done - and it was doen through your mining address also ...

its not much that went through at any one time - but it was something ...

the windows miners are never used in thefarm ... but its worth it as a donation ...

i know its not much as a donation to you - but its something that i can put towards the pool of donations that others give also - which should add up eventually ...

all who donate do as much as they can with what little they have ...

ill continue to do so to you sp ( and the devs we donate mining to ) - as will those others that donate to the devs also ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:49:57 PM

Hey,  few people have donated more than  chrysophylax.

He have also run the entire farm and mined to my donation adress a couple of times.

I have probably recieved 0,7BTC in donation from him. Thank you chrysophylax for helping the sp-mod project.
not a good deal... from someone claiming several hundred cards... (but hey if you accepted it...)

never once did i claim 'several hundred cards' djm34 - never ever once ... i would like to see ONE thread where i stated that thefarm was several hundred cards ... just one ...

i have always maintained that i am AIMING at getting thefarm to that stage - but NEVER ONCE have i claimed otherwise ... not in this thread or any other ...

this could be YOUR assumption - but has never been a statement i have ever placed in ANY thread that i have several hundred cards in thefarm ...

im NOT rich mate - i am a hard worker and struggle just like others here ... i also do 'this' as a full time 'job' ... which means any work i get outside of here pays for me rent food and growth of thefarm - granite - and the granite ecosystem ...

i will continue to do so djm34 ... for the devs and opensource community and the private community also ... so where you got that statement from is beyond me ... but evetually - that is EXACTLY what im aiming for ...

but i WILL state this much ... the dev that DOES help me get there WILL be the dev that benefits from thefarm being that big - i can guarantee it ...

so far - there are a few devs that are helping here - and those devs WILL be a long term benefactors of what thefarm outputs ... even though i have only dealt with them in the short term for a short term deal of three months - i have much longer plans for thefarm - which means those which have helped WILL be part of the long term setup ...

i dont shovel crap djm34 - i state truths and facts and MY opinions and nothing else ...

you are a VERY talented cuda dev - and have a skillset a LOT respect - including me ... but the fact is - when you disrespect others who are TRYING to help you by donation or otherwise - it shows a persona and attitude that is not only disrespectful to those that are trying to HELP you - but also shows a lack of care to those that are trying to help you also ...

i honestly never imagined you would be so callous and uncaring djm34 ... respect was all i had for you ... now you are showing me an another side of you that i never thought existed ...

if you dont appreciate anything i am trying to do to help you as a dev get more donations and help - then i am more than happy to strike you off the list of things im currently doing as part of the dev list - and keep you off the list for any future ideas or implementations ill put together ...

i WANT you here - and would really like to see things pick up for you and ALL the devs that contribute to this wonderful community ... as you have been a major player in the opensource and mining community for a very long time ... but as stated - if you are unhappy with what i am DOING - then just say the word and i wont include you in anything i do - all at your request of course ...

if not - then let me continue to do what i can - and help me instead of insult me and all im doing ...

just let me know ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 11:09:58 PM

new binary

-lyra2v2 +500Khash on the gtx 980 and 150khash on the gtx960
-tiny speedup quark
-Fixed the totalhashrate output in benchmark mode. (copied from the tpruvot branch)
-added the --ndevs command to list the devices (copied from the tpruvot branch)
-Improved the whirlpool hashrate on the pool (return 2 nonces)
-Fixed myriad groestl on the pool

1.5.72(sp-MOD) is available here: (24-oct-2015)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

The sourcecode is available here:

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

ill be back in two days ...

will test as soon as i get back to the office ...

money put down on a gigabyte 980ti g1 gaming card with 5 others on the list for purchase in the next couple of months ... this is machine will be dedicated to testing and mining ...

if it all goes well - the chances of replacing all the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards is very high ...

if it all tests well - the next 12months will be the rollout ...

tanx sp - and all those that have helped with the support ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:54:25 PM

My adress is here:

thats a really big aarow

Wuff!

--scryptr
Grin Grin and I thought I was trolling...

hehe Smiley

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:09:01 AM

not a good deal... from someone claiming several hundred cards... (but hey if you accepted it...)

never once did i claim 'several hundred cards' djm34 - never ever once ... i would like to see ONE thread where i stated that thefarm was several hundred cards ... just one ...

i have always maintained that i am AIMING at getting thefarm to that stage - but NEVER ONCE have i claimed otherwise ... not in this thread or any other ...

this could be YOUR assumption - but has never been a statement i have ever placed in ANY thread that i have several hundred cards in thefarm ...

im NOT rich mate - i am a hard worker and struggle just like others here ... i also do 'this' as a full time 'job' ... which means any work i get outside of here pays for me rent food and growth of thefarm - granite - and the granite ecosystem ...

i will continue to do so djm34 ... for the devs and opensource community and the private community also ... so where you got that statement from is beyond me ... but evetually - that is EXACTLY what im aiming for ...

but i WILL state this much ... the dev that DOES help me get there WILL be the dev that benefits from thefarm being that big - i can guarantee it ...

so far - there are a few devs that are helping here - and those devs WILL be a long term benefactors of what thefarm outputs ... even though i have only dealt with them in the short term for a short term deal of three months - i have much longer plans for thefarm - which means those which have helped WILL be part of the long term setup ...

i dont shovel crap djm34 - i state truths and facts and MY opinions and nothing else ...

you are a VERY talented cuda dev - and have a skillset a LOT respect - including me ... but the fact is - when you disrespect others who are TRYING to help you by donation or otherwise - it shows a persona and attitude that is not only disrespectful to those that are trying to HELP you - but also shows a lack of care to those that are trying to help you also ...

i honestly never imagined you would be so callous and uncaring djm34 ... respect was all i had for you ... now you are showing me an another side of you that i never thought existed ...

if you dont appreciate anything i am trying to do to help you as a dev get more donations and help - then i am more than happy to strike you off the list of things im currently doing as part of the dev list - and keep you off the list for any future ideas or implementations ill put together ...

i WANT you here - and would really like to see things pick up for you and ALL the devs that contribute to this wonderful community ... as you have been a major player in the opensource and mining community for a very long time ... but as stated - if you are unhappy with what i am DOING - then just say the word and i wont include you in anything i do - all at your request of course ...

if not - then let me continue to do what i can - and help me instead of insult me and all im doing ...

just let me know ...

#crysx

Please cut djm a little slack - he's really a good dude, but this is stressing out all of us.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, for your AMDs, you might wanna consider ONE Windows machine and a shitload of Fury cards. NOT Fury X, the watercooler sucks, and Nano has lots of limits with cooling. Fury cards have many unlockable to basically air-cooled Fury X ones.

The one Windows machine is for flashing them before moving to Linux rigs.

wolf - i KNOW djm34 is a good guy ... at least for the community and for coding and opensource in general ... like you and sp and trpruvot and klaust and many many others - he has released some damn good code and apps to ( and for ) the community to do what they will with ...

but attacks on me personally without any real justification after i am trying to what i can for ALL the devs ...

i know what i am doing is only a very small thing - and the future plans are only small plans - but its all i can do for the moment ...

those that have donated to djm34 and sp and devs in general - including you - are the small amounts that they CAN afford to donate ... yet no matter how small or big the donation or help - he is slamming me for even trying? ... thats not fair wolf ...

when i approached you with the offer ( and sp for the spmod fork ) - how did that go down? ... you or sp could have said any number of things - but a simple 'yes' or 'no' or 'lets make a deal' was the answer ... even if you THINK im a douche - you never made it public ...

i respect djm34 acumen in regards to his skill and expertise ... but the little i can do - is what i am DOING ... not just talking about ... the little those that donate and do - is all they can donate and DO ... not just talk ...

i know its not much and i know its barely enough to pay any bills with what you devs have ... but im not the aggressor here ... so slack should be cut both ways dont you think? ...

im trying to get thefarm to a level that can be utilized FOR the community as well as myself - as well as for granite - and pools and other farms ... this cant happen without mediation and deal making - and unfortunately in this day and age - without payment ...

respect is respect in any ones language wolf ... no matter who you are - or what position you hold in society ...

im off to the hospital once again ... ill be back in the office in a couple of days and ill be continuing work on the projects that ive taken on ... this includes the collaborated work that ccminer-spmod has become - and the optimizations that sp has made with the miner ...

you of all people should know that when someone attacks the work that you have drowned so much time and money and effort into - then you DO take it to heart ...

as for amd ... the cards are failing a lot and constantly need to be reset due to the heat and the fan failure of the cards ... ill be looking at fixing all this when i get back ...

ill have a look at the fury cards - and see what can be done ... it looks like i may need to get rid of the current 7970 / 280x oc cards to do just that - but we can discuss that when i get back also ...

the windows machine will require a full build - with the infrastructure that will be required to implement your suggestions ... let me know what you would prefer to work with - and i will do what can be done on my end ...

tanx ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:22:57 AM

Nice post #crysx
I don't want to hurt people, but sometimes I get angry and write bad things..
I love the french people. I used to speak french because my father lived in Paris for many years.
Djm34 is a very good coder.. His work on the neoscrypt and lyra2v2 kernals is impressive.

Anyway. Enjoy release 72

More hash more fun

Happy hashing

lawrencelyl

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:02:50 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 03:25:06 AM by lawrencelyl

Nice post #crysx
I love the french people. I used to speak french because my father lived in Paris for many years.
Djm34 is a very good coder.. His work on the neoscrypt and lyra2v2 kernals is impressive.

Anyway. Enjoy release 72

More hash more fun

Happy hashing

Emotional developer  Cool

Anyway, on my 980 card, I feel that I can get slightly better hashrate (50kH/s-100kH/s) if I max out the intensity:
intensity = 256 * 256 * 24;

Edit: Forgot to mention on lyra2v2 algo.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:07:16 AM

I am posting this here, because so many mining software coders gathered in arguing, just in case you are not following us on twitter or did not see it mentioned on NiceHash.

To all ccminer, sgminer, cgminer coders, kernel tweakers and code optimizers, we have plenty of jobs available for you. Please, check them out here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=jobs

Heh, those bounties are a joke, right?  You guys probably ROI the lot of them in <24hrs.

Nicehash is a cloud mining service, no different then a pool. They ROI based off of a miner fee, which I've been pushing for... since... well you know. If their plebs gain more hash, so do they. It pays for them to keep their customers in business, much the same that it pays devs to keep miners in business. Apparently their scope isn't as nearly limited though.

If you think they're getting the bigger piece of the pie, well, perhaps you should consider adding a fee to your miner instead of taking a straight BTC bounty. Here I thought people were complaining about mining fees making no money too...

This completely puts aside the fact that the improvements aren't REQUIRED to work with their pool, which is how they get paid.

I just went by what the help said, maybe I over looked something, but the --help said whirlpoolx --algo=whirlpoolx
Doesn't really matter was only playing around as a test. No real interest in any of those coins.
Thanks for your help.

I just added whirl (old whirlpool) in release 71. Run with:

-a whirl

This is the old whirlpool algo. You can use it to mine joincoin.

Yeah, I tried using this the other night, I didn't see a block in about thirty minutes or an accepted share so I stopped.

I have sendt a mail to nicehash support. I think I will release my 4.5 MHASH opencl quark kernal opensource for 4BTC.  Grin (amd r9 280x)
125% faster than the public opencl sgminer version. With some more work I think I can push it to 10MHASH. 10MHASH would be 500% faster than the opensource version.
Rewrite the branching / rewrite pallas groestl to 512 + some tricks from ccminer.
500% would probably cost around 10-15BTC extra to opensource.
I'm curious to see if they give you so many BTCs :-)

THIS is what a real company does... also why I said it's entirely possible for a company to be founded around mining development. It's just a small tip of the iceberg. I really don't think anyone has taken a look at how much 2% for a fee can add up to be. This is also how 'cloud mining services' that lease hash make their money.

Please, try to understand that we will opensource all the jobs and miners will be able to use these improvements elsewhere, so it is not only exclusive work for us, but for community too. We do not benefit so much as for example, if we had closed source miner that could be used only on NiceHash.

I would like to pay you 2 BTC to make an opensource quark miner that does 45MHASH on the 980ti. (50%) faster. This is not a JOKE. This is a real offer.
Also I never looked much into quark because an other dev was already working on it (ie yourself...) and was working on other things as well.

It doesn't need to. Cryptos are all relative. If someone is producing the same amount of hash per unit (say a 280x or a 970) as someone else, that's the baseline it needs to be improved over. Ideal situation is one where kernels don't matter as everyone gets the same hashrate. They don't need to go to infinity, they just need to be as fast as the fastest kernel, which definitely could be done as the larger the hashrate increase, the more time that has to be spent on development and the less return that is received. Eventually developers will find it really hard to improve kernels, which is the best possible scenario.

Quark highly unlikely, except if you manage to throw out 1/3 of instructions.
But algorithm like X11 is seriously underpowered on CUDA and this is where we have our interests in.
It also depends which GPUs do benefit. A kernel (and settings) optimized for broad specter of Maxwell cards (not only 750 ti and 970, but also for 950, 960, 980, 980ti and titan) is of course worth more.

I think x11@4,5MHASH is possible on the 750ti(50%), but it is alot of work. Worth alot more than 2 BTC..

In sgminer everybody is mining with closed source binaries. Why don't you make another bounty without the opensource part. The binaries can be used everywhere anyway.. To beat the closed source binaries is difficult and alot of work.. Remember that wolf0 once had his 70% faster x11 sourcecode for sale for 50BTC. Everybody complained about the price, but today everybody is using his work because somebody stole it and published the binaries.

Dash and the other x11 algos have a Net hashrate of more than 200GHASH per day. Wolf0's binaries have generated millions of coins to the miners.

Yeah, imagine what would happen if you took 2% of millions...

I don't think NicehHash's end game here is to purchase beer, but rather kickstart a competitive scene in the algo mining business. If miners go under, so does their business, that's why the're trying to stimulate growth with a injection.

I feel as though they really need to go outside of the community though and hire professional talent. It's hard to imagine them getting away from the greed and corruption in the mining community itself. I think they have the capital to do this as well. It's actually sorta interesting that they've chosen to offer a bounty on open source, rather then give out a miner with a 2% fee for instance.

In two pages we literally just saw meaty BTC bounties being offered and then the majority of the devs set fire to it because it competes with their private sales. That is the definition of price gouging.

People really need to take what a lot of the devs say around here with a grain of salt. Any open source or even public closed-source kernels compete with their private kernel sales and therefore they don't want it to happen. You can see the fat-cat big miners popping out from the wood work in the last couple pages too.

And yeah, I'm getting pretty close to shutting off my hardware as well. I hope after BTC prices equalize, vested interest goes back to alt coins, that's usually the way it works when there is a BTC pump, the rest of the cryptos get squeezed.

I agree, this needs a new thread. There needs to be more competition.

It's not my money Nicehash, but if I had the resources I'd definitely consider making a 2% fee public-private miner as a separate service from Nicehash (maybe with a .5% fee discount if used on Nicehash). The bounties need to be competitive with the amount of work it takes to make the increases too, which is why it sounds like everything is negotiable. Most developers really suck at dealing with money though (if you couldn't tell based on this thread), so it needs to appeal to them as well.

I'd actually say such a endeavor would greatly benefit the alt-coin crypto mining scene and would make you guys money as well. This is coming from someone who has had to restructure his mining operation two times already, from AMD hardware, to HD mining, back to Nvidia hardware, it's the same story every time. Private kernels are the ASICs of alt coins... Only there is no open market, so not everyone can buy them or even see them.

Hell, you could even make a marketplace for closed source kernels and make it so it drops into whatever mining program you want. People can see kernels available and purchase them there. THAT would even be a step in the right direction. Part of the problem right now is people can't even purchase the damn private kernels if they want to or know they exist.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:10:22 AM

You know DJM, there is a payment model that would scale based on the number of cards you have... it's called a miner fee. It involves a % which scales up and down. So the little guy with one 750ti is donating just as much from his one card as someone with hundreds of 750tis. It's the fairest of all models because of this.

You like double standards a lot don't you?

Please cut djm a little slack - he's really a good dude, but this is stressing out all of us.

Prove it. Words ring hollow, your actions are what make you who you are.

I can say I'm a pretty rainbow unicorn fairy, that doesn't make me one.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:25:32 AM

You're an asshole who loves talking about shit you know nothing about, then...

Yup, I know nothing about economics of cryptos or care about anything other then how much BTC I get paid in one large lump sum... and even then when people do offer me a lump sum I'll complain that it's not enough. You got me. (That is rhetoric and sarcasm BTW) That's the whole reason I try to cut back room deals with devs instead of knowing I'm not getting in their good graces to try and help everyone.

I know talking about things you don't like will make you hate me. I know that means you will more then likely never sell me a kernel, regardless of the fact that you say you'll whore yourself to whoever has money. I have a lot of money at stake here and I still do (whats left of it), even after you already fucked me with AMD kernels.

A miner fee doesn't benefit just me, it benefits everyone. I said I'd mine at 2% for SP if he added one to his miner. I really don't care if it doesn't include all the developers. I'd like it to include people like Pallas that helps quite a bit and everyone that contributed, but if no one actually wants to make a system where people get fed and instead no one does, I'll take what I can get.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:34:48 AM

Yup, I know nothing about economics of cryptos or care about anything other then how much BTC I get paid in one large lump sum... and even then when people do offer me a lump sum I'll complain that it's not enough. You got me. (That is rhetoric and sarcasm BTW) That's the whole reason I try to cut back room deals with devs instead of knowing I'm not getting in their good graces to try and help everyone.

I know talking about things you don't like will make you hate me. I know that means you will more then likely never sell me a kernel, regardless of the fact that you say you'll whore yourself to whoever has money. I have a lot of money at stake here and I still do, even after you already fucked me with AMD kernels.

A miner fee doesn't benefit just me, it benefits everyone. I said I'd mine at 2% for SP if he added one to his miner. I really don't care if it doesn't include all the developers. I'd like it to include people like Pallas that helps quite a bit and everyone that contributed, but if no one actually wants to make a system where people get fed and instead no one does, I'll take what I can get.

I don't hate you. I think you're whining about something that YOU want OTHER PEOPLE to do. YOU should learn to implement a miner fee, and then come to devs with a workable, MIT licensed, miner shell that needs algos. If you did some shit like that, maybe there WOULD be a good miner with a fee out there - and you'd get a cut!

Why should I pay you to take my money? How entitled are you?

Just to make sure you read that right. I need to pay money for then again have you take more money.

I have bought private miners. I have donated to people. I don't know what else you're looking for here. I'm not paying more money for you then again to take more of my money. I don't think we have a clear differentiation of our job roles here princess.

Look lets use Nicehash as an example. They provide a service, they get paid for their service with fees for using it. They realize that they're essentially employing both miners and coin traders, therefore they want to keep both in business. They subsidize their work by paying for better miners that are openly available to everyone, so that the miners who aren't sucking enough kernel makers dick will still be able to keep their hardware turned on... Which at the end of the day will benefit Nicehash as well as everyone else.

It's win-win, even if they can't rape the pie like you guys want to do. In the end you're burning everything to the ground around you to build your little shit palace in the middle of it.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:44:46 AM

I know talking about things you don't like will make you hate me. I know that means you will more then likely never sell me a kernel, regardless of the fact that you say you'll whore yourself to whoever has money. I have a lot of money at stake here and I still do, even after you already fucked me with AMD kernels.

I don't hate you. I think you're whining about something that YOU want OTHER PEOPLE to do. YOU should learn to implement a miner fee, and then come to devs with a workable, MIT licensed, miner shell that needs algos. If you did some shit like that, maybe there WOULD be a good miner with a fee out there - and you'd get a cut!

Just to make sure you read that right. I need to pay money for then again have you take more money.

I have bought private miners. I have donated to people. I don't know what else you're looking for here. I'm not paying more money for you then again to take more of my money. I don't think we have a clear differentiation of our job roles here princess.

Look lets use Nicehash as an example. They provide a service, they get paid for their service with fees for using it. They realize that they're essentially employing both miners and coin traders, therefore they want to keep both in business. They subsidize their work by paying for better miners that are openly available to everyone, so that the miners who aren't sucking enough kernel makers dick will still be able to keep their hardware turned on... Which at the end of the day will benefit Nicehash as well as everyone else.

It's win-win, even if they can't rape the pie like you guys want to do. In the end you're burning everything to the ground around you to build your little shit palace in the middle of it.

No, you would GET money - for having contributed... what? You'd get part of the miner fees, I meant...

I'm a miner, why would I get a portion of a miner fee? I didn't make any code. I want to use a miner fee as a way of contributing with my hardware. It's a donation. I don't want to get donated to. I just want to keep kernel makers employed so they'll keep making competitive kernels and a miner fee is the best way of doing this, so we wont end up in private miner shit valley where all the pub kernels are unprofitable and all the plebs like myself have to shut down and sell our hardware.

Just to set things straight. I would get NO portion of a miner fee. It's all for whoever is making the code. I'm a miner, I mine with hardware, I use the miner with the fee and I donate 2% of my hashrate. Preferably it would be split up among all the developers who contributed, but just getting developers to start accepting a miner fee as a alternative to selling private miners to big fat-cat farms is a start.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:01:28 AM

No, you would GET money - for having contributed... what? You'd get part of the miner fees, I meant...

I'm a miner, why would I get a portion of a miner fee? I didn't make any code. I want to use a miner fee as a way of contributing with my hardware. It's a donation. I don't want to get donated to. I just want to keep kernel makers employed so they'll keep making competitive kernels and a miner fee is the best way of doing this, so we wont end up in private miner shit valley where all the pub kernels are unprofitable and all the plebs like myself have to shut down and sell our hardware.

Just to set things straight. I would get NO portion of a miner fee. It's all for whoever is making the code. I'm a miner, I mine with hardware, I use the miner with the fee and I donate 2% of my hashrate. Preferably it would be split up among all the developers who contributed, but just getting developers to start accepting a miner fee as a alternative to selling private miners to big fat-cat farms is a start.

You're apparently not even reading what I'm writing, here...

Apparently because you aren't explaining things princess. I wrote two paragraphs on your one broken sentence. I'm not the one who isn't communicating.

I'm not sure what else "You'd get part of the miner fees..." would mean.

Nice post #crysx

Anyway. Enjoy release 72

More hash more fun

Happy hashing

As a FYI release 72 uses 20w more power per 970 for the same hashrate as DJMs build.

Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: