Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 11:58:18 PM

Another offtopic question: what is your most profitable card to get depending on your region?
Edit: where I live it seems the 970 has kicked off the 750 Ti off its throne a while ago.

I just simply spend way too much time on researching coins.

I have to agree with the 970. 85% of the performance of a 980 at 70% of the price.
The 750ti may be a little more power efficient, similarly priced and notably better performing
on lyra2v2 as the 970, but the 750ti requires more than twice the PC HW to support the same
hash rate.

Whether you spend too much time depends on how much profit you make.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:11:42 AM

Granted, I had a few but I have to say I'm completely lost sp_ if your comments were aimed at me as I have no idea what you meant by them.

nah. My bad.

This forum is full of shit.

I'm always open to non-shit conversations. Other than that, the 'Ignore' button is a great tool to make this forum a tiny bit better.

I say 'too much' based on how much hardware I have at my disposal, which is currently not much (~3kWh).

Not your keys, not your coins!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 12:22:00 AM

Another offtopic question: what is your most profitable card to get depending on your region?
Edit: where I live it seems the 970 has kicked off the 750 Ti off its throne a while ago.
I think you know the answer. Why do you ask?
I'm mostly curious about the significance of regional differences. So should I wait for the 980/980Ti cards to decrease in price or should I just stuck with the prices I'm given.
Mine and dump etherum(the donut coin) with the slow public kernals... works everywhere, and still profitable....
Ethereum was only profitable for exactly 2 days for me and even then only on paper since I have windows rigs and Genoil's windows miner had (and probably still have) significant issues with the dagger file with 750 Ti cards.

Yes. you seem to have inside information. No 750ti card need to load the dagger file... I leave it to the radeon farms. Free lunch

Inside information? No, I'm a solominer in every translation of the term and even though I've tried to gather a handful of reputable miners to form a coalition of miners multiple times (look a few hundred pages back, lol) for the sole purpose of sharing the most profitable coins/algos, it never gained any momentum so I'm as alone as I could ever be. I just simply spend way too much time on researching coins.

explain to me what your idea is bathrobehero ...

im interested in diversifying - but dont have very much support on my end either ... though my ideas are not taken 'kindly' by some due to their pockets not being filled 'immediately' instead of long term ...

thefarm is growing - and i am interested in hearing what else can be done with some of the assets i have at my disposal ...

a coalition was something i wanted to get together for so long - yet greed posses most ... some have the unfortunate and inevitable issues with keeping afloat due to the massive expenses that are accrued when maintaining a mining system ( let alone an enterprise ) ...

pm me if you will - or post here ... but i am interested in what your idea is for this coalition and what it will attain in the long term ...

which is where i always aim - long term ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 12:33:54 AM

Granted, I had a few but I have to say I'm completely lost sp_ if your comments were aimed at me as I have no idea what you meant by them.

nah. My bad.

This forum is full of shit.

I'm always open to non-shit conversations. Other than that, the 'Ignore' button is a great tool to make this forum a tiny bit better.

I say 'too much' based on how much hardware I have at my disposal, which is currently not much (~3kWh).

there is that talk of 'profitability' ...

i look at in a very different way - and ive stated before - when you sit crypto with fiat and compare them side by side - that form of 'profitability' flies out the proverbial window ...

im ALWAYS profitable - because my OUTLOOK is different ... it costs me to do anything in life ... so when mining is a project that i undertake - it is something im willing to 'spend' ( or lose - depending on which way you look at this ) in order to 'gain' crypto coins ... this means im always profiting in 'coin' rather than fiat ... to that end - its always in a 'profit' with all that i do ...

if i were to always compare / convert crypto back to 'fiat' - then im always expending fiat - and the 'profit' everyone talks about ( and it ONLY fiat 'profit' that is ALWAYS referenced ) is non-existent ...

the main reason satoshi created this form of 'currency' is to move AWAY from fiat - not continuously compare to it and convert back to it ...

another form of payment system - not just a conversion to a 'fiat' system that the governments ( and the puppeteers that control the governments ) completely and utterly control ... so many people lose sight of this ... it is another form exchange for services and products IF the provider of those services / products is willing to accept this form of exchange ...

sp thinks 'this forum is full of shit' ...

well - that tells tales in no uncertain terms of the status quo ... at least to me anyway ...

anyway - back to work for me ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

i look at in a very different way - and ive stated before - when you sit crypto with fiat and compare them side by side - that form of 'profitability' flies out the proverbial window ...

im ALWAYS profitable - because my OUTLOOK is different ... it costs me to do anything in life ... so when mining is a project that i undertake - it is something im willing to 'spend' ( or lose - depending on which way you look at this ) in order to 'gain' crypto coins ... this means im always profiting in 'coin' rather than fiat ... to that end - its always in a 'profit' with all that i do ...

if i were to always compare / convert crypto back to 'fiat' - then im always expending fiat - and the 'profit' everyone talks about ( and it ONLY fiat 'profit' that is ALWAYS referenced ) is non-existent ...

the main reason satoshi created this form of 'currency' is to move AWAY from fiat - not continuously compare to it and convert back to it ...

another form of payment system - not just a conversion to a 'fiat' system that the governments ( and the puppeteers that control the governments ) completely and utterly control ... so many people lose sight of this ... it is another form exchange for services and products IF the provider of those services / products is willing to accept this form of exchange ...

If someone is spending a lot of time researching the best coin to mine the motivation is simply for profit.
Otherwise they would pick based on a catchy name or some philisophical reason (Cannabis coin anyone?).
Mining for the most part is profit motivated with exceptions such as yourself who have other interests in
specific coins.

There is, however, a certain gambling appeal to crypto mining, particularly in solo mining where luck
has a larger effect.

As for crypto becoming an alternative to fiat, I have to say I'm very disappointed in the acceptance level.
I would have expected online retailers, particularly electronics, to be early adopters, but I can't find any.
There is a BTC ATM in town so I can skim off some fiat until I find another use for crypto. There is also
the issue of the shear number of crypto currencies. Only one or two will stand out from the pack with maybe
a few others finding niches but 95% or more will ultimately disappear. The only appeal of these doomed
coins is mining for a quick profit.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:28:53 AM

im interested in diversifying - but dont have very much support on my end either ... though my ideas are not taken 'kindly' by some due to their pockets not being filled 'immediately' instead of long term ...

thefarm is growing - and i am interested in hearing what else can be done with some of the assets i have at my disposal ...

a coalition was something i wanted to get together for so long - yet greed posses most ... some have the unfortunate and inevitable issues with keeping afloat due to the massive expenses that are accrued when maintaining a mining system ( let alone an enterprise ) ...

pm me if you will - or post here ... but i am interested in what your idea is for this coalition and what it will attain in the long term ...

#crysx

I did that enough already and I gave up on anything like that long ago and I'm just running my mouth at this point thanks to mixture of a few fine drinks and boredom. For that matter, I also long gave up on everyting else even remotely serious I've mentioned in both of the ccminer threads because I haven't witnessed a single agreement between devs (or miners) in any of the major topics yet. I'm not blaming anyone though, especially as a miner (even though I think I paid my fair share of donations) but I can see why someone would see this place being full of shit.

Not your keys, not your coins!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 02:05:54 AM

If someone is spending a lot of time researching the best coin to mine the motivation is simply for profit.
Otherwise they would pick based on a catchy name or some philisophical reason (Cannabis coin anyone?).
Mining for the most part is profit motivated with exceptions such as yourself who have other interests in
specific coins.

There is, however, a certain gambling appeal to crypto mining, particularly in solo mining where luck
has a larger effect.

As for crypto becoming an alternative to fiat, I have to say I'm very disappointed in the acceptance level.
I would have expected online retailers, particularly electronics, to be early adopters, but I can't find any.
There is a BTC ATM in town so I can skim off some fiat until I find another use for crypto. There is also
the issue of the shear number of crypto currencies. Only one or two will stand out from the pack with maybe
a few others finding niches but 95% or more will ultimately disappear. The only appeal of these doomed
coins is mining for a quick profit.

this is unfortunate - but pretty much spot on ...

the acceptance of cryptocoins as a form of exchange instead of fiat - is the ONE thing that holds it all back ...

the many projects i have involved myself in - and have taken on - is partly out of self-interest ( the 'gambling' nature per se ) but is mostly driven out of the benfits in the long term from what can come out of these projects ... so short term sacrifice ( at least for me ) is all part of it ...

but it is unfortunate - that the vast majority ( users and devs alike ) will only ever look at the 'fiat profit' in order to get something out of it ... and to that end - the crypto landscape will remain the same until the majority of people accept that the current mode of exchange ( government puppet backed fiat ) is simply not viable ... especially when its controlled ( and subsequently WE are controlled ) by the very few that own the vast majority of this fiat - and ultimately control of all of us as well ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 02:11:27 AM

#crysx

I did that enough already and I gave up on anything like that long ago and I'm just running my mouth at this point thanks to mixture of a few fine drinks and boredom. For that matter, I also long gave up on everyting else even remotely serious I've mentioned in both of the ccminer threads because I haven't witnessed a single agreement between devs (or miners) in any of the major topics yet. I'm not blaming anyone though, especially as a miner (even though I think I paid my fair share of donations) but I can see why someone would see this place being full of shit.

well - im still interested to hear what your ideas 'were' and may just be in a position to start something ( ie - DO something about it ) if there is a chance to ...

i dont drink - or smoke - or do drugs ... i am healthy and into fitness and have done so for many years ( though i have been VERY lazy in the last couple of years with regards to the fitness side of things ) ... that is to say - i am not affected by anything when i say that i too can see why people would lose 'faith' in the whole 'crypto scene' ...

but you only ever need that ONE to work WITH you ( just as i am looking for a dev to work WITH me ) ... and things may look a whole lot better ... which will ultimately reward those that are involved ...

you only ever need just that one Wink ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:41:54 AM

... can't even find in your way-too-long message the part which concerns me  Grin
anyhow.... I don't assume that people are bad or good, just greedy and there are many excuses when it comes to justify removing fees or stuff like that. (electricity, too expensive, profit not good enough, dev too greedy,  well anything can fit here: my cat eat too much..., ....placeholder-for-your-best -excuse.... etc... ).
And it is like hacked software, nobody who use them know how to remove protection but still...

That's what happens when you're discussing things of merit. Just look for the quote with your name in it and don't read the rest, or read the rest. The messages themselves are't that long.

I think most people would say being greedy is bad, in many ways. We're just playing semantics here though. Not everyone is greedy or feels as though they don't want to pay or a product they receive. Not everyone pirates movies or video games either, direct comparison to another digital product that's easy to pirate.

You will wait until your lyra2v2 kernal is not profitable anymore, and then you release it. Just like you did with Neoscrypt.

Similar to to the Bitcoin ASIC producers. They will produce, mine and then sell the used ASIC's before the profit is gone. In the end the small miners will always loose..
Closed source fee based miner with a small fee. (2%) to cover the developmentcosts could work..
But gpl licencing could make this alot of work for only 2%
To earn anything the kernals needs to be the fastest in the world.. (alot of work Smiley

Yup, kernel production for GPUs is almost synonymous with ASICs when they were released. The amount of investment to produce them is quite a bit less though and they're easy to reproduce (there is no cost in making more then one copy). That's why I'm pushing hard to make sure they don't end up that way, by crowd sourcing the continued development with a miner fee.

The only solution is a completely new, closed source, fee-based miner with completely new kernels written in isolation from the specs.  The resulting binaries would further need to be copy protected to dissuade reverse-engineering and binary patching.  How many people do you think would trust that?
Not necessarily.
My miner is moving towards being fully data-driven and so far everything is either MIT or zlib. In theory I would be fully for zlib but for a reason or the other I ended up with MIT. So there is (will be) full source accessibility, ability to rebuild privately, fully legal to redistribute as the kernels can be plugged in as you plug in a new map in a game.
To be completely honest the whole point of this message is to ask you to take a look at the license.txt file I've used as I'm only about 99% sure it's compliant right now.

can you incorporate a miner fee in the kernel? I guess not... nor you can avoid someone remove the whole fee code in the miner because it's opensource...

Already addressed this:

There is another option. Sell the compiled gpu kernals in a binary format:
(Like wolf0's sgminer .bin files)

This will be linux compatible, and the user can use a modified ccminer without gpu-code.

No Licesence issues, if the kernals are written from scratch.. (They should if you want to optimize them)

-- SNIP--

Dynamically loading non-GPL code into GPL code is legal grey area.  Not that there's any precedent for any of this stuff.

It also does nothing to address the issue of the fee being removed.

Very interesting...

What if you used the module approach and picked more plugin pieces, not just the kernels. You can wall off the majority of the open source code on one side and then make a blackbox for the 'tasty bits' like the kernels. All you would have to do is write the interface between the two, which wouldn't really matter that much if someone copies. You could do more then the kernels inside the box and add things like a miners fee. You would just have to make a API or a standard interface of some kind between the two.

Inside information? No, I'm a solominer in every translation of the term and even though I've tried to gather a handful of reputable miners to form a coalition of miners multiple times (look a few hundred pages back, lol) for the sole purpose of sharing the most profitable coins/algos, it never gained any momentum so I'm as alone as I could ever be. I just simply spend way too much time on researching coins.

No one would do something like that as part of getting ahead as a miner is finding profitable coins no one is mining to mine them before everyone else hops on the train.

By extension I'm doing the next best thing to this, which is trying to get developers on the same page and offering rewards for their work so we're all getting the same profit across the board, instead of a handful of really rich miners getting rich off of private kernels they can afford (or employing developers to make them).

Guys, what I'm suggesting by no means is a infallible system or one without disadvantages, but I think the advantages for everyone (except the assholes living it large with lots of money) far outweigh them. The people who directly oppose such a system are the ones with something to lose, which are those already milking the private kernel sector with their fat wallets (and I suppose the developers making them).

We just need some data points to get things rolling. I definitely wouldn't mind a 2% miner fee for a continually developed miner as long as it stays profitable and kept up with. CCminer already does this.

specific coins.

has a larger effect.

There are multiple fulltime jobs when it comes to cryptos which are already starting to emerge. Day traders which play the market, developers who make software (kernels), coin finders who have to dig a lot in order to find niche coins which are worth mining, and miners which control the hardware. They are independent of each other, but can be combined. You only have so much time to do different things.

I have a full time job in addition to mining, so I can't spend all day looking through forums for a coin. I used to, but with the rise of Nicehash (which happened some time last year), it basically obliterated my ability to push my miners on niche coins. Anyone can rent hash now and mine out coins no one knows about, so the information is much more important then the hardware for that.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:05:01 AM

Thanks for the link. It seems that 1GB of gpu memory for maxwell 1.0 (as with my poor gtx750) is optimal config )))
Masked_Immortal

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:29:31 AM

most of miners don't donate. fee based miner can be reverse coded by other coders.

so what is a problem with making a group
i am sure donators would donate more if they have non-public miner.

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
theotherme

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:33:51 AM

... can't even find in your way-too-long message the part which concerns me  Grin
anyhow.... I don't assume that people are bad or good, just greedy and there are many excuses when it comes to justify removing fees or stuff like that. (electricity, too expensive, profit not good enough, dev too greedy,  well anything can fit here: my cat eat too much..., ....placeholder-for-your-best -excuse.... etc... ).
And it is like hacked software, nobody who use them know how to remove protection but still...

That's what happens when you're discussing things of merit. Just look for the quote with your name in it and don't read the rest, or read the rest. The messages themselves are't that long.

I think most people would say being greedy is bad, in many ways. We're just playing semantics here though. Not everyone is greedy or feels as though they don't want to pay or a product they receive. Not everyone pirates movies or video games either, direct comparison to another digital product that's easy to pirate.

You will wait until your lyra2v2 kernal is not profitable anymore, and then you release it. Just like you did with Neoscrypt.

Similar to to the Bitcoin ASIC producers. They will produce, mine and then sell the used ASIC's before the profit is gone. In the end the small miners will always loose..
Closed source fee based miner with a small fee. (2%) to cover the developmentcosts could work..
But gpl licencing could make this alot of work for only 2%
To earn anything the kernals needs to be the fastest in the world.. (alot of work Smiley

Yup, kernel production for GPUs is almost synonymous with ASICs when they were released. The amount of investment to produce them is quite a bit less though and they're easy to reproduce (there is no cost in making more then one copy). That's why I'm pushing hard to make sure they don't end up that way, by crowd sourcing the continued development with a miner fee.

The only solution is a completely new, closed source, fee-based miner with completely new kernels written in isolation from the specs.  The resulting binaries would further need to be copy protected to dissuade reverse-engineering and binary patching.  How many people do you think would trust that?
Not necessarily.
My miner is moving towards being fully data-driven and so far everything is either MIT or zlib. In theory I would be fully for zlib but for a reason or the other I ended up with MIT. So there is (will be) full source accessibility, ability to rebuild privately, fully legal to redistribute as the kernels can be plugged in as you plug in a new map in a game.
To be completely honest the whole point of this message is to ask you to take a look at the license.txt file I've used as I'm only about 99% sure it's compliant right now.

can you incorporate a miner fee in the kernel? I guess not... nor you can avoid someone remove the whole fee code in the miner because it's opensource...

Already addressed this:

There is another option. Sell the compiled gpu kernals in a binary format:
(Like wolf0's sgminer .bin files)

This will be linux compatible, and the user can use a modified ccminer without gpu-code.

No Licesence issues, if the kernals are written from scratch.. (They should if you want to optimize them)

-- SNIP--

Dynamically loading non-GPL code into GPL code is legal grey area.  Not that there's any precedent for any of this stuff.

It also does nothing to address the issue of the fee being removed.

Very interesting...

What if you used the module approach and picked more plugin pieces, not just the kernels. You can wall off the majority of the open source code on one side and then make a blackbox for the 'tasty bits' like the kernels. All you would have to do is write the interface between the two, which wouldn't really matter that much if someone copies. You could do more then the kernels inside the box and add things like a miners fee. You would just have to make a API or a standard interface of some kind between the two.

No one would do something like that as part of getting ahead as a miner is finding profitable coins no one is mining to mine them before everyone else hops on the train.

By extension I'm doing the next best thing to this, which is trying to get developers on the same page and offering rewards for their work so we're all getting the same profit across the board, instead of a handful of really rich miners getting rich off of private kernels they can afford (or employing developers to make them).

Guys, what I'm suggesting by no means is a infallible system or one without disadvantages, but I think the advantages for everyone (except the assholes living it large with lots of money) far outweigh them. The people who directly oppose such a system are the ones with something to lose, which are those already milking the private kernel sector with their fat wallets (and I suppose the developers making them).

We just need some data points to get things rolling. I definitely wouldn't mind a 2% miner fee for a continually developed miner as long as it stays profitable and kept up with. CCminer already does this.

specific coins.

has a larger effect.

There are multiple fulltime jobs when it comes to cryptos which are already starting to emerge. Day traders which play the market, developers who make software (kernels).
day dreaming is so cool with you  Grin

hope basic hunter/gatherer skills are among your skill...
(yeah may-be after the zombie apocalypse, you'll be able to make a living with that... especially if you are good at throwing spears)

Genoil

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:45:40 PM

I'm mostly curious about the significance of regional differences. So should I wait for the 980/980Ti cards to decrease in price or should I just stuck with the prices I'm given.

Mine and dump etherum(the donut coin) with the slow public kernals... works everywhere, and still profitable....

I don't think there exist any significantly faster private ETH kernels. With your suggestions, I have managed to make the Keccak stages significantly faster, but ultimately the dagger stage clogs the memory controller and defines the hashrate. The algo was designed to scale with memory bandwidth, but in fact it doesn't. The sub-top from both camps perform just about as well as the top range. with the exception of AMD HBM cards, which perform even worse. Pascal will be the same I think.

I've also tried your integrated approach ("free keccak") but I stopped working on it as I figured out pretty soon it wasn't any faster. 

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:36:32 PM

I don't think there exist any significantly faster private ETH kernels. With your suggestions, I have managed to make the Keccak stages significantly faster, but ultimately the dagger stage clogs the memory controller and defines the hashrate. The algo was designed to scale with memory bandwidth, but in fact it doesn't. The sub-top from both camps perform just about as well as the top range. with the exception of AMD HBM cards, which perform even worse. Pascal will be the same I think.
I've also tried your integrated approach ("free keccak") but I stopped working on it as I figured out pretty soon it wasn't any faster. 

I don't think there are any NVIDIA miners that waste their hashrate on slow unprofitable kernals...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:49:26 AM

most of miners don't donate. fee based miner can be reverse coded by other coders.

Depends on how it's made. How easy it is to crack, how often the DRM changes (say if you have to keep recracking it every release and each release is each week), and how big the fee is. Using things like encryption, activation, and continued updates makes this a LOT harder to do.

More people have a private miner, the more likely it is people will release it, the less having the private miner means as well. This is the current system and it's offset with extra high cost.

Yeah, based on what I've seen, I'm pretty sure Ethereum wont get any faster unless there is some sort of compression mojo that can be worked into things to get past the memory bottleneck.

(yeah may-be after the zombie apocalypse, you'll be able to make a living with that... especially if you are good at throwing spears)

You're a idiot, people don't use spears in the zombie apocalypse. They use things like hammers, knives, or bows, unless noise isn't a issue. Spears get stuck and can't be maneuvered in close quarters.

Genoil

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:51:55 AM

I don't think there are any NVIDIA miners that waste their hashrate on slow unprofitable kernals...

If I had to measure that against the staggering amount of donations I have received so far, I'd have to agree with you on that one. Smiley

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 10:06:27 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 03:32:07 PM by djm34

Depends on how it's made. How easy it is to crack, how often the DRM changes (say if you have to keep recracking it every release and each release is each week), and how big the fee is. Using things like encryption, activation, and continued updates makes this a LOT harder to do.

More people have a private miner, the more likely it is people will release it, the less having the private miner means as well. This is the current system and it's offset with extra high cost.

Yeah, based on what I've seen, I'm pretty sure Ethereum wont get any faster unless there is some sort of compression mojo that can be worked into things to get past the memory bottleneck.

You're a idiot, people don't use spears in the zombie apocalypse. They use things like hammers, knives, or bows, unless noise isn't a issue. Spears get stuck and can't be maneuvered in close quarters.
the spear isn't for zombies, but for hunting  (you don't want to eat zombies, don't you ?) Grin.
Also that shows you are less evolved than upper palaeolithic men, who had spears with removable tip, so that it doesn't get stuck.
Close quarter fight with spear is possible looks at the 300 movies  Grin (not that they needed any as screaming was enough to kill their enemies... nowadays they kill their enemies by making huge loans... very effective no more invasion... and everybody fear them again... Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:34:09 PM

Yup Grin
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:02:21 AM

the spear isn't for zombies, but for hunting  (you don't want to eat zombies, don't you ?) Grin.
Also that shows you are less evolved than upper palaeolithic men, who had spears with removable tip, so that it doesn't get stuck.
Close quarter fight with spear is possible looks at the 300 movies  Grin (not that they needed any as screaming was enough to kill their enemies... nowadays they kill their enemies by making huge loans... very effective no more invasion... and everybody fear them again... Grin)
[/quote]

Yes 300 is a accurate representation of spear usage. XD

Ah yes, loans are quite comparable to zombies. This has been a productive use of my time.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 01:01:05 PM

Yes 300 is a accurate representation of spear usage. XD

Ah yes, loans are quite comparable to zombies. This has been a productive use of my time.
you welcome  Grin

(actually this wasn't totally in vain since you discovered that you didn't have to quote the whole previous messages... therefore I consider this as a big progress  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: