Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:15:02 PM

probably got broken when Vanilla was released... not a big deal to fix though...
(most likely not using the correct constant... or something like that...)
btw: whirlcoin is kinda dead (was never alive actually...)

yes, but the algo is being used in other coins. Joincoin is one of them.

With one rig of 6 750ti's you will have half of the global net hashrate of joincoin-whirlpool

Joincoin is $0.06 a piece and 9600 coins are generated every day. (576$)

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:52:36 PM

probably got broken when Vanilla was released... not a big deal to fix though...
(most likely not using the correct constant... or something like that...)
btw: whirlcoin is kinda dead (was never alive actually...)

yes, but the algo is being used in other coins. Joincoin is one of them.

With one rig of 6 750ti's you will have half of the global net hashrate of joincoin-whirlpool

Joincoin is $0.06 a piece and 9600 coins are generated every day. (576$)

I wouldn't go ham on that one, 1.07 BTC could dump the price to 30 satoshis because that's all the buy support that exists for that coin (https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-J).

Not your keys, not your coins!
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:01:11 PM

I wouldn't go ham on that one, 1.07 BTC could dump the price to 30 satoshis because that's all the buy support that exists for that coin (https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-J).

Agreed. But since everybody is mining the wellknown algos, there are small blockchains out there that can be mined with a good profit with little hardware. 1 year ago we had several multipools wich dumped all the coin they generated for BTC. With most of the multipools gone, there are some possibilities for the satoshi hunters Smiley

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:12:28 PM

Agreed. But since everybody is mining the wellknown algos, there are small blockchains out there that can be mined with a good profit with little hardware. 1 year ago we had several multipools wich dumped all the coin they generated for BTC. With most of the multipools gone, there are some possibilities for the satoshi hunters Smiley

That is the main reason why I have ROI well below a year; mining coins under the radar of multipools and plug&play miners. You should have just put a couple of cards solomining it so its market could absorb your selloff long term. Now it will probably get dumped though.

Not your keys, not your coins!
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:42:16 PM

That is the main reason why I have ROI well below a year; mining coins under the radar of multipools and plug&play miners. You should have just put a couple of cards solomining it so its market could absorb your selloff long term. Now it will probably get dumped though.

JOINCOIN--

I can't find a wallet for JoinCoin.  It is off the web, unless you compile it.  Windows only!       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:49:40 PM

JOINCOIN--

I can't find a wallet for JoinCoin.  It is off the web, unless you compile it.  Windows only!       --scryptr
probably a lot safer considering that wallet with virus are getting very common lately...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
nhutphan

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:29:03 PM

JOINCOIN--

Joincoin wallet

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737405.640

Sell GTX750ti - GTX960 - GTX970 - HD7950 iceq...
Please pm here.
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:29:33 PM

all my 750ti cards are BIOS unlocked to 64 watts instead of the stock 38 watts.  still no problems with power or risers burning up.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:25:31 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 06:45:47 AM by bensam1231

Before continuing Your accusations, please provide GPL license text that is violated when sending binaries over private channels. You can assume that user is asking and paying developer to make better code for him from open source code. Can You make citation from GPL license that is broken with this?

Oh yeah? He's making better open source code, so he can then open source it? Using a loophole doesn't make it right. You're not supposed to be able to profit off other persons open work without their permission, that's the way it works. Just because you do it in private doesn't mean you aren't violating it. It's like doing something illegal profit still makes it illegal even if you more then likely wont get caught.

Your freewill understanding of GPL license doesn't count at all. If You can not provide citation of GPL license that is broken with before mentioned case than You should stop Your false accusations.

Yup, actually went and looked it up... You can charge for it, whether it's private or open. So CCminer could easily add a fee to it and it wouldn't violate a GNU license as long as a source is included (which goes for private and public versions, private miners are required to provide source if they're built off of any GNU licensed material). DJM was spouting BS and I followed along with it without reading through the entire license agreement (my bad for believing DJM knew what he was talking about).

So there is no problem with adding a fee to CCminer, it doesn't violate a GNU license. So by all means SP, fee away dude.

Helpful link: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
theotherme

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:16:16 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 09:11:02 AM by theotherme

Before continuing Your accusations, please provide GPL license text that is violated when sending binaries over private channels. You can assume that user is asking and paying developer to make better code for him from open source code. Can You make citation from GPL license that is broken with this?

Oh yeah? He's making better open source code, so he can then open source it? Using a loophole doesn't make it right. You're not supposed to be able to profit off other persons open work without their permission, that's the way it works. Just because you do it in private doesn't mean you aren't violating it. It's like doing something illegal profit still makes it illegal even if you more then likely wont get caught.

Your freewill understanding of GPL license doesn't count at all. If You can not provide citation of GPL license that is broken with before mentioned case than You should stop Your false accusations.

DJM was spouting BS and I followed along with it without reading through the entire license agreement (my bad for believing DJM knew what he was talking about).
Don't project your own behavior on others  Grin
Can you tell me how long would stay a fee in an open-source code ? (hence the reason why it needs to be closed source... and most likely crypted... hence might violate licence agreements... I guess I will probably have to explain you this over the next 2 or 3 months...  Roll Eyes)

ps: If I spout BS this is as an amateur, you clearly have the world record... (and don't worry, your record is safe, I have no intention to become pro and compete with you... not that there is any chance to beat you...)  

edit: the article is interesting though...
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:08:05 AM

Yup, actually went and looked it up... You can charge for it, whether it's private or open. So CCminer could easily add a fee to it and it wouldn't violate a GNU license as long as a source is included (which goes for private and public versions, private miners are required to provide source if they're built off of any GNU licensed material). DJM was spouting BS and I followed along with it without reading through the entire license agreement (my bad for believing DJM knew what he was talking about).

So there is no problem with adding a fee to CCminer, it doesn't violate a GNU license. So by all means SP, fee away dude.

Great. Going step by step to the point. The point is that GPL license was created by very bright people, clever enough not to prohibit something that can not be enforced: distribution of binaries over private channels without source code. You can assume that I'm asking djm34: "Hay djm, please look at this source code, please compile and make it faster for me, I will pay You 10BTC. I don't need source code and I will not publish binaries, because I know that I will have to publish source code too, that costs 100BTC to buy it from You. Thank You." No license break.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:19:14 AM

Great. Going step by step to the point. The point is that GPL license was created by very bright people, clever enough not to prohibit something that can not be enforced: distribution of binaries over private channels without source code. You can assume that I'm asking djm34: "Hay djm, please look at this source code, please compile and make it faster for me, I will pay You 10BTC. I don't need source code and I will not publish binaries, because I know that I will have to publish source code too, that costs 100BTC to buy it from You. Thank You." No license break.

The GPL is older than a lot of people in this forum.

theotherme

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:45:23 AM

Great. Going step by step to the point. The point is that GPL license was created by very bright people, clever enough not to prohibit something that can not be enforced: distribution of binaries over private channels without source code. You can assume that I'm asking djm34: "Hay djm, please look at this source code, please compile and make it faster for me, I will pay You 10BTC.
you got a deal  Grin Grin

actually the article says clearly than in case of public distribution of the binaries the code has to be given on request... (hence our concerns)
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:53:19 PM

Great. Going step by step to the point. The point is that GPL license was created by very bright people, clever enough not to prohibit something that can not be enforced: distribution of binaries over private channels without source code. You can assume that I'm asking djm34: "Hay djm, please look at this source code, please compile and make it faster for me, I will pay You 10BTC.
you got a deal  Grin Grin

actually the article says clearly than in case of public distribution of the binaries the code has to be given on request... (hence our concerns)
                                                                   ^^^^
Of course. If published, obligation for source code on request.
Deal is a deal. Short at the moment for about 9BTC but I'll do my best at exchanges.  Tongue

t-nelson

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:00:14 PM

OK you toy lawyers... I've been in FLOSS dev for over ten years and have plenty of experience with GPL compliance.

1) ccminer is hopelessly non-compliant.  The core code is GPLv2.  It links to some dependencies which are mostly LGPLv2 system libraries.  A few of the algo kernels are licensed MIT, BSD or Apache.  So far, so good.  Now there are a couple dozen kernels with no stated license whatsoever.  The sources being public does NOT make them open.  They default copyright to the original author.  Using them in any way, without written permission from the original author, leaves you open to legal action.  ccminer linking to them breaks GPL-compliance and distributing its binaries is illegal.

2) Just because someone uses GPL'd code in some private project does not give you any legal recourse towards them.  You have to legally obtain a binary release first.  It is perfectly fine to use GPL code in something you never release to the public.  It is perfectly legal to sell a binary release privately, so long as you give the customer some means to obtain the code for that release.  The sources need not be posted publicly by the original author.  They can be sent to the customer via email, on a USB stick, CD or even printed on 100,000 pages and mailed, etc.  Additionally, purchasing a binary only gives your rights the the sources used to build THAT release binary.  The author does not have to give you SCM history and you are not entitled to future release sources without legally obtaining said future release in binary form.

3) As a continuation to #2; Anyone who legally obtains the source code to a GPL compliant project has the right to do what they want with it within the GPL licensing framework.  This includes modification and redistribution, including to the public.

So as djm34 has been saying, adding a mining fee to ccminer is a lost cause.  Even if distributed privately, it only takes one person to exercise their GPL rights to obtain the code.  That person doesn't need to even know anything about code to publish it.  Next some will remove the mining fee and use it privately.  Eventually someone will remove the fee and release fee-less versions of the code.

Taking the opposite side of this argument is untenable.  You think people will morally sit back and pay that fee if they don't have to?  Bet your ass they won't.  I'd be the first one in line to obtain the sources and strip the fee for my own use.

The only solution is a completely new, closed source, fee-based miner with completely new kernels written in isolation from the specs.  The resulting binaries would further need to be copy protected to dissuade reverse-engineering and binary patching.  How many people do you think would trust that?

BTC:   1K4yxRwZB8DpFfCgeJnFinSqeU23dQFEMu
DASH: XcRSCstQpLn8rgEyS6yH4Kcma4PfcGSJxe
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:16:02 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 06:26:49 PM by Epsylon3

i know one which will again "sell" our code...

Binary from my linux branch :
Code:
[2015-10-07 17:31:52] GPU #1: ASUS GTX 970, 11.17 MH/s
[2015-10-07 17:36:55] GPU #0: EVGA GTX 970, 11.32 MH/s
[2015-10-07 17:36:55] accepted: 152/152 (diff 2.446), 22.48 MH/s yes!
[2015-10-07 17:36:58] GPU #0: EVGA GTX 970, 11.32 MH/s
[2015-10-07 17:36:58] accepted: 153/153 (diff 2.846), 22.48 MH/s yes!
[2015-10-07 17:37:00] GPU #0: EVGA GTX 970, 11.32 MH/s
[2015-10-07 17:37:00] accepted: 154/154 (diff 116.602), 22.48 MH/s yay!!!
[2015-10-07 17:37:00] whirlpool block 201120, diff 16.099

Im not against that, but you should give a tip (or a percent of your tips) to the original (and active) authors... yes i talk to you sp :p

Was working on yiimp whirlpool algo

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:17:06 PM

OK you toy lawyers... [...]
How many people do you think would trust that?

@t-nelson: I think you'd find plenty of people willing to trust a completely new, closed source miner, as long as it was published/developed by a trustworthy person. That is the case with Claymore's Cryptonight miners for example.

It so happens that not a single person has shown interest in developing such a miner for the Nvidia crowd.
It is obviously (a lot of) hard work, and not certain to ever be worthwhile for the developer venturing on this. There's also various limitations of technical nature that result from a fee based approach, but not worth getting into that discussion, if we can't even get past the interest stage.

Wolf0 had been doing something of the sort (own miner developed from scratch). Maybe he can share his experience on this, and we'd get the point of view from someone on that side of the fence, someone that actually spent some time on a similar project.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:30:41 PM

There is another option. Sell the compiled gpu kernals in a binary format:
(Like wolf0's sgminer .bin files)

This will be linux compatible, and the user can use a modified ccminer without gpu-code.

No Licesence issues, if the kernals are written from scratch.. (They should if you want to optimize them)

t-nelson

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 06:37:27 PM

There is another option. Sell the compiled gpu kernals in a binary format:
(Like wolf0's sgminer .bin files)

This will be linux compatible, and the user can use a modified ccminer without gpu-code.

No Licesence issues, if the kernals are written from scratch.. (They should if you want to optimize them)

-- SNIP--

Dynamically loading non-GPL code into GPL code is legal grey area.  Not that there's any precedent for any of this stuff.

It also does nothing to address the issue of the fee being removed.

BTC:   1K4yxRwZB8DpFfCgeJnFinSqeU23dQFEMu
DASH: XcRSCstQpLn8rgEyS6yH4Kcma4PfcGSJxe
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:00:58 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 07:12:12 PM by sp_

Nicehash lyrav2 currently paying     2.6896btc ..Dropped to 0.50
Up to 0.9296 now..
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=14&l=0
The top miner just switched from mining quark to lyra2v2 5,4 gigash all NVIDIA. I wonder if he is using the DJM-34 version or the sp-mod.

This farm is making 3.274 BTC a day on this adress..
Pretty good..
No donations to the developers.
If you release your faster lyra2v2 kernal djm34, he will upgrade and the profit will go away.

Massive hashrate...

equal to around 1300 750ti's @ 40watt (52,000 watt)

But I think this company has some older compute cards. So the power usage is probobly twice as much as the competition. And all the rigs are linux based.

There are big miners out there. I can sell a 50% faster quark kernal for alot of Bitcoins..

The GM miner on nicehash is currently earning around 4BTC per day with almost only NVIDIA RIGS.
With a modded kernal he will make 6BTC per day. ($543 120 a year)

A modded kernal will ROI a 980ti card in 200days with power included.

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: