Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:06:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:19:07 AM

You are right .

I think as amph .
totoy

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:20:51 AM

You are late to the party with LBRY. And what kind of boosts are we going to see? One percent? Two percent?

Speed improvements where verified by one of the 0.1 donator.s (go6ooo1212)

Spmod #1 980ti 1467 core clock +12%

go6ooo1212 also got his 970 to mine @ 160MHASH. My kernal could be clocked higher than the opensource, and stable.

Yes got same result with go6ooo1212
980 ti g1 gaming
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:47:14 AM

Sp_ please ditch the 0.1 fee, we subscribed a few times for that amount for different miners but you always come up with something else we should subscribe to.

I am curently testing the donation code in the LBRY sp-mod #1.

I plan to release Optimized Pascal lyra2v2,skein,pentablake,x17 etc.. as well. free for the the donators in the past(but with a donation %). The sp-mod ultimate.

Sorry, so in the new versions whoever paid you (0.1, and stop) will have a new version with a new 3.3% fee on it?

I plan to release a pascal version of the other algos and include a fee.

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering about the pascal improvements. There's surely more space of manouver than this, unfortunately it seems not in dagger hashimoto.
Nikolaj

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:05:09 AM

So all this shit aside, good SP is finally trying to make a long term solution here... There is literally no one else doing this except Claymore. Funny all the people bitching about fees. I do agree though that dev fee and flat fee combined are kind of silly though. The whole reason for a miner fee is for long term support and so you can get all the smaller miners in there as well.

A lot of people are now running 1070s. You probably wont see that many people purchasing this till there is some headway made with those units.

Well, you're surely one of them, you possess at least 80 gtx 1070 Wink

You forget many others, like tpruvot and wolf (lbry).

The main issue is that there's a general statement about the new miner capabilities, but is it confirmed by third party? What amount reaches a 970 at 1478MHz with the sp "ultimate? 1?

I am curious to see the new results mainly on the pascal architecture, because of maxwell right now isn't so useful. It could have a month ago on lbry, right now it's mediocre in average. A 980ti heavy overclocked have got a power consumption in the 260W range, if not more, so the efficiency (MH/W) goes down, and so the main reason to buy a "faster" kernel.

If there will be released a public version with a fee on it, hopefully not more than 2% like claymore, I"ll make an article about the MH/W ratios, with tpruvot 1.7.8, 1.8.1 and the new kernel.

I have no idea what you're talking about with Tpruvot and Wolf0. Wolf0 is almost exclusively AMD and Tpruvot doesn't always continue to try and improve algos, also tends to work on whatever he likes, just like Pallas (Pallas didn't even bother compiling his M7 improvements for Windows). SP has a history of continually trying to improve performance across broad algos.

Not sure what Ultimate edition miner has to do with the Lbry miner.

Pascal and Maxwell are different, yes, but that wasn't what he first introduced... There are plenty of people with 970s still running that started mining before the Ethereum bubble. It still is worthwhile mining on them compared to trying and sell them on eBay.

Current miner is a 2% fee, regardless of all the random fees that have nothing to do with it you tried to lump in with it... It should either be flat fee or miner fee, not both as I've mentioned though.

Fack checking:

1 tpruvot coded a faster kernel before the release of the optimized 1.8.1
2 wolf0 did the same on amd, with wonderful results

I don't like the tone of these discussions, so please keep a civil manner. I would like to discuss just about tech, not colliding with others. Wink

You're right about sp, and it's a good thing that he's still here, but you also know that there have been many discussions in the past months regarding intensity settings, and the ownership of the kernels, especially between tpruvot and sp.

Sp have just responded you about the new pascal version, including all the other algos (pretty interesting, indeed).

You tried to lump... Man, you should relax. Take a break from pc's, it was just an example to all the others (that might not consider these factors)

Peace Wink
Nikolaj

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:06:59 AM

You are late to the party with LBRY. And what kind of boosts are we going to see? One percent? Two percent?

go6ooo1212 also got his 970 to mine @ 160MHASH. My kernal could be clocked higher than the opensource, and stable.

980 ti g1 gaming

Would you be so kind to post a screen also with msi afterburner or gpuz? (Before and after possibly, same frequency and intensity. If you've got a watt-meter, better) Thanks
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:12:29 AM

980 ti g1 gaming

Would you be so kind to post a screen also with msi afterburner or gpuz? (Before and after possibly, same frequency and intensity. If you've got a watt-meter, better) Thanks

It is possible yeah , Ill post some screens later , except the part with watt meter , because I dont have any connected to the rigs...
Either I'm not very satisfied of the results , but there is optimization definitely...
giagge
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:37:32 AM

SP new miner for Nvidia Pascal with lbry when released ? , and improvements only with lbry ? .

Thanks .
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:41:50 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2016, 12:03:23 PM by sp_

I hope to release LBRY sp-mod #2 on Sunday.

I will recieve my testcard  a 3GB gtx 1060 and I already have a 1070 card.

I am working on a dualminer as well. etherum+lbry. (etherum+blake256 / etherum+decred was already done months ago)

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
alrami

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 12:18:00 PM

2x6 pins deliver 150 watt. so you are drawing 40 watt per card from the motherboard. with 6 cards 240watt from the motherboard. To much load will increase the heat and reduce the speed. Sometimes cause cards to trottle, and motherboards crash or melt....

i'm use powered risers
can advise it to everyones

6pin can be set as 120W (same 3 +12V wires as in 8pin, he-he)
giagge
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 12:56:45 PM

I am working on a dualminer as well. etherum+lbry. (etherum+blake256 / etherum+decred was already done months ago)

Thanks Smiley , im very curious to know the hashrate for gtx 1060 3gb , in game is very similar with 6gb .
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 01:00:13 PM

Nice idea ! Keep us updated .
I would like to know Nvidia 1070 Hashrate and wattage
CoffeeCat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 01:56:49 PM

...on an old card. Not impressed.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:19:46 PM

0.1 with fee is insane for the 1070 owner, unless you can pull off a crazy 20% or something, and i really doubt you can it's not optimizable anymore, pallas wolfo and epsylon all agree on this...

Because 20% is crazier then 15%. "I know nothing about coding, but I'm going to flat out say you can't improve this algo." You're dumb.

you are surely retarded, 20% was just an example, and no i actually coded something in the past, if 3 dev tell you that it cannot be improved anymore, that's it

1-2% of improvement it's not what i call a real improvement it's a joke

And 15% is actual.

1-2% improvement wasn't listed anywhere, you're just regurgitating random shit you found in the thread instead of what SP is saying and other members who own a copy of the miner.

Not sure if I should even bother correcting you on using assumptions and hypothesizes as fact anymore, as you seem pretty happy being ignorant, but when it comes time to have a actual meaningful discussion about something of merit you'll have to take it else where.

980 ti g1 gaming

Sp_ please ditch the 0.1 fee, we subscribed a few times for that amount for different miners but you always come up with something else we should subscribe to.

I am curently testing the donation code in the LBRY sp-mod #1.

I plan to release Optimized Pascal lyra2v2,skein,pentablake,x17 etc.. as well. free for the the donators in the past(but with a donation %). The sp-mod ultimate.

Sorry, so in the new versions whoever paid you (0.1, and stop) will have a new version with a new 3.3% fee on it?

I plan to release a pascal version of the other algos and include a fee.

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering about the pascal improvements. There's surely more space of manouver than this, unfortunately it seems not in dagger hashimoto.

Fact check, he posted that three pages ago.

Fack checking:

1 tpruvot coded a faster kernel before the release of the optimized 1.8.1
2 wolf0 did the same on amd, with wonderful results

I don't like the tone of these discussions, so please keep a civil manner. I would like to discuss just about tech, not colliding with others. Wink

You're right about sp, and it's a good thing that he's still here, but you also know that there have been many discussions in the past months regarding intensity settings, and the ownership of the kernels, especially between tpruvot and sp.

Sp have just responded you about the new pascal version, including all the other algos (pretty interesting, indeed).

You tried to lump... Man, you should relax. Take a break from pc's, it was just an example to all the others (that might not consider these factors)

Peace Wink

You don't need to like my tone passive-aggressive condescending smiley face guy. Wink

Yes, and this is a thread about Nvidia hardware... Pretty much everyone here is running Nvidia hardware, we aren't even remotely talking about AMD miners as Wolf0 is not going to just magically come in here and plop down a super amazing Nvidia miner on a regular basis. It doesn't matter what he does with AMD hardware.

Yup 1.8.1 was a faster then build before... but now he's not improving it anymore. He also has the option of adding a dev fee or charging people a flat fee for his miner, and he did for his preview builds. That's his business model. I also noted that he made headway with Lbry, but now he's off doing something else.

...on an old card. Not impressed.

Before you waddled out of Ethereum, people like us have been around mining on 'old' hardware and still are eth baby. Three months ago it was top of the line. It's not uncommon and you don't need to be impressed.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:31:01 PM

0.1 with fee is insane for the 1070 owner, unless you can pull off a crazy 20% or something, and i really doubt you can it's not optimizable anymore, pallas wolfo and epsylon all agree on this...

Because 20% is crazier then 15%. "I know nothing about coding, but I'm going to flat out say you can't improve this algo." You're dumb.

you are surely retarded, 20% was just an example, and no i actually coded something in the past, if 3 dev tell you that it cannot be improved anymore, that's it

And 15% is actual.

1-2% improvement wasn't listed anywhere, you're just regurgitating random shit you found in the thread instead of what SP is saying and other members who own a copy of the miner.

Not sure if I should even bother correcting you on using assumptions and hypothesizes as fact anymore, as you seem pretty happy being ignorant, but when it comes time to have a actual meaningful discussion about something of merit you'll have to take it else where.

you don't even follow, just shooting retarded sentece like "regurgitating" and crap like that, sp said himself that the code is already good enough and it is hard to improve it

so unless he can pull of a miracle his miner is not worth it for pascal, not sure what the hell we are arguing about, you are as usual the one making random claim just to begin a flaim

it seems like you are that one guy that always seek for attention
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:41:20 PM

Three months ago it was top of the line. It's not uncommon and you don't need to be impressed.

Five months ago mining solo meant mining alone against the rest of the network, today it means mining eth only with clay's miner.

Sp, you will get my 0.1btc if btceur touches 508 today on kraken.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 02:43:15 PM

And 15% is actual.

you don't even follow, just shooting retarded sentece like "regurgitating" and crap like that, sp said himself that the code is already good enough and it is hard to improve it

so unless he can pull of a miracle his miner is not worth it for pascal, not sure what the hell we are arguing about, you are as usual the one making random claim just to begin a flaim

it seems like you are that one guy that always seek for attention

How is 'regurgitating', which is a word, make a retarded sentence? ...not usually going to harp on spelling either, but 'sentece' isn't one... Web browsers even have built in spellcheck now.

So because SP said the code was already good, he's incapable of improving on something good? Use a bit of logic. You're talking assumptions and hypothesize instead of fact once again. Something can be 'good' and still improve on it... Completely putting aside the fact that he said he DID improve on it and other people already confirmed he did... Yet instead you choose to randomly believe what a low level hate poster in the thread threw out there... and regurgitated it back up with no forethought or critical thinking.

If telling you to take time to read things before you write ill thought replies is 'attention seeking'... err I mean 'seek for attention' then I guess I am it. I also don't like people harping on one of the good devs around here, as in case you missed it, there are only a handful of them, even less willing to actually work on something that has a lot of meaning to miners.

I do agree it should be a flat fee or a miner fee, not both, pretty much all the other responses he got to his miner here were undeserved.

Just as a FYI, Lbry is once again earning less then ETH+SIA. It has been for the last couple days. Even with a 10% improvement it still wont be making more then ETH+SIA.

Just a heads up as everyone loves running things into the ground without looking at hard to see mining profit.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:38:24 PM

you are telling me that i'm talking about assumtions and speculation, when there is no guarantee either that it can be improved, nice argument you have there, you are contraddicting yourself

actually it's the opposite, there is no proof that it can be improvement with a great % of optimization

and no he didn't improve anything beyond 1-2%, he was talking about maxwell card(and i don't care about to be honest), not pascal, read again what he said
ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:59:39 PM

SP_ likes quick cash, who does not, be careful.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:06:24 PM

My lbry kernel sp-mod #1 is faster on most maxwell cards(compute 5.2). The pascal kernel is not done yet. I belive I can do 10-15% on the pascal as well if I have time. Your contibutions well help me to finance the job.. I will use 100 hours++ on this. The fee miner can help me to reduce the amout of work I do in my 100% position as a programmer, and spend the time to optimize your future profits instead.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:16:36 PM

you are telling me that i'm talking about assumtions and speculation, when there is no guarantee either that it can be improved, nice argument you have there, you are contraddicting yourself

actually it's the opposite, there is no proof that it can be improvement with a great % of optimization

and no he didn't improve anything beyond 1-2%, he was talking about maxwell card(and i don't care about to be honest), not pascal, read again what he said

WTF are you talking about? He literally said there was a 10-15% improvement and people have been confirming it the last couple pages, including a guy on this page.

So Maxwell doesn't count now? You're trying to make a moving target here. He literally specified that line of cards.

No one knows what you 'care about' until you mention it. It's not my responsibility to read your mind or type out your responses for you.

That aside, I have no idea why you think 10-15% improvement isn't also possible on Pascal, it's very similar to Maxwell and pretty much all other algos except for weird ones (like Ethereum) show about the same improvements from Maxwell to Pascal (around 90%).

Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: