Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:24:16 PM

True, you just needed to be faster and smarter than other smallminers. Still works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:36:39 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 09:44:47 PM by sp_

195  on the cheapest 3g 1060 in the book coin algo...sp-mod #6

The miner from the "Heads" is doing 150 on the same hardware and clockrate..

D...H.....

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 10:14:35 PM

195  on the cheapest 3g 1060 in the book coin algo...sp-mod #6

The miner from the "Heads" is doing 150 on the same hardware and clockrate..

D...H.....

HMMMMM, CRYPTIC MESSAGE--

Well, maybe the book coin algo is "-a lbry", but the rest of the message has got me stumped. "Designated Hitter" is a baseball term, so I think that I might be way off.  Oh, well.

Why can't we all just get along?       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:42:25 PM

well sad for, but for me instamining was the best in 2014, it always worked like i've said, i know it's not common and not many were able to take advantage of this

but i did not lost a single penny, there were coin that were giving me 1 btc in 10 seconds(panda coin instamine, i still remember when i found 50 block in solo mine, before everyone else), and i'm not even joking

and no i'm not saying there is volume in private, i'm saying there is profit(much higher than you think) in private trading, which is different

And it didn't always work, like I've said. Just like bag holding on shitcoins. There wasn't always people around to buy your shit or even want it, which is why I never mined coins that didn't make it to exchanges. That's highly, extraordinarily volitile. If it somehow worked for you, you were suuuuuuper lucky and should consider yourself so, but it doesn't work that way for everyone else. Not everyone gets to win the lottery.

Also anyone who says they've never lost a penny while speculating is full of shit.

Profit is pointless if there is no volume. You can trade one penny for two pennies and you're definitely turning a profit... matter of a fact, you're doubling your investment!  But it's still two pennies and pointless when you put it into any meaningful context.

Just like there are some coins you can mine with no difficulty, but they tank when you put more then one GPU on them. Volume is virtually synonymous with difficulty in the way they work.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:42:50 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 12:09:04 AM by antantti

I have a feeling there will be nothing to optimize anymore. Could be wrong though.

1GH rented x11 back then was ~480 darkcoin/ day.

6 out of 10 is enough.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:05:34 AM

whattomine was useless back then, the gems were the new launched coin each week, never heard of leafcoin?you must be new here then... i made 2 btc there in 2 minute of instamining

like i've said, i instamined the shit out of this place in 2013-2014, so i know what i'm talking about

then instamining was not working anymore because they learned and made 0 block reward for the first 100 block plus diff retarget kimoto gravity/temporal and all that crap, so everyone was using the rental with big hash to early mine as much as possible and speculate on exchange

still there was big early profit with some coin and random pumping/hype like for roxcoin(this was part of those coins that were pumped one time after they hit exchange, big enough to make a very good profit, then it dies), made 0.7 early, by early mining it when the reward was high

Oh yeah, the good old golden times for crypto miners when a couple of coins launched each day.

Spamming F5, downloading the wallet while also pointing all your rigs to the address of the wallet that's not even downloaded yet, starting it, closing the typical first launch bug error, restarting and watching as you flashmine the first X amount of blocks is a great experience. And it was sometimes stupidly profitable.

Bensam can't seem to understand that you didn't need to invest anything - other than time. Most of the time you only had to mine for minutes, maybe hours. That's hardly an investment in exchange for dozens of blocks. Most of the time you would have had to mine for days to earn the same amount of coins once pools launched and the difficulty ramped up - and you could earn that in a matter of minutes if you were one of the first.

I have all the wallets that I have ever downloaded and used which is now over 250 - and I mined some coins to most of them.

Not your keys, not your coins!
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:12:58 AM

I have all the wallets that I have ever downloaded and used which is now over 250 - and I mined some coins to most of them.

And I thought I was a freak.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:34:08 AM

whattomine was useless back then, the gems were the new launched coin each week, never heard of leafcoin?you must be new here then... i made 2 btc there in 2 minute of instamining

like i've said, i instamined the shit out of this place in 2013-2014, so i know what i'm talking about

then instamining was not working anymore because they learned and made 0 block reward for the first 100 block plus diff retarget kimoto gravity/temporal and all that crap, so everyone was using the rental with big hash to early mine as much as possible and speculate on exchange

still there was big early profit with some coin and random pumping/hype like for roxcoin(this was part of those coins that were pumped one time after they hit exchange, big enough to make a very good profit, then it dies), made 0.7 early, by early mining it when the reward was high

Oh yeah, the good old golden times for crypto miners when a couple of coins launched each day.

Spamming F5, downloading the wallet while also pointing all your rigs to the address of the wallet that's not even downloaded yet, starting it, closing the typical first launch bug error, restarting and watching as you flashmine the first X amount of blocks is a great experience. And it was sometimes stupidly profitable.

Bensam can't seem to understand that you didn't need to invest anything - other than time. Most of the time you only had to mine for minutes, maybe hours. That's hardly an investment in exchange for dozens of blocks. Most of the time you would have had to mine for days to earn the same amount of coins once pools launched and the difficulty ramped up - and you could earn that in a matter of minutes if you were one of the first.

yeah this is what i was talking about, you just need few minuts for each coin, some times even few second, it was hilarious and fun

and the risk were always zero, because if you missed one, there was another the next day with the same potential, but this was more true early in 2014, not so much in the summer

well sad for, but for me instamining was the best in 2014, it always worked like i've said, i know it's not common and not many were able to take advantage of this

but i did not lost a single penny, there were coin that were giving me 1 btc in 10 seconds(panda coin instamine, i still remember when i found 50 block in solo mine, before everyone else), and i'm not even joking

and no i'm not saying there is volume in private, i'm saying there is profit(much higher than you think) in private trading, which is different

And it didn't always work, like I've said. Just like bag holding on shitcoins. There wasn't always people around to buy your shit or even want it, which is why I never mined coins that didn't make it to exchanges. That's highly, extraordinarily volitile. If it somehow worked for you, you were suuuuuuper lucky and should consider yourself so, but it doesn't work that way for everyone else. Not everyone gets to win the lottery.

Also anyone who says they've never lost a penny while speculating is full of shit.

Profit is pointless if there is no volume. You can trade one penny for two pennies and you're definitely turning a profit... matter of a fact, you're doubling your investment!  But it's still two pennies and pointless when you put it into any meaningful context.

Just like there are some coins you can mine with no difficulty, but they tank when you put more then one GPU on them. Volume is virtually synonymous with difficulty in the way they work.

the only thing that i lost was some energy feeding my single/dual gpu, but only when the coin that they launched had problem, like wallet not working/no synch etc... and so a re-launch was needed, so you waste energy for nothing...

not a big loss, i've calculated that it was at worst 250 euro for the whole thing, while it lasted
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:37:31 AM

Bensam also started mining in '13. He understands how speculating works and that most of the time it didn't, just like bag holding. I know fully well about zero day mining and have participated in some of it myself. While there wasn't 'whattomine' as that showed up in 15~, there was Coinwarz and they were quite relevant towards the middle half of 14... but seemingly stopped updating their coins after x11ish and occasionally they add something new.

Zero day mining is quite a bit different then talking about volume and substantial volume in forum trading, which is what this argument was about. I don't know where you guys came up with the idea that I don't understand how zero day mining works or that I've never done it?

As I mentioned, Amph is fucking retarded and can barely calculate profitability. You need volume in order to mine a coin to any extent. It's proportional to the amount of profit you want to get out of it. If you want to misconstrue what I was talking about to talk about zero day mining, you can, but that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Mining normal coins isn't the same as mining shit coins years ago for a half a second when they first come out.

Those are just the wallets that don't have a installer and I've mined for any length of time (usually a couple of days to a week). I've cleaned up a lot of wallets over the years and I don't keep zero day wallets around for any length of time. My appdata folder is a complete mess.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:42:58 AM

it's your problem if you were not that fast and can not catch the coin fast enough to make profit, there was a setup to have(like folder of %appdata% already open etc...) to catch the first block before everyone else, besides a good connection

but for me it always worked, there was no profit to calculate it was all private, you seems to not understand this, because it has nothing to do with how many crypto you downloaded, it has to do with being fast before everyone else, so that screen prove nothing

and i think yes you wasn't that good at it either otherwise you would know

it was working like this

you instamine before everyone else(not always possible) but basically 90% of the time there were blocks for you, i was fast enough to catch at least 5-10 block on each shitcoin, this was already a guaranteed of 0.2 btc(shitcoin were evaluated much more before)

then you start immediately to sell it on the official thread, and it was always a win situation, because back then there were plenty of newbies who were throwing money at crypto, tnx to doge influx

some times you need to wait the exchange and dump at the first pump, then you repeat with a new coin etc... it has ALWAYS worked for me, there were no risk at all and all gain

sry but i made like 10-20 btc on this using 2 gpu, yes you heard right 2 gpu only with virtually zero risk, so the one that don't know what is talking about, it's without a doubt not me
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:52:10 AM

it's your problem if you were not that fast and can not catch the coin fast enough to make profit, there was a setup to have(like folder of %appdata% already open etc...) to catch the first block before everyone else, besides a good connection

but for me it always worked, there was no profit to calculate it was all private, you seems to not understand this, because it has nothing to do with how many crypto you downloaded, it has to do with being fast before everyone else, so that screen prove nothing

and i think yes you wasn't that good at it either otherwise you would know

it was working like this

you instamine before everyone else(not always possible) but basically 90% of the time there were blocks for you, i was fast enough to catch at least 5-10 block on each shitcoin, this was already a guaranteed of 0.2 btc(shitcoin were evaluated much more before)

then you start immediately to sell it on the official thread, and it was always a win situation, because back then there were plenty of newbies who were throwing money at crypto, tnx to doge influx

some times you need to wait the exchange and dump at the first pump, then you repeat with a new coin etc... it has ALWAYS worked for me, there were no risk at all and all gain

sry but i made like 10-20 btc on this using 2 gpu, yes you heard right 2 gpu only with virtually zero risk, so the one that don't know what is talking about, it's without a doubt not me

WTF are you talking about? Zero day mining is NOT the same as normal mining. Mining a shitcoin years ago is NOT the same as normal mining now days. I ALREADY mentioned in the last post that I have participated in it, along with a screenshot of my relatively clean wallet folder.

At least take the time to read someones reply before you make another misinformed post I have to ONCE AGAIN correct.

Turn down your dumbass a bit dude.

Yup, I bet you did. Just like you never lost money. Your Pinocchio nose keeps growing with every post while you jerk yourself off. You wonder why people give very little regard to what you say? Oh yeah, look at the former posts.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:01:08 AM

This shitfest of retardanism isn't why I came to the thread tonight though.

Lbry has been earning 10% less then Ethereum straight up right now, 25% if you include dual mining.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:16:45 AM

well i don't care what you think, if you are mad because you were worthless and can not catch any shit out there, it's your problem

the fact that you still think it has to do with volume, prove that you were not able to do anything with instamining

so see you with your next shitty reply, good bye
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:10:08 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 11:32:15 AM by Nikolaj

Well, math just speaks for itself.

You argue that in 2 years you've made 10-20 btcs mining with just 2 vga's with shitcoins. You now own a single rig of 1070's.. something's not right, because it should have been much more. I suppose that you've got some screenshots to proove your statements.

With an avg value of btc of 300$ in 2 years (365*2=730 days), 2 vga's (what tipology?), these are the calculations:
-10 btc's= 3000$. 3000/730= 4.1$/day, that /2= 2.05$/day/VGA
-20 btc's= 6000$. 6000/730= 8.2$/day, that /2= 4.10$/day/VGA

I suppose that we're talking of a couple of gtx 970/980Ti, as you can see this isn't much.

Considering the italian power consumption cost of 0.24 EUR/KWh, with a general mining scenario (not instamining):
GTX 970: 165W TDP, avg I suppose 140W (x11&variants, scrypt-n, blake, scrypt, cryptonote, ecc.). *2=0.28KWh. 0.28*24h*1.15eur/usd avg*0.24 eur/KWh= 1.8547 usd/day for both of them. *730days= 1353$ spent due power consumption. In BTC's 1353/300= 4.51.

GTX 980Ti: 260W TDP, avg I suppose 230W (x11&variants, scrypt-n, blake, scrypt, cryptonote, ecc.). *2=0.46KWh. 0.46*24h*1.15eur/usd avg*0.24 eur/KWh= 3.047 usd/day for both of them. *730days= 2225$ spent due power consumption. In BTC's 2225/300= 7.41

With a couple of GTX 970 he should have earned, based on his calculations, 10-4.51=5.49*300=1647/730=2.25$, that divived 2 it's 1.15 usd/GTX 970/day. With the second scenario, 20-4.51= 15.49*300= 4647/730=6.36$, that divided 2 it's 3.18 usd/GTX 970/day.

Considering instead a couple of GTX 980Ti he should have earned 10-7.41= 2.59*300=777/730=1.064$, that divided 2 it's 0.53$/ GTX 980Ti/day. With the second scenario, 20-7.41= 12.59*300= 3777/730=5.1739$, that divided 2 it's 2.59$/GTX 980Ti/day.

Raw calculations, now it's time to proove them with screenshots, putting proofs in from of your speechs Wink. With instamining and general mining, I hope that you earnt more than this misery, otherwise you've wasted your time. Combined, with 970's and 980Ti's you should have earnt at least 15/25 BTC's, if not at least from 20 to 40.

What I don't understand it's not how much you've made with instamining with 1/2 minutes on shitcoins, it's why you just had 2 vga's. This is incompatible with your statements. If you've found a gold mine and you try speculating it by starting mining, alone, with just a single pickaxe in 2 years, instead of starting a mining company, we've got 3 things: 1) you don't know how to manage such things 2) you're lying 3) your calculations are way off
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:16:45 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 01:10:59 PM by Amph

you guys are not understanding how instamining work really, you can't do any math on instamining it's all random, and it does not happen for a very long term, after summer 2014, the instamining and the profit overall declined drastically, and there was zero profit to be made until etheruem

instamining is done in the first few seconds or minutes of every new coin that was launched, after that you close the rig, so your math is useless here, there is no real consumption either

if you were fast enough to catch some block, the profit was assured, at least 0.2 btc per coin, if not, just wait the next one, you will only lose few minutes of mining per coin with a single gpu or two, this is hardly a factor for the consumption, consumption was basically non-existent

it's clear now, that you guys don't have a single clue about instamining

the fact that i have a rig with 1070 right now, has nothing to do with that earning, how can you connect the two things is beyond me

you can easily see me in almost every thread of each new coin in 2014, just look at the announcement section in 2014
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:34:03 AM

Amph is right . Instamine has nothing to do with calculation is pure luck  as at beginning the difficulty is so low that  it means you and few other people are mining. and usually big farm dont care of new coin so it was a race to who spots first the new coin and believe me back then it was new crypto every day. mostly x11 so nvidia used to rule. and no asic back then.

power consumption was not  to be counted as to mine few block with fast block time it took very few minutes ( maximum 10 - 60 min) so it is about  no more than 500w  (depends on how many gpus) that is even in expensive country liek italy 15 cents of euro... but the profit was huge. after moove to new coin or go back to the usual one Smiley
Nikolaj

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:37:13 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 12:02:44 PM by Nikolaj

Read, and maybe show some proofs. We're talking about fried air.

What I can assure you is that with a couple of 980Ti's you should have earnt a lot more in these 2 years, especially considering that if you keep mining at home with 0.24 eur/kwh after 2 years, you haven't understood well the profitability of these systems.

What I don't like about your posts it's that you seem having a monstrous, hyper-inflated ego. You remember me of donald trump (or in reality, drumpf). You've got a single platform experience and talk like you're the head of genesis mining.

You're not/wasn't the only one instamining. If you're able to understand the calculations in my last posts you can clearly see that they are referred to the general cost of mining, in 2 years (not instamining, that lasts 2 minutes at best)

Chill down, and relax.

Bensam is right about his statements, because of he've got experience with an higher amount of hashpower that needs volumes, but in your case surely it was possible to instamine with efficience. The main issue is that these are terribly technical discussions, with a number of ratios and elements that it's almost impossible to give precise answers. We could argue about the general situation and these, in my opinion, are the key elements:

- mining, insta or general, it's better if associated to trading, in the short (insta)/mid term (alts) than daily conversion
- the cost of energy wasn't compatible with VGA's in italy with a BTC/USD lower than 250/280$. Even right now a good amount should be at least 0.15
- instamining worked with a tiny amount of platforms, due complexity and timings. It was possible alone
- it's impossible to create business plans in this sector, especially with high infrastructure costs and the impossibility to generate current directly
- it requires TON'S of experience, especially in solo-mining before the release of pools, and in the exchanges
- mining it shouldn't be an hobby, if it's not associated to a basic stream of profits. It requires time, efficiency, investments in the infrastructure (not generating profits in a direct way), it could become like a black hole in your life (girlfriend anyone/childs here?)

I'm just saying what it's obvious, but let the newbies understand such things, to not make false investments or waste time, and energy.

Nikolaj

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:42:19 AM

Amph is right . Instamine has nothing to do with calculation is pure luck  as at beginning the difficulty is so low that  it means you and few other people are mining. and usually big farm dont care of new coin so it was a race to who spots first the new coin and believe me back then it was new crypto every day. mostly x11 so nvidia used to rule. and no asic back then.

power consumption was not  to be counted as to mine few block with fast block time it took very few minutes ( maximum 10 - 60 min) so it is about  no more than 500w  (depends on how many gpus) that is even in expensive country liek italy 15 cents of euro... but the profit was huge. after moove to new coin or go back to the usual one Smiley

Hi

why not quoting the post? You'll find the answers. You're all capable to re-to the math  Wink

With Lbry alone and a single 980Ti, to make an example to all the newbies, at the beginning it was capable of earning up to 7$/Day gross. Right now it's 0.77$/day net
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:02:43 PM

With sia i got 3 BTC in just one day with a single card.
It wasn't just instamining though, I also made a 9x miner.

Nikolaj

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:07:32 PM

With sia i got 3 BTC in just one day with a single card.
It wasn't just instamining though, I also made a 9x miner.

+1  Wink

In your case it's a bit different than with ordinary end-users, but these are the real potentials of these systems, not 0.2 BTC with a single VGA (especially  considering the long period at 230/260$)
Pages: « 1 ... 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: