Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:46:11 AM

I used to get on these when it was  420 on blocks. Wish i has kept the most of them.  Cry

i'm very glad you didn't   ...  HODLing for about  a year now   Tongue Cool

Rather than post something like that.  A better way is to answer these questions:  

1)  Rate the job of the CannabisCoin team from 1 to 10, and discuss why you think so.

2)  What do you think the CannabisCoin team should be doing to improve the project and move forward?

meh.  i wasn't complaining.  the team here could prolly use more support and less criticism

not sayin criticism is a bad thing, have you hugged a tROLL lately?

i want to hear more from the fringes abt ppl helping spread crypto-awareness to the mainstream.

when more peeps understand the value of what satoshi gave us, we gonna fly ...

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:25:24 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 08:57:01 AM by SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Oh, they let Jamie boy out again...

Hi James, still haven't got over any of your mania, I see.

For those unfamiliar (lucky blighters) James is a serial pest with a conspiracy mania.

Poor James never notices that no one is being asked to purchase/put any funds into CannabisCoin, that attempts to pump the coin are suppressed as much as possible or that there is a stated policy of information release only ex post facto to minimize opportunity for coin hype and hopefully ward off pump & dump efforts.

I'm thinking of starting a pool - just for fun - "How many sock puppet personas will James use in this episode's attack swarm?"

He has a drawer full of sock puppet accounts, some old favorites have racked up 30-50 posts now. A couple of "oldie but goodie" accounts must be up in the hundreds of posts by now, right James?

Oh lol at this coin is now a mockery and your seams are leaking more then ever.

Tokeweed is a long time supporter yet you resort to bashing him and bullying online to try and force him to hush hush.... now im sure he's feeling a little of your teams "tactics"...

This coin has lacked transparency since the day they pre-mined the coin and told everyone it was payed out to miners.

The truth is this coin is a huge market scam with bold face lie after lie.... and NO FOLLOW THROUGH

Thai Doan (D9, deltanine, deltaninedev) a.k.a. this coins coward will tell you anything you want to hear for you to hand over your money and lead you on for as long as you will follow or drop off...

This was a pure hype, pump & dump scam and responsibility dumped on b4zz4 to keep PR and speak a 1/2 page of longwinded garbage nobody cares to read.

Theres about 5+ million coins sitting in the dev's wallet for that last final dump and exit... be warned and informed...

open source this coin.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cann/wallet.dws?134355.htm

Why you insist on attack CANN is beyond me, there are plenty of actual pump and dump coins out there to attack. This coin has had real developments in the virtual and physical world...Key word physical, something most coins will never achieve. I will not sit idly by and let you tromp over an idea that I hold to my heart and believe in fully. We don't need your attitude here and quite frankly we don't fucking want it. Just leave. Keep your trash spam elsewhere.

Edit: Just did some quick little research about your little block explorer link to the address and guess what... You prove nothing. CANN was Created before October 22 2014 which is the date of payment for the 5m or so CANN. Just a week before on Crypty's network there was a total of 8 million CANN traded. The address was created after the first phase of mining. What you are showing us is some one holding 5 million CANN nothing more. Now leave with your false accusations. A little research goes a long way...

Cheers!
SGT

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:38:18 AM

I used to get on these when it was  420 on blocks. Wish i has kept the most of them.  Cry

i'm very glad you didn't   ...  HODLing for about  a year now   Tongue Cool

Rather than post something like that.  A better way is to answer these questions:  

1)  Rate the job of the CannabisCoin team from 1 to 10, and discuss why you think so.

2)  What do you think the CannabisCoin team should be doing to improve the project and move forward?

meh.  i wasn't complaining.  the team here could prolly use more support and less criticism

not sayin criticism is a bad thing, have you hugged a tROLL lately?

i want to hear more from the fringes abt ppl helping spread crypto-awareness to the mainstream.

when more peeps understand the value of what satoshi gave us, we gonna fly ...

Support is always good.  Supporting blindly is idiotic.  We are a community.  We should always express our thoughts, but in a more constructive manner.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:40:56 AM

Just noticed from the post above.  I'm curious.  Isn't Cannabiscoin open source?  If not, when will it be open source?  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:19:57 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 11:51:32 AM by B4zz4

Just noticed from the post above.  I'm curious.  Isn't Cannabiscoin open source?  If not, when will it be open source?  

It's always been on GitHub: https://github.com/cannabiscoindev/cannabiscoin420 and the Android wallet source is here: https://github.com/cannabiscoindev/cannabiscoin-android-wallet

Edit with supplemental:

In case people do not know, the little cat silhouette: found on the OP links to source code.

Edit 2:

It's been a while since we covered it so here's the links to the tutorials for compiling the CannabisCoin Qt wallet yourself for Ubuntu and Debian systems.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:26:56 AM

It's always been on GitHub: https://github.com/cannabiscoindev/cannabiscoin420 and the Android wallet source is here: https://github.com/cannabiscoindev/cannabiscoin-android-wallet

Why is James saying 'open source this'?  Unless I missed something...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:29:46 AM

It's just James being James, if you hang around he's something you'll get used to, sadly.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:33:08 PM

It's just James being James, if you hang around he's something you'll get used to, sadly.

Haha.  Ok...

Nothing much going on in your Github, sadly. I'd like to point out that the Windows wallet is really slow when starting up. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

Haha.  Ok...

Nothing much going on in your Github, sadly. I'd like to point out that the Windows wallet is really slow when starting up. 

Didn't know the 'doze version Qt was slow, my '09 vintage Mac loads it without problems. I've got 'doze 7 in a virtual box, I'll check it out in the next few days. I'll be posting an updated bootstrap.dat file soon too.

There shouldn't be any public changes on GitHub because the wallet does exactly what it's supposed to do but you are welcome to propose additional features you feel would be generally useful. Bear in mind changes won't be made for novelty's sake though, it is strictly a utility program to facilitate transactions.

pinchecobadre

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:01:46 PM

James is the uneducated loser twin brother of a competing coin's project.  Actually, calling it a competing coin would be a compliment, but for months now, the DEVs of that coin have disappeared.  Calling Cannacoin (CCN) a viable project able to compete with active DEV teams behind each of CANN, MARYJ and even POT, would be a complete load of sh!te.

There's been ZERO activity relating to that other coin (on their own BCT forum and their sub-reddit) and they've been de-listed from one of the oldest exchanges to ever carry them, and through their own price manipulations on Bittrex, they've been able to stave off being de-listed from Bittrex on more than a few occasions.

With the complete lack of activity from the project's creators, and internal turnover of people once heavily involved, all who followed Cannacoin have been suckered into believing CCN and the Devs wouldn't simply abandon the project, which they've CLEARLY done.  CCN had some promise, but it was ruined by its association with this shit-for-brains cancer to the crypto-world that we know as James.  They may have taken two steps forward at the time the CCN Devs were more actively involved, but now, after months of stagnation and the unfettered antics of the twin brother, they've taken huge leaps back and offer nothing new to the game. 

If James spent half as much time merely thinking about ways to better his twin brother's CCN project as he does pissing in the CANN community's cereal, maybe, just maybe, CCN can rise from the pits of abandonment and once again become a viable competitor in the cannabis-crypto space -- don't hold your breath though.

pinchecobadre

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:47:58 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:02:24 PM by pinchecobadre

Didn't know the 'doze version Qt was slow, my '09 vintage Mac loads it without problems. I've got 'doze 7 in a virtual box, I'll check it out in the next few days. I'll be posting an updated bootstrap.dat file soon too.

Speed is obviously relative due to the variables that would affect it and when you throw in the impatience of the spoiled as another yet another variable, it will NEVER be fast enough.

Whenever any wallet is updated, installed, reinstalled, or opened after not running for months. . . . syncing the blockchain / catching up will be always be an endeavour that can last several hours.  I tend to leave it open/syncing overnight -- other than that, no issues for me.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:53:30 PM

Speed is obviously relative due to the variables that would affect it and when you throw in the impatience of the spoiled as another yet another variable, it will NEVER be fast enough.

Whenever any wallet is updated, installed, reinstalled, or opened after not running for months. . . . syncing the blockchain / catching up will be always be an endeavour that can last several hours.  I tend to leave it open/syncing overnight -- other than that, no issues for me.

I don't mean the syncing.  When I start the wallet it takes a good 3 minutes before the wallet actually starts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pinchecobadre

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:05:29 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:49:02 PM by pinchecobadre

I don't mean the syncing.  When I start the wallet it takes a good 3 minutes before the wallet actually starts.

Wow, a full 3 minutes?? ....where's my pitch-fork and lynch mob?  

Maybe it's the wallet of all the weed-coins, but I don't think CANN's wallet is any slower that the others I have.
pinchecobadre

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:32:00 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 04:46:52 PM by pinchecobadre

BTW: B4zz4, I haven't posted in a while, but I have been reading the forums every day.  Before I forget, I want to take this opportunity to commend you for all of your hard work, dedication and, above all, patience.  You write with a level of maturity and professionalism that I have not seen from DEV teams of any of the other coins I happen to follow.  It's quite refreshing and I wanted to thank you.  You fill a very important PR role for the CANN community and it should not go unnoticed.

However, on a bit of a related side-note, I do have one criticism of the CANN team on its use of the "YESWECANN" user account.  There is a stark contrast between the level of maturity, professionalism and patience between B4zz4 and the "YESWECANN" user accounts as evidenced from their notably different writing styles.  I would highly recommend that B4zz4 take full control of that "YESWECANN" user account and suggest that whoever is currently authoring posts under YESWECANN to make / use their own accounts if they wish to go on the defensive of some of trolling BS postings, or provide their own personal thoughts / opinions.  

Please don't take this as a personal knock on Heather or whoever else uses that account, but I've seen posts coming from YESWECANN that appeared to be emotionally-induced knee-jerk reactions to complaints / criticisms / trolling.  It's human nature to defend all the hard-work and effort put into one's project; however, some of these emotionally-induced responses shouldn't come from an account that really needs to be viewed as the voice of the coin, the voice of the hard-work that has gone into the project -- ultimately the voice behind the mission and what CANN stands for -- not the voice or biased opinions of the individuals behind the coin / project.  

Every community will have its good and bad apples, but it shouldn't be the YESWECANN account making the distinctions on who's a douche-bag.  IMO, that's not good for "community building".  All that does is bring the YESWECANN user account down to the level of those doing the trolling and it's completely unnecessary and counter-productive.  Trust me, the community will know who's a twat and will help spread the word.  It just doesn't need to come from YESWECANN.  If the DEVs (as individuals) wish to speak their mind, respond to criticism or call out trolls when they see 'em, they should do so from their own personal user accounts -- not the official "YESWECANN" account.  YESWECANN needs to be above it all and speak "officially" about project related topics -- just as any PR professional or publicist would do/suggest.  

YESWECANN does have a little growing up to do and I really think there's no better person than B4zz4 to help bring that missing level maturity and professionalism to the "voice" of the project.  We shouldn't have it seem (even in the least bit) like the YESWECANN account is ever phased "emotionally" by what any trolling dipshit has to say.

Anyway, just my long-winded opinion.  
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:50:53 PM

I don't know about the windows wallet taking a while to boot up, as it is set to boot with Windows but the android wallet took 7 days - that's right, an entire week (almost) - before it finally synced.
That's on a brand new ZTE Blade S6, no other apps installed.
It seems to sync fine for a while and then just freeze, had to be force stopped and then manually restarted.
It does work now, but it really isn't suitable for the "I-want-it-all-now" generation currently inhabiting crypto.
It also really isn't suitable as it stand for mass adoption either, too difficult and time-consuming for the man on the Clapham omnibus.

Perhaps an updated bootstrap for the Android wallet would help?
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:09:35 AM

I don't mean the syncing.  When I start the wallet it takes a good 3 minutes before the wallet actually starts.

Maybe it's the wallet of all the weed-coins, but I don't think CANN's wallet is any slower that the others I have.

Yeah a full 3 minutes.  That's nothing for you or you might be used to it, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed and improved upon.  There's a lot of improvements that can be made.  Another improvement that can be done is the website.  It needs a little polishing.

How could we even expect things to go forward if you take suggestions that way?

Edit:  CannabisCoin wants to bring in patients into the fold.  They probably be not used to technical stuff.  So it would probably help if using the software goes smooth and that it doesn't suck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Yeah a full 3 minutes.  That's nothing for you or you might be used to it, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed and improved upon.  There's a lot of improvements that can be made.  Another improvement that can be done is the website.  It needs a little polishing.

Take a breath everybody Smiley

tokeweed, you mean the splash screen comes up and just stays on the screen for about 3 minutes?

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:20:49 AM

tokeweed, you mean the splash screen comes up and just stays on the screen for about 3 minutes?

Yup. Why does it take that long?  There has to be a way to make it start faster..?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:43:12 AM

Yup. Why does it take that long?  There has to be a way to make it start faster..?

What the wallet is doing is rescanning the blockchain, or at least some portion of it. Suggests there's some problem with the way windows is handling its shutdown - the Mac build with which I am most familiar will only do so for a significant time if we've had a power failure, for example and the shutdown was not handled gracefully.

How long that takes is a function of how much work there is to do and the speed of available processing power.

Help me trace this, if we can:

Do you autostart your wallet at windows boot up?
Do you shutdown or sleep your computer?
What 'doze version are you using?
How much RAM does your machine have installed?
How many other wallets do you have installed/running?
Do you have many other programs running/autostarting?
Is your drive space close to full?
Is the drive light busy while the wallet is in splash-mode?

Some of these questions may not seem relevant but the answers may help me recreate the conditions on a test box.

Thanks
B4zz4

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:47:19 AM

Since you put it that way...  I'll figure it out.

Thanks.

So I guess you guys don't develop the code any further?  No activity in your Github.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: