Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:26:08 AM

@b4zz4 now that we are getting closer to producing consistent donable product in quantity..this is really THE huge news..but then WHY if we are closer we don't have any updates?i'm not saying we must have them,but it would be awesome at least have an idea of how much and when(about at least) the distribution will start..we are all here waiting for that..and if we are closer..i think is time to have more specific information..or am i wrong?thx

Actually ciccas4 I think the news is

... the first truly successful low environmental impact strain has proven to be an indica particularly suited to the northern grow. Unless there is a dramatic improvement evident in some of the indoor strains being trialled then this summer's outdoor grow will be the first commercial-scale CANNdy crop. Permits for this are complete, as are the necessary security fencing and other measures as per government requirement. em added

To me that is a very exciting announcement. What more can anyone possibly expect in a long-term, multi-year project such as this?

I guess I could have been more specific and said "this northern hemisphere summer's outdoor grow". Is that not an update? Does that not tell you we are almost certainly looking at a Fall harvest, drying, curing and testing time before we can pack and deliver product in quantity? If one or more of the indoor test varieties should deliver spectacular result in the test grows then maybe a suitable indoor crop can be cloned and produced first and then there would be a different announcement to make.

In the meantime software upgrades are pending and we are investigating potential methods of incentivizing dispensaries to join the YesWeCANN movement and donate inventory into the CANNdy medication stream in states where there are no CANNdy grows. We are looking at trying to do so within the current software update round and if that proves feasible then that will be another announcement.

Why not just provide CANNdy seed or plant stock for other states? Because it is currently in breach of U.S. federal laws to do so. CANNdy can not cross state lines, period. It will not legally be able to do so unless and until there is a change in cannabis's Schedule I status.

Would we like to do things more quickly than we are? Absolutely!

Are we going to go any faster, maybe take any shortcuts to skirt around state and local laws? Not a chance!

This will take as long as it takes. I'm sorry if that disappoints.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ciccas4

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:39:52 AM

My bad,i didn't understand that cause was quite late when i read it...yes..that's the real news,you're totally right!! This is what the community needed,some real and visibile progress !!!
jamesbo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:56:35 PM

Is that herbal wellness center accepting cann again yet, without somewhere that accepts cann for the peg or otherwise, i feel the project is at a stand still

ETH  0x5086ebdfba8aaf9843b1c5c68e1c260b6d356fce
smokeyjoejoe

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:31:15 PM

Is that herbal wellness center accepting cann again yet, without somewhere that accepts cann for the peg or otherwise, i feel the project is at a stand still
I BELEIVE THAT COIN WAS USED. I THINK A LITTLE HARSH, STAND STILL NOT IT IS, JUST NOT AS GOOD AS BELEIVE
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM

From what I understand, the information at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cannabiscoin/ should be updated so that the total supply is ~106,000,000 (or ~120,000,000 after PoS is implemented), & the available supply should be 91,851,000 (the 'Outstanding' figure given at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cann/ )

Correct me if I'm wrong, I just think it's important to have an accurate market cap figure, both for transparency to traders & to attract more attention/respect.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:50:11 AM

From what I understand, the information at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cannabiscoin/ should be updated so that the total supply is ~106,000,000 (or ~120,000,000 after PoS is implemented), & the available supply should be 91,851,000 (the 'Outstanding' figure given at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cann/ )

Correct me if I'm wrong, I just think it's important to have an accurate market cap figure, both for transparency to traders & to attract more attention/respect.

You are quite correct in that the information there is wrong natmccoy

At present the maximum possible CannabisCoin supply is 91,860,078, which is proposed to be returned to the intended 105,861,000 with the switch to staking but has not yet taken place.

When the new wallets are ready and transition dates are set then we'll have to chase up information sources and have them brought up to date.

Thanks for pointing this one out Smiley

jamesbo

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:53:43 PM

inquiring mind want to know if we cann buy meds with cann. activity is great , but quality is better than quanity, so ive heard

YESWECANN (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

http://twitter.com/CannabisCoins

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 05:51:34 PM

inquiring mind want to know if we cann buy meds with cann. activity is great , but quality is better than quanity, so ive heard

Yes you can buy meds with CANN.  It's been going on since the inception of CannabisCoin that many patients locally and possibly around the world have used CANN as payment for patient-to-patient purchases.  Dispensary to patients has been tested and we are looking at ways to improve the process  legally.  CannabisCoin is being used as payment for meds peg or no peg.

- YESWECANN

Official CannabisCoin [CANN] Forum Moderator
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:27:20 AM

Support for marijuana legalization has hit an all-time high

A new survey released today by the the Associated Press and the University of Chicago finds that a record-high percentage of Americans -- 61 percent -- say they support marijuana legalization.

The survey uses the same question wording ("Do you think the use of marijuana should be made legal, or not?") on marijuana as previous Gallup surveys, which had shown a previous high of 58 percent support for legalization last October.

However, the AP asked a follow-up question that found a considerable amount of nuance in Americans' support marijuana legalization. Twenty-four percent of legalization supporters said marijuana should be made available "only with a medical prescription." Another 43 percent said there should be "restrictions on purchase amounts." And one-third of legalization supporters said there should be "no restrictions" on purchase amounts.

"This is yet another demonstration of just how ready Americans are for the end of marijuana prohibition," said Tom Angell of the Marijuana Majority, a marijuana reform group. "The growing level of support for legalization that we see in poll after poll is exactly why we're now in a situation -- for the first time in history -- where every major presidential candidate in both parties has pledged to let states set their own marijuana laws without federal interference."

Marijuana legalization is particularly popular among Democrats (70 percent support) and independents (65 percent). Nearly half (47 percent) of Republican voters support legalization as well.

-- By Christopher Ingraham, WaPO Wonkblog

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:13:23 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 08:30:43 AM by natmccoy

At present the maximum possible CannabisCoin supply is 91,860,078, which is proposed to be returned to the intended 105,861,000 with the switch to staking but has not yet taken place.

When the new wallets are ready and transition dates are set then we'll have to chase up information sources and have them brought up to date.

Typically the crypto.id 'outstanding' figure means all of the coins that have been released/mined, what you are telling me is that crypto.id 'outstanding' for CANN is actually the greatest possible number of coins that could ever exist without a fork? If that's the case then the coinmarketcap numbers are correct. You say that I am correct that the numbers are wrong then give me numbers implying that they're actually correct, I'm getting conflicting information.

Also, just to try to be helpful & offer my constructive criticism in as friendly but effective a way as possible; B4zz4, the last few times I have seen you respond to people you seem to have missed the point of what they were asking or given them wrong information, that's not good considering you seem to have taken on the job of community outreach manager guy. Please, if you're going to handle 'user-relations' take a little more time to be sure that you actually understand what people are asking & that you are giving the correct answer.

I do appreciate what you are doing though & I am very excited by the recent update. PoS will be great & I'm optimistic that D9 will pull through with some results this Summer.

Take care everyone.

Oh, another question. What is the estimated time frame for switching to PoS? Are we talking May, Summer, 2017..?

piotr14

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:54:24 AM

does any1 know when harvest will happen?
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:17:25 AM

Typically the crypto.id 'outstanding' figure means all of the coins that have been released/mined, what you are telling me is that crypto.id 'outstanding' for CANN is actually the greatest possible number of coins that could ever exist without a fork? If that's the case then the coinmarketcap numbers are correct. You say that I am correct that the numbers are wrong then give me numbers implying that they're actually correct, I'm getting conflicting information.

Also, just to try to be helpful & offer my constructive criticism in as friendly but effective a way as possible; B4zz4, the last few times I have seen you respond to people you seem to have missed the point of what they were asking or given them wrong information, that's not good considering you seem to have taken on the job of community outreach manager guy. Please, if you're going to handle 'user-relations' take a little more time to be sure that you actually understand what people are asking & that you are giving the correct answer.

I do appreciate what you are doing though & I am very excited by the recent update. PoS will be great & I'm optimistic that D9 will pull through with some results this Summer.

Take care everyone.

G'day natmccoy

The available supply figure at coinmarketcap is wrong but total supply is close enough.

The numbers in your quote

From what I understand, the information at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cannabiscoin/ should be updated so that the total supply is ~106,000,000 (or ~120,000,000 after PoS is implemented)...

are not correct because they omit the number of coins burned.

At present the greatest supply possible is 91,860,078 before the hard-coded dust limit kicks in. This is so because while 105,861,000 could have been generated, including the premine to cover the scrypt-mined coins, 14,000,922 were burnt (sent off chain). The total outstanding is 91,851,034.

It is proposed to allow the re-issue of the same number of coins as were burned during the next several years of PoS, restoring a total supply of 105,861,000.

I do not know how coinmarketcap derives their "available supply" figure of 77,223,031 CANN.

My apologies if I have caused any confusion.

jamesbo

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:59:40 PM

Yes you can buy meds with CANN.  It's been going on since the inception of CannabisCoin that many patients locally and possibly around the world have used CANN as payment for patient-to-patient purchases.  Dispensary to patients has been tested and we are looking at ways to improve the process  legally.  CannabisCoin is being used as payment for meds peg or no peg.

- YESWECANN

I wanted to know if you can buy some meds for the peg. quit skirting the issue. I can transfer doge coin to get dope. I want to know about the peg, the big jar d9 held in the beginning with a cann label on it, who did that get donated to?

cropcream

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:49:01 PM

- YESWECANN

I wanted to know if you can buy some meds for the peg. quit skirting the issue. I can transfer doge coin to get dope. I want to know about the peg, the big jar d9 held in the beginning with a cann label on it, who did that get donated to?

You sure are persistent, I will give you that jamesrambo. You do keep the community on its feet with your questions, so I will give you kudos for that. I have looked back and am also interested in the what ever happened to CANNDY. I think all issues should be addressed. First and foremost, where is all the CANNDY from the start, the last two years and where is the new stuff? The new strains is not an issue, what happened to the old strains, did that little girl get it all?
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

So 99.9902% of all coins have been mined... I didn't realize the urgency of your PoS announcement, I suppose it will be implemented within months. Yes I see now, only $0.35 generated per day.

What I want to stress is that it is not necessary to redistribute the same amount that was burned, that was an arbitrary number. Even the pre-burn total coinage seems like an arbitrary artifact of the X11 switch. The original figure was 420,000,000, now after multiple lumps in the path, you feel that it is important to return to 105,861,000. Don't just patch in a scheme for 3 years of distribution to an arbitrary number...

You could do 100,000,000 total (~8,000,000 more) over 100 years (average of 80,000/year or about double current rate.).

Or 420,000,000 total to be fully staked in 420 years.

Something that ensures network stability long-term but also rewards individuals now who remove their coins from Bittrex and run a node. Might as well reduce the risk of going through another fork in 3 years.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:14:35 AM

So 99.9902% of all coins have been mined... I didn't realize the urgency of your PoS announcement, I suppose it will be implemented within months. Yes I see now, only $0.35 generated per day.

What I want to stress is that it is not necessary to redistribute the same amount that was burned, that was an arbitrary number. Even the pre-burn total coinage seems like an arbitrary artifact of the X11 switch. The original figure was 420,000,000, now after multiple lumps in the path, you feel that it is important to return to 105,861,000. Don't just patch in a scheme for 3 years of distribution to an arbitrary number...

You could do 100,000,000 total (~8,000,000 more) over 100 years (average of 80,000/year or about double current rate.).

Or 420,000,000 total to be fully staked in 420 years.

Something that ensures network stability long-term but also rewards individuals now who remove their coins from Bittrex and run a node. Might as well reduce the risk of going through another fork in 3 years.

Hi again natmccoy

We are indeed in the long tail of PoW distribution, at halving 13 of a possible 25 before the hard-coded dust limit eliminates subsidy altogether.

Initially of course it was hoped that we could establish an active distribution system by about this stage and that network fees would then become more important than mining subsidy. Sadly politicians and bureaucrats are less enthusiastic than we are and every step takes longer than it need or should.

With regard to the arbitrary total supply that is a request of correspondents who claim to be significant holders of CannabisCoin stakes (untested but they do appear to have legitimate concerns). Subsequent to these requests I have contacted other supporters known to have been enthusiastic miners and/or buyers of CannabisCoin for their opinions. The stated preference is a restoration of total supply to that declared at the time most began mining or buying and there is no obvious reason we need do otherwise.

You are quite correct, we could do virtually anything and 420,000,000 over 420 years has an appealing symmetry Smiley Recent experience suggests however that quite a percentage of investor stakeholders would view that as a significant dilution of their held stakes, regardless of the timescale involved.

At this stage the favored option is another 7 years of distribution at 2% subsidizing network fees to encourage staking. If at the end of this period network fees are insufficient then we'll definitely need to rethink things.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:02:48 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 04:23:05 AM by B4zz4

@jamescream/whoever

I will restate for the new crop of newbie/sock puppet accounts. We seem to have done this so many times.

Test crops have either been donated or destroyed. The first commercial-scale CANNdy crop will probably be this northern hemisphere summer's outdoor crop. Permits for this are complete, as are the necessary security fencing and other measures as per government requirement.

Please take the time to actually read the supplied information bulletin. There is little chance now that one of the indoor tests will prove sufficiently environmentally acceptable to be placed into full production before the outdoor grow.

The Herbal Wellness Center did the initial dispensary distribution tests for us and are great supporters. They have not added CannabisCoin back into their new point of sale software at this time and have no current option to do so until we can release methods of incentivizing all dispensaries equally to join the YesWeCANN movement and donate inventory into the CANNdy medication stream, including in states where there are no CANNdy grows.

As previously stated we are looking at trying to provide equal incentive within the current software update round and if that proves feasible then that will be another announcement. Until that time only inter patient transactions and ad hoc arrangements by dispensaries/retailers are available.

To make it absolutely clear, CannabisCoin is not streaming any product to underwrite the 1:1 peg anywhere at this time. Any dispensary or retailer who chooses to support that peg is doing so of their own volition and donating the medication into inventory themselves. Those who distribute donated product to needy patients receive no remuneration for their service. Their use of CannabisCoin is strictly as a loyalty token. CannabisCoin imposes no restriction on who may or may not incorporate CannabisCoin into their promotion or loyalty scheme.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:25:34 AM

That makes sense, I'll put my 0.4% behind that path. I look forward to staking.

TimBit

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:44:15 AM

@jamescream/whoever

I will restate for the new crop of newbie/sock puppet accounts. We seem to have done this so many times.

Test crops have either been donated or destroyed. The first commercial-scale CANNdy crop will probably be this northern hemisphere summer's outdoor crop. Permits for this are complete, as are the necessary security fencing and other measures as per government requirement.

To make it absolutely clear, CannabisCoin is not streaming any product to underwrite the 1:1 peg anywhere at this time. Any dispensary or retailer who chooses to support that peg is doing so of their own volition and donating the medication into inventory themselves. Those who distribute donated product to needy patients receive no remuneration for their service. Their use of CannabisCoin is strictly as a loyalty token. CannabisCoin imposes no restriction on who may or may not incorporate CannabisCoin into their promotion or loyalty scheme.

Instead of making newbies read threw hundreds of pages of posts it would be simpler just to update the main post on PAGE 1. 

Right now this is what the main post reads:

Backed by real Marijuana
1 CannabisCoin (CANN) = 1 Gram of "Canndy" Marijuana

So I find this a little miss leading to new users.
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:46:13 AM

@jamescream/whoever

Instead of making newbies read threw hundreds of pages of posts it would be simpler just to update the main post on PAGE 1. 

Right now this is what the main post reads:

Backed by real Marijuana
1 CannabisCoin (CANN) = 1 Gram of "Canndy" Marijuana

So I find this a little miss leading to new users.

And you are quite right, a lot of tidying up and updating is required both on the OP and the website. It will be attended to in due course.

Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: