Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
Solemn

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:40:56 AM

Hmm. Are you able to SSH in and look what error the cgminer window is throwing up?

Actually I can't get into the C1 via SSH.  The unit won't accept the password for root.  I haven't changed it and am able to login via the web interface.  I'm not sure what the problem is...

I got an email from Bitmain support as follows:

Hi,
   Please refresh the web page to see if there any help. the miner needs some time to finish the initial settings.
   If no use, please try to mine in other pools, you may try our Antpool as well:)
   stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855548.0;all

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Needless to say I tried refreshing and leaving the miner on for an hour to see if some magic fairy's could get it to work - but still no luck.  I can see the difficulty changing and the "getworks" are increasing as well so it appears to be talking to the various pools and receiving work.  It's just not doing any work!

Oh and I tried the freq change just to see...and no it didn't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:55:56 AM

Not only for Bitmain's miners,but for Syscooling watercooling kits,even your other products bought from online bussiness,please check it before you signed it.If any parts damaged obviously,please refuse to sign on it.You needn't to pay any money on it,so do we,and we could ask express company for compensation.Once you signed,the express would get out of business,unhappiness and dissension may happen between us.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

Hmm. Are you able to SSH in and look what error the cgminer window is throwing up?

Actually I can't get into the C1 via SSH.  The unit won't accept the password for root.  I haven't changed it and am able to login via the web interface.  I'm not sure what the problem is...

I got an email from Bitmain support as follows:

Hi,
   Please refresh the web page to see if there any help. the miner needs some time to finish the initial settings.
   If no use, please try to mine in other pools, you may try our Antpool as well:)
   stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855548.0;all

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Needless to say I tried refreshing and leaving the miner on for an hour to see if some magic fairy's could get it to work - but still no luck.  I can see the difficulty changing and the "getworks" are increasing as well so it appears to be talking to the various pools and receiving work.  It's just not doing any work!

Oh and I tried the freq change just to see...and no it didn't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Password is admin, I've changed everywhere its listed.

SlimePuppy

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:27:45 PM

Who is receiving fans with one 3 pin connector attached to 2 fans?
It appears, everyone is.  There's nothing wrong with that, either, as all the fan and pump needs are two wires - one positive and one negative.  The fans and pump run at full-speed and are not throttled so there is absolutely no need for more than two wires.

That's fine, but the fans were damaged. All the plastic brackets that hold the fan in the square were broken.  Bitmain said he wouldn't send me replacements unless I bought another miner since it would cost him to much to just send me two fans. Basically he doesn't want to pay for the cost of doing business as he should be. I don't care what shipping cost. When a customer receives damaged parts, shows hi-res pictures of it, the expectation is to get them replaced without a hassle.
Shipping damage is normally fixed with a claim to the shipper, not the manufacturer.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:05:05 PM

Maybe somebody from Bitmain is reading the forum - they obviously don't read the mails... One of the pumps I got with the C1 is leaking... I informed them in time before I ordered three S4s, however, no response, so chances are slim that they just put the pump into one of the packages. The non-reaction is somewhat disappointing...
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

Maybe somebody from Bitmain is reading the forum - they obviously don't read the mails... One of the pumps I got with the C1 is leaking... I informed them in time before I ordered three S4s, however, no response, so chances are slim that they just put the pump into one of the packages. The non-reaction is somewhat disappointing...

You can't expect an email to get read and physically actioned in a warehouse at the same time as the sending of your order. And there is no way a pump is going to fit into an S4 box.

RMAs for cooling are with syscooling.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:22:31 PM

You can't expect an email to get read and physically actioned in a warehouse at the same time as the sending of your order. And there is no way a pump is going to fit into an S4 box.

RMAs for cooling are with syscooling.

Naugh, there were of course a couple of days between the mail and the order :-) And the pump would fit in the side. Just squeeeeze :-) An no: I haven't dealt with Syscooling, only with Bitmain. If you buy a car and it is delivered with a flat tire, you don't RMA it with the producer of the tire but with the producer of the car.
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:15:15 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 05:42:47 AM by n3lz0n

guys I need some help...

I have 4x C1 miners, first run is all good, I can login to 192.168.1.99 the moment I change the network settings to my 10.0.10.X network after it reboots it just shutsdown by itself?

My PSU is 850W Enermax 850W platinum 80 plus standard worth $300 AUD, I used the 2x PCI-E coming from the PSU and 2x supplied molex adapter to PCIE.

I did the same process above to a 2nd C1 miner and I had the same experience.

Any tips please?

What I have done so far?
PSU running on its own and not connected to the miner, to make sure the paper clip mod work- done, eliminate the PSU mod issue
PSU to a fresh boot up C1 miner, running smoothly, not shutting down - done

but the moment I give it a static IP address it just shuts down or just coincidence? this happened to miner1 and miner2...

Any hints or tips please? thanks guys!!!

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Solemn

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:48:16 AM

Reseat SD card, then reflash it. Its stuck in limbo at the moment.

Dogie, I took your advice and and have the same result.  No joy.  Everything appears to be OK except it does not hash.  I haven't heard anything from Bitmain yet so I'm pretty much stuck...

Dogie, I got in via SSH (thanks) and got the following:  I'm not entirely sure what error I'm looking for and there's been no further word from Bitmain.  Any thoughts?

cgminer version 4.6.1 - Started: [2014-12-11 08:41:06]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):0.000 (1m):0.000 (5m):0.000 (15m):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s
 A:0  R:16  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
 Connected to stratum.antpool.com diff 256 with stratum as user (deleted for opsec)
 Block: 632dc15f...  Diff:40G  Started: [08:44:55]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 SB management [P]ool management Settings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: BTM 0       :  0/  0C 0000R |         |  0.000 /  0.000h/s WU:0.0/m
oooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] BitMain RxStatus Token: v(0) chip_status_eft(0) detect_ge
t(0) chip_address(00) reg_address(00) crc(ef82)
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] bitmain_parse_results v=0 chain=4 fifo=816 hwv1=3 hwv2=3
hwv3=3 hwv4=0 nerr=0-0 freq=250 chain info:
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] bitmain_parse_results chain(0) asic_num=16 asic_status=oo
oooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] bitmain_parse_results chain(1) asic_num=16 asic_status=oo
oooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] bitmain_parse_results chain(2) asic_num=16 asic_status=oo
oooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:35] bitmain_parse_results chain(3) asic_num=16 asic_status=oo
oooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] BitMain RxStatus Token: v(0) chip_status_eft(0) detect_get(0) chip_address(00) reg_a
ddress(00) crc(ef82)
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] bitmain_parse_results v=0 chain=4 fifo=1064 hwv1=3 hwv2=3 hwv3=3 hwv4=0 nerr=0-0 fre
q=250 chain info:
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] bitmain_parse_results chain(0) asic_num=16 asic_status=oooooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] bitmain_parse_results chain(1) asic_num=16 asic_status=oooooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] bitmain_parse_results chain(2) asic_num=16 asic_status=oooooooo oooooooo
 [2014-12-11 08:46:51] bitmain_parse_results chain(3) asic_num=16 asic_status=oooooooo oooooooo
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:24:40 AM

guys I need some help...

I have 4x C1 miners, first run is all good, I can login to 192.168.1.99 the moment I change the network settings to my 10.0.10.X network after it reboots it just shutsdown by itself?

My PSU is 850W Enermax 850W platinum 80 plus standard worth $300 AUD, I used the 2x PCI-E coming from the PSU and 2x supplied molex adapter to PCIE.

I did the same process above to a 2nd C1 miner and I had the same experience.

Any tips please?

What I have done so far?
PSU running on its own and not connected to the miner, to make sure the paper clip mod work- done, eliminate the PSU mod issue
PSU to a fresh boot up C1 miner, running smoothly, not shutting down - done

but the moment I give it a static IP address it just shuts down or just coincidence? this happened to miner1 and miner2...

Any hints or tips please? thanks guys!!!

That's not a great PSU, it only just has the wattage AND its 5 rail. Turn DHCP on if you're having issues giving it a static IP in your home range.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Reseat SD card, then reflash it. Its stuck in limbo at the moment.
Dogie, I took your advice and and have the same result.  No joy.  Everything appears to be OK except it does not hash.  I haven't heard anything from Bitmain yet so I'm pretty much stuck...

Dogie, I got in via SSH (thanks) and got the following:  I'm not entirely sure what error I'm looking for and there's been no further word from Bitmain.  Any thoughts?

It looks exactly as it would if it hit temp cap - it freezes mining but everything else looks right. What is different is that all your temps read 0 - they'd typically freeze at 80, 75, 70 60 etc. Can you feel the pump working okay? No obvious over temp?

If not, disconnect 3 boards [make sure you leave the one powering the pump] and see if there is any difference once you've restarted. If not, email info@bitmaintech.com for a controller RMA. It would be too much of a coincidence for 4 hashing boards to instantly die, versus a single controller board failing.

Solemn

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:33:17 PM

Ok....I got the following emails from Bitmain...

Hi,
   Please change the pool difficulty settings to a higher value to try, more than 2048.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

2014-12-11 19:05 GMT+08:00 Bitmain Tech <info@bitmaintech.com>:
   Hi,
   After you change the pool, have you restarted the miner?
   Please try with more pools, the issue is strange and I've also forwarded it to engineers to check.
   please try to do more test with different pools.
   Thanks.

I responded as follows: 

Sir,

I have tried the following:

1.   Three different pools (antpool, bitminter, btcguild)
    2.   I have adjusted the difficulty on two of the pools (btcguild, bitminter)
    3.   I have restarted using the menu after changing the pools
    4.   I have unplugged the miner after changing the pools

Please find below an excerpt from a forum board discussion I have been having with your representative “Dogie”

(deleted for brevity)

I have tried his suggestions as well with no solution.  He suggested that the controller needs to be replaced.  If that is the case how is this done and how quickly.  I am sure you understand the importance that   
    time has on mining.  This miner has been down for 2 days now and I’m losing BTC. 

Please advise.  Thank you.

Soooo....that's where I am at the moment...

Intrepid One

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

after receiving my C1's and getting set up and hashing, which was a total breeze thanks to Doge's guide.I have had them running for a couple of days and i must say i am quite impressed with the hashing. Really consistent hashing

I had 5 S3's and none of them would has at the advertised hash rate, they would all be fine but after say 12 hours the hashing would drop off and the only way i found to get them to hash consistently was to lower them to 212.

After 3 days of running my C1's they are all hashing @ 1006 without any need of rebooting them.

Thanks really impressed 
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:18:47 PM

Corrupt SD card..

I just had a problem after a reboot where the hardware version was coin up x.x.x.x instead of 3.3.3.0, I tried to reboot, nothing, tried power down & power up, nothing, tried a hard reset using the button near the ethernet port, nothing.... Decided to reflash the sd card & that brought it back to life...

Corruption of the sd cards here seems like a common problem & i seem to remember someone in this thread complained about how they hated that every time they reset there machine it would come up with the stock antminer settings in the miner config, Someone else then stated they thought the changing of the settings is somehow occasionally corrupting the sd card & said that you should put your settings in (Somehow, I'm not sure how & thats why im asking) the sd card before booting up, That way there would be no corrupting of the sd card after bootup.

Ok, if this is actually possible, Writing the config on the card before bootup, Can someone please explain the process for the rest of us so this problem can be taken out of the equation??

Cause i tell u, A miner not hashing has a very unhappy user with a big paper weight & the amount of time spent going thru the whole routine only to flash the sd card in the end wasted a good few hours... Not something i wanna do again in a hurry, Nor should i have too but just incase & for anyone else out there who has or is having a similar problem this could be very handy!

Maybe Bitmain themselves wanna chime in here or if not how about once u have tested the miners you clear the miner config & save it as blank rather than collecting the few extra hashes ur getting every time someone turns on a miner

Edit = I'm glad to say after the reflash of the sd card & putting in my settings all is running well hovering around the 1th mark @ between 40 & 50 degrees

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:28:57 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 11:16:23 PM by IITravel01

Received my C1 yesterday with watercooling kit.  Set it up today.  No problems initially, pump not leaking (could all these leaking pumps be due to overfilling?  The instructional video seems to show the pump being filled to the very top, but when the liquid heats up it expands, if it's completely filled where is it going to expand to?  Might be something to consider to fill it less full, so the air in it can compress when it heats up.  I've completely filled mine so I'm thinking about removing some fluid).  Did have 2 of the radiator fans connected to one header as others have pointed out.  My fan/pump power cables are connected to a PCI 6-pin power adapter that instructions state to connect to one of the open ones on the C1 which is new to me.
Anyway after doing some initial setting it was hashing, but went to log in to change something and was unable to.  Get the Antminer C1 screen but no request to login and all blank.  Tried the 10 second on the rest button and power recycle but same results.  Looks like the SD card image might have become corrupted as happened with many others.

EDIT:
I was able to get it working with HDD Raw Copy Tool reflashed to the SD card with the image BitMain linked me to in an e-mail, but it was the old firmware so when I upgraded the firmware I got the same blank AntMiner screen.  So I'm reflashing the SD card to get it working and hoping for a link to the image file with the new firmware included.
stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:05:06 AM

To those of you who are having problems logging into the web interface on C1, try clearing the web browser's cache first. If you had accessed another Antminer (s3, s4, etc...), your browser's cache interferes with access to C1. Delete your browser's cache, then restart your browser or your computer and try the ip address again.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

To those of you who are having problems logging into the web interface on C1, try clearing the web browser's cache first. If you had accessed another Antminer (s3, s4, etc...), your browser's cache interferes with access to C1. Delete your browser's cache, then restart your browser or your computer and try the ip address again.

Or don't use Internet Exploder.  It's renowned for cache issues.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
IITravel01

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:39:07 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 04:57:13 AM by IITravel01

Fourth time I'm flashing the SD card today.  Seems that all seems fine after flashing, then going in an changing settings.  But once I select DHCP, it seems to corrupt the image on the card.  Problem is my router won't work with the AntMiner set to static.
Trying again...

Here's the instructions for flashing the micro SD card image via a SD card reader/writer (with the 1st firmware) I got from BitMain:

I've uploaded it here https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/201206215/C1_STOCK.7z

Extract it with 7zip and flash it with hdd raw copy http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
fresca

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:19:10 AM

Is it possible to overclock the C1?
IITravel01

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:31:27 AM

Is it possible to overclock the C1?

yes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: