Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:18:52 AM

Even though it is just a simple portion of the site, NoblePay is actually a really big deal if functioning.
Being able to pay government utilities utilizing a cryptocurrency is big. Most people here are "investors"
though and have a global view of things; so being limited to Australia might as well mean nonexistent to you guys it seems.
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:24:37 AM

Even though it is just a simple portion of the site, NoblePay is actually a really big deal if functioning.
Being able to pay government utilities utilizing a cryptocurrency is big. Most people here are "investors"
though and have a global view of things; so being limited to Australia might as well mean nonexistent to you guys it seems.

For now noblepay is just a simple html form which sends its data to some email address and then paid manually by rofo.

It will be impressive if rofo will show us the work done in order to make such service work with the authorities permissions but for now we can't even know if any work toward the legal side has been even done.

edit: noble pay was meant to be for Aussies only, no surprise here.
All I'm saying is the page/form itself is the easy part, the hard part is to regulate it - and we have no information about what is going on (if any) with this side of things.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

An update will be released shortly (24-48 hours) with greater details. I did want it sooner and a greater understanding/email replies but they can become follow-ups.

An excerpt can be found here: https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/597401924628062208 (from a Tweet yesterday in response to AML/KYC/roadmaps)

AML/KYC is important in this one, ASIC and AUSTRAC submissions papers, business, as well as more active and working Gift/Pay. I know Pay has been on and off, but Gift has sat there working for a while. While most won't see the importance of a verified AML/KYC push and might even ***** about the government, surely you understand where it will be heading (albeit not as fast as some like as always).

My profile will also be getting more important and used to push Noble (https://au.linkedin.com/pub/jason-curby/27/9b8/994) as I await full registrations and start pushing our 'expertise'.

In some ways you have answered your own questions: why I work so slow and why it takes so long, while at the same time understanding regulation and compliance is next to non-existent and standards need to be set with blessings from government/regulatory bodies.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:10:19 PM

Well at least we are ahead of the curve in the regulatory dept. Even ahead of NXT (those boys better stay Anon). Ripple is a fine example of whats to come. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:19:29 PM

For true worldwide use, regulation will be needed, so thats a good thing Smiley
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:00:36 PM

I would still like to hear what we as a community can do to help you Rofo! I think a lot of us are willing to step up and releive some of the weight on your shoulders, if you are willing to.

Good job on the linked-in profile, stuff is getting real when it is pushed to people through something like that!

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:40:07 AM

Smiley update will come soon, isn't it?

Yes.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:16:43 PM

Yes.

Good to hear it ! Smiley also a bit more Noble/NOXT twitter action and be good to see you Rofo back in IRC!!!! Perhaps we should maybe start a NOBLE/NOXT Slack group? IMO MUCH better than IRC!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:39:59 PM

Yes.

Good to hear it ! Smiley also a bit more Noble/NOXT twitter action and be good to see you Rofo back in IRC!!!! Perhaps we should maybe start a NOBLE/NOXT Slack group? IMO MUCH better than IRC!!!

What is this slack group? IRC doesn't really feel very modern, if it can serve as an alternative, it might be Nice to use Smiley

Looking forward to the update!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:46:52 AM

I have taken the weekend to add more to the update, so that I can roll it out Monday. Gives me some extra time and the weekends are considered too quiet for tweeting.

I've had a Slack group set up for both NOBL and NOXT ready for a few weeks, and can send out invites if people want to send me an email at info@jasonlcurby.com.

Slack: https://noxt.slack.com. NorrisK it can be considered a modern browser-based IRC.

Page 1 summary covering the main areas of update. http://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/May-1.pdf

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:58:56 AM

I have taken the weekend to add more to the update, so that I can roll it out Monday. Gives me some extra time and the weekends are considered too quiet for tweeting.

I've had a Slack group set up for both NOBL and NOXT ready for a few weeks, and can send out invites if people want to send me an email at info@jasonlcurby.com.

Slack: https://noxt.slack.com. NorrisK it can be considered a modern browser-based IRC.

Page 1 summary covering the main areas of update. http://www.noblemovement.com/noxt/May-1.pdf

Great, thanks for the update! Can I ask who are the "we" in the pdf file? Did you build a team around you in Australia?
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:58:09 PM

Great, thanks for the update! Can I ask who are the "we" in the pdf file? Did you build a team around you in Australia?

great progress on noblemovement.com! Smiley Good to see things are moving forward although the May update is not a real update Wink
NoblePay, NobleGift and marketplace really looking good so far

Just tried looking at the website through my phone and the layout was weird. Is it my phone/connection or is some work to be done there?
BTC24org

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

great progress on noblemovement.com! Smiley Good to see things are moving forward although the May update is not a real update Wink
NoblePay, NobleGift and marketplace really looking good so far

Just tried looking at the website through my phone and the layout was weird. Is it my phone/connection or is some work to be done there?

probably the HP needs to be responsive
pikuchato

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:53:51 PM

Yes.

Can you stop trolling us for once?
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 09:05:12 PM

Quote from: pikuchato
Can you stop trolling us for once?

I apologise for the one day delay in the latest update. I am hoping to be able to publish it today Australian time.

pikuchato

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:14:25 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 02:44:34 AM by pikuchato

Rofo Wouldn't it be much better for you to buy those coins for 30%-50% of the ico price rather then use it for pay/gift fixed prices?
With the fixed price you are paying 0.00042 and the buyer gets the profit while with the same amount of btc you could buy X2 to X3 noxt and take it out of the circulation.

Anyway I am still waiting for a slack invitation (I sent you my email on pm and on mail as well), its about time we establish some channel of information communication after half an year.
Deadlines were aggressively postponed without providing any reasons nor information about the state of the project or the future plans for it, assuming you are not going to buy our tokens soon - we (I) would like to at least get regular updates from you about the project we are invested in.

edit: I don't question your honesty, it was my mistake going there in the first place.
I just don't understand why don't you just spit out whatever information you have? if there are problems and/or difficulties that is more then fine just let us know - no one excepts a start up to have no difficulties.
Could it be a legal reason that prohibiting you from telling us some things?
Maybe a secret agreement with third party?
My imagination is going wild on this one  Tongue but still out of ideas..
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:38:42 AM

Rofo Wouldn't it be much better for you to buy those coins for 30%-50% of the ico price rather then use it for pay/gift fixed prices?
With the fixed price you are paying 0.00042 and the buyer gets the profit while with the same amount of btc you could buy X2 to X3 noxt and take it out of the circulation.

What is the point of raising the BTC to support this if I buy it all back. On top of that there is more than double the amount of NOXT in circulation than BTC that was raised at the start, because of all of the NOBL burnt (a portion of which was dumped). I understand the reality for you is that it's not about updates or progression, but if you think I can and will buy it all back in a rush after the damage you have done and walk away from this painful marathon then you're wrong. Sorry.

Anyway I am still waiting for a slack invitation (I sent you my email on pm and on mail as well), its about time we establish some channel of information communication after half an year.

It was also set up as much as a replacement for IRC for both the NOBL and NOXT communities. Not as a channel for a bunch of people with pitchforks to hound me with scam accusations, legal threats and personal information gathering/logging. Although by now with all my friend and family details, a number of addresses and God knows what else you have of me I'm not sure I have any privacy left. I will send yours but will not be dealing with you on a more personal level.

Deadlines were aggressively postponed without providing any reasons nor information about the state of the project or the future plans for it, assuming you are not going to buy our tokens soon - we (I) would like to at least get regular updates from you about the project we are invested in.

Many of the deadlines were delayed and then ultimately met, some for reasons you know full well why. The reality of the situation is if and when I post updates (which I have), if a pump does not coincide with them the toxicity gets worse. Information on the overall state of the project and future plans have and will always be available. I will also be shifting away from certain areas I wanted to explore rather in order to focus on a few key points.

I just don't understand why don't you just spit out whatever information you have?

Because I like releasing a lot with work and details to back it up rather than tidbits that give almost nothing of substance. A six page update protects me and looks better to outsiders than tiny tidbits on this thread. I also like answering questions, but not when they are loaded and/or repetitive.

if there are problems and/or difficulties that is more then fine just let us know - no one excepts a start up to have no difficulties.

In short: the marketing and image of NOXT is completely shot to pieces, so I look personally and in the real world to move forward rather than in the cryptocurrency community.

In detail: primary problems and difficulties were and continue to be
- the organised private messages towards everyone involved in NOBL/NOXT about me being a scammer and this project having legal action taken against it
(which is false - any action and/or letters led to zero action being taken against me)
- the sell walls with demands to be bought back which spooked smaller supporters
- the loss of interest despite my request to be patient and assurances I had not gone anywhere
- the NOBL burn leading to some (very surprising) supporters taking advantage of my initial price support
- positive updates are met with negative reactions because of lack of pumps and/or volume
- image within this thread hurts immensely too if people visit it, but moderating and deleting everything would be even worse considering the usual reactions to doing so (a hundred threads in other places quoting and making things worse)

Otherwise problems outside this board and community (which I focus on instead) I need to resolve are
- regulatory and legal uncertainties and the fact I am identifiable/accountable
(so I don't market this as equity, that I'll make you all rich or pay massive and unrealistic dividends, etc.)
- my warnings about regulations/FinCEN having been realised and the need for people to understand the whitepaper, what it means and why I need to be careful
- the price and time-consuming work behind licensing
- trying to open channels with ASIC/AUSTRAC,
- balancing developing utilities in the short-term to show progress despite them rarely being used with the time-consuming work of actually trying to be relevant long-term and/or ignoring acting as a 'service' to this demographic and just working on being a business (which continues looking like a better patch)
- proving the business plan/attracting interest (image does not help) and getting that rolling so I can move forward. This final avenue personally being the most attractive to me.

Keep in mind I am also very aware of the reasons attributed to me by this board and can list them also, including the rate of work/updates and periods of silence.

I've listed them as frankly as possible, and in my updates I want to deal with them and offer solutions moving forward.

Could it be a legal reason that prohibiting you from telling us some things?
Maybe a secret agreement with third party?
My imagination is going wild on this one  Tongue but still out of ideas..

I know very well how wild your imagination goes. Sometimes it's close but sometimes it does immense damage. It generally doesn't help.

----------------------

The site should only be down a couple of hours while I make changes.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:53:07 PM

Could you elaborate on this?

I have no knowledge of what this consists of and what is being done to adhere.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 01:16:19 AM

Could you elaborate on this?

I have no knowledge of what this consists of and what is being done to adhere.

ASIC and AUSTRAC would be Australia's equivalent to the SEC and FinCEN. For the most part it is far too early, but Overstock and a number of others (NASDAQ news too) show us the technology is being increasingly realised for its potential.

I am currently applying what I can as a system to the NOXT services (can't to a platform - yet), including AML/KYC, standards and licensing. But these are taken from current regulation and don't deal specifically with blockchains themselves. If I can get a foot in the door and work with government and corporate clients in blockchain technology (anything from conceptualisation, working on a regulatory framework, new digital currency department) then the business and coin is off to a good start.

In order to achieve this I am gearing up to release the papers, an analysis and response to their enquiry into digital currency, and asking a bunch of questions from those 'on the ground' (What do we need here? How do we handle this? How do we solve this problem? Do you think this particular feature in its current state is legal? etc.) Getting the interest of others in this area and trying to work together in turning Australia/Sydney/Canberra into a nice hotbed of digital currency activity. Ripple Labs placing their first international base of operations here for the Asia region is another good sign.

It's getting harder with the old money and bigwigs of the current financial system stepping in. But we still have grass-roots, history and 'real experience' in the digital currency world. Enough so I think that a business of at least medium size can be built.

That's the business/gov. side of things. The other is the ability to legally back the digital currency with gold (with transparent and redeemable at any time claims) and allow it to be used as money. The three concerns here are 1. using a token to represent gold in storage that only you can redeem and allowing that token to be traded in a decentralized manner and spent as a currency are treated very differently. 2. pegging it already enters a digital currency into regulation under ASIC laws and 3. being an administrator of a digital currency makes the entire process even more complicated for now.

In short all this is much smoother if I can open a channel with ASIC/AUSTRAC as a small but experimental step, ideally a case study, of what things might look like in a regulated future. They already allow for many exceptions for small transactions and businesses, but being an administrator and including gold can change things. Worst case it goes nowhere but the experience aids with contracts and I can apply other features to NOXT in the future.

Dark and anonymity coins are already in good hands, so I'm interested in this side.

I personally think BTC is a testbed and we will see our own corporate/private/government chains in 5 - 10 years instead (more control, less decentralization required). Another reason why all the companies getting big investment have diverged from having Bitcoin in their name, and all cover blockchain-related services. Easy to switch from BTC and accommodate other chains/colored coins in the future, perhaps presented by their core investors? Just random food for thought.

There's a bunch of the reasoning/why behind the coming update. I hope it has made my angle slightly clearer rather than seem too convoluted.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

Is NOXT slack still happening? I emailed and dm'd but no invite!? Sad

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: