Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:24:02 AM

Any updates on the testing of the app? Lots of bugs and problems being solved?

And how is the "distribution" going to the other coin communities? Are they picking up on it?

Hope windows 10 will allow me to run the app on a working phone Wink

Rofo...? where are you? Smiley

Too busy working to follow forum probably
Argon18

Activity: 442

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:22:15 AM

Rofo...? where are you? Smiley

i guessin somewhere near this.
Where most are headed. Long Weekend and such.   Smiley

AG18

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 11:47:48 PM

we are about to enable Noble cloudstaking on our server

read more here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=901605.msg13059746#msg13059746

OR PRESS TO VISIT:

have fun
Matthias

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 11:18:55 AM

https://staisybit.com did open their gates for NOBLE
so a multicoin webwallet that can stake ur coins for u is now avaiable!

the free wallet size of https://staisybit.com is in 0.4 BTC

so u can easy deposit up to 4 million  NOBLE for a free account and test their service!

it is expected over time this will be much more than just a staking webwallet

who know maybe u will even be able access the NOBLE marketplace from there (hint hint  Wink)

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:20:08 AM

any noxt news?

Doesn't look that way Sad
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:21:43 AM

any noxt news?

Doesn't look that way Sad

lol. Here we go again.  Roll Eyes
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:40:39 AM

I'm not having a bitch or anything, I reckon stuff is going on in the background, but would just like to know what!
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:24:12 PM

I'm not having a bitch or anything, I reckon stuff is going on in the background, but would just like to know what!

I think that is understandable but maybe not relevant in decentralized crypto projects. Once you invest there's no way to get your money back, and as there's no firm  legal foundation in this space, i think expecting regular communication from a busy dev up to his eyeballs is too old school imo. Rofo has been abused quite a bit in the past so why would he bother?

I actually respect crypto devs more if they shutup and code. It's the mega posting salesmen who''ve done all the damage. I think we just have to embrace the new paradigm fully, and that means once you invest you walk away and wait. Asking for updates is 100% pointless. A scammer won't care, and an honest devs time is better spent working than posting here, especially if they've had bad experiences with trolls before. If i was rofo i would login here only when i had real news, not just pointless 'i am alive' posts
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:11:09 PM

I think that is understandable but maybe not relevant in decentralized crypto projects. Once you invest there's no way to get your money back, and as there's no firm  legal foundation in this space, i think expecting regular communication from a busy dev up to his eyeballs is too old school imo. Rofo has been abused quite a bit in the past so why would he bother?

I actually respect crypto devs more if they shutup and code. It's the mega posting salesmen who''ve done all the damage. I think we just have to embrace the new paradigm fully, and that means once you invest you walk away and wait. Asking for updates is 100% pointless. A scammer won't care, and an honest devs time is better spent working than posting here, especially if they've had bad experiences with trolls before. If i was rofo i would login here only when i had real news, not just pointless 'i am alive' posts

cool story, but noxt is not a decentralized project Smiley
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 11:53:40 PM

I make a formal application for an Australian Credit License (ACL) and Professional Indemnity Insurance this week that will take approximately 28 days. For a partnership and business linked to both the Noble beta and a yet-to-be-released app. in the Fintech space. More details will come.

The ACL is taking longer than expected due to partnership issues, and some of it is quite sensitive at the moment.

The new application is reaching a point where it can go live early next year - however I need to resolve 3rd party disputes first. I'm not sure how long this may take, as there has been reneging of responsibilities and guarantees delaying progress but not on my end.

I will release a number of new patches resolving all listed issues and with European payments this month regardless for the Noble app. and make it fully live - most of my time the last 2 months has unfortunately had to go towards my second application with third parties and dealing with delays.

It's Christmas period - so some departments or partners go into hibernation mode. I know we don't and respect that.

I'll give patch updates and info. on the second app. the moment I can. It's not in the cryptocurrency sphere, is monetized, and does not compete with the Noble app. It is also the bedrock for ACL/financial licensing in Australia and a test-bed/use-case for whatever the predominant blockchain will be (with everything I'm doing able to accommodate any/all chains rather than isolate itself on one).

The Noble app. is progressing and I am still seeking new users, but it will go live Dec. regardless as it's had long enough.

pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:00:37 AM

Thank you for the update rofo, much appreciated.
NASdaq

Activity: 304

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:17:07 AM

cool story, but noxt is not a decentralized project Smiley

huh ... of course it's a decentralised project

NOXT is a NXT asset and NOBL is a crypto coin

there's no legal entity you can sue if things go belly-up

I think rofo's doing smart thing to cover himself legally, but it's still a wild-west show - buying NOXT & NOBL doesn't give anyone any legal recourse if rofo turned out to be a crook
pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:24:10 AM

You are confusing noxt token which is decentralized with noxt project which is centralized...

edit: please don't put words in my mouth, I just said noxt is not a decentralized project.
NASdaq

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:26:38 AM

You are confusing noxt token which is decentralized with noxt project which is centralized...

edit: please don't put words in my mouth, I just said noxt is not a decentralized project.

what words did i put in your mouth?

i just disagree that noxt project is centralised coz there's no legal entity involved afaik
pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:45:12 AM

i just disagree that noxt project is centralised coz there's no legal entity involved afaik

Having a legal entity is not a requirement for a project in order to be centralized, centralized means it being controlled by a centralized identity/group - jason in this case.

"Peer-to-peer payment system dabbler, Noble (www.noblemovement.com) founder/director (centralized distributed ledger service and consultancy business), decentralized cryptocurrency NobleCoin (NOBL) founder, alternative cryptocurrency advocate, outspoken industry and manipulation critic, digital currency investment advisor, web/API/payment developer/designer"

Anyway I think this discussion is just spamming the thread, I will be happy to explain why noxt is centralized in private in case you still wonder.
I did read the whitepaper few times... Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralisation
NASdaq

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:36:19 AM

Having a legal entity is not a requirement for a project in order to be centralized, centralized means it being controlled by a centralized identity/group - jason in this case.

"Peer-to-peer payment system dabbler, Noble (www.noblemovement.com) founder/director (centralized distributed ledger service and consultancy business), decentralized cryptocurrency NobleCoin (NOBL) founder, alternative cryptocurrency advocate, outspoken industry and manipulation critic, digital currency investment advisor, web/API/payment developer/designer"

Anyway I think this discussion is just spamming the thread, I will be happy to explain why noxt is centralized in private in case you still wonder.
I did read the whitepaper few times... Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralisation

Let's agree to disagree Smiley

Also, it's not spam, but a critical discussion topic for ALL crypto. Just because particular individuals are at the center does not make the project centralized. Tim Berners-Lee is/was at the 'center' of WWW development for many years but WWW is definitely decentralised, same with bitcoin dev too (we know who the current core devs are doing all the work, but they're not legally responsible for bitcoin).

We need to separate common sense view of 'who is doing the work' with legal reality of 'who is responsible to whom, and for what'.

These issues aren't spam, but key philosophical points of interest.

IMO NOXT is not a legal security, and rofo is almost a sole trader from a business point of view. That's what the law would say (hopefully), otherwise rofo could be in deep trouble for securities violations. If you bought NOXT you didn't buy a 'share' in anything. What you bought is something different, new, and decentralised, and it might be valuable one day, but there isn't a legal contract anywhere to be seen, and that's why I think NOXT is still decentralised.

During the time spent researching and preparing these proposals to move forward into 2015, as well as through a surprisingly extensive professional network outside of bitcointalk I very quickly came to know of the impending SEC crackdown on downright fraudulent misrepresentations regarding securities, equity, dividends and investment. My Twitter began warning about the growing problem before news started surfacing but unfortunately I am considered quite the 'negative Nancy' until things came to a head. I am approaching this project very slowly to make sure members understand what it represents and what it does not. I am also being careful to make sure that nothing I am presenting still 'quacks like a duck (security)' even though it isn't called a 'duck' (security). There are grey areas still for me and some risks which while I am uneasy about seem acceptable, however I will be very proactive here as the scene matures rather than hide in loopholes. In short, I am crowd funding the idea and rewarding supporters with 'tokens' (colored coins) that give them exclusive access to the infrastructure & services and many perks/rewards for helping me realise this. These are not securities, do not currently represent a stake in a company, nor do they guarantee profit-sharing or a return. I want to provide legal value to the coins, I want to build the systems around them and promote the technology, and I want to license and regulate myself to grow this project to full potential for everyone involved for many years - I do not want to end up in trouble with the law. So there are things I can and am happy to promise, and there are things I will not guarantee. The legalities section of the whitepaper heavily expands on this paragraph with a lot of referenced material, but please ask away.

from OP
szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 06:42:33 AM

edit: please don't put words in my mouth, I just said noxt is not a decentralized projecto

i think pikuchato means the governance of the project. Lets ASSUME Rofo would never appear again.
It would have a very hight chance to die in the current stage
(its about the stage of a project, its about the mind of an exiting community, NOT about a founding gap).
And pikuchato is correct in my view, same is for 98% of all projects here on bitcointalk including my own, Europecoin
in the beginning but there jumped many in in and it COULD survive if  I would vanish, but the chance would be not too high either.
But thats it, decentralisation at the social layer is a PROCESS, not a property.

Nearly ALL Projects are one Person has a initial Idea/Plan/Vision,
may share it and then others follow, Thats not a decentratizized strukture eben when the Project is
building an TECHNICAL decentralized  system that  COULD get SOCIALY decentral over time. (like happened to Bitcoin)
This is not eval, but it is how things start - even bitcoin.

Did you realize how strange it is, that coins, left by their maintainer normally die?
(Beware: IRONIC SATIRE ATTEMPT) Well a vanished developer is a bad thing,
we had this in Btrcoin we don't want to have that again ... lol
from perspective from today’s people, even (spoiler: blaspheme attempt)  
Sathoshi Nakamoto could get named scammer.
(dont even dare to put THESE words into my mouth: its an example)

in my first paper on the ERC takeover i wrote my opinion, that the biggest gap, we will have to fill,
is the decentralization of our minds, how we think, function and govern (or  not govern) as a society.
This (great) discussion here, draws the full picture of what i meant with that.

By the way, great to heart from you Rofo, PM me if you need help with your hosting.

have fun
Matthias

pikuchato

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:12:20 AM

It is much simpler, I am not talking about centralization forced by being depended on the dev(s) like any other crypto coin, those coins are still decentralized as far as much I concern.

Those decentralized projects like noble coin, can be taken over by anyone - if the majority will agree on a new chain it will become the new ledger of noblecoin - classic decentralization - the majority wins.

This is not the case here, no one can take over on anything because those decentralized tokens of noxt worth nothing without rofo's work, actually it is agreed the cycle of noxt will end when rofo will finish to buy all noxt tokens back and own 100% of them - so basically those tokens represent the work of jason in the crypto currency field, this is why it was so easy for him to make changes dynamically when needed, he is the only one who need to agree to such changes - it is 100% his project.

you see the line "I am crowd funding..." in the op? it is not a decentralized project being led by 1 dev, it is 1 dev running a project under his name, those tokens should represent his future earnings from the crypto field in case he will have any (I know there is no guarantee for success or any return like I mentioned few times).

Edit: We are already in the gray field so maybe it is time to note this is *my* opinion, Although I am quite sure I am right Tongue

szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 07:19:34 AM

It is much simpler, I am not talking about centralization forced by being depended on the dev(s) like any other crypto coin, those coins are still decentralized as far as much I concern.

Those decentralized projects like noble coin, can be taken over by anyone - if the majority will agree on a new chain it will become the new ledger of noblecoin - classic decentralization - the majority wins.

This is not the case here, no one can take over on anything because those decentralized tokens of noxt worth nothing without rofo's work, actually it is agreed the cycle of noxt will end when rofo will finish to buy all noxt tokens back and own 100% of them - so basically those tokens represent the work of jason in the crypto currency field, this is why it was so easy for him to make changes dynamically when needed, he is the only one who need to agree to such changes - it is 100% his project.

you see the line "I am crowd funding..." in the op? it is not a decentralized project being led by 1 dev, it is 1 dev running a project under his name, those tokens should represent his future earnings from the crypto field in case he will have any (I know there is no guarantee for success or any return like I mentioned few times).

fully agree
the tokens, that are funding his work are central (by nature)
the coins are "technical" decentral and could prove decentral "as a society", when needed.

i think we mean the same
correct?

Buy$Polar

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:24:18 AM

Newbie Question?

It seems to me , your example is if the majority can redirect the chain , it is a decentralized project.

What if someone beside Rofo purchased all of the Noxt Tokens and kept them, would that not put them in charge of Noxt instead of Rofo, especially if they started their own separate app.  And in your example make it decentralized.
Or are you saying Rofo can control the Noxt token no matter who buys it.

Thanks.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: