Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EFL] Electronic Gulden | The Netherlands  (Read 82185 times)
bitwise-shifted

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:08:04 AM

Nice to see the price heading up. I bought mine last year and have held coins all this time. Needs to go a bit higher before I get too excited though  Grin
Wait till it crosses the 1 euro boundary. Then it wil all be worth while and proven.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:21:53 PM

Nice to see the price heading up. I bought mine last year and have held coins all this time. Needs to go a bit higher before I get too excited though  Grin

The only reason I have bought coins is because psychoticboy is buying up and I think he will push the price to over 15k after 2 more reductions, but if he decides to dump out of EFL then we are totally fucked.lol
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:47:51 PM

The only reason I have bought coins is because psychoticboy is buying up and I think he will push the price to over 15k after 2 more reductions, but if he decides to dump out of EFL then we are totally fucked.lol

you're not a visionary nor an investor, just an especulator. Assume the risk
But you can change that helping EFL Wink more services, more exchanges, merchants... Wink
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:35:56 PM

But you can change that helping EFL Wink more services, more exchanges, merchants... Wink

I like EFL as a trading coin because of the low supply. As soon as you add merchants the price will be pushed down as people buy. Guldencoin is a good example of why merchants and services is a bad idea for price gains but it's great as a currency.
mother_goose

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:17:28 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 08:02:05 AM by mother_goose

I like EFL as a trading coin because of the low supply. As soon as you add merchants the price will be pushed down as people buy. Guldencoin is a good example of why merchants and services is a bad idea for price gains but it's great as a currency.
About the low supply  : You are missing the point, literally here Smiley . There is no such thing as low supply with cryptocurrencies. You are tricked by the decimal point. You can put the decimal point anywhere at your convenience. Even a satoshi is not a hard limit. There is no fundamental difference between NLG and EFL with respect to supply, because they are "infinitely" devisable. NLG just has the decimal point about two positions to the right. To make you feel richer ? What a joke  Cheesy . Now they think the price goes down because there are too many of them (being mined/inflation). That reasoning is so fundamentally wrong that I am astounded by their (who are they ?) stupidity. When you want to compare things you will first have to normalize. Compare NLG with Bitcoin for example :
- There will be 80 times as many NLG as Bitcoin (or EFL) ever (if they keep their hands of their settings)
- NLG is being mined at a rate of 225 per minute (after some manipulation Bitwise mentioned before), Bitcoin at a rate of 2.5 per minute and EFL at a rate of 6.25 per minute
If you normalize the NLG amount with Bitcoin you would get 2.8 NLG per minute which means that the rate of inflation is currently about the same as with bitcoin and less than half of the EFL inflation rate. If you would only look at "available supply" the picture only changes slightly (there are currently 20 times as many NLG as Bitcoin/EFL)
And now they are trying to trick the market again by forging their fundamentals by a factor 10 Huh If you don't understand the above you will not be able to understand marketbehaviour when they change inflation rate arbitrary again. If you arbitrate, people need to trust the arbitrator. That is the exact opposite of what cryptocurrencies are intended for.

About being great as a currency : Any cryptocoin is potentially great as a currency, although a larger marketcap and a predictable value is greater. Cryptomoney is great because it is rare, portable, recognizable, durable and devisable.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:58:18 PM

Agreed on the merchant point.
The low supply is gonna be related with people considering the coin "a store of value" or a "day to day coin".
but I dont get why you prefer low supply coin for trading...
Anyway, you can help on the exchanges side.  Wink that would make the price rise. Wink
new exchanges=more people buying
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:28:39 PM

About the low supply  : You are missing the point, literally here Smiley . There is no such thing as low supply with cryptocurrencies. You are tricked by the decimal point. You can put the decimal point anywhere at your convenience. Even a satoshi is not a hard limit. There is no fundamental difference between NLG and EFL with respect to supply, because they are "infinitely" devisable. NLG just has the decimal point about two positions to the right. To make you feel richer ? What a joke  Cheesy . Now they think the price goes down because there are too many of them (being mined/inflation). That reasoning is so fundamentally wrong that I am astounded by their (who are they ?) stupidity. When you want to compare things you will first have to normalize. Compare NLG with Bitcoin for example :
- There will be 80 times as many NLG as Bitcoin (or EFL) ever (if they keep their hands of their settings)
- NLG is being mined at a rate of 225 per minute (after some manipulation Bitwise mentioned before), Bitcoin at a rate of 2.5 per minute and EFL at a rate of 6.25 per minute
If you normalize the NLG amount with Bitcoin you would get 2.8 NLG per minute which means that the rate of inflation is currently about the same as with bitcoin and less than half of the EFL inflation rate. If you would only look at "available supply" the picture only changes slightly (there are currently 20 times as many NLG as Bitcoin/EFL)
And now they are trying to trick the market again by forging their fundamentals by a factor 10 Huh If you don't understand the above you will not be able to understand marketbehaviour when they change inflation rate arbitrary again. If you arbitrate, people need to trust the arbitrator. That is the exact opposite of what cryptocurrencies are intended for.

About being great as a currency : Any cryptocoin is potentially great as a currency, although a larger marketcap and a predictable value is greater. Cryptomoney is great because it is rare, portable, recognizable, durable and devisable.

Let me rather use Digibyte as example as NLG stir up emotion on this ANN and EFL stir up emotion on NLG ANN.

Psychoticboy would not touch Digibyte or Doge because you can't control a market with so many coins, but the price is very stable compared to low supply coins. With EFL just 20 btc I can pump price very high but risk a dump from Niels or PB. What makes this coin fun is the volatile price swings.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:26:27 AM

Let me rather use Digibyte as example as NLG stir up emotion on this ANN and EFL stir up emotion on NLG ANN.

Psychoticboy would not touch Digibyte or Doge because you can't control a market with so many coins, but the price is very stable compared to low supply coins. With EFL just 20 btc I can pump price very high but risk a dump from Niels or PB. What makes this coin fun is the volatile price swings.

you're talking about low market cap coins not low supply coins
Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:13:54 PM

In the meantime, what do you guys think about my serbian skills? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9P28kcqe4
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:44:38 AM

Will coin be pumped to 7000 after halving?
mother_goose

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:04:17 AM

Introspection : Why do I hate the word pumping so much ?

I think it is because every time I see the word it is surrounded by sarcasm. Irony is ok, but sarcasm is bitter, crude and definitely damaging. If you would do it once you might seem to express intellectual superiority, but if you keep repeating it the effect is the contrary and very annoying indeed.

I admire EFLfoundation that it refrains from commenting. Bitwise shifted addressed the issue rather politely in his reply https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843017.msg11940577#msg11940577 . I would say that it is perfectly normal market behaviour when you buy your own shares at times you can afford it. If I understand it well the foundation itself is non-profit and the balance of their bitcoin donation address is zero. I don't see any commercial activity, so I expect their other balances will be close to zero too. That would mean that any buying activities are private investments.

That makes me cheer for the foundation and for their substantial altruistic contribution to the crypto landscape
EFLisTheBest

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:31:50 PM

The price will double (minimum) each halving because each coin becomes more valuable.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:54:56 PM

The price will double (minimum) each halving because each coin becomes more valuable.

I am not greedy. 50% btc profit is all I am after . Price of 6000 would make me happy.
Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:57:46 PM

I am not greedy. 50% btc profit is all I am after . Price of 6000 would make me happy.

Put some buy orders in at 1500 some maniac is willing to let go at any price, you can get 100% in an hour atm Smiley
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:07:55 PM

EFL almost top 100 coin on coinmarketcap, shows what good value this coin has already. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/efl/ over 18.1 million coins out and only 2.9 million left to be mined. Will people be raising the value to 8000 to make it worth it for miners when block rewards halve?
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:48:40 AM

EFL almost top 100 coin on coinmarketcap, shows what good value this coin has already. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/efl/ over 18.1 million coins out and only 2.9 million left to be mined. Will people be raising the value to 8000 to make it worth it for miners when block rewards halve?

It must double in price to keep hash rate up or it will halve and make the blockchain less secure. Buy a few coins and sell after the price rise.

Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:35:52 AM

The halving will be in 2 weeks at block 420 000,  come people buy coins before price of 7000 is made.
bitwise-shifted

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:21:11 AM

The halving will be in 2 weeks at block 420 000,  come people buy coins before price of 7000 is made.

How about 4 weeks to go. We are at 399000 now, 21000 to go, 720/day=30 days
Dutchyyy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:00:48 PM

What is EFL ave block time meant to be? I always thought it was 60 seconds and not 120 seconds.
EFLFoundation (OP)

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:27:49 PM

The halving will be in 2 weeks at block 420 000,  come people buy coins before price of 7000 is made.

What is EFL ave block time meant to be? I always thought it was 60 seconds and not 120 seconds.

It is and will always be 120 seconds : https://github.com/Electronic-Gulden-Foundation/egulden
Average that is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: