Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet  (Read 119977 times)
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

BTC fee down to 3% till the end of the year Smiley

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:19:34 PM

BTC fee down to 3% till the end of the year Smiley

Could you change the:
Code:
https://faucetbox.com/robots.txt

to

Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /leave
Disallow: /en/check/

Someone has posted direct link with my wallet ID on this forum and I think now google is switching ON/OFF my "Payout delayed" 2 times a day.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:41:07 PM

Robots.txt updated, Google shouldn't bother you anymore Smiley

NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:23:59 AM

Thanks.

Keep in mind that this may affect also the "media partner" bot which is serving the google ads. So if the ads disappear in a day or two ... you will have to search another solution. Maybe button with javascript onclick instead of <a href=... for the hold/unhold.

There are also robots.txt hacks to allow only google ads etc.
asmal

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:39:24 AM

good info, google cant bother us anymore  Grin
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:07:48 AM

I know about the Google Ads, robots.txt is a short-term solution.
A mid-term solution will be changing a GET link to a POST button, Google's bot won't click that.
A long-term solution will be ditching the Delay/Resume system in favor of setting a custom payout limit Smiley

So many things to do... Smiley

dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:12:40 AM

A mid-term solution will be changing a GET link to a POST button, Google's bot won't click that.
not true for a long time: http://www.thumbtack.com/engineering/googlebot-makes-post-requests-via-ajax/

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:21:14 AM

Hi,
I tried to add my faucets http://doge.btcearn.ml/, http://prime.btcearn.ml/ and http://peercoin.btcearn.ml/ and I checked them - they all are paying and show their balances. You approved http://doge.btcearn.ml/ but it is stated as Possibly broken, two others were rejected. How can we fix it? Thanks

Added your DOGE Faucet to my rotator!

I have http://dogecoin.captchas.rocks and it works well

Thanks again for this great script

Added this one to my rotator as well! And you got higher priority (yours is always shown first) due to having the best payments, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitcoin-GPU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:14:40 AM

Hello, I have a question. Smiley

When you release updates, is it ok to backup and reupload the templates/spaceracket/index.php file?

Every time I update I lose my ad blocks. So when that happens I lose the advertisers who paid for that block.  I'm kind of sure it would be ok to backup and reupload this file but I just wanted to make sure.

https://ownbitcoins.net My Bitcoin faucet
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:06:20 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 01:07:06 PM by Kazuldur

When you release updates, is it ok to backup and reupload the templates/spaceracket/index.php file?

Every time I update I lose my ad blocks. So when that happens I lose the advertisers who paid for that block.  I'm kind of sure it would be ok to backup and reupload this file but I just wanted to make sure.

Hello Smiley. It should be okay, but you should test it after the update every time.

EDIT: I would suggest you copying the SpaceRacket directory to SpaceRacket-custom or smth like that. It'll show up as a new template in admin panel. Simply change to it and then updates won't overwrite your customizations Smiley

bitcoin-GPU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

Every time I update I lose my ad blocks. So when that happens I lose the advertisers who paid for that block.  I'm kind of sure it would be ok to backup and reupload this file but I just wanted to make sure.

Hello Smiley. It should be okay, but you should test it after the update every time.

EDIT: I would suggest you copying the SpaceRacket directory to SpaceRacket-custom or smth like that. It'll show up as a new template in admin panel. Simply change to it and then updates won't overwrite your customizations Smiley

Thank you much! Now I should not lose any more advertising.

https://ownbitcoins.net My Bitcoin faucet
karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:58:07 AM

I am now offering to install, host and promote a faucetbox faucet for you (100% free)   Grin

Get full details here: http://moneyinpjs.com/forums/index.php/topic,199.0.html

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:45:52 AM

could a faucetbox faucet be combined with a game? I mean that each visitor will get for example 300 satoshis
and can also play a game to win more satoshis without risking his satoshis also not the 300 satoshis he received for the visit?
just a gimmck to attract more visitors

thanks
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 08:49:07 AM

could a faucetbox faucet be combined with a game? I mean that each visitor will get for example 300 satoshis
and can also play a game to win more satoshis without risking his satoshis also not the 300 satoshis he received for the visit?

thanks
I have no doubt that is possible, however it will have to be custom code from either yourself or another developer.
Also, if you're allowing the user to keep the original satoshis and play the game for free, it may use more money than you are making from ads.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

thanks
I have no doubt that is possible, however it will have to be custom code from either yourself or another developer.
Also, if you're allowing the user to keep the original satoshis and play the game for free, it may use more money than you are making from ads.

thanks for the prompt answer. to be frank I am not a coder. I have ideas thats all Smiley but the main question is if it would be possible to do it with faucetbox because the payments for the winners of the game need to  be handled. the original free satoshis for visit will be handled by faucetbox (as I understood) but who and how will the winners of the game be paid? also through faucetbox?

regarding
if you're allowing the user to keep the original satoshis and play the game for free, it may use more money than you are making from ads.

I am a noob and thought the more visitors the faucet will have the more one earn from ads. if yes so all payouts will be decided by math

please tell what I am missing here. I am still learning and would like to try my faucet idea Smiley

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

thanks for the prompt answer. to be frank I am not a coder. I have ideas thats all Smiley but the main question is if it would be possible to do it with faucetbox because the payments for the winners of the game need to  be handled. the original free satoshis for visit will be handled by faucetbox (as I understood) but who and how will the winners of the game be paid? also through faucetbox?

regarding
if you're allowing the user to keep the original satoshis and play the game for free, it may use more money than you are making from ads.

I am a noob and thought the more visitors the faucet will have the more one earn from ads. if yes so all payouts will be decided by math

please tell what I am missing here. I am still learning and would like to try my faucet idea Smiley

FaucetBOX.com doesn't care what's the reason for sending coins to users. So it doesn't matter whether it's just for a visit or it's a bonus for playing a game, it'll be handled the same way.
More users usually mean more money from ads, bonus for a game also means more satoshis spent, both are true. You'd have to balance it, just like usual.
I have my old script of btcgame.net somewhere. It was a game in which I was giving out 0.01 BTC everyday and it was divided between players according to the score they had in the game. Maybe I'll migrate it to the FaucetBOX.com and make it public if I find enough free time Smiley

elm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:47:49 AM

regarding

FaucetBOX.com doesn't care what's the reason for sending coins to users. So it doesn't matter whether it's just for a visit or it's a bonus for playing a game, it'll be handled the same way.
More users usually mean more money from ads, bonus for a game also means more satoshis spent, both are true. You'd have to balance it, just like usual.
I have my old script of btcgame.net somewhere. It was a game in which I was giving out 0.01 BTC everyday and it was divided between players according to the score they had in the game. Maybe I'll migrate it to the FaucetBOX.com and make it public if I find enough free time Smiley

thanks for clarifying that faucetbox will handle the payments. IMO very important that visitors will know that OP of faucet has enough coins in faucetbox wallet/account to make the promised payments.

regarding possible ads income, are there any numbers public to check how many visits or pageviews or/and ads clicks will bring xxx profit? this would make it easy for me to adjust faucet payouts. or maybe a fuacet owner can shed some light for a noob who wants a faucet Smiley

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 10:36:52 AM

regarding possible ads income, are there any numbers public to check how many visits or pageviews or/and ads clicks will bring xxx profit? this would make it easy for me to adjust faucet payouts. or maybe a fuacet owner can shed some light for a noob who wants a faucet Smiley
The thing is that with almost all ad networks, the CPM (Cost per 1,000 views) or CPC (Cost per click) can vary between which ad is being displayed. This means that you can earn $1 and $10 the next. There is no real measurement on how much you can earn using ad networks.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:50:37 AM

The thing is that with almost all ad networks, the CPM (Cost per 1,000 views) or CPC (Cost per click) can vary between which ad is being displayed. This means that you can earn $1 and $10 the next. There is no real measurement on how much you can earn using ad networks.

so knowing by doing? Smiley  anyway 1$  per CPC or CPM would be a lot IMO and I wouldnt expect this amount. but is there a minimum CPM amount that I could calculate with in case of 20k +  pageviews a day?

oh how about if visitors using ad blocker? how are faucet owners handle it?
thanks
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:55:32 AM

so knowing by doing? Smiley  anyway 1$  per CPC or CPM would be a lot IMO and I wouldnt expect this amount. but is there a minimum CPM amount that I could calculate with in case of 20k +  pageviews a day?

oh how about if visitors using ad blocker? how are faucet owners handle it?
thanks

There's no minimum CPM. My CPC on different faucets varied from $0.1 to $2. Just think about it as an investition. The worst thing that can happen is losing some coins in the first month, but then you'll know what to expect Smiley

Personally I don't do anything about ad blockers, it's not worth it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: