Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115849 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:17:30 PM

Just a comment on price :

Bitcoin is in a cooling phase now for at least the next 3-4 weeks. Probably staying in the 440-460 range for up to the next month.
There is an opportunity for alt coin prices to take advantage of this window.

You may see Factom rise in this time frame Smiley
As well as some other alts.

I dont think we ll see any major movement in the next month or so of any coin. After that, halving starts to kick in. BTC goes up for sure, the rest, well, we ll see.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 12:04:09 PM

Bitcoin is in a cooling phase now for at least the next 3-4 weeks. Probably staying in the 440-460 range for up to the next month.

I dont think we ll see any major movement in the next month or so of any coin. After that, halving starts to kick in. BTC goes up for sure, the rest, well, we ll see.

most alts did lower in price already as preparation of what will come

i expect in fact a glorious rise of alts after bitcoin halving

and i expect the halving to have much less impact than people belive

that BTC did recover from like 250 to 500$ will be the halving effect

it could spike up to 800 but it wont stay there

500-600$ is what i expect BTC price 2 months after halving

and the guys who shift their BTC towards alts at the halving spike will smile a lot

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:48:48 PM

My strategy is nearly always the same: I buy into a project that I see as promising and then I watch the development over time. And that's never boring, because I highly focus on "context". Every piece of information, even if it doesn't seem to be directly relevant for a specific project, can be helpful to get a bigger picture, which is needed to evaluate correctly what is relevant. And over time it all together becomes clearer. In some projects I believe to see more negative than positive signs and I sell. In some it's the other way around and I buy more.

In Factom I bought nearly to all prices. Most of my FCT's in the first three months after launch, but I also bought in early January and I bought the last weeks after the "pump-n-dump" in march.

I still believe that a lot of ppl come to wrong conclusions about Factom because they try to understand and evaluate it out of a wrong context. But Crypto has already changed and Factom is one of the projects that are different, not just the system but also the team. Exactly that is good and not bad.

That's my strategy mostly as well. I also follow people, and have had good success at finding coins early from seeing where respected forum users are posting. There's not one single key factor but if 4-5 guys with good credentials are following an alt I take notice. That's how I found Factom
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:08:05 PM

and the guys who shift their BTC towards alts at the halving spike will smile a lot

+1 This is close to what I think will happen. No major BTC growth but still growth. Alts will probably also get lots of attention.

whiteorg72

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:09:25 PM

Factom Technical Analysis for 05/13/2016 – Will 0.00255 Turn Into Support?
http://themerkle.com/factom-technical-analysis-for-05132016-will-0-00255-turn-into-support/

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:38:00 PM

+1 This is close to what I think will happen. No major BTC growth but still growth. Alts will probably also get lots of attention.

Could be right, but I believe that Bitcoin is very hard to predict. That's why I think more in scenarios and a lot of "if's". Safe is: The Bitcoin-price will play a role for Factom and the whole market. And my guess is, that we will see a rising BTC-price because miners need it after the halving. If it wouldn't rise the result most likely will be more centralization out of economical reasons. That's why I expect a natural price-rise and if that shouldn't happen: manipulation. Not just out of short-term-profit-intentions but like I've said: I believe it will need a higher price.

The scenarios for Bitcoin are in my opinion:

1. It could theoretically even go down. It's unlikely but always possible and some problems (Blocksize-debate for example) are not solved yet. And while there might be no objective reason to dump Bitcoins, something like the "Mike-Hearn-Affair" is always possible. Or if Mr. Wright should find his keys and move some early coins, the market might panic... ;-) (but yes, not very likely).

2. It could stay where it is for some time, little up and little downs. It's possible for some weeks maybe, but I believe it's very unlikely over the next months. A stable BTC-price would be my favorite scenario because it would give Factom and others time and room to grow (first), but the halving is not even 2 months ahead: http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com  

3. It could steadily increase over months. But I'm not sure if that is likely or not. I more believe that the combination of a stable rising Bitcoin-price plus the halving in mind would lead into a hype.

4. Hype: The price could explode like it did in late 2013. And that's what I believe will happen. Not sure when and how high it can go but even new ATH's are possible. I believe even 5000 Dollar are possible. Right before the bubble in 2013 there was the Silk-Road-Crash and the ATH was 13 times above just 2 months later.

I expected scenario 4 earlier to be honest. I expected it already last year and then I believed it would happen earlier this year etc. Maybe it won't happen but I believe it's more a question of "when" than a question of "if". And of course, nobody knows if it "just" doubles or if we will see a new ATH. And it could be that it doesn't happen at all, but it would need bad news.

But, currently I'm nearly all in Factom. And I know that some maybe would ask why I stay in Factom if I believe Bitcoin will shoot up? The reason is: The longer it lasts until the BTC-price goes up, the higher the chances that we could see a rising Factom-price before.

If I should be wrong with what I believe about the BTC-price and it should stay where it is or even go down, Factom has more potential and could be also the safer place to be. Factom is also better if there should be really bad problems with Bitcoin. I don't expect that and in such a scenario projects like Ethereum would benefit more than Factom, but Factom is flexible enough not to be totally dependent on Bitcoin.

If Bitcoin should start a pump soon while Factom still needs some time, the price for FCT's would go down first. That's safe in my opinion. But: With a delay more and more BTC would flow into other projects. And especially because Factom has natural relations to Bitcoin, it would benefit a lot, more than Ethereum which would most likely suffer.

So, my very simple conclusion is:

1) If it's all good with Factom, if there won't be good news but also no bad news, quiet times won't hurt. If it should go down a little bit because Bitcoin goes up, it's just a question of time that Factom would follow - especially if there will be good news in the future and I see no reason why not.

2) If the Factom-team should announce something big before Bitcoin goes up, Factom would establish at a higher price. Maybe even hype before Bitcoin (if that should happen). That's my favorite scenario... first Factom then Bitcoin and then Factom again. ;-)  

3) If Bitcoin should go up and the Factom team would have good news during a hyping Bitcoin, Factom would benefit from the high attention of a hyping BTC-price.

4) If there would be bad news for Factom, and I mean something really bad, a rising Bitcoin-price would make it even worse - at least in short-term and a stable BTC-price wouldn't help much.

The interesting thing is: Bitcoin will have much effect on the Factom-price, in all scenarios. But just in short-term while the most important aspect will always be Factom itself - also in all possible scenarios. That's the reason why there are not much scenarios in which I would sell much Factoids. Just... if the market should drive it up to highs I wouldn't see as rational and if I would expect a hyping Bitcoin soon. Then I would sell, but with the intention to buy with more Bitcoin-value into Factom again at a cheaper FCT-price.

Plus: In Factom it's always possible that they come around the corner with something big. Some may complain about quiet times and a delayed release of M2, but I don't expect that they will announce an announcement. I expect that they will just release it without any "warning" before. That could be a risk for those who sell now or tomorrow or next week. In best case they would release M2 and come up with some great business-news (a great partnership) soon after.

It's also possible that there will be something like a worst-case-scenario somewhere in the future. But that's possible everywhere in Crypto and in (nearly) all investments. So, my basic-conclusion is: Without bad news or at least bad signs I see no reason to sell. And no matter what Bitcoin will do, before all it's a question of time.

And if we would compare different Bitcoin-price-scenarios in relation to ETH... While Factom will benefit of all scenarios, except bad news for Factom itself, Ethereum will benefit most likely just out of one scenario: A falling Bitcoin-price and even more if there are fundamental problems with Bitcoin. But if the Bitcoin-price should go up and solutions for the limited blocksize should be found, Ethereum could come into trouble while Factom would benefit.

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:42:21 AM

Haha, as u say, that s a lot of IFs in one post.

whiteorg72

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:22:16 AM

Wonder, why everyone thinks halving has Bitcoin, Bitcoin price must necessarily rise. Remember what happened to Litecoin, then also all been waiting for that since halving has, Litecoin costs should rise, but this did not happen, the price remained at the same level or even declined slightly, it is also possible to be Bitcoin this time.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:30:35 AM

Yes, but there are always a lot of (and even more) if's everywhere.

And more important: The conclusion stays (nearly) the same, that I will stay in Factom.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 11:19:05 AM

Wonder, why everyone thinks halving has Bitcoin, Bitcoin price must necessarily rise. Remember what happened to Litecoin, then also all been waiting for that since halving has, Litecoin costs should rise, but this did not happen, the price remained at the same level or even declined slightly, it is also possible to be Bitcoin this time.

i remember litecoin
thats why i said the raise from 250 to 500 is maybe all the halving effect we will see

ltc was long around 1.50$ then it had a pre halving hype up to 9$

and at halving itself nothing happened and price stabilized at 3$

similar for BTC is possible

what i consider as sure is that the alt coin market paralyzis will be cured after BTC halving

and we will face interesting times

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:32:19 AM

LTC did go up, just before halving. Just it didnt stay up. But BTC mining s big time different.

GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:30:23 PM

'speculation' is the name of the game in the cryptosphere
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:34:42 AM

Hi,

I'm maintaining Cryptocoins – the most complete vector/webfont cryptocurrency icon pack; just released a new update (2.0) including Factom!

Hope you won't mind me posting here (other communities appreciate it).
If you like the work, tip me crypto and support further development:

FCT: FA3LPwBVnhgfTXCJkfZQ7bD1hdzLomuqvGE9x9d2VuqkX8Lshvir
BTC: 1Aqbc5M4Wt5KiZK5mq7VzQ4gWJKJGUufpW

Cheers!
~ Allien

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:22:13 AM

Hi,

I'm maintaining Cryptocoins – the most complete vector/webfont cryptocurrency icon pack; just released a new update (2.0) including Factom!

Cheers!
~ Allien

An icon pack? What is this for?

systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:31:27 AM

An icon pack? What is this for?

Well, crypto is the internet money, right? Internet is made of websites/apps, icons are used there. Is that good enough? Smiley

The original use case (when there were just a fraction of them) was for users to e.g. display donation addresses with them. Now it seems like they'll be used in a crypto exchange which is currently in development.

IOW, use them wherever you want, they're all GPL-licenced.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:12:29 PM

Hi,

Cheers!
~ Allien

You do not have symbol Bitcoin - both on the link below-
http://bitcoinsymbol.org/
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:31:10 AM

I've been seeing a lot of 'cleaning up code' occuring in various updates in github... Perhaps a sign of M2 coming very soon. Hmmmm. Great time to buy imo.
Yep.  Excellent price action right now.  I like what I'm seeing.
CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:51:40 AM

Today world's first energy blockchain laboratory released in Beijing - Factom's Wang Liren has co-sponsored it with Fujitsu and others.

http://mt.sohu.com/20160516/n449645008.shtml

http://m.bjx.com.cn/default.aspx/733661/

Make sure you google translate it.

VP of Factom, Wang Liren
http://beijing.thegmic.cn/gmicbj/en-speaker.php?PersonID=20160310

Seems like there are many moving pieces and things going on behind the scenes that the market isn't pricing in; that only lasts for so long  Wink
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:15:00 AM

I've been seeing a lot of 'cleaning up code' occuring in various updates in github... Perhaps a sign of M2 coming very soon. Hmmmm. Great time to buy imo.
Yep.  Excellent price action right now.  I like what I'm seeing.

It would be nice to see another Ether jump followed by the Factom jump, followed by M2 activation.

whiteorg72

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:33:17 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2016, 08:44:53 AM by whiteorg72

Factom must be on Global Blockchain Summith 2016. June 22-24, 2016, Beijing, China.
http://www.global-blockchain-summit.com/beijing/en/

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: