Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115849 times)
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:11:41 AM

From a technical perspective, this is the healthiest I've seen the Factom charts in a long, long time.

I suspect we're in for an uptrend.

I dont think traders and speculators will let Factom go out of this nice +/- 5% loop. Great for ping pong trading.

The only thing which can break this trend if that fucking M2.

Bye!! Stop Ranting, We dont care.

Maybe u like losing money but I m sure lots of other people WILL care.

Dollar price factom is above 1 again, it is holding up nicely.
bioly

Activity: 200
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:48:47 AM

So the FUD begining, time to buy  Grin
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:08:36 AM

Well, I m officially out of Factom, I do not own a single Factoid anymore.

This huge M2 delay made me think Factom s big time stuck. Also, I seriously do not see anything Factom can do which cannot be performed by Ether anyway and Ether DOES DELIVER on time.

Good luck to the Factom team and all Factoid holders, I hope you do end up with a profit.

I'm glad. Nobody owes you anything, and your comments came out of desperation as a bagholder that probably bought at 800k.

Also, do you even "github" ? To me, the project seems to be very close to M2. Anyways, good luck on your future investments.

Actually i can understand CrazyIvan hes post, The factom team need to hire some people that actually can give answers and talk to people.
Mostly what they are doing is selling overpriced entry coins and buying them cheap of the market back. No wonder they dont mind
a very cheap price. Every cheap factom now is a great way for them to increase their holdings or get some $.

I liked Factom a lot but nowadays it only gives a sour taste in my mouth.

It was really a miracle actually they posted 10 post ago something, Only need to take them 2 weeks.

Actually their usage isnt increasing at all probably cause of their lack of development, My guess people would love to switch to TIERION (google it) cause their cheaper
better and they do DELIVER.
I got the feeling that Brian/Factom purposely was choosing to not answer crazyivan's questions/posts.
And yes, the model seems to favour low FCT price, if ive understood it correctly.

the model only favors low price for Factom, Lower price means more coins buy-back and more profits for their foundation.

That is not true. Why do you and some others still believe that? How should that work?

Oke Tempus then answer this i might be wrong.

The Entry coins are beeing sold on a Fixed price right ?

Factoids give a steady conversion rate atm right ?

So if company's buy Entry coins for $200 in the store, then factom can buy for that $200 new coins what in conversion now means they can buy much more then they used in first place.

They can sell EC's for a higher price then 1/10 cent while they convert (for the customer) FCT's to EC's at a value of 1/10 cents - the difference is the profit. And that is what they do in the Store (but I highly doubt that it's for bigger companies and partnerships). Either way, that has nothing to do with the FCT-price. They can do that with FCT's at 90 cent and they could do the same with a price at 9 Dollar. Low prices are no benefit for them. Btw: You could do that as well.

Actually i dont think the customers even see FCT they just buy EC from the shop, so they actually will not see the conversion rate.
So actually i believe your wrong how much entry coins does a Factoid give now ?

If Factom can sell for example $200 for 40k entry's

What will be the amount of Entry coins we get for approx. 200 coins atm ?
Every entry above the 40k is a steady win for Factom.

So if a factom cost 0,5$ instead of 1$ wouldnt they have twice as much profit ?
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:36:41 PM

This huge M2 delay made me think Factom s big time stuck. Also, I seriously do not see anything Factom can do which cannot be performed by Ether anyway and Ether DOES DELIVER on time.

Good luck to the Factom team and all Factoid holders, I hope you do end up with a profit.

I'm glad. Nobody owes you anything, and your comments came out of desperation as a bagholder that probably bought at 800k.

Also, do you even "github" ? To me, the project seems to be very close to M2. Anyways, good luck on your future investments.

Actually i can understand CrazyIvan hes post, The factom team need to hire some people that actually can give answers and talk to people.
Mostly what they are doing is selling overpriced entry coins and buying them cheap of the market back. No wonder they dont mind
a very cheap price. Every cheap factom now is a great way for them to increase their holdings or get some $.

It was really a miracle actually they posted 10 post ago something, Only need to take them 2 weeks.

Actually their usage isnt increasing at all probably cause of their lack of development, My guess people would love to switch to TIERION (google it) cause their cheaper
I got the feeling that Brian/Factom purposely was choosing to not answer crazyivan's questions/posts.
And yes, the model seems to favour low FCT price, if ive understood it correctly.

the model only favors low price for Factom, Lower price means more coins buy-back and more profits for their foundation.

That is not true. Why do you and some others still believe that? How should that work?

So if company's buy Entry coins for $200 in the store, then factom can buy for that $200 new coins what in conversion now means they can buy much more then they used in first place.

They can sell EC's for a higher price then 1/10 cent while they convert (for the customer) FCT's to EC's at a value of 1/10 cents - the difference is the profit. And that is what they do in the Store (but I highly doubt that it's for bigger companies and partnerships). Either way, that has nothing to do with the FCT-price. They can do that with FCT's at 90 cent and they could do the same with a price at 9 Dollar. Low prices are no benefit for them. Btw: You could do that as well.

Actually i dont think the customers even see FCT they just buy EC from the shop, so they actually will not see the conversion rate.

This --> https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4f0nqa/is_the_value_of_a_factoid_fct_directly_linked_to/
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:41:17 PM

Yes, Customers don't even need to know about Factoids. But if a customer wants to buy 40k Entry Credits, Factom transacts FCT's to his EC-Address --> Conversion.

And if the customer buys 40k EC's for $200 while it only would need FCT's for $40 (40,000 * $0.001) the Factom team could buy more FCT's than needed or they just keep the profit in Dollar.

The question is not if they make profit with that. They do if ppl buy it. But the Factoids-price has no influence on that. You could say that they could buy more FCT's for $200 at $1 each than for a higher price. But that would be usual speculation on the price. If they do that, it would 1) show their certainty that the price will be higher in future, otherwise it wouldn't make sense out of their perspective, and 2) everybody can do that. And 3) It can be done at all prices.

Let's say the price for 1 FCT is at $10. A Customer gives them $200 to purchase 40k EC's and they transact/convert 4 FCT's while they were able to buy 20 FCT's for $200. Again: That would only make sense if it would be speculation on even higher prices in the future and it would be the same at all possible prices.

Under the line they have no benefit from lower prices. And I have some doubts that they speculate much with FCT's. They hold a lot since they've started with Factom. But of course: Factom-Inc is for profit. They are a company and want to make profit and they sell a good for a higher price than they buy it on the market.

My concern is more: I don't believe that many will buy EC's at such high prices. If I would like to use Factom to record data and I would know that each entry costs $0.001 I wouldn't pay more than that, at least not if I need many Entries. So, I don't know why they sell EC's at obviously higher prices and if that is successful. My way would be most likely more to sell it at $0.001 to encourage the use of the system.

But: Most likely the Store is just the pick of an iceberg without much meaning at this early stage. I believe that there are other deals with bigger companies with a high and stable demand etc. But most likely it's all more testing before the system is totally finished.

The thing is: Some here are concerned because the team does nothing to promote Factoids and get disappointed and impatient if the value is going down. They would like to see more communication and more moves that might lift the price while the team does not care much about that. But most important to understand is: The best they can do is to do their best for the code, for the system. And M2 needs most likely more time because it really has to be as perfect as it can be. Unlike to other projects they can't just release something that doesn't work and do bug-fixing together with the public. This is not some kind of little "SuperNewAnonShitCoinClone". They already have partnerships, Factom is already used. It has to be totally stable and reliable. Otherwise no company would use it.

And I said it several times before: That's why the focus of Investors should be also on that points. It's about the question how much potential the base-idea of Factom has. If somebody says: "Wow, that could be a really big thing!" the next question is, if the team has the abilities to realize it and if they not just have the abilities but are also professional and diligent etc. And they are. Everybody who has doubts should look into the github.

Plus: They also do a lot of PR. Just not for the market and Factoids. They promote the system, they teach about blockchains and Factom with the goal that many know about it and maybe will use it once it's ready. Just take a look on how many conferences they speak (especially Tiana Laurence). Plus: They are most likely in a lot of negotiations they don't/can't speak about.

If they are successful, all that together will lift the price and since we talk about big data and unlimited potential use cases, it really could go very high. And if I should make a guess which Crypto-projects will be first with real customers, real use, a real business-model, my guess is still: Factom.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:51:52 PM

Additional to my previously post something about the price in general:

In my opinion, the latest price drops are not that much related to Factom, and also not that much because of a delayed M2. My theory is:

1. The last months there were a lot of highly successful ICO's with many thousands of Bitcoins. There was Lisk, there was waves, there was DAO and some others. All together we speak about hundreds of millions of Dollars. That's why there is less liquidity in the market and that's also the reason why a lot of projects could announce good news but the price didn't react that much and/or fell back soon. That was the case in Factom but also XCP and some others.

2. The Bitcoin-price. People speculate on higher BTC-prices which means they are very carefully with buying alts and many who are in Alt's even sold and many will buy back too lower prices.

And most important: A rising Bitcoin-price, maybe even a "hype" (like 2013) would have bad impact on all others first. But with a little delay, money goes back into Alts and projects with a relation to Bitcoin will benefit even more - like Factom.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:39:57 AM

Additional to my previously post something about the price in general:

In my opinion, the latest price drops are not that much related to Factom, and also not that much because of a delayed M2. My theory is:

1. The last months there were a lot of highly successful ICO's with many thousands of Bitcoins. There was Lisk, there was waves, there was DAO and some others. All together we speak about hundreds of millions of Dollars. That's why there is less liquidity in the market and that's also the reason why a lot of projects could announce good news but the price didn't react that much and/or fell back soon. That was the case in Factom but also XCP and some others.

2. The Bitcoin-price. People speculate on higher BTC-prices which means they are very carefully with buying alts and many who are in Alt's even sold and many will buy back too lower prices.

And most important: A rising Bitcoin-price, maybe even a "hype" (like 2013) would have bad impact on all others first. But with a little delay, money goes back into Alts and projects with a relation to Bitcoin will benefit even more - like Factom.

On reply of both your posts,

I agree on most what you said, i just ment i dont see them in a hurry cause they sell every entry coin for 5x as much as factoids would cost to use, isnt M2 suposed to be easier to also use factoids ?

What bothers me most is that they cant take the time to give a update on the statement of M2 as many asked here already, Take a example David from Maidsafe he is busy like crazy, but he takes time to calm down people explain what happens etc.

As for Pr i agree you see them everywere and thats awesome i just wish they could take 5 minutes a day to read the forum and reply on questions to not only chase business but also support their initial investors.

Also i believe many succesfull ICO's are also a possibility to gain a lot more money into Factom, i think it all stays the same i bought 20 btc more Factom after Lisk ico. (wish i waited a week or 2 would be much more atm then)
And ofcourse the btc rise lowers the btc value and thats understandable every altcoin is now in that situation.
flashbit

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:36:21 PM

It's possible M2 annoucement presented at conference today. They are very close now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/factomproject/status/741471403178885120
mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:54:30 PM

Looks like someone has a "LOT" coins to sell, since the downtrend is going for 3 months now...
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:18:56 PM

Looks like someone has a "LOT" coins to sell, since the downtrend is going for 3 months now...

All relative price is still 1 dollar
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:49:53 PM

It's possible M2 annoucement presented at conference today. They are very close now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/factomproject/status/741471403178885120

They re very close? What makes you think that way??

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:02:50 PM

Shorts are being given out loans at nearly zero interest, if anyone here is doing this stop. Why bother loaning out this low when you will see nearly no return, allow shorts to slam lows at no cost, and devalue your position simultaneously?

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:36:55 PM

What happened to Factoms A round? I recall Q1 of 2016 but I could be wrong.

Thing sometimes take a bit longer than anticipated just keep us in the loop. New date? Found new investors?

twitter.com/erikledgers
flashbit

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:15:41 AM

How blockchain technology can prevent the next financial crisis, disrupt Uber, and give us control of our data

http://qz.com/695892/how-blockchain-technology-can-prevent-the-next-financial-crisis-disrupt-uber-and-give-us-control-of-our-data/

Factom mentioned
whiteorg72

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:33:31 AM

Laurence Tiana from Factom presenting factomproject on a blockchain panel at DistTrade.
https://twitter.com/DistTrade

Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:29:49 AM

Very interesting coin...slipped right by my radar as I was profiting with ETH.....damn. Now looks like a good entry point.

Good Luck on this project. Will be watching close.
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 05:45:50 AM

I agree on most what you said, i just ment i dont see them in a hurry cause they sell every entry coin for 5x as much as factoids would cost to use, isnt M2 suposed to be easier to also use factoids ?

What bothers me most is that they cant take the time to give a update on the statement of M2 as many asked here already, Take a example David from Maidsafe he is busy like crazy, but he takes time to calm down people explain what happens etc.

As for Pr i agree you see them everywere and thats awesome i just wish they could take 5 minutes a day to read the forum and reply on questions to not only chase business but also support their initial investors.

Also i believe many succesfull ICO's are also a possibility to gain a lot more money into Factom, i think it all stays the same i bought 20 btc more Factom after Lisk ico. (wish i waited a week or 2 would be much more atm then)
And ofcourse the btc rise lowers the btc value and thats understandable every altcoin is now in that situation.

Dear all,

We like this forum for discussion about Factom, organic discussion between Factom supporters. However for updates we actually use our social media channels.
Some of our Devs (i.e. Brian Deery and Paul Snow) occasionally post on this forum too trying to answer support questions as best as they can and with the little time they have.
They both are working very hard, together with the rest of the team, to deliver on our next software release.

When Milestone 2 is ready we will announce it on all our channels and here as well.
But we are not going to reply to every question or trying to calm down worries regarding FCT price, nor give a weekly update if there's no update to give.

FCT price is what it is, it goes up and down like every other coin.
It may go up in the future it may not, make sure you guys evaluate your risks appropriately.
We don't spend any time promoting FCT and we won't do that in the foreseeable future.
We don't give investment advice and we believe the value of FCT will reflect the value of the network when it goes live after Milestone 3 and beyond.

If you want to follow Factom more closely we recommend following us on:

The above channels are were we are most active.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:22:26 PM

Dear all,

We like this forum for discussion about Factom, organic discussion between Factom supporters. However for updates we actually use our social media channels.
Some of our Devs (i.e. Brian Deery and Paul Snow) occasionally post on this forum too trying to answer support questions as best as they can and with the little time they have.
They both are working very hard, together with the rest of the team, to deliver on our next software release.

When Milestone 2 is ready we will announce it on all our channels and here as well.
But we are not going to reply to every question or trying to calm down worries regarding FCT price, nor give a weekly update if there's no update to give.

FCT price is what it is, it goes up and down like every other coin.
It may go up in the future it may not, make sure you guys evaluate your risks appropriately.
We don't spend any time promoting FCT and we won't do that in the foreseeable future.
We don't give investment advice and we believe the value of FCT will reflect the value of the network when it goes live after Milestone 3 and beyond.

If you want to follow Factom more closely we recommend following us on:

The above channels are were we are most active.

Thanks dev!
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:04:25 PM

Shorts are being given out loans at nearly zero interest, if anyone here is doing this stop. Why bother loaning out this low when you will see nearly no return, allow shorts to slam lows at no cost, and devalue your position simultaneously?

It's a trap.. once someone take these offers with high amounts the price will be pumped.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:22:35 PM

Laurence Tiana from Factom presenting factomproject on a blockchain panel at DistTrade.
https://twitter.com/DistTrade

And here is the video:

Factom at the Distributed Trade Conference 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xseZ-Veg4k
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: