Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:11:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98871 times)
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 11:53:03 PM by .....Really?

ThePhwner........ Roll Eyes

I have posted 1 link & 1 quote & you jump in out of nowhere?  To date, not including the posts you deleted yourself after realising you'd put your foot in it, you have posted 32 times in the BAN scam thread (the count was nearly 40 at one point) - 99% of which are abusive, childish, swearing &/or personally insulting. That count is also not including your posts as one of your many aliases, all similar in content, so you can at least quadruple the amount. It's all there in your scam thread for all to see - & you're going to get upset because I post a quote & a link?

Let me point out a few examples of what transparency isn't:

Deleting posts/evidence from BAN pool thread is not transparency.
Locking the BAN pool thread is not transparency.
Keeping it locked is not transparency.
s0br going AWOL from the scam thread after failing to answer a single question is not transparency.
s0br not getting back to me as promised about your fake photo's is not transparency.
You trying to talk for s0br is not transparency. (unless you are s0br-then you should post using that name).

You have stated yourself how much you despise the bitcointalk forum & it's moderators - yet you keep posting - why? If you hate it so much, leave. Maybe then s0br would be forced into speaking for himself......but I doubt it.

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:47:41 AM

So now we're hiding blocks and not paying users? What?

200% is pretty great... if that's true then I'd be happy to put a link on our pool to your site... heh...

I'll have someone run some tests. PPLNS has that 'chance' that it may pay better... however it's a gamble. We chose not to support that payment model because it's very technically simple to hide blocks... and that's just not acceptable for us... anyway...

I think our users enjoy the consistency and predictability of our payouts...

I'll check you out Wink

You forgot to test against kano.is Smiley

Due to luck we've paid out 200% for anyone mining since the start (~1.5 months)

More than 200% for anyone who started just before the long 10 block run of under 100% at the moment Smiley

Transparent? See the entire source code for the pool on bitbucket Smiley

Do we hide where the extra BTC came from?
No.
It is simply luck so far and yes that will eventually change.

We don't say we are paying an extra X% out of magic - it's simply been pool luck so far.

P.S. I wrote the driver for the X3 Cheesy
Thought I better correct a glaring piece of FUD in there Smiley
Highlighted above in bold red

It is a concern that a pool operator doesn't understand the catches and pitfalls of bitcoin pools and bitcoin mining.

The pool can steal their own user mining blocks they find and not pay them out to the miners.
They cannot hide/steal the blocks found by the miners.

If the pool is mostly full of sockpuppets/fake users that are owned by the pool, then yes the pool will be able to hide that % of the pools blocks.
However, the higher the %, the more obvious it will be when the pool block find rate drops.

You cannot hide the miners blocks and be in any way sure you will not be found out.
You will most likely be found out.
Any miner that finds a block will have that information available to them in the cgminer API and the cgminer log.
So if you have been sending the miner work that doesn't match the rest of the pool, so the payout goes somewhere else different to the rest of the pools blocks, the miner only has to notice that they found a block (who doesn't notice that?!?) and the pool will be caught out as the scam that it is for stealing the miners payouts.

I'd also suggest that: ... that also happens to be a major crime in most countries to steal close to $10,000 and usually it's not too hard to track down the owner of a pool and send the police over to visit them ...

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:14:18 AM

I have posted 1 link & 1 quote & you jump in out of nowhere?  To date, not including the posts you deleted yourself after realising you'd put your foot in it, you have posted 32 times in the BAN scam thread (the count was nearly 40 at one point) - 99% of which are abusive, childish, swearing &/or personally insulting. That count is also not including your posts as one of your many aliases, all similar in content, so you can at least quadruple the amount. It's all there in your scam thread for all to see - & you're going to get upset because I post a quote & a link?

s0br going AWOL from the scam thread after failing to answer a single question is not transparency.
s0br not getting back to me as promised about your fake photo's is not transparency.
You trying to talk for s0br is not transparency. (unless you are s0br-then you should post using that name).

You have stated yourself how much you despise the bitcointalk forum & it's moderators - yet you keep posting - why? If you hate it so much, leave. Maybe then s0br would be forced into speaking for himself......but I doubt it.

Reading from the previous threads, it sounds to me like S0br responded to you multiple times just you more or less ignored his response.

Relating to the supposedly fake antminers that were shipped and shipped to admins. I am not sure what exactly you want s0br to do to remedy the situation(despite doing nothing wrong). At this point all you have become is another ranting and raving troll.
ThePhwner

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:14:46 AM

None of this relates to this thread about mining profits. None of it whatsoever.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:49:00 AM

None of this relates to this thread about mining profits. None of it whatsoever.

Are you sure?

We're transparent.

ThePhawner, every time you post, on any thread, you look more stupid & scammy. Stop it.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:41:55 AM

Are you sure?

We're transparent.

ThePhawner, every time you post, on any thread, you look more stupid & scammy. Stop it.

You may want to learn type names correctly, His name is thePhwner.

@s0br seems you have alot of trolls. I would recommend you create a new self moderated thread.
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:56:48 AM

Oooooh - you found a typo...... Roll Eyes

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
.....Really?

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:10:37 AM

So, as usual, s0br hides behind ThePhwner & his little army of aliases to do his talking for him - same as the scam thread, same as the (still locked) BAN pool thread - nothing changes.......

Everything about this BitcoinAffiliatesNetwork outfit is either a scam, a lie, fake, dubious or just plain ridiculous.

What a laugh......

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
ThePhwner

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:58:36 AM

So, as usual, s0br hides behind ThePhwner & his little army of aliases to do his talking for him - same as the scam thread, same as the (still locked) BAN pool thread - nothing changes.......

Everything about this BitcoinAffiliatesNetwork outfit is either a scam, a lie, fake, dubious or just plain ridiculous.

What a laugh......

Not even the part where you're still here saying exactly the same things. That, will apparently never change.

Meanwhile anyone with a pair of balls and a little bit of an adventurous spirit could mine with us and make more money. It's fine that you're lacking both but maybe you could be quiet about it.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:26:30 AM

200% is pretty great... if that's true then I'd be happy to put a link on our pool to your site... heh...

I'll have someone run some tests. PPLNS has that 'chance' that it may pay better... however it's a gamble. We chose not to support that payment model because it's very technically simple to hide blocks... and that's just not acceptable for us... anyway...

I'll check you out Wink

More than 200% for anyone who started just before the long 10 block run of under 100% at the moment Smiley

No.

We don't say we are paying an extra X% out of magic - it's simply been pool luck so far.

It is a concern that a pool operator doesn't understand the catches and pitfalls of bitcoin pools and bitcoin mining.

The pool can steal their own user mining blocks they find and not pay them out to the miners.

If the pool is mostly full of sockpuppets/fake users that are owned by the pool, then yes the pool will be able to hide that % of the pools blocks.
However, the higher the %, the more obvious it will be when the pool block find rate drops.

You cannot hide the miners blocks and be in any way sure you will not be found out.
Any miner that finds a block will have that information available to them in the cgminer API and the cgminer log.
So if you have been sending the miner work that doesn't match the rest of the pool, so the payout goes somewhere else different to the rest of the pools blocks, the miner only has to notice that they found a block (who doesn't notice that?!?) and the pool will be caught out as the scam that it is for stealing the miners payouts.

I'd also suggest that: ... that also happens to be a major crime in most countries to steal close to $10,000 and usually it's not too hard to track down the owner of a pool and send the police over to visit them ...
Please learn to read.
Then reread what I wrote ... quoted here yet again so you might actually read it this time ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
.....Really?

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:01:05 PM

Please learn to read.
Then reread what I wrote ... quoted here yet again so you might actually read it this time ...

I'm afraid s0br & his scamming cronies/aliases have an aversion to reading facts or anything else that resembles the truth, preferring to pretend it doesn't exist & relying on their favourite lines of "we'll make you rich", "every other pool is wrong" or "nobody knows they are talking about apart from us", in-between tirades of abuse & insults of course.

It's amazing to think that after disappearing for two months after his scam was exposed, s0br suddenly re-appears with claims of being "transparent & accurate" while his BAN pool thread remains locked after he deleted as many incriminating posts as he could. He can't seriously think that people will suddenly start to believe him or even take him seriously anymore after all that has happened.

Queue the next onslaught of abuse & personal attacks........ Roll Eyes

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:40:34 PM

Please learn to read.

I'm afraid s0br & his scamming cronies/aliases have an aversion to reading facts or anything else that resembles the truth, preferring to pretend it doesn't exist & relying on their favourite lines of "we'll make you rich", "every other pool is wrong" or "nobody knows they are talking about apart from us", in-between tirades of abuse & insults of course.

It's amazing to think that after disappearing for two months after his scam was exposed, s0br suddenly re-appears with claims of being "transparent & accurate" while his BAN pool thread remains locked after he deleted as many incriminating posts as he could. He can't seriously think that people will suddenly start to believe him or even take him seriously anymore after all that has happened.

Queue the next onslaught of abuse & personal attacks........ Roll Eyes

Last i checked you are the only one spool lies and continuing to troll and still not responding to my previous post.

Kano unlike you isnt acting as a troll cursing and just plainly attacking S0br.
ThePhwner

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:47:09 PM

I can read just fine. I just wonder why you need to "Educate" everyone about what could happen if you're not making insinuations, accusations, or something like it. This is supposed to be a thread about where people can mine to make more money, and all the "evidence" against that is speculative bullshit.

You guys don't like this pool? Fine. No one's making you mine here. Kano, you can start your own thread to promote your own pool and I hope it does well. I've read the same theory that you have, I just wonder why you feel the need to point out that pool operators could theoretically steal blocks and you could theoretically call the police. Do you send this kind of love to Eclipse MC too, or is Josh somehow exempt from your wise decrees?

In the world I live in, we try new things when the status quo sucks. Like all the existing pools that don't consistently pay well. Good luck with your pool dude. Rest assured no one from our team is gonna show up on your thread and start spreading theoretical drivel.

I'll check you out Wink

No.

Please learn to read.

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:17:37 PM

I can read just fine. I just wonder why you need to "Educate" everyone about what could happen if you're not making insinuations, accusations, or something like it. This is supposed to be a thread about where people can mine to make more money, and all the "evidence" against that is speculative bullshit.

You guys don't like this pool? Fine. No one's making you mine here. Kano, you can start your own thread to promote your own pool and I hope it does well. I've read the same theory that you have, I just wonder why you feel the need to point out that pool operators could theoretically steal blocks and you could theoretically call the police. Do you send this kind of love to Eclipse MC too, or is Josh somehow exempt from your wise decrees?

In the world I live in, we try new things when the status quo sucks. Like all the existing pools that don't consistently pay well. Good luck with your pool dude. Rest assured no one from our team is gonna show up on your thread and start spreading theoretical drivel.

I think what Kano was referring to was with a PPLNS pool could hid blocks but miners would catch on unless the pool controlled a large amount of the hash rate and it's miners hit the block but as long as others find the block and it's shows on their miners then it would be hard to hide. I really think he was not referring to BAN hiding blocks and really it would serve no purpose anyways.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:25:09 PM

Sigh, ok you reread it and still didn't understand what I wrote.
Is English not your native language? OK I'll explain what I wrote.

s0br made a false claim against PPLNS and I corrected that FUD.
I explained why any pool that did what he claimed was technically simple would MOST likely not get away with it.

Meanwhile, seriously, get a grip man.
It's not about you ...

Seriously, if I start spreading FUD about pools in my thread, come and tell me - I'd be happy to either correct the mistake or point out where you are wrong Smiley

Yeah my pool is still paying well ... 13 block in a row below 100% diff ... all luck as I stated before, but still happening.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:18:46 AM

Do not believe a word that s0br says - confirmed scammer!

Yes by all means DO NOT BELIEVE s0br at all, rather listening to him and taking his word take his loyal miners word instead

Does BaN payout regularly - YES
Can we see the 10% bonus we accumulate - Yes in 3 different places it is calculated.
Is BaN one of the MOST profitable pools to mine in as a Miner- ABSOLUTELY yes I am a member of many MANY pools and mine and test them daily Smiley
Are payouts accurate with stats - yes payouts are exactly what you see in your earing stats.
Are hashrates accurate with your miner software - NO  Most fo the time the reported hashrates on BaN are actually higher than my CGminer tells me.
      This is not just BaN I have found similiar results on 1 Other pool, thats right folks 2 pools I test thrughout the week report higher rates than your mining software tells you.
Are payouts made when you have them set to pay into your wallet - YES
Are payouts ever delayed _ yes once in a whyile and we are notified and we have never lost any rewards due to payout delays.
      Also if the delay is to bad The owner and admins even offer bonus for problematic situations that delay payments

AND LASTLY but MOST IMPORTANTLY
Where does the 10% bonus come from, WHO REALLY GIVES A FLYING MONKEYS BUTT WHERE IT COMES FROM!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA

dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 10:32:36 AM

ok here go's the first post on this site

first off lemme tell you all that BAN is a pool that is constatly looking for ways to better and reinvent itself.

that being sayed i know for a fact that the Ban team really cares for it's miners and always tryes to do the best they can to fix every prblem that comes.

knowing that we better and reinvent that also means that we are very busy and are forced to work with tickets but there is a admin in for 90% of the time to pick them up.

To all new miners that read this i would like to say the following

there are allot of pools out there

some good some a bit less and there have been very bad pools out there.
there has been a test done by the BAN team to testout 7 pools with 7 miners ( identical) and the stats can be seen at the first post.
the ban pool is tested in that aswell and happy to say we came out on top.
our constant pay witch can be set from 1 hour up to 24 hours has proven to be very transperant.
you can see youre payout history and compair everything for yourself.
if you still think that you need more info or if you just want to talk to everyone from BAN team and miners allike then i would like to invite you to our webchat.

here is the link for that https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=about&action=chat

we can also help you there if you are a starter and donno how to start

well that is basicly all i have to say for now thank you all for reading

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)
jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 11:02:07 AM

I wrote http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-affiliate-network-mining-pool-review/ myself, and then got the torrent of abuse at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=837551.0;topicseen for it. I don't hide my identity here.

I've come into bitcoin from the video games industry, where I worked a long time (10 years+), and set my site up to do the kind of things we do in games, looking at the product and service providers from my own opinion. And then I got accusations, many incredibly insulting. I checked eight pools, four of which I have published reviews which are at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/category/bitcoin-mining-pools/. I still have ozco.in, polmine, btcguild and slush in the next batch, whenever I can get the time to write them up.

Most of the pools I've seen have been stagnant from both a UI point of view, as many were built back in the day. I'm sure that the fact that their % of blocks has dropped considerably as more pools came online, discus fish and ghash launched taking up half of the network, and the industrial mining farms take another chunk, squeezing them earnings big time, has made it a lot less profitable to bother updating their interfaces for new, less technical miners like me.

Also, with the way they're paying, I often had situations where I was mining for hours, and because there were few/none blocks found in the shift or scoring systems, a lot of time I was getting very little. Or otherwise, I had suck a tiny % of overall pool hashing rate, I was getting practically nothing per block. I modded some of my four antminer s1's which i outlined before I even started the reviews at http://bitcoinsinireland.com/antminer-s1-mining-more-than-3-pools/ and this let me put a fixed hash rate on them all at the same time, and then use that data to guide my non-review hashing.

So when I'm not reviewing other pools, I default back to BAN because I get this - https://blockchain.info/address/1PTq1ofLXaAtPcnMwjHrhonYNCnd3GvD2c - steady lodgements to my wallet, instead of waiting for blocks to be found, and queues.

On the issue of the scam, I think it's also important to differentiate between a scam, ie a company running with someone's money, and a fuck up to a promotional activity. I didn't have my antminers back then, as I only got them in early September. There's a huge amount of people winging it in bitcoin enterprises, and people make mistakes. But if you're going to be making accusations, put your actual name to it.

It does seem like there are a couple of people who seem to jump on any post that mentions BAN, so why don't you just cop on, and sort out whatever fuckup happened before to the community, and get on with things.

I'm more concerned with pools that don't fully pay because of high minimum thresholds (as I'm a small scale miner / 600ghs) out than constantly seeing people bitch about this. I know people are loyal to pools. I was with BTC Guild for 7 months since February on some leased hashing, but when I got my own one this year, I like the interface on this one better than the others, and it's letting me build up my bitcoin wallets quicker than any of the eight pools I tried.

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:29:24 AM

jammers, that seems like a fair and balanced review, just ignore the trolls it's only a couple of people but they whinge like it's an olympic sport.

You said this
The pool also has a pin code, for securing some of the more sensitive functions,but doesn’t let you lock an address, if you want to do that.

The address you enter when signing up is automatically locked, hence why there is no ability to change it on the site, so it's likely more secure than you thought.

ThePhwner

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:08:48 PM

jammers, that seems like a fair and balanced review, just ignore the trolls it's only a couple of people but they whinge like it's an olympic sport.

You said this
The pool also has a pin code, for securing some of the more sensitive functions,but doesn’t let you lock an address, if you want to do that.

The address you enter when signing up is automatically locked, hence why there is no ability to change it on the site, so it's likely more secure than you thought.

That is correct. It's locked upon signup and the support crew verifies some information before we change a wallet for the user.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: