Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98871 times)
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:32:51 PM

Posted on the pool now...

ETA: ~4 hours to finish processing backlogged shares...payments to resume shortly after.

I hope all get what they have coming

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:37:05 PM

Status on the website has changed and now says: ETA: ~4 hours to finish processing backlogged shares...payments to resume shortly after.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 10:52:16 PM

that's exactly the problem, when you use a pool as a backup you are actually pool hooping as you get connect to it just couple of short times a week and most of pools hate that. So only good backup pool is an PPS one Sad I dont see any other option than PPS as backup pool

The only one on my list that is not a good back up pool is Slush... and you never know when you fail over just how long it could be for...mins, hours or days.

EDIT: P2Pool also would not be a good choice for back up, as both Slush and to a lesser amount P2Pool you can lose your shares if a block is not found soon after moving miners away. Not the case with Kano's as you will get paid something and I don't think he would be mad if you used it as a back up pool.

P2Pool is a great choice for a backup if it's also your primary.  Pick any nodes you want and when you fail over no work is lost.  Using p2pool strictly as a backup is not the ideal choice, simply because of the difficulty of finding a share to get onto the chain.  Kano's pool really isn't a good choice either because unless you're going to be mining on it long enough to get over the dust payout threshold, you're not going to get payouts when blocks are found.  You'd be better served going with a pool like BTC Guild where you can setup an automatic withdrawal threshold or manually withdraw your coins.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:57:18 PM

that's exactly the problem, when you use a pool as a backup you are actually pool hooping as you get connect to it just couple of short times a week and most of pools hate that. So only good backup pool is an PPS one Sad I dont see any other option than PPS as backup pool

The only one on my list that is not a good back up pool is Slush... and you never know when you fail over just how long it could be for...mins, hours or days.

EDIT: P2Pool also would not be a good choice for back up, as both Slush and to a lesser amount P2Pool you can lose your shares if a block is not found soon after moving miners away. Not the case with Kano's as you will get paid something and I don't think he would be mad if you used it as a back up pool.

P2Pool is a great choice for a backup if it's also your primary.  Pick any nodes you want and when you fail over no work is lost.  Using p2pool strictly as a backup is not the ideal choice, simply because of the difficulty of finding a share to get onto the chain.  Kano's pool really isn't a good choice either because unless you're going to be mining on it long enough to get over the dust payout threshold, you're not going to get payouts when blocks are found.  You'd be better served going with a pool like BTC Guild where you can setup an automatic withdrawal threshold or manually withdraw your coins.

True all good points. I never thought of using another node as your backup for p2pool  Tongue
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:52:28 AM

True all good points. I never thought of using another node as your backup for p2pool  Tongue

how do you connect to p2pool? is it just your btc wallet as username with whatever password?

i found a page that has the nodes listed but no info.
cloh76

Activity: 318

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:37:15 AM

Payouts have resumed.  Came back to my PC and checked my wallet and noticed that I received my payout.

Thanks!!

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:58:38 PM

P2Pool is a great choice for a backup if it's also your primary.  Pick any nodes you want and when you fail over no work is lost.  Using p2pool strictly as a backup is not the ideal choice, simply because of the difficulty of finding a share to get onto the chain.  Kano's pool really isn't a good choice either because unless you're going to be mining on it long enough to get over the dust payout threshold, you're not going to get payouts when blocks are found.  You'd be better served going with a pool like BTC Guild where you can setup an automatic withdrawal threshold or manually withdraw your coins.

True all good points. I never thought of using another node as your backup for p2pool  Tongue

how do you connect to p2pool? is it just your btc wallet as username with whatever password?

Yes you mine to your wallet.  You can find more information and ask questions about p2pool at its thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0
chentron

Activity: 97
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:23:45 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 02:36:06 PM by chentron

trying to register in the pool and say ....
We are currently not accepting new user registrations

is there some problem ?

oooook , i see the post having problems for paying.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:52:18 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 05:41:36 PM by aurel57

trying to register in the pool and say ....
We are currently not accepting new user registrations

is there some problem ?

oooook , i see the post having problems for paying.
Yes the pool has problems paying out and they have closed any new miners. They are still @115125+ BTC in the hole just to pay what's due.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 03:13:42 PM

Yes... that's exactly how you connect.  For example, if you wanted to connect to my node:
Code:
./cgminer -o http://104.131.12.128:9332 -u YOURBTCADDRESS -p x

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848

I am a good bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:23:11 PM

Is BAN pool ponzi ?

Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 116.68493569 Bitcoin.
There are 1 mined blocks waiting to mature, totalling 25 Bitcoin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:43:23 PM

Is BAN pool ponzi ?

More of a scam than a ponzi  Wink

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848

I am a good bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

Is BAN pool ponzi ?

I don't think it's scam yet.
Because i received my payment.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:55:25 PM

Is BAN pool ponzi ?

I don't think its really either one, just poorly maintained and slowly going deeper in debt. The pool lost all its BTC reserves and the OP has had to buy coins to make up the shortfall. Now he no longer can keep up or has quit and the pool is running way behind on payments.
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:00:43 PM

A scamzi then.  Cheesy

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:03:29 PM

A scamzi then.  Cheesy

Hummm you may have something there!  Cheesy
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:42:38 PM

got paid few hours ago...a little slow recently but got paid.
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 10:52:45 PM

come on guys... they are maybe different or in some opinions not as good as other pools but its not a scam. Those guys also do a hard work to keep everything running. They dont do for free and I am sure they get some money too like any other one on this world but trolling down someone by scam accusations is just to far. And no I dont have any relation with them Tongue only thing that I have hear/read was something about a miner give a way as price. I have mined for 3-4 weeks there and I have always get paid. Not as fast as I wanted to see as sometimes it takes up to 5-6 days but that is not an scam.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:20:03 PM

come on guys... they are maybe different or in some opinions not as good as other pools but its not a scam. Those guys also do a hard work to keep everything running. They dont do for free and I am sure they get some money too like any other one on this world but trolling down someone by scam accusations is just to far. And no I dont have any relation with them Tongue only thing that I have hear/read was something about a miner give a way as price. I have mined for 3-4 weeks there and I have always get paid. Not as fast as I wanted to see as sometimes it takes up to 5-6 days but that is not an scam.

ok
cathoderay

Activity: 379

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:32:24 AM

Not as fast as I wanted to see as sometimes it takes up to 5-6 days but that is not an scam.

5-6 days? You've been lucky then. Once a scammer, always a scammer - & s0br is one.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: