Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98871 times)
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:52:23 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 05:20:39 AM by ckolivas

I would tend to agree with you.  

S0br wouldn't:

BTC Guild is a joke because PPLNS is a joke.

So you see - you, me, pool devs, miners & the whole Bitcoin community in general are wrong & s0br is right  Roll Eyes

I'm no hater - I just think it's scandalous that people let s0br get away with stealing, lying & scamming miners. As should everyone. Speaking of scamming, here's another classic from their first thread:

Of course, if you're OK with losing over 7% of your earnings, zero support, lies, fake accounts, fake givaways, fake pictures, late payments, missing payments, etc, etc with no explanation whatsoever on a pool that is using stolen hardware - then by all means knock yourself out and mine here  Wink

Miners need to know what they are letting themselves in for here, especially noobs who don't know any better.

Damn those meddling kids....... Wink

Miners on BAN - s0br is scamming you & has been doing so long before I opened a scam accusation against him last year. YOU ARE LOSING YOUR HARD EARNED BTC!!!!

When leaving this pool, please ensure that you leave negative feedback on the profiles of both s0br & ThePhwner to warn others & ensure that no other miners will be ripped off by this lying, thieving & scamming pool!!

Always research any future pool you intend to use to ensure that you are trusting a reputable pool operator & admin.

Good luck!!  Grin

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:34:08 AM

Can't speak for others but since I joined my payments have been good, and as for the underpayment during a diff change, sent in a support ticket as directed and the additional was sent out within the hour...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:51:27 AM

Can't speak for others but since I joined my payments have been good, and as for the underpayment during a diff change, sent in a support ticket as directed and the additional was sent out within the hour...

Well here is another thing then that I do not like... The underpayment during the difficulty happened to everyone. Support is well aware of it by now so everyone should be compensated not just the one's that send in a ticket.  How many miners don't know to send in a ticket and its not that hard for BAN to figure out what people were due at the change and put that back in their accounts.
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 11:40:59 AM

Guys - this is getting ridiculous.

Apart from anything else, I'm getting tired of seeing this thread constantly bumped with complaints & accusations to the top of the pools thread. It is obvious that all is not as it should be with this pool, & this is reflected by s0brs refusal to post for such a long period of time (I noticed he was online Today at 03:39:07 but still hasn't posted), so I would like to make a few suggestions to all miners of this pool as well as forum moderators:

1)  Any miner who has not been paid in full should open a scam accusation against BAN/s0br, as has been done previously, albeit for a different reason.

2)  A notice be added to Organofcorti's mining pools list warning of the lack of communication, support & payments on this forum from either the pool admin (whoever that is) or s0br.

3)  If s0br or the pool admin continue to ignore requests for comment/support/payment on this forum pool thread - the moderators should lock it, as it serves absolutely no purpose apart from enticing new miners to the pool under false pretence.

4)  @.....Really?:  Although I can understand your reasons for trying to extract some kind of a response from s0br, it's not working. Please stop posting in the pool thread & limit your comments to your scam accusation thread. Thanks.

3 months without comment from a pool OP is suspicious to say the least, but miners having to submit a ticket in order to get paid what is owed to them (while not being told to do so by the pool) is just plain wrong.

Please, let this be the end of it.

Peace  Smiley

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:16:15 PM

Guys - this is getting ridiculous.

Apart from anything else, I'm getting tired of seeing this thread constantly bumped with complaints & accusations to the top of the pools thread. It is obvious that all is not as it should be with this pool, & this is reflected by s0brs refusal to post for such a long period of time (I noticed he was online Today at 03:39:07 but still hasn't posted), so I would like to make a few suggestions to all miners of this pool as well as forum moderators:

1)  Any miner who has not been paid in full should open a scam accusation against BAN/s0br, as has been done previously, albeit for a different reason.

2)  A notice be added to Organofcorti's mining pools list warning of the lack of communication, support & payments on this forum from either the pool admin (whoever that is) or s0br.

3)  If s0br or the pool admin continue to ignore requests for comment/support/payment on this forum pool thread - the moderators should lock it, as it serves absolutely no purpose apart from enticing new miners to the pool under false pretence.

4)  @.....Really?:  Although I can understand your reasons for trying to extract some kind of a response from s0br, it's not working. Please stop posting in the pool thread & limit your comments to your scam accusation thread. Thanks.

3 months without comment from a pool OP is suspicious to say the least, but miners having to submit a ticket in order to get paid what is owed to them (while not being told to do so by the pool) is just plain wrong.

Please, let this be the end of it.

Peace  Smiley

I agree with most you have posted but you could say the same for the Slush thread?  So you want to lock the only place that some miners can get any information (even if its not from the pool OP) about BAN that don't get on IRC chat? I have to disagree with you on that point.
jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 02:37:04 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 03:21:01 PM by jammers

hi guys,

s0br is communicating with miners on the irc chat all the time, and has been open enough when spoken to directly.

I understand his (and other pool operators such as slush) reluctance to try and sort things out under the public limelight, but I would like to make one point. Members of the pool have ticket, chat, email and newsletters which they are using to tell people what's going on. Other pool threads don't have this kind of carry on either.

People on talk who want to see what the pool is about can register and look around, before pointing a worker at it, but I think it's a bit rich for people who've never mined on the pool to be saying things, and agree that separate threads should be set up for individual accusations, so they can be dealt with in line with forum rules. I've tried to contact myself several mods about trolling i received here and on my own site, as a result of the one review i did on ban's pool, and have gotten no response.

But for any questions about earnings, since September, we've always been paid (https://blockchain.info/address/1PTq1ofLXaAtPcnMwjHrhonYNCnd3GvD2c) and the gap was me being away for three weeks, while my antminers are being serviced, and in the meantime I organised some mining to do another batch of reviews. How much is owed/pending is always visible at https://osticket.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/payments.pl?global=true and you can click statistics | blocks when logged in to visit https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks and see how many blocks are being confirmed.

Yes, there's been delays in payments, but I'm getting what I expect when it comes through. Every pool seems to run on a hotwallet basis. And the hot wallet runs out sometimes. But that's part of the deal when signing up to a pool. Plus at the end of the day, there's no barrier to entry or exit when picking a pool.

Completely agree that this thread should be locked, and for mods to engage with this thread, to sort out the individuals in question, in line with whatever rules there are on bitcointalk. I've been collatorral damage as a result of this, and wait with very keen interest to see how this sort of issue can be dealt with once and for all, beyond a shadow of doubt one way or the other.

Very keen to get other forum members, whether you're BAN or not, for your opinion. We're supposed to be in a high tech industry, not teenagers arguing. And people can't hind behind a pseudonym

Jamie McCormick
@DublinJammers
Editor of Bitcoins in Ireland and avid bitcoiner

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
.....Really?

Activity: 237

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:43:20 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 03:53:48 PM by .....Really?

I agree with PatMan 100%.

Jammers the spiv speaks for s0br again?....... Roll Eyes

I had a PM from a respected moderator yesterday asking me to stop bumping this thread, to which I replied I would, as it's obvious s0br won't come out of hiding. The fact that this moderator did not remove any of my original posts speaks volumes, as does another respected forum moderator who has commented on BANs "obvious scam" (his words, not mine - but I agree with him). To try & compare this abortion of a pool with slush's is pathetic & futile - there is no comparison.

If any miners wish to open a scam accusation against s0br/BAN, but are concerned about receiving bad feedback/insults/spam/recrimination/threats like I have from s0br, ThePhwner, instahater, bbeesley, fire000 & the many other fake accounts used by s0br & his cronies - they are more than welcome to use my scam thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.280

Of course, you won't get an answer directly from s0br, only via his fake accounts, but it will help to warn others.

Forum Moderators: please lock this thread. I also suggest that unless BAN are prepared to actually communicate with their ripped-off miners, they should be banned from opening yet another useless thread in the future.

Thank you.

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:47:45 PM

I agree with PatMan 100%.

Forum Moderators: please lock this thread. I also suggest that unless BAN are prepared to actually communicate with their ripped-off miners, they should be banned from opening yet another useless thread in the future.

Thank you.

+1 Obvious scam is obvious.

@jammers:  Do you represent the scammer s0br? If so, say so - if not, GTFO.  If this is the best you & your "Bitcoin Management Team" ( Roll Eyes) can come up with, you better get it restaffed......& sack yourself while you're at it  Cheesy  

@ Moderators:  Seeing as one of you has already commented about this scam pool, can we please f*ck it off the forum once & for all?

That would be great.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Pautado

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:49:55 PM

If there is a scam thread why do you guys keep spamming this thread? I seriously don't get it.  Roll Eyes

And BTW I still think this is the best pool around... Just a couple of haters here and there  Grin

IYFTech

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:08:05 PM

If there is a scam thread why do you guys keep spamming this thread? I seriously don't get it.  Roll Eyes

And BTW I still think this is the best pool around... Just a couple of haters here and there  Grin

That's because you've only ever posted on this thread, don't know any better & you're a noob...... Roll Eyes

Yes it annoys me a lot too... It shouldn't be that hard to send emails or put some kind of banner on the dashboard...

My hashrate also appears a lot lower on this pool than others. Does not seem the "#1 Bitcoin mining pool in the world" to me...  Undecided

Make your mind up  Roll Eyes

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Pautado

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:28:12 PM

And BTW I still think this is the best pool around... Just a couple of haters here and there  Grin

That's because you've only ever posted on this thread, don't know any better & you're a noob...... Roll Eyes

Yes it annoys me a lot too... It shouldn't be that hard to send emails or put some kind of banner on the dashboard...

My hashrate also appears a lot lower on this pool than others. Does not seem the "#1 Bitcoin mining pool in the world" to me...  Undecided

Make your mind up  Roll Eyes

I did, I like it and I will recommend this pool to everyone as long as I get paid. About the hashrate it was my miner's fault, after upgrading firmware it shows higher hashrates on the pool side than the actual miner. The communication part is true, it sucks but I just enter the IRC, ask and get my response instantly... Try that on any other pool  Grin

Only haters around bitcointalk jeez...

You even took the time to check where and what I posted, am I annoying you or something? Hahaha how old are you? 12?  Grin Grin

rkinnin

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:42:03 PM

quick question....

for an c1 do I want :3334 OR :3335 for best results?

Pautado

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:48:27 PM

quick question....

I would go with 1024, choose 3334 and put ##1024 after your worker name, something like username.worker##1024. It takes some seconds to switch from 512 to 1024 but it should work fine Smiley
lobogil

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:54:07 PM

quick question....

For best results, you should use a pool that doesn't steal from it's miners.

I also agree with locking this scam pool thread. Bitcointalk should also lock the scammer s0brs account also as he doesn't care to use it. Worst pool thread ever, worst OP ever.

@Pautado: He means ports, not diff you idiot - go back to irc......... Roll Eyes
Pautado

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:03:31 PM

quick question....

I also agree with locking this scam pool thread. Bitcointalk should also lock the scammer s0brs account also as he doesn't care to use it. Worst pool thread ever, worst OP ever.

@Pautado: He means ports, not diff you idiot - go back to irc......... Roll Eyes

This is getting pathetic... Before calling me an idiot go check what the different ports are for, then get a shovel and dig yourself in a big hole... facepalm.
jammers

Activity: 290
Merit: 262

Is maith liom bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:38:03 PM

@jammers:  Do you represent the scammer s0br? If so, say so - if not, GTFO.  If this is the best you & your "Bitcoin Management Team" ( Roll Eyes) can come up with, you better get it restaffed......& sack yourself while you're at it  Cheesy  

Nope, just have looked into the pool a lot since getting a pile of on and off talk abuse from ...Really and his group of friends. Didn't know this pool from the next before all of this started. And in relation to being told to get the fuck out, I'm entitled to my opinion the same as the rest of you. I'm investing my hardware and electricity in this pool, which I picked after evaluating eight pools

██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
BITCOIN MARKETING TEAM
Established Block 318006 in 2014
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
██████
███▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄
██████
             ▄▄▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▀   ███ ███
█           ▄███ █████████████▄▄
 ▀▄  ▄▄▄▄███████ ▀▀████▀▀▀▀██████
   █ ███▀▀███████  ████     █████
   █ ██    █   ▀▀  █████████████
   █  ██▄▄     ▄   ██████████████▄
    █  ██   █ ██   ████     ▀█████
     █  ▀█████▄█   ████     ▄█████
      ▀▄  ▀████ ████████████████▀
       ▀▄    ▀▀   █ ███ ███
         ▀▄       █ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀
itcoins in Ireland
||||
██████
▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄███
██████
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

quick question....

This is getting pathetic... Before calling me an idiot go check what the different ports are for, then get a shovel and dig yourself in a big hole... facepalm.
Best advice I can offer you is to ignore this kind of thing.  Any time anyone might seem to be the least bit supportive of this pool, they're immediately considered either paid shills or idiots.  

This pool has attracted a level of hate that is puts it into some pretty unpleasant company (think BFL).  When this pool first started, it did so as many others have in the past: with an announcement and some marketing to try and draw miners and their hashing power to it.  Unfortunately for the pool, while trying to gain publicity, they garnered a lot of negative attention because their most vocal spokesmen were patent idiots.  Rather than speak out against these voices, the pool remained silent, seemingly encouraging the behavior.  It compounded and things went to hell in a hand basket.  Throw in some questionable promotions, payout promises that could not possibly be maintained and you can see why questions were raised.

If you're happy with the pool and like what it has to offer you, then by all means, keep your hashing there.  I don't agree with the choice, but I do agree with freedom of choice.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
IYFTech

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:58:57 PM

Nope, just have looked into the pool a lot since getting a pile of on and off talk abuse from ...Really and his group of friends. Didn't know this pool from the next before all of this started. And in relation to being told to get the fuck out, I'm entitled to my opinion the same as the rest of you. I'm investing my hardware and electricity in this pool, which I picked after evaluating eight pools

Right, so you don't represent s0br & you don't work for s0br. Stop talking for him like you do then.

You are not s0brs little spokesman. Take yourself & your spiv "bitcoin marketing team" ( Roll Eyes) back to s0brs little irc gang & stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

Libel my arse  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

bigbitmine

Activity: 196

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:35:09 PM

Right, so you don't represent s0br & you don't work for s0br. Stop talking for him like you do then.

You are not s0brs little spokesman. Take yourself & your spiv "bitcoin marketing team" ( Roll Eyes) back to s0brs little irc gang & stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

Libel my arse  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So who made you forum dictator. Pretty pathetic

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 12:29:34 AM

We wouldn't lock the thread for that reason alone as the ability to discuss the pool needs to go somewhere so that users can make up their own minds based on the most recent discussion, but we wouldn't allow multiple duplicate threads.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: