Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98871 times)
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:37:04 PM

I fail to understand with multi-sig wallets how a pool operator can be so careless.

Clueless is right. Once is bad enough, but to have it happen again is just plain ridiculous, it makes no sense at all. It wouldn't surprise me if the pool operator had something to do with it - he's certainly got a history of scamming his miners.

That's about as stupid a statement as a person could make....

Actually, he's completely correct - as you well know, you've posted enough times in the scam thread about it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0

In case you forgot, here's one of the fake user account owned by s0br & co who "won" one of those imaginary S3's:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=245818

Name:    bitguru
Activity:    1
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    February 09, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
Last Active:    February 09, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

Inactive for over 10 months, only one post which, unsurprisingly, is to promote a scam bitcoin pool & trust called bitfishgroup, take a look:

http://www.bitfishgroup.com/bitcoin-mining-aboutus.htm

I seem to remember pulling a few names out of that organisation a while ago (Matt C, Golan M + a few others), if I could be bothered to dig a little deeper I'm sure I could find a link back to the scammers sobr/Phwner at BAN - but I really can't be bothered tbh.....I just find it a little confusing as to why people still stick up for them - can people really be so blind? It would seem so......

I can post more of the fake accounts sobr & co use if you like, or you can do your own research of course, which is preferred of course..... Wink

In the meantime, enjoy your late/missing payments/bonuses from "Mr Transparency".  Cheesy

Thought of the day - famous last words:

Anyway... I'll get back to you about those pics...

***disappears***

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:13:51 AM

Once again, we've got some unfortunate news, Effective today, and through at least January 1, 2015, we're suspending the mining bonus. We are still a 0% fee Pay Per Share pool.

This isn't a decision we wanted to make, and it wasn't easy. But trying something new comes with risks, and we've suffered some losses, had some setbacks beyond our control occur, and unfortunately, had some instances of people abusing the payout system and bonuses offered by the pool.

In the beginning, we said the bonus might be temporary, and it's lasted quite a long time. And we sincerely hope that, in the near future, we will be able to pay the bonus again. We're working to re-incorporate the bonus, with the launch of a rental site early next year, and we're acquiring increased BTC reserves in order to make sure we're prepared for our increased hashrate.

We can't thank you enough, all of you who have supported our efforts so far and helped to build our pool into what it is today. On a normal day, our average hash rate is over 3 Ph/s, and Bitcoin Affiliate Network is now one of the names you see on Blockchain.info and Blocktrail.com for blocks being solved.

BitAffNet is going to remain the best place to mine, and the most profitable Pay Per Share pool out there.

Thanks again for your support,

Matt, Gil, and the BitAffNet Team

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

Once again, we've got some unfortunate news, Effective today, and through at least January 1, 2015, we're suspending the mining bonus. We are still a 0% fee Pay Per Share pool.

This isn't a decision we wanted to make, and it wasn't easy. But trying something new comes with risks, and we've suffered some losses, had some setbacks beyond our control occur, and unfortunately, had some instances of people abusing the payout system and bonuses offered by the pool.

In the beginning, we said the bonus might be temporary, and it's lasted quite a long time. And we sincerely hope that, in the near future, we will be able to pay the bonus again. We're working to re-incorporate the bonus, with the launch of a rental site early next year, and we're acquiring increased BTC reserves in order to make sure we're prepared for our increased hashrate.

We can't thank you enough, all of you who have supported our efforts so far and helped to build our pool into what it is today. On a normal day, our average hash rate is over 3 Ph/s, and Bitcoin Affiliate Network is now one of the names you see on Blockchain.info and Blocktrail.com for blocks being solved.

BitAffNet is going to remain the best place to mine, and the most profitable Pay Per Share pool out there.

Thanks for this.  Despite my time on the pool and being a top 15 miner by hash rate, I never get these emails.
I switched pools after reading this because they owed me .4 btc and had not paid out since yesterday.  But got paid shortly afterwards.  I think I'll wait a bit before redirecting my hash back to them.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Thanks for this.  Despite my time on the pool and being a top 15 miner by hash rate, I never get these emails.
I switched pools after reading this because they owed me .4 btc and had not paid out since yesterday.  But got paid shortly afterwards.  I think I'll wait a bit before redirecting my hash back to them.

Looks like the bonus hasn't gone away completely just reduced to 1%

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

Thanks for this.  Despite my time on the pool and being a top 15 miner by hash rate, I never get these emails.
I switched pools after reading this because they owed me .4 btc and had not paid out since yesterday.  But got paid shortly afterwards.  I think I'll wait a bit before redirecting my hash back to them.

s0br let it be know from the start the pool itself was not what this project was all about and with what I highlighted above is what I believe was his main project from the start and is to be his money maker, all he wanted was a pool to run it with.  
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:16:46 PM

Thanks for this.  Despite my time on the pool and being a top 15 miner by hash rate, I never get these emails.
I switched pools after reading this because they owed me .4 btc and had not paid out since yesterday.  But got paid shortly afterwards.  I think I'll wait a bit before redirecting my hash back to them.

s0br let it be know from the start the pool itself was not what this project was all about and with what I highlighted above is what I believe was his main project from the start and is to be his money maker, all he wanted was a pool to run it with.  

Completely understand, but also I understand that regular payouts when you say you want them every hour, 2, 6, 24 etc were a big selling point, the OP makes a bit point of it as a positive for the pool, but the payouts haven't been regular, they have been late, and now its being said that s0br is having to buy BTC to meet the payouts of the pool, not a good place to be imho.

And the bonuses were great, as long as you understood they were a marketing gimmick and were not meant to last, but as long as the payouts were on time who cares where the bonus comes from, its not the miners problem is it?

But if payments start being delayed or missed, and (crazy if true) rumours of having to buy BTC to pay miners, then the risk starts to look too great and the concerns expressed by the more knowledgeable people earlier in the thread start to be more clearly recognised, the worst fear is that its not just an hour or a days mining income that gets lost if the pool ups and disappears, if the payouts are delayed for 4-5 days and then the pool disappears then someone walks off with a lot of coin. For some that risk is now too big, time to move on.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:58:50 PM

Completely understand, but also I understand that regular payouts when you say you want them every hour, 2, 6, 24 etc were a big selling point, the OP makes a bit point of it as a positive for the pool, but the payouts haven't been regular, they have been late, and now its being said that s0br is having to buy BTC to meet the payouts of the pool, not a good place to be imho.

And the bonuses were great, as long as you understood they were a marketing gimmick and were not meant to last, but as long as the payouts were on time who cares where the bonus comes from, its not the miners problem is it?

But if payments start being delayed or missed, and (crazy if true) rumours of having to buy BTC to pay miners, then the risk starts to look too great and the concerns expressed by the more knowledgeable people earlier in the thread start to be more clearly recognised, the worst fear is that its not just an hour or a days mining income that gets lost if the pool ups and disappears, if the payouts are delayed for 4-5 days and then the pool disappears then someone walks off with a lot of coin. For some that risk is now too big, time to move on.

Thats understandable as I like the 2 hour payments and I talked to s0br on chat yesterday. The hack of his wallet and the loss of 2 blocks worth of coin ( 50 BTC ) put him in a position yesterday of having to wait till the two new blocks to confirm to use for payout as he had maxed out the limit that he could buy from Coinbase. . The way I understood he has bought coins to help make the bonus and or payments during slow times in the past. I have pulled my miners in the past a few times when I didn't feel comfortable with late payments but always came back once the payments were made. I have never had payments go 4 or 5 days but there is nothing wrong with a miner watching out for himself as there are plenty of pools to chose from.   
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:32:20 AM

Thats understandable as I like the 2 hour payments and I talked to s0br on chat yesterday. The hack of his wallet and the loss of 2 blocks worth of coin ( 50 BTC ) put him in a position yesterday of having to wait till the two new blocks to confirm to use for payout as he had maxed out the limit that he could buy from Coinbase. . The way I understood he has bought coins to help make the bonus and or payments during slow times in the past. I have pulled my miners in the past a few times when I didn't feel comfortable with late payments but always came back once the payments were made. I have never had payments go 4 or 5 days but there is nothing wrong with a miner watching out for himself as there are plenty of pools to chose from.   
+1
I have done the same.  But I'm back now and it looks like a payment went out about 30 minutes ago.  Here is hoping his security has improved and we can see a larger bonus again.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:17:49 PM

Hmm sorry to hear s0br got stolen from. Its amazing how many bullshit thieves there are in bitcons. I love how honest s0br has always been with us. He is a good man and runs a great pool. I am also very interested in his other projects he is involved with. So far with my experience with i'm and his admins they have always been very upfront when problems arise and even paid us bonuses in times we deserved it. I do not know the man personally but I wish i did.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

Hmm sorry to hear s0br got stolen from. Its amazing how many bullshit thieves there are in bitcons. I love how honest s0br has always been with us. He is a good man and runs a great pool. I am also very interested in his other projects he is involved with. So far with my experience with i'm and his admins they have always been very upfront when problems arise and even paid us bonuses in times we deserved it. I do not know the man personally but I wish i did.

I agree with you as I know for a fact s0br is a trustworthy person.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

I agree with you as I know for a fact s0br is a trustworthy person.
He has been excellent to work with over the course of this pools existance.
I'm always cautious though with pools and anything bitcoin. It's a risky business and I have been shafted before buy a pool operator who declared the pool closed due to losses. They then reopened later but would not pay anyone back for earned shares from the old pool.
So I worry when I see ongoing security issues.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:41:22 PM

I'm always cautious though with pools and anything bitcoin. It's a risky business and I have been shafted before buy a pool operator who declared the pool closed due to losses. They then reopened later but would not pay anyone back for earned shares from the old pool.

I've been on the pool solid for about 4.5 months now, except when my rigs are rented out.

I don't worry about it and run away everytime there has been a problem, as they have always been sorted quickly. Getting 10% extra for months means most people are NOT going to lose anything even if the worst did happen which is very unlikely IMHO.

Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:43:38 AM

When will the pool be back up?
cyberpinoy

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:42:19 PM

I've been on the pool solid for about 4.5 months now, except when my rigs are rented out.

I don't worry about it and run away everytime there has been a problem, as they have always been sorted quickly. Getting 10% extra for months means most people are NOT going to lose anything even if the worst did happen which is very unlikely IMHO.

I ran in the beginning, But as time went on I always saw everything we did was fully reimbursed, if there was a problem that cost us BTC s0br always reimbursed us with a bonus that usually covered our losses. It has been a great pool. I have recommended it to everyone I now.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:15:36 PM

I ran in the beginning, But as time went on I always saw everything we did was fully reimbursed, if there was a problem that cost us BTC s0br always reimbursed us with a bonus that usually covered our losses. It has been a great pool. I have recommended it to everyone I now.

I agree as I pulled my miners many times when things screwed up with the pool when it was new, now I don't worry at all.
cyberpinoy

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:35:55 PM

I thin k my worry stemmed from this forum. I would bet if I never used this forum I would not have ran so quickly in the beginning. But now I have learned a few peoples whose opinion is useless. SO that was good it taught me something about the peoples opinion I used to think were unbiased and honest useful tools for my mining experience.

jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:48:52 PM

What about the Doge field? Are you adding scrypt mining at your pool?
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:51:00 PM

No the email that Gil sent out the other day said the DOGE coin being given out was just something extra even though the pool is not mining it.
cyberpinoy

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:02:50 AM

No the email that Gil sent out the other day said the DOGE coin being given out was just something extra even though the pool is not mining it.

I got that email to and I was one of the effected users of the namecoin problem, in less than 5 minutes of responding to the email my account was fixed. I didnt really care about the namecoins either way but ti was nice they were upfront and fixed the problem almost instantly.

jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:47:01 PM

Thanks guys. I didn't receive a mail, so I wasn't aware that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: