Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought)  (Read 98871 times)
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:03:36 AM

From the pools webpage

My payout:

Payment Information
Your account is currently being paid every 12 hours.
Current PPS Rate   0.0000000005351308
Current Time           2015-03-24 21:26:45
Last Payout Time   2015-03-22 00:13:26

And the pools queue blocks:

Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 115.34408460 Bitcoin.
There are 0 mined blocks waiting to mature, totalling 0 Bitcoin

Right after posting this I got a PARTIAL payment ( after waiting 64 hours) which only covered the BTC that was due BEFORE the last difficulty change a few days ago. And now the new pool queue blocks are:

Our combined oustanding balance in queue to be paid is 90.38442636 Bitcoin.

I guess the other 80BTC owners (me included) better hope that another bad luck streak does not happen. But the question still is can the pool ever get ahead without a fee of some kind? And I am asked to leave the pool  because I posted here about late payments?? O Ya they are only a few hours late and it only happened a couple of times  Roll Eyes  It's getting worse

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:05:25 AM

From the pools webpage

My payout:

Payment Information

Right after posting this I got a PARTIAL payment ( after waiting 64 hours) which only covered the BTC that was due BEFORE the last difficulty change a few days ago. And now the new pool queue blocks are:

I guess the other 80BTC owners (me included) better hope that another bad luck streak does not happen. But the question still is can the pool ever get ahead without a fee of some kind? And I am asked to leave the pool  because I posted here about late payments?? O Ya they are only a few hours late and it only happened a couple of times  Roll Eyes
Talk to S0br on irc.  He's there now.
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:37:20 AM

From the pools webpage

My payout:

Payment Information

I guess the other 80BTC owners (me included) better hope that another bad luck streak does not happen. But the question still is can the pool ever get ahead without a fee of some kind? And I am asked to leave the pool  because I posted here about late payments?? O Ya they are only a few hours late and it only happened a couple of times  Roll Eyes  It's getting worse

Interestingly, I got paid the current owed today and not the stuff waiting from the previous diff. s0br asked last time I was in irc, if anyone wanted to be paid right then. I'm in no hurry. I've been sad due to four machines not mining for many hours and haven't been on irc since those four went down. Things are alright for me now, fully mining on this pool.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:59:23 AM

From the pools webpage

My payout:

Payment Information

I guess the other 80BTC owners (me included) better hope that another bad luck streak does not happen. But the question still is can the pool ever get ahead without a fee of some kind? And I am asked to leave the pool  because I posted here about late payments?? O Ya they are only a few hours late and it only happened a couple of times  Roll Eyes  It's getting worse

Interestingly, I got paid the current owed today and not the stuff waiting from the previous diff. s0br asked last time I was in irc, if anyone wanted to be paid right then. I'm in no hurry. I've been sad due to four machines not mining for many hours and haven't been on irc since those four went down. Things are alright for me now, fully mining on this pool.

Yes that is interesting as mine was the older due. What you say about the IRC chat is what I hate about it. I spent a some time on BAN IRC chat before mostly just reading what was going on. A couple of times I asked questions but nobody answered or a few that did could not answer because s0br was not there. I did tak to s0br a couple of times and we PM a few times as well. I quit going because I didn't like it and found it not very effective, and I guess if you were not there when the question was asked if you wanted to getaid or not it's my fault?  But why would I think it would be any different that if I questioned my payments there that I would not be asked to just go mine somewhere else as Swimmer63 told me. That hit a raw nerve after all I did to help, try to fix problems and promote this pool.  I will now just try to undo what I have done and make sure anybody that took my advice to mine here is knows my feelings about the pool as it stands right now.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:21:11 AM

From the pools webpage

My payout:

Payment Information

I guess the other 80BTC owners (me included) better hope that another bad luck streak does not happen. But the question still is can the pool ever get ahead without a fee of some kind? And I am asked to leave the pool  because I posted here about late payments?? O Ya they are only a few hours late and it only happened a couple of times  Roll Eyes  It's getting worse

Yes that is interesting as mine was the older due. What you say about the IRC chat is what I hate about it. I spent a some time on BAN IRC chat before mostly just reading what was going on. A couple of times I asked questions but nobody answered or a few that did could not answer because s0br was not there. I did tak to s0br a couple of times and we PM a few times as well. I quit going because I didn't like it and found it not very effective, and I guess if you were not there when the question was asked if you wanted to getaid or not it's my fault?  But why would I think it would be any different that if I questioned my payments there that I would not be asked to just go mine somewhere else as Swimmer63 told me. That hit a raw nerve after all I did to help, try to fix problems and promote this pool.  I will now just try to undo what I have done and make sure anybody that took my advice to mine here is knows my feelings about the pool as it stands right now.
Sounds like a plan.  Good luck to you.
I sent S0br and email suggesting he take this thread down or update it or something.  I think the pool registrations are locked now anyway.  At least they were a week or so ago.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:44:23 AM

i been mining with this pool since august..

it is the only pool ive found that consistently pays more then the btc calculator says i should get with my hash rate..

waiting a couple days for the coins to come through doesnt bother me..
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:19:56 AM

Why didn't pay the NMC earnings ?

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:02:17 PM

Needmoney I am not sure if you are not getting paid your NMC ? If that is the case you need to have a wallet to have them sent to. I found it easy to have them just send to my CEX.IO  trading account at GHash and trade them for BTC when you have enough.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:23:58 PM

it is the only pool ive found that consistently pays more then the btc calculator says i should get with my hash rate..

Same here but if the payout system has changed then miners need to know. Having the wrong information posted here and on the pools home page is not right. As the payouts get later and later it makes you wonder, as my last partial payment went 64+ hours.  The last time I was on IRC chat it was stated that the payments would be fixed as he would be able to buy enough coins to get everything currant and this would not be a problem going forward. I believe that date was back in December or January as it all had to do with limits on buying thru CoinBase I believe. I have not been back to the chat since. I know miners have left the pool due to the payments and there will be a point where you could see a mass exit. The pool either needs to think about a fee, minimum payout or something other than the way it is now. You also need to consider the halfing  of blocks next year and just how many blocks are in queue when that happens. When s0br first started he stated this pool was to be used to promote another business and I always felt I could understand then if the pool was structured not to make money as a stand alone pool.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:31:29 PM

Same here but if the payout system has changed then miners need to know. Having the wrong information posted here and on the pools home page is not right. As the payouts get later and later it makes you wonder, as my last partial payment went 64+ hours.  The last time I was on IRC chat it was stated that the payments would be fixed as he would be able to buy enough coins to get everything currant and this would not be a problem going forward. I believe that date was back in December or January as it all had to do with limits on buying thru CoinBase I believe. I have not been back to the chat since. I know miners have left the pool due to the payments and there will be a point where you could see a mass exit. The pool either needs to think about a fee, minimum payout or something other than the way it is now. You also need to consider the halfing  of blocks next year and just how many blocks are in queue when that happens. When s0br first started he stated this pool was to be used to promote another business and I always felt I could understand then if the pool was structured not to make money as a stand alone pool.
You've stated in your post (the part I bolded) precisely why this pool cannot survive.  I've been saying it since the start.  Others have also been stating the same.  Fee-free PPS is a non-sustainable pool model.  It will require the operator to continually dump coins into the wallet so that payouts can be made.  It's why every other PPS pool charges fees.

Look, s0br may be the nicest guy on the planet, but you are relying upon his good naturedness to continue receiving your payouts.  The instant s0br decides he's spent enough of his own coin, bye bye pool, and bye bye payments.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:38:27 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 07:17:37 PM by aurel57

Same here but if the payout system has changed then miners need to know. Having the wrong information posted here and on the pools home page is not right. As the payouts get later and later it makes you wonder, as my last partial payment went 64+ hours.  The last time I was on IRC chat it was stated that the payments would be fixed as he would be able to buy enough coins to get everything currant and this would not be a problem going forward. I believe that date was back in December or January as it all had to do with limits on buying thru CoinBase I believe. I have not been back to the chat since. I know miners have left the pool due to the payments and there will be a point where you could see a mass exit. The pool either needs to think about a fee, minimum payout or something other than the way it is now. You also need to consider the halfing  of blocks next year and just how many blocks are in queue when that happens. When s0br first started he stated this pool was to be used to promote another business and I always felt I could understand then if the pool was structured not to make money as a stand alone pool.
You've stated in your post (the part I bolded) precisely why this pool cannot survive.  I've been saying it since the start.  Others have also been stating the same.  Fee-free PPS is a non-sustainable pool model.  It will require the operator to continually dump coins into the wallet so that payouts can be made.  It's why every other PPS pool charges fees.

Look, s0br may be the nicest guy on the planet, but you are relying upon his good naturedness to continue receiving your payouts.  The instant s0br decides he's spent enough of his own coin, bye bye pool, and bye bye payments.

The instant s0br decides he's spent enough of his own coin, bye bye pool, and bye bye payments.

It seems we may very well be close to that point seeing miners have to wait until future blocks are found and confirmed so the older ones can be paid.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:13:46 PM

It seems we may very well be close to that point seeing miners have to wait until future blocks are found and confirmed so the older ones can be paid.
It's inevitable.  Always has been.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:15:15 PM

Time to abandon ship, folks. p2pool and kano's pool will happily accept you with open (honest) arms!
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:54:30 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 09:09:32 PM by aurel57

It's inevitable.  Always has been.

I am at 85 Hours of not being paid in full. Where some may not notice is because when you get just a partial payment the clock resets to show you last payment but that is only true if you got paid everything. The rest that your owed that is late is still there and counting.... I am not owed much, so it's not the coin that matters it's the fact that a lot of the miners are not well informed of what's going on and it's getting worse. Good luck

85 hours sure seems like a lot more than a few hours??  But then again the longer you go without payment the less amount of times its late....  I am starting to understand it now.
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848

I am a good bro

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:09:14 PM

Needmoney I am not sure if you are not getting paid your NMC ? If that is the case you need to have a wallet to have them sent to. I found it easy to have them just send to my CEX.IO  trading account at GHash and trade them for BTC when you have enough.
I took 2 payments but now i have 0.80 NMC pending.
http://explorer.namecoin.info/a/NHgCp3a4WNfseDNrv5Y6yUg5f6VDK9MesE

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:12:18 PM

Needmoney I am not sure if you are not getting paid your NMC ? If that is the case you need to have a wallet to have them sent to. I found it easy to have them just send to my CEX.IO  trading account at GHash and trade them for BTC when you have enough.

I am still owed the bonus coins but really don't give a shit if I get them or not.

Bonus Coins
Coin   Balance
DOGE   0.46313538
NMC     1.11001707
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:21:49 PM

Needmoney I am not sure if you are not getting paid your NMC ? If that is the case you need to have a wallet to have them sent to. I found it easy to have them just send to my CEX.IO  trading account at GHash and trade them for BTC when you have enough.

I am still owed the bonus coins but really don't give a shit if I get them or not.

Bonus Coins
Coin   Balance
DOGE   0.46313538
NMC     1.11001707

bonus coins sometimes go weeks before you get paid..

unfortunately they are wasting the DOGE.. i dont think you can send less then 1.0 DOGE and i had to remove my DOGE address because the system kept sending me less.. so i was receiving a 0 deposit after the fee.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:32:12 PM

Bonus Coins
Coin   Balance
DOGE   0.46313538
NMC     1.11001707

unfortunately they are wasting the DOGE.. i dont think you can send less then 1.0 DOGE and i had to remove my DOGE address because the system kept sending me less.. so i was receiving a 0 deposit after the fee.

At CEX I think you need a min of 15,000 DOGE to trade them and 5 for the NMC.
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:40:11 PM

Time to abandon ship, folks. p2pool and kano's pool will happily accept you with open (honest) arms!

Yup, kano's is good. Also, Slush's Pool hit 10 blocks yesterday. Pretty good for a mid-sized pool. Bitminter is also good if you prefer smaller pools.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:04:14 AM

Bonus Coins
Coin   Balance
DOGE   0.46313538
NMC     1.11001707

At CEX I think you need a min of 15,000 DOGE to trade them and 5 for the NMC.

Yes that was the dumbest decision ever.
I noticed today they sent an email that promoted 0% trade fees. I think that site is going down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: