Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 1189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  (Read 1811506 times)
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 12:36:04 PM

The wall changed side...

i think this was just a demonstration of power

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:37:55 PM

This one's called, "All your prices are belong to me".  The bitcoin price is a one man show.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:39:30 PM

One man show, plus you know, everyone else  Roll Eyes
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:42:17 PM

One man show, plus you know, everyone else  Roll Eyes

Sure.  All those tiny little ups and downs are every one else.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 05:10:29 PM

Maybe he's just too smart for me, but I think this Manipulator acts irrationally.

Lets face the facts:

- Hes got funds worth about 50k BTC on the BID and 20k BTC on the ASK side
- Playing Ping Pong doesnt work anymore
- to bring the price DOWN to buy cheap bitcoins his 20k ASK wall seems to be too small and hes changing his positions too quickly
- to bring the price UP to sell all his 20k BTC, he's too cautios position his BID wall closer to the current market price, so everyone knows, that 50k BTC BID wall will be withdrawn as soon as price comes closer
- while trying to bring the price UP, he also can`t resist the urge to place his 20k ASK wall at the same time, inhibating any rally efforts
- a nearly 1 month old upward triangle is forming with increasing pressure to produce an outreak upwards or downwards, finalizing latest on the 25th of July, probably much earlier and leaving space for only 1 or 2 more outbreak attempts to the upside, before collapsing.

The most logical conclusion to escape this gridlock would be to withdraw the ASK wall completely, making way for the much anticipated rally beyond 7.00$ into the range of 9.00 or 10 $/BTC. Then just before the peak a selling would much higher returns anyway.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 05:52:11 PM

Maybe he's just too smart for me, but I think this Manipulator acts irrationally.

Lets face the facts:

- Hes got funds worth about 50k BTC on the BID and 20k BTC on the ASK side
- Playing Ping Pong doesnt work anymore
- to bring the price DOWN to buy cheap bitcoins his 20k ASK wall seems to be too small and hes changing his positions too quickly
- to bring the price UP to sell all his 20k BTC, he's too cautios position his BID wall closer to the current market price, so everyone knows, that 50k BTC BID wall will be withdrawn as soon as price comes closer
- while trying to bring the price UP, he also can`t resist the urge to place his 20k ASK wall at the same time, inhibating any rally efforts
- a nearly 1 month old upward triangle is forming with increasing pressure to produce an outreak upwards or downwards, finalizing latest on the 25th of July, probably much earlier and leaving space for only 1 or 2 more outbreak attempts to the upside, before collapsing.

The most logical conclusion to escape this gridlock would be to withdraw the ASK wall completely, making way for the much anticipated rally beyond 7.00$ into the range of 9.00 or 10 $/BTC. Then just before the peak a selling would much higher returns anyway.

The theory goes the manipulator i.e. pirate is only trying to keep the price low not buy low, sell high.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:26:00 PM

How could he possibly profit from a low price?
All his funds are held in BTC right? All dividends payed in BTC as well.
So only a high price would be beneficial to him for a higher net worth of his funds held and in case he bails out with it, he will get more money for his coins once he sells them.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:32:24 PM

So only a high price would be beneficial to him for a higher net worth of his funds held and in case he bails out with it, he will get more money for his coins once he sells them.

Because his profits cone in USD and he has to buy BTC to pay the interest.  Also, he has USD exposure on some of his funds at times and he especially needs to ensure the prices stays down during those times.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:43:04 PM

1. He's paying interest from the funds previously received. When he has to actually buy new BTC to pay interest, he's in the red. Then his ponzi scheme can be seen failed. (based on the assumption that he is running a ponzi)

2. What other funds are you thinking of?

3. How do you know these funds are exposed to USD?
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:03:44 PM

1. He's paying interest from the funds previously received. When he has to actually buy new BTC to pay interest, he's in the red. Then his ponzi scheme can be seen failed. (based on the assumption that he is running a ponzi)

2. What other funds are you thinking of?

3. How do you know these funds are exposed to USD?

It is in my best interest to not publish details about his business model, although I know little beyond what is public.  Yes, this breaks with the ponzi assumption, but I make no such assumption.  He helps impatient people buy bitcoin and charges a nice fee to handle the volume at the quoted price.

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:30:08 PM

Here's why:

No, I need no details. I just want to know why you don't have enough BTC to continue without investors by now. Exponential growth is pretty neat, and I don't see why these peoples' BTC should be better than your own.

If there's one thing I found out by now, then it's that you joke a lot less than it seems. I trust you can fulfill the promise above, and you'll have a laugh at a lot of people when you do.

I can't remember how many times I've explained this, but for you I'll do it again.

Bitcoin is not fiat yet.  That doesn't mean it won't be at some point nor does it mean I don't believe in it. There's simply no reason at this time for me to risk market movements with my converted fiat > bitcoin when there's hundreds of users that will let me make money with their coins.  I don't need them, I just prefer them.

My operation is funded by my lenders and I do hold a few personal coins myself.

As you can see, he claims he does what ever the hell he does (I believe nothing) in USD and then converts back into BTC. The only reason he isn't doing what he does with his own money and gives up huges profits, he says, is because he doesn't want to risk his own money holding USD while BTC might climb, so he borrows BTC at insane rates from people and transfers that risk on to them.

I believe there are post where he even says that a price jump higher would be really bad for him.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:41:48 PM

Here's why:

No, I need no details. I just want to know why you don't have enough BTC to continue without investors by now. Exponential growth is pretty neat, and I don't see why these peoples' BTC should be better than your own.

If there's one thing I found out by now, then it's that you joke a lot less than it seems. I trust you can fulfill the promise above, and you'll have a laugh at a lot of people when you do.

I can't remember how many times I've explained this, but for you I'll do it again.

Bitcoin is not fiat yet.  That doesn't mean it won't be at some point nor does it mean I don't believe in it. There's simply no reason at this time for me to risk market movements with my converted fiat > bitcoin when there's hundreds of users that will let me make money with their coins.  I don't need them, I just prefer them.

My operation is funded by my lenders and I do hold a few personal coins myself.

As you can see, he claims he does what ever the hell he does (I believe nothing) in USD and then converts back into BTC. The only reason he isn't doing what he does with his own money and gives up huges profits, he says, is because he doesn't want to risk his own money holding USD while BTC might climb, so he borrows BTC at insane rates from people and transfers that risk on to them.

I believe there are post where he even says that a price jump higher would be really bad for him.

I don't read his comment like that at all.  To me, it sounds like he doesn't want to risk holding large amounts of bitcoin (for those times he needs to sell them for USD NOW).  It's funny how bad assumptions make you see what you are looking for instead of what is said.  He's eliminating the risk of BTC falling from his business model.  If BTC takes a shit he can easily repay his debt and has no loss of personal funds.  If it rockets at the wrong time however, we will have a problem.

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:56:30 PM

If BTC takes a shit he can easily repay his debt and has no loss of personal funds.  If it rockets at the wrong time however, we will have a problem.

And what did I say?

The theory goes the manipulator i.e. pirate is only trying to keep the price low not buy low, sell high.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:08:38 PM

With the current buy wall I doubt that pirate is behind it. He would have had to sell a lot of BTC to obtain that many USD to put that wall in place.
I even think pirate isn't involved with the exchanges at all.

The best explanation is that the wall belongs to someone who sold back in 2010 toying with us all the way. The fun thing about Mtgox is, if there ever is a buywall/sellwall you can bet that funds are still on there once the wall is pulled. From the looks of it there are already a bunch of suckers piled before 6.50. So if that wall gets pulled that is where it will go.

Last time was sell wall -> popped went up now down, then rinse, repeat.
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:16:41 PM

If BTC takes a shit he can easily repay his debt and has no loss of personal funds.  If it rockets at the wrong time however, we will have a problem.

And what did I say?

The opposite
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 01:57:46 AM

it seems no matter which way the walls are placed, people are buying bitcoin... and with good reason!

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:48:27 PM

This is odd.  MtGox reported $7+ for a while, but there really wasn't any change in volume.  I think something isn't working right, or almost all the asks were removed and somebody bought anyway, or some combination.

damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:46:59 PM

It could have something to do with the other markets, maybe it's converting GBP or EUR trades to USD or smth like that.
But yeah, it's not very clear what that's supposed to mean..
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:53:17 PM

I started writing a trading bot a few weeks ago. Gox sends me garbage quite often, buys/asks in the $4.00 - $24.00 range. Maybe that influenced the header. I've always wondered what's going on, but could find nothing on these boards explaining it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 05:56:30 PM

MtGox is buggy, it has been sending info and/or executing trades incorrectly intermittently for 2 years.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 1189 »
  Print  

Jump to: