Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:54:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376977 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8968

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 11:34:28 PM

I dont get why I cant even get a response from him or much attention from other posters there? I am trying to offer an idea to try and improve this coin incase it is not a scam. I believe in some of the ideas behind the coin. But I get nothing from most people. Not even a, your Idea sucks.

What's your user name? Are you sure you aren't shadowbanned?

And ... in case it is not a scam? Can you explain how you think that's still a possibility?

Username is tony54. And I say this because there is no evidence that this is 100% a scam. They are still there working on it and have not run away. At this point to me this is more like a poorly run coin then a complete scam. They have made false or wrong statements however companies all the time do this. They think it will do something but later come back and say they failed/screwed up/ no longer can make the deadline. So it doesn’t mean scam just because it is poorly run and needs some major changes. Know if they run away with the money then it is a scam. I think scam is thrown around too much. This has been more of poor business practices with not following through on what they say and just doing an overall bad job of a lot of things.

I'm still subscribing to that theory too, but it's getting harder and harder to understand WHY they would try so hard to look as shady as they do. It's one thing to be incompetent, but all this lying and scrubbing and antagonizing everyone is absolutely ridiculous.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:41:44 PM

I dont get why I cant even get a response from him or much attention from other posters there? I am trying to offer an idea to try and improve this coin incase it is not a scam. I believe in some of the ideas behind the coin. But I get nothing from most people. Not even a, your Idea sucks.

What's your user name? Are you sure you aren't shadowbanned?

And ... in case it is not a scam? Can you explain how you think that's still a possibility?

Username is tony54. And I say this because there is no evidence that this is 100% a scam. They are still there working on it and have not run away. At this point to me this is more like a poorly run coin then a complete scam. They have made false or wrong statements however companies all the time do this. They think it will do something but later come back and say they failed/screwed up/ no longer can make the deadline. So it doesn’t mean scam just because it is poorly run and needs some major changes. Know if they run away with the money then it is a scam. I think scam is thrown around too much. This has been more of poor business practices with not following through on what they say and just doing an overall bad job of a lot of things.

I'm still subscribing to that theory too, but it's getting harder and harder to understand WHY they would try so hard to look as shady as they do. It's one thing to be incompetent, but all this lying and scrubbing and antagonizing everyone is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree this is what I dont get either. I think part is ego and thinking they know better than everyone else. IMP they are skirting as close as they can to fraud. But then again I am not a lawyer so I will not say I really know where the line is. I guess I should say to me it has to be on the line.
neochronos

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:43:38 PM

This is not a find. If you guys want people to take you seriously use actual evidence as a scam. Suchmoon when he/she (sorry not sure) posts does a very good job of supporting what they say. Prior to investing in GAW I found numerous articles about his previous wireless company. None of them were scams. Yes they didn’t always follow through on projects but not every project is finished. If we say, "Well they said they would do xyz and they didn’t so they are a scam" we would have to throw every company owner and manager in jail for scamming. So use facts and actual evidence when accusing someone of scamming.

While the article doesn't necessarily suggest scam in that circumstance, what's interesting is the long list of complaints of making promises and not keeping them.
From 2008 to 2015, seems like not much has changed.  In this case, where hyping an investment product with false promises to entice sales is another matter.
The article supports a history of say one thing and do another, which almost everyone has witnessed.  Couple that with the fact of these promises being scrubbed from Hashtalk in damage control attempts, and things don't look good.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:43:55 PM

Here we go again.  Roll Eyes

It is not a scam. It is a fucking blatant scam.

What do you call advertizing a venture where: you state you have 100 million dollar financial backing,  you already have 3 of the largest vendors on board, and you guarantee that your investment will not be below 20 dollars.

What do you call this when none of this turns out to be true?

A mistake?

Bad luck?

An honest error?

Overly enthusiastic marketing?

If this piece of shit's sales brochure said: we have our own funds of 1 million plus to self finance this venture, we will try to get all the major vendors on board and if we are successful, you might realize a return of 20 dollars.

Then yes it is not a scam.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:45:08 PM

This is not a find. If you guys want people to take you seriously use actual evidence as a scam. Suchmoon when he/she (sorry not sure) posts does a very good job of supporting what they say. Prior to investing in GAW I found numerous articles about his previous wireless company. None of them were scams. Yes they didn’t always follow through on projects but not every project is finished. If we say, "Well they said they would do xyz and they didn’t so they are a scam" we would have to throw every company owner and manager in jail for scamming. So use facts and actual evidence when accusing someone of scamming.

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong.

If I sign a contract that says the company will do XYZ and they don't do XYZ, I want my money back. If they refuse, they are scamming me.

GAW took that $40k grant, promised progress/updates for months, and 6 months later disappeared with no evidence of having done anything. Didn't even try to acquire the permits.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ashfield-broadband/gaw|sort:date
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:49:51 PM

The scam is: they promised to stabilize the price at $20 which is the basis many people accepted to mine (or get paid with) HP points but then they "found out" that the CFTC will prosecute them for price manipulation so the hard floor strategy has been abandoned.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:49:59 PM

I think you may be lost, sir. This is not a courtroom, it is an internet forum. This is just a discussion to try to uncover the basic gyst of WTF is going on with this ongoing fiasco, as it is going on and to wash around ideas to try and figure out what is most likely the truth based on whatever forum members find. When the wheels fall off of this turdwagon called Paycoin and people start to sue, there will be people called "Lawyers" who will scour for relevant information and vet it as to its authenticity.

Also: You are saying that you knew full well that GAW and it's owner had a history of taking investors money raised to complete projects and then not finish them, and yet the owner of the company got rich somehow at the same time, and your decision was to invest with his new company because you did not see the word "SCAM" in an article describing this past activity? Well, OK then, good for you, ya effing brainiac. How did that work out for ya??

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:50:25 PM

Here we go again.  Roll Eyes

It is not a scam. It is a fucking blatant scam.

What do you call advertizing a venture where: you state you have 100 million dollar financial backing,  you already have 3 of the largest vendors on board, and you guarantee that your investment will not be below 20 dollars.

What do you call this when none of this turns out to be true?

A mistake?

Bad luck?

An honest error?

Overly enthusiastic marketing?

If this piece of shit's sales brochure said: we have our own funds of 1 million plus to self finance this venture, we will try to get all the major vendors on board and if we are successful, you might realize a return of 20 dollars.

Then yes it is not a scam.
T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:50:34 PM

I did the math and purchased 12000 Paycoins. Given my best case

scenario this will be worth 4 Trillion dollars in 2020 (4 Quadrillion/1000)

worst case 200 Billion (200 Trillion/1000).

Pocket lint valuation, still $200 Million I can live with that.

A perfect example of the type of individual con artists and psychopaths are drawn to. Good luck with your investments and be careful not to buy any bridges people offer to sell you.

Even if the value of a coin will be about that of a speck of dust

(about one millionth of one cent) in 2020 my stake will be worth

200 thousand dollars. You bashers just don´t understand the power of numbers.

and who's going to buy your coins in 2020? no buyers means your coins arent actually worth anything....

next question. werent the prime controllers actually ment to do something? so far it seems they are just spitting out absurd amounts of paycoin for GAW
pie27

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 11:52:24 PM

Everyone is aware it is not illegal for GAW to buy there coins back for the $20 promised on there site they just wont do it
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:53:03 PM

I did the math and purchased 12000 Paycoins. Given my best case

scenario this will be worth 4 Trillion dollars in 2020 (4 Quadrillion/1000)

worst case 200 Billion (200 Trillion/1000).

Pocket lint valuation, still $200 Million I can live with that.

A perfect example of the type of individual con artists and psychopaths are drawn to. Good luck with your investments and be careful not to buy any bridges people offer to sell you.

Even if the value of a coin will be about that of a speck of dust

(about one millionth of one cent) in 2020 my stake will be worth

200 thousand dollars. You bashers just don´t understand the power of numbers.

and who's going to buy your coins in 2020? no buyers means your coins arent actually worth anything....

next question. werent the prime controllers actually ment to do something? so far it seems they are just spitting out absurd amounts of paycoin for GAW

It was just a bad joke.

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:54:11 PM

That's what they were supposed to do... spit out massive and absurd amounts of XPY for GAW...

Care to buy any? Wink

This space not for rent...
tom14cat14

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:54:44 PM

While the article doesn't necessarily suggest scam in that circumstance, what's interesting is the long list of complaints of making promises and not keeping them.
From 2008 to 2015, seems like not much has changed.  In this case, where hyping an investment product with false promises to entice sales is another matter.
The article supports a history of say one thing and do another, which almost everyone has witnessed.  Couple that with the fact of these promises being scrubbed from Hashtalk in damage control attempts, and things don't look good.

I will agree with you there. It is showing a pattern of not following through. But it is not as damning as the poster above wants you to think. Every company has this. I am not sure if he is scamming us or just doing a poor job of running this thing. That is why I offered my opinion to him whether he wanted to hear it or no. I have heard nothing on current thread form him and the thread a few days ago was shut down and redirected to the giant thread. My guess is because I do say negative things they don’t want to hear form me or because if they talk about considering my plan that means they would admit that the screen shots are not lies and that they did tell us there would be a $20 floor. I gave them an idea that could help right the ship if they are truly trying to fix this and if they have they actually have the money backing it.
WaffleMaster

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:55:04 PM

Everyone is aware it is not illegal for GAW to buy there coins back for the $20 promised on there site they just wont do it
Think about it. Even if it wasn't allowed, they promised to do something illegal to get people to buy their shit for commercial gain. It really doesn't matter in my eyes why they can't and haven't. The fraud was committed regardless the reason why they can't.
tom14cat14

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:58:36 PM

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong.

If I sign a contract that says the company will do XYZ and they don't do XYZ, I want my money back. If they refuse, they are scamming me.

GAW took that $40k grant, promised progress/updates for months, and 6 months later disappeared with no evidence of having done anything. Didn't even try to acquire the permits.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ashfield-broadband/gaw|sort:date

They never took the money from the grant. There was another article talking about this and how they didn’t actually withdraw any funds from the grant and let it expire. Come on don’t make me defend them. Use an actual thing they have scammed on. This paycoin I have in pending category because they did promise the floor. That is why I want them to fix it and gave them an idea of how to do it while still protecting the outflow of cash for them to have time to make the coin better.
pie27

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 11:59:34 PM

I will agree with you there. It is showing a pattern of not following through. But it is not as damning as the poster above wants you to think. Every company has this. I am not sure if he is scamming us or just doing a poor job of running this thing. That is why I offered my opinion to him whether he wanted to hear it or no. I have heard nothing on current thread form him and the thread a few days ago was shut down and redirected to the giant thread. My guess is because I do say negative things they don’t want to hear form me or because if they talk about considering my plan that means they would admit that the screen shots are not lies and that they did tell us there would be a $20 floor. I gave them an idea that could help right the ship if they are truly trying to fix this and if they have they actually have the money backing it.
Its anyway you take it doesn't have to be daming just follows very similar pattern happening now I still think that this is gonna end up as a Mt Gaw situation I know I have personally contacted the SEC and was informed from them that they have received several complaints and are looking into the issue
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:59:40 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27762/gawceo-on-reddit/172 lol this guy called me  a little fcking girl geez lead one asult on reddit and im a little girl

Caught this reply down that thread...

I genuinely feel bad for these people.  I know I call them GAWdrones sometimes but man their just human beings... and thats why we're doing all this right to save guys like that from getting screwed.  Stuff like this bums me out I know what its like to be on the losing end of a scam.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
WaffleMaster

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:04:49 AM

Anybody realize their referral system provided $5 worth of HashPoints (store credit) for referring 1 person to buy a hashlet that was maybe worth $6 max? So there was a 90% return. Does not one person think that was suspect? At the time they were saying you buy a Paycoin for 400 Hashpoints, so that would actually be a 3x return?
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:05:53 AM

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:06:11 AM

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: