Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:37:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376902 times)
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:29:56 PM

Has this been posted already??

http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-miners-paycoin-disappearing-20-floor/

Great article.

Out of all the users on this thread, Dekay gets a link, lmfao.

Good. Somewhat mild on the disposal of evidence - "thread linked above is currently unavailable"  Roll Eyes - making those posts "unavailable" is a red flag potentially larger than the rest of the article, but time will come for that too I think.

Otherwise some decent journalism for a change.

There were also some broken links in the article that could be fixed by the simple 'remove everything after the number" trick. Slightly disappointed that the author couldn't fix all of those, but not really a big deal. What's the consensus on this thread on whether Stuart Fraser really is on board with $100 million somewhere?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bumpershot

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:39:14 PM

There were also some broken links in the article that could be fixed by the simple 'remove everything after the number" trick. Slightly disappointed that the author couldn't fix all of those, but not really a big deal. What's the consensus on this thread on whether Stuart Fraser really is on board with $100 million somewhere?

$100 million is a very large number. He's probably invested, but I doubt by anything close to that much. Maybe drop a zero.
pd62512005

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:41:52 PM

Paragraph after paragraph of nothingness... to ultimately end up with this:

In the end, however, we know that the marketplace controls the price of the coin . . . but when enough people come together, and when that scenario seems very much achievable, the $20 valuation is quite fair.

The underlined part is their really poor attempt at an excuse.  And it's not true if they have funds to support a coin buy-back.

The bolded part is just more nonsense to say that they will not honor a floor that they specifically said they would.

All of the blog post is just a big dance around the issue.  They didn't provide any technical reasons why they couldn't support a floor,

https://blog.paybase.com/paycoin-and-the-20-base-an-overview/
Well, thanks for turning to logic puwaha. Not too long ago you were once considered a shill. You have now transcended your previous form and accumulated a degree of truth. Congrats puwaha. Good to have you in the free thinker's area.

Glad im not a free thinker calling scam on community organized dump

And dont forget your motto:

INSTANTLY BECOME A MILLIONAIRE!
BetCoin™
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:43:09 PM

Came true? You mean all the people that wanted a scam created one by selling something intended for trade, they are the scammers.

Are you suggesting Paycoin has become a scam now? That sounds disrespectful and accusatory.

What's the consensus on this thread on whether Stuart Fraser really is on board with $100 million somewhere?

Coindesk could have helped with that if they bothered to talk to him. So far all we know about his "involvement" are some canned statements in the WSJ blog and some tweets.

$100 million has the same probability of existing as the $20 floor. It was a convenient number to throw around and some point, now it's meaningless, since the obligation to support the coin has been punted to the "community".
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:44:27 PM

Well, thanks for turning to logic puwaha. Not too long ago you were once considered a shill. You have now transcended your previous form and accumulated a degree of truth. Congrats puwaha. Good to have you in the free thinker's area.

My attitude soured once the "floor" lie came true.  The waffling (pun intended just for your screen name) since then is just irritating to me now.  Trying to use CFTC and "market manipulation" as a reason they couldn't support a floor was just more lies, or a complete lack of understanding concerning what they were getting into.

As I tell people on HT... It's exactly like those late night commercials you see where some pawn shop says "We will buy your gold for higher prices than anyone else in town!".  That's not illegal... that's free market.  Most importantly... for it to qualify as manipulation... it has to harm someone. No one is being harmed by getting more value from their coin by dealing in paybase versus some other exchange.

Came true? You mean all the people that wanted a scam created one by selling something intended for trade, they are the scammers.

Or is it just to be the bully knocking over some one else's sandcastle because yours sucks?

Your level of delusion is really incredible. You actually think it's the "trolls" causing the price to crash?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that this ultra hyped coin launched with zero promised features, and without the only feature people cared about? ($20 floor)

Nah I'm sure you're right, the trolls probably did eat through that $100 million dollar floor in seconds on cryptsy.

Every coin that has came out has been turned to shit by pump and dump scammers. Why is litecoin crap now? Why is Dogecoin so devoid of value now? Its very pathetic. Last year there was less than 130 "altcoins". Now there is over 500. And everyone of them is more of a scam than anything GAW did.

You mean every shitcoin has been turned to shit by pump and dumpers. I'm glad you're learning something about the nature of shitcoins.

There was no lie about a floor. They did honor that. Then they stopped.

Maybe you don't know what a floor is so I'll explain it to you.

A price floor is a government- or group-imposed price control or limit on how low a price can be charged for a product.[1] A price floor must be higher than the equilibrium price in order to be effective

To clarify; A single buy order of ~$500k that is eaten up in seconds is not a price floor.

Promising to spend $100m on a $20 floor, then calling it quits after spending only $500k = lying.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:52:23 PM

A price floor is a government- or group-imposed price control or limit on how low a price can be charged for a product.[1] A price floor must be higher than the equilibrium price in order to be effective

To clarify; A single buy order of ~$500k that is eaten up in seconds is not a price floor.

Promising to spend $100m on a $20 floor, then calling it quits after spending only $500k = lying.

What?  Huh You mean taking all of the BTC available to GAW and buying up XPY listed by GAW insiders on exchanges with bots in a flash, skipping over many other listings, is not a floor? Hmmm.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:53:57 PM

They still charge fees at coin-swap. Think of how hard it's going to be to compete with lies and broken promises.

You need to innovate and figure out how to add real value, not just how to take advantage of the fact that "no one else" is doing what you're doing.

So I am going to help you.........We will continue buying companies in every sector of this industry.

Once I have acquired the company, I will make their service free to use.

That's it.

Think of how hard it's going to be to compete with free.

It's time to start innovating. I have been at this for a while.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/26247

http://web.archive.org/web/20150106020229/https://hashtalk.org/topic/26247/to-many-fellow-crypto-companies

doogsan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:58:41 PM

These market manipulation theories come from people who are overly

in love
with their investments and what they recommend other people

to invest in and refuse to face the real reasons why said investments

fail to perform.

Definitely.  I have invested in several alt coins over the past year and have heard the same thing over and over again.
"Whales are keeping the price low so they can accumulate"
"Somebody is dumping purposely just because they want to ruin (insert coin name here)"

Those are just two of my favorites.

Lol, yeah love that. And then the solution is that they just need some user adoption to give the coin real value Smiley
coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:59:13 PM

Daffy
Daffy
 Admin
 Paycoin Origin
@buckrogers yeah it's discusting they really are hurting everything that has to do with crypto.

Simple things make people happy.
FAQs, Costs/Fees, Payouts
XPY Tips PDaffyVfp5pUyHrP9o9BUdEkUFfxyWfaxJ
BTC Tips 1DaffykYjohRjqVYMcGjgHgqBokBUekSH6

@daffy whats really hurting crypto is the lies josh told me to get me to get involved,will set a floor at $20,will buy your xpy at $20 up to $700 a week.You can buy at amazon walmart etc.You might shout Josh is the second coming on hashtalk but you are hiding the fact your selling off your account like other admin/mods on there but lie about it.Like josh your are just an out and out liar but the fact your admin you know about the scam and will go to jail with him.Better tell the wife you can lose your house over this when you are all sued

bmgbmg

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:12:27 PM

I'd day drop two zeros then devide by four.

These are not millionaires, they're thousandaires wanting to be millionaires.

Are you suggesting Paycoin has become a scam now? That sounds disrespectful and accusatory.

What's the consensus on this thread on whether Stuart Fraser really is on board with $100 million somewhere?

Coindesk could have helped with that if they bothered to talk to him. So far all we know about his "involvement" are some canned statements in the WSJ blog and some tweets.

$100 million has the same probability of existing as the $20 floor. It was a convenient number to throw around and some point, now it's meaningless, since the obligation to support the coin has been punted to the "community".
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:15:22 PM

Great article.

Good. Somewhat mild on the disposal of evidence - "thread linked above is currently unavailable"  Roll Eyes - making those posts "unavailable" is a red flag potentially larger than the rest of the article, but time will come for that too I think.

Is he an idiot? Because at that level, or even dropping a zero, any investor who isn't an idiot would have done some due diligence. They'd have wanted to see evidence of the alleged partnerships with major retailers. They'd have looked at the alleged projections justifying the $20 floor. They'd have wanted to see a detailed, specific breakdown for the distribution and generation of coins. And a potential investor at that level would have been allowed to verify all of those things ... if it were a real business plan I mean.

If some idiot did drop a hundred million on it without due diligence, then once the partnerships failed to materialize and the web site turned out to be an empty shell and the innovative features of the coin turned out to be nonexistent, etc., etc., their lawyers would be eviscerating GAW to get as much of that money back as they could. Unless they're too much of an idiot to see that everything they'd been promised was bogus I guess.

But GAW doesn't seem to have spent any significant amount of money on maintaining the floor for thirty seconds (so they can say they kept that promise, sort of), or on development staffing, or on PR, or anything really. That's the best evidence that they don't have it.
bmgbmg

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:17:30 PM

Exactly, they don't have millions of dollars, they only have a few hundred thousand dollars.  They want millions of dollars.  Does everybody get it now?

Great article.

Is he an idiot? Because at that level, or even dropping a zero, any investor who isn't an idiot would have done some due diligence. They'd have wanted to see evidence of the alleged partnerships with major retailers. They'd have looked at the alleged projections justifying the $20 floor. They'd have wanted to see a detailed, specific breakdown for the distribution and generation of coins. And a potential investor at that level would have been allowed to verify all of those things ... if it were a real business plan I mean.

If some idiot did drop a hundred million on it without due diligence, then once the partnerships failed to materialize and the web site turned out to be an empty shell and the innovative features of the coin turned out to be nonexistent, etc., etc., their lawyers would be eviscerating GAW to get as much of that money back as they could. Unless they're too much of an idiot to see that everything they'd been promised was bogus I guess.

But GAW doesn't seem to have spent any significant amount of money on maintaining the floor for thirty seconds (so they can say they kept that promise, sort of), or on development staffing, or on PR, or anything really. That's the best evidence that they don't have it.
doogsan

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:24:29 PM

I'm skeptical. There's no public statement available from the guy. A journalist should really try to contact him.
kekek

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:26:42 PM

And just like that @rootdude's reign of tyranny has ended. Thank you to everyone who called rootdude out on his bullshit and especially those who got in contact with GAW staff.

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:30:06 PM

This topic is getting more attention, another article came out today on Coindesk, exposing more of GAW than they would like to be I would imagine. I haven't see GAW on their Ad rotator today either.

ikeboy

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:33:20 PM

What?  Huh You mean taking all of the BTC available to GAW and buying up XPY listed by GAW insiders on exchanges with bots in a flash, skipping over many other listings, is not a floor? Hmmm.

I don't think they could choose which orders to match  unless they paid off cryptsy, and I don't think they did.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:38:15 PM

Other than only one person claiming they sold their coin for $20 or more after launch what do the actual stats today say? Quick checking Crypsy shows only highest price of $18 and a day after the launch?

Their mantra is on the day of the launch they did exactly what they said they would i.e. hit $20, and immediately thereafter (same day), they let it go as it was too strong.

Does it show anywhere on the day it went live it did indeed hit $20?
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:42:12 PM

The Hash King
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:43:37 PM

Other than only one person claiming they sold their coin for $20 or more after launch what do the actual stats today say? Quick checking Crypsy shows only highest price of $18 and a day after the launch?

Their mantra is on the day of the launch they did exactly what they said they would i.e. hit $20, and immediately thereafter (same day), they let it go as it was too strong.

Does it show anywhere on the day it went live it did indeed hit $20?

It hit 599,000 BTC for about three seconds back then on coin-swap.  Grin

TheThinTinMan

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:46:11 PM

And just like that @rootdude's reign of tyranny has ended. Thank you to everyone who called rootdude out on his bullshit and especially those who got in contact with GAW staff.https://i.imgur.com/xGQplga.png

Fuck rootdude. I am glad he is removed as a mod and now I know his agenda, I will rip him into him more so now on the forums. I ignored him on hashtalk because I thought he was a fucking idiot.  Now I know that as a fact he will cop it form everyone now.

Oh looks like bitcoin bar is also attacking normal people for selling xpy for some profit, he thinks those people who cashed out a bit of their coin are responsible for the mass dumpings. I dont know how stupid you have to be to think that, when we all know GAW dumped hard.  Its no ones fault but gaws with their delays, non 20 dollar floor etc..
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: