Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 [779] 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376917 times)
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:30:25 PM

Don't say that anyone deserves to lose their money.

GAW - debatable, there is a gray area there with the deceptive marketing and what not.

Weekly ponzi - absolutely yes, even the name implies you'll lose money, so how can it not be deserved?

I was going to add a disclaimer for things like cryptodouble and weeklyponzi but was lazy.

Anyway, is someone who invests with gaw with the purpose of suing afterward really blameworthy in a "you deserve to lose money" sense?

Yes because that's stupider than investing in GAW because you believe in it. Just hold your money, why give it to a crook so you can work and spend money to get it back?

Higher returns.

Anyway, I've been shadowbanned finally https://hashtalk.org/user/ikeboy

Update: asked moderators and got unbanned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 09:32:44 PM

Anyway, is someone who invests with gaw with the purpose of suing afterward really blameworthy in a "you deserve to lose money" sense?

Why invest with the purpose of suing? Just don't invest. Don't risk your money and don't give them even the slightest chance to gain anything.

Higher returns.

How can you expect higher returns by suing? That by itself sounds shady. The best you should hope from a lawsuit is your damages minus legal expenses, and your damages are not $20 per coin. Which is a moot point anyway because even if you win it also depends on GAW actually being able to pay up.

Congrats Smiley
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

Don't say that anyone deserves to lose their money.

GAW - debatable, there is a gray area there with the deceptive marketing and what not.

Weekly ponzi - absolutely yes, even the name implies you'll lose money, so how can it not be deserved?

I was going to add a disclaimer for things like cryptodouble and weeklyponzi but was lazy.

Yes because that's stupider than investing in GAW because you believe in it. Just hold your money, why give it to a crook so you can work and spend money to get it back?

Higher returns.

How are you going to get higher returns by suing? The only returns would be your money or some other victim's money, there is no legit plan to make money. Some of your money will go to paying their lawyers, you will need to fork out more of your money to pay lawyers. If their layers and layers of bullshit don't insulate them and you win the lawsuit, there will be less money to collect. Just keep your cash and your coins and watch the world burn.
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:40:53 PM

Why invest with the purpose of suing? Just don't invest. Don't risk your money and don't give them even the slightest chance to gain anything.

Higher returns.

How can you expect higher returns by suing? That by itself sounds shady. The best you should hope from a lawsuit is your damages minus legal expenses, and your damages are not $20 per coin. Which is a moot point anyway because even if you win it also depends on GAW actually being able to pay up.

Congrats Smiley

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Promissory+Estoppel

"In a majority of cases, however, injustice is avoided by awarding the plaintiff an amount consistent with the value of the promise. Other cases avoid injustice by awarding the plaintiff only an amount necessary to compensate her for the economic detriment actually suffered."

So there's a good chance of getting the full $20 out of them.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:48:01 PM

That is how you can be the 3rd party escrow and participant at the same time.

"third-party" implies that it's not one of the parties participating in the transaction, so no, you can't.

It was a joke... a lame attempt at one... but a joke nonetheless.
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:49:33 PM

Dude should just learn to keep his mouth shut when he's ahead.. It stinks so bad when he opens it that it draws the flies.

Sometimes I wonder if HE even understands fully what is coming out of his own mouth and the ramifications.

Unreal...

Scott-

Scott what really amazes me is that someone this stupid can get 2 ferraris. i mean smarter people work their life to get that. im perplexed that a complete deadshit can get ahead like this even if for a short time. how did this ever happen? surely previous angel investors etc realused this guy was a retard right? how did he get his start?

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to sell wireless internet to a captive audience. Slap some networking boxes together, work a deal out for a terrestrial link or microwave relay, overpromise and underdeliver - badda bing badda boom! Dollars in your pocket.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

The market reads this perfectly. There is no incentive to bid the coin up.

The lower the price the greater the return of those turning in their coins.

ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:51:58 PM

What? If people believe gaw will go through with this, they should be willing to pay a high price for the coin now. Wishing the price was lower does not mean you won't do something that makes it higher. Am I misunderstanding you?
JoostB

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:53:18 PM

Long article about GAW and Paycoin.

http://coinbrief.net/paycoin-succeeding-dangerous/
galdur

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:55:23 PM

What? If people believe gaw will go through with this, they should be willing to pay a high price for the coin now. Wishing the price was lower does not mean you won't do something that makes it higher. Am I misunderstanding you?

Fixed dollar amount, fixed number of coins to redeem/month , more or less fixed float to turn in.

You want the maximum number of coins at the lowest price possible for your maximum share of the monthly payout pool.

Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:56:09 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

"In a majority of cases, however, injustice is avoided by awarding the plaintiff an amount consistent with the value of the promise. Other cases avoid injustice by awarding the plaintiff only an amount necessary to compensate her for the economic detriment actually suffered."

That quote is about recovery.  It also doesn't account for affirmative defenses, like: failure to mitigate damages, accord & satisfaction, waiver, estoppel, etc. Its never black and white.  Typically, the easy cases settle - its often the hard and murky cases where both sides think they're going to win that a court/jury has to make a decision.  
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:56:49 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

You can't get that which doesn't exist.
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

You can't get that which doesn't exist.

They must be expecting to make some money out of this, so wherever that money is, I can get if I win. Unless they declare bankruptcy or run, I don't see any other possibilities. (Well, likely ones, anyway.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:00:58 PM

The new agreement states that the owners of the escrowed XPY agree to sell them to GAW at a price of $20 per. However, it does not state that GAW agrees to buy them from the current owners at $20 per.

Surely I'm not the only one that is irked by this funny turn of phrase?

Note also that, if indeed this coin becomes a success (as if, right?), the owners of the escrowed coins agree to sell at $20 even if they are worth thousands.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:03:55 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

No, there is NO chance of achieving what you desire under the pretense of HOW you wish to proceed.

In summary, multiple wrongs do not make a right.

Just like anyone who continues to financially support Garza/GAW *after* being notified casually or officially of the alleged wrongdoing(s) with a reasonable amount of proof to back up the allegations, they can be considered complacent "after the fact" and potentially considered just as liable as co-conspirators to the scheme. Regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes me, my only suggestion would be to pick a side and stick to it at this point.

Sooner or later, an accountability will be taken of all parties involved.

Scott-
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:12:07 PM

Hey guys!! Congrats! It looks like we got that Crypto Double site shut down (even if it's only temp). Cloud flare doesn't like protecting ponzis it seems. It least there is hope to put a stop to some scams out there (this gaw one will probably never end tho).
galdur

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:13:07 PM

If I were trading this thing, given these conditions for the buy back, I would have no reason to fight other traders for fewer coins at a higher price. Quite the contrary, i would tell them to cool it down and distribute it as low as realistically possible. It would be in noone´s interest to go crazy and load up and drive up the price. Sure, they would get tons of coins and most of the monthly payout but also be stuck with megatons of dead money for years.

dave01

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:13:32 PM

Hi ,
I found something
https://www.ziftrcoin.com/
what you think Huh

already covered in this thread... 20 or so pages back
zifter is dutch for fault finder or filter. Cool
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

No, there is NO chance of achieving what you desire under the pretense of HOW you wish to proceed.

In summary, multiple wrongs do not make a right.

Just like anyone who continues to financially support Garza/GAW *after* being notified casually or officially of the alleged wrongdoing(s) with a reasonable amount of proof to back up the allegations, they can be considered complacent "after the fact" and potentially considered just as liable as co-conspirators to the scheme. Regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes me, my only suggestion would be to pick a side and stick to it at this point.

Sooner or later, an accountability will be taken of all parties involved.

Scott-

"financially support Garza/GAW *after* being notified casually or officially"

Buying xpy on the open market or from paybase doesn't count as "financially support", and reading a forum doesn't count as official notice.

Why wouldn't gaw be held liable for the full $20 price in a court of law, and if that's the case, then why is it illegal for them not to honor it?
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

@Yuzki: You could choose the portion of investment with the most likely avenue of success and thus be under the threshold. If you have a viable case you can likely find a lawyer who will work for a small down payment and the rest on contingent.

Trouble is that even if he/she wins the case it still needs to be collected and that's a whole other story.

Another potential issue is jurisdiction. GAW's TOS may require to resolve all disputes in CT for example (I can't check now since they've hidden their TOS - another classy move).

If they're suing in small claims it has to be done in the defendant's location, I think. See http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/smallclaims.html

No. The Connecticut state rules that you linked to actually gives instructions for a CT state resident filing against an out of state business. As usual you do not know what you are talking about even when you link to the document which explains it.  As was mentioned earlier, the real issue is collecting once a judgement has been rendered against an entity in another state.

I'd sell my claim to a collection agency just to be a pain in Josh's ass. The 30%+ fee would be well worth the show.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 [779] 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: