Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376913 times)
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:12:26 AM

[snip]
I was earlier thinking that the religious connection was unfair ground to tread on, but more and more it is seeming that GAW is being run by a radical religious sect.  Wtf.

What in the quote that you posted said anything about religion?

You are (purposefully?) missing my point.

GAW runs HT like a religious sect.  Bannings, "us vs them", answering legitimate questions with "trust me" or "I have faith in Josh" etc. etc.

Is it really any surprise that one of the flock has decided to threaten to commit an act of violence?

I had (mis)read your statement as saying that "threat of violence" therefore "radical religious sect". The comparison would be fine just saying "radical sect", there are plenty of radical non-religious sects, and there's nothing to suggest that any of this has anything to do with religion. What was posted earlier seemed to be that one of the employees ran a church or something, that seems to have nothing to do with the issue here.

True, radical cult or sect maybe better.  But most (if not all) such radical cults and sects have a religious bases and it does seem that at several of the GAW folk have some common religious ties ... and historically cult leaders have almost universally (mis)used religion to foment absolute loyalty and to prevent reason from destroying unity within the following ... so its not the "religion" I object to; but it is the cultism which is demonstrated every day on HT and my point is that a highly charismatic person could use his or her religious connections to instill such behavior.

The formation of "Anti Troll" squads seems like a dangerous precursor to this and is right in line with some of the brainwashing and control techniques used by cult leaders historically.

It goes back to the main question people her keep asking: why do so many folks on HT still believe despite all evidence?  A cult would explain much and an "XPY Army" (even if it is just some loser couch potato making threats) sounds to me like something more than an investor who is unhappy with internet chatter.

I have been on a lot of shareholder discussion/internet boards .. have never seen anyone threaten violence because someone was reporting bad news or even rumors of bad news.  The fact that the comment maker has taken it so personally sounds to me in my admittedly armchair psychologist position as someone who is taking this a lot more personally; who views attacks on GAW at attacks on truth, god, or whatever.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:13:07 AM

I am back from my mission. There were no casualties and I can proudly announce operation Shit on Paycoin was a success. The axis will never win. Hitler Homero will be defeated, I have full confidence.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:16:14 AM

Hey if you use Chrome, there's a nice extension that will let you create an image of an entire web page called Webpage Screenshot. It will capture the full conversation at HT and let you save it to the web for all to download in about 10 seconds. Seems really nice. Might be a nice tool for us.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webpage-screenshot/ckibcdccnfeookdmbahgiakhnjcddpki

Capture of that last HT thread regarding this issue:
http://www.uploady.com/#!/download/0cglIsY4jmR/f~Ncqf176nIhZPDG

Thank you, this looks good.

The problem with this is that it wouldn't hold up legally, as someone could upload whatever they want and say it was from that site. I'm not sure of the archive.today or archive.org status, but at least there's an argument to be made that the end-user can't manipulate results. Ideally we'd save the https stuff which proves what site it came from. If anyone knows how we might do that, help me out (still working on scripts).
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:17:23 AM

Classy post on the Coinfire comment section.

At least they were nice enough to give him the exact day.  Note to Brendon don't be home on Friday  Grin

Brendon isn't in Indiana. I guess maybe they meant for that to be directed at me?

Curious as I'll be in DC then. Hear that XPY trolls, I'll be in DC meeting with friends from the SEC. Do you want an address?

That's a weak threat. Sounds like a bunch of pussies behind a computer to me.  

Weak or NOT...it is a felony ...documented in a public space ...This RETARD has already cell reserved in prison... Wink  

Good luck finding him behind proxies and tor, unless he is a complete moron.

Remember Pirate's Bay ...behind the Tor and proxies and who knows what ... Huh

If the Gov.Agency wants to get him...they WILL... Grin

Sorry, but no place to hide for such a RETARD...Except maybe to make a company to his Leader Homero...

ZiG
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:17:53 AM

so let me get this straight... the gaw faithful are so dumb to follow josh but you think they'd use tor Smiley. i think its safe to say they didnt. its prolly jos so safe to say he def didnt

LOL true.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:18:06 AM

If anyone knows how we might do that, help me out (still working on scripts).
Your terrible scripts killed the first archive. You continually spam the forum with irrelevant arguing on even more irrelevant topics between forum users. Why exactly would we ever help you? You once were questionable of GAW and now it seems you've changed your viewpoint, out of nowhere, and have started to try to derail this thread repeated times.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:20:15 AM

Paybase uses http://www.riskified.com/. In case anyone wanted to know.

Thanks good find

ikeboy

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:21:15 AM

[snip]
I was earlier thinking that the religious connection was unfair ground to tread on, but more and more it is seeming that GAW is being run by a radical religious sect.  Wtf.

What in the quote that you posted said anything about religion?

You are (purposefully?) missing my point.

GAW runs HT like a religious sect.  Bannings, "us vs them", answering legitimate questions with "trust me" or "I have faith in Josh" etc. etc.

Is it really any surprise that one of the flock has decided to threaten to commit an act of violence?

I had (mis)read your statement as saying that "threat of violence" therefore "radical religious sect". The comparison would be fine just saying "radical sect", there are plenty of radical non-religious sects, and there's nothing to suggest that any of this has anything to do with religion. What was posted earlier seemed to be that one of the employees ran a church or something, that seems to have nothing to do with the issue here.

True, radical cult or sect maybe better.  But most (if not all) such radical cults and sects have a religious bases and it does seem that at several of the GAW folk have some common religious ties ... and historically cult leaders have almost universally (mis)used religion to foment absolute loyalty and to prevent reason from destroying unity within the following ... so its not the "religion" I object to; but it is the cultism which is demonstrated every day on HT and my point is that a highly charismatic person could use his or her religious connections to instill such behavior.

The formation of "Anti Troll" squads seems like a dangerous precursor to this and is right in line with some of the brainwashing and control techniques used by cult leaders historically.

It goes back to the main question people her keep asking: why do so many folks on HT still believe despite all evidence?  A cult would explain much and an "XPY Army" (even if it is just some loser couch potato making threats) sounds to me like something more than an investor who is unhappy with internet chatter.

I have been on a lot of shareholder discussion/internet boards .. have never seen anyone threaten violence because someone was reporting bad news or even rumors of bad news.  The fact that the comment maker has taken it so personally sounds to me in my admittedly armchair psychologist position as someone who is taking this a lot more personally; who views attacks on GAW at attacks on truth, god, or whatever.

I would say that people take it personally because they trace the causal links of their losing money directly to these quote fud unquote articles. Plus the us vs them mentality, which probably isn't that widespread on shareholder boards.

Fun experiment for you to try; go to one of those forums for "get rich quick with stock signals and technical trading" bullshit, and quote the studies showing that technical trading doesn't cover fees on average. Then come back here and let us know who was more vicious.
interstellar

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:23:09 AM

I am back from my mission. There were no casualties and I can proudly announce operation Shit on Paycoin was a success. The axis will never win. Hitler Homero will be defeated, I have full confidence.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

LOL where have you been? This thread hasn't been the same without you?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:25:00 AM

LOL where have you been? This thread hasn't been the same without you?

I've been infiltrating r00tdude and his musty apartment, I've been living in his closet observing his habits

Psy ops, while he's gone I slightly move everything in the apartment

bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:25:28 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113268/paycoin-attempts-to-explain-away-pay-floor-but-deleted-statements-tell-different-story

One claim of Garza has turned out to be true, the investment group behind GAW has confirmed that they have invested.

investment group links to http://www.cantor.com/

When was this confirmed?

A while ago this is the guy who OWNS GAW... Stuart Fraser.  He also owed most of JOsh's companys since that wireless company.  Josh is Stuarts pet project.

http://www.cantor.com/public/aboutus/sfraser.html

Vice Chairman
Stuart Fraser is Vice Chairman and partner of Cantor Fitzgerald, L.P.  Mr. Fraser joined Cantor Fitzgerald in 1983 with Howard Lutnick, the Chairman and CEO, and the two were the first to matriculate from Cantor Fitzgerald's Training Program.

Mr. Fraser oversaw the firm's Government Securities Brokerage (GSB) business and is credited with the highly successful transition of GSB from a traditional "open-outcry" environment to the world's first fully electronic government securities marketplace.

Mr. Fraser annually has led Cantor Fitzgerald's September 11 memorial service attended by families and friends of the firm's 658 employees who perished in the World Trade Center attacks and is a director of the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund.

Mr. Fraser serves on the Board of Directors and has ownership interests in Great Auk Wireless, an Internet provider and Union Street Media, a Website developer.  He is also the majority owner of the Texas Brahmas Hockey Club of the CHL.  His philanthropic endeavors include board positions with The Strategic Development Board of the University of Missouri, The Keewaydin Foundation and Harlem RBI, a non-profit organization which supports underprivileged children in Harlem.

I know all about that but I never heard or read that anything was actually confirmed. I never saw any statement from him nor Cantor. Are we to believe he's just sitting around watching $100 million go up in flames? Obviously there are lots of nefarious dealings going on behind the scene but that article makes it seem like the $100 million has been accounted for. The article didn't didn't say $100 million but that's the only number Josh has thrown around.
bmgbmg

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:25:53 AM

The bots can't hold up the selling pressure, check it out, it's awe inspiring!

SHIt, second huge dump!!
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:26:12 AM

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
ZiG

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:27:00 AM

Hey bitpop ...are you high... Grin
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:27:29 AM

Paybase uses http://www.riskified.com/. In case anyone wanted to know.

Thanks good find
So accurate.

EDIT: On the exchange the only ones buying are bots lol.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 03:27:42 AM

Where's Winston Churchill, he was just here I swear

bmgbmg

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:29:17 AM

Look at Cryptsy!  It's a serious fight, they're not going down easy. 
interstellar

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:29:43 AM

We may be very very close to the breaking point here guys:

ikeboy

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:30:13 AM

If anyone knows how we might do that, help me out (still working on scripts).
Your terrible scripts killed the first archive. You continually spam the forum with irrelevant arguing on even more irrelevant topics between forum users. Why exactly would we ever help you? You once were questionable of GAW and now it seems you've changed your viewpoint, out of nowhere, and have started to try to derail this thread repeated times.

I've tried to keep all arguing on topic.

On the archive: I posted here a few times before starting, asking for refinements and help. No one else thought it might be big enough to mess with archive.today until after that happened either. I've contributed a lot to this thread, like the 15GB archive file, plus some original research here and there.

I'm not trying to derail this thread. If you feel any particular posts of mine are off-topic, could you PM me which ones and I'll see about not making those kinds of posts? I'm not sure what you're talking about at this point.
ZiG

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:30:29 AM

Where's Winston Churchill, he was just here I swear

What do you drink... Huh

Beer here...Cheers,

ZiG
Pages: « 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: