Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:38:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376917 times)
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:22:01 PM

@Yuzki: You could choose the portion of investment with the most likely avenue of success and thus be under the threshold. If you have a viable case you can likely find a lawyer who will work for a small down payment and the rest on contingent.

Trouble is that even if he/she wins the case it still needs to be collected and that's a whole other story.

Another potential issue is jurisdiction. GAW's TOS may require to resolve all disputes in CT for example (I can't check now since they've hidden their TOS - another classy move).

If they're suing in small claims it has to be done in the defendant's location, I think. See http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/smallclaims.html

No. The Connecticut state rules that you linked to actually gives instructions for a CT state resident filing against an out of state business. As usual you do not know what you are talking about even when you link to the document which explains it.  As was mentioned earlier, the real issue is collecting once a judgement has been rendered against an entity in another state.

I'd sell my claim to a collection agency just to be a pain in Josh's ass. The 30%+ fee would be well worth the show.  Wink

The judgement allows you to collect from property in the state it was issued. You need a judgement where the defendant has possessions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:25:48 PM

Anyway, is someone who invests with gaw with the purpose of suing afterward really blameworthy in a "you deserve to lose money" sense?

Why invest with the purpose of suing? Just don't invest. Don't risk your money and don't give them even the slightest chance to gain anything.

Higher returns.

Anyway, I've been shadowbanned finally https://hashtalk.org/user/ikeboy

How can you expect higher returns by suing? That by itself sounds shady. The best you should hope from a lawsuit is your damages minus legal expenses, and your damages are not $20 per coin. Which is a moot point anyway because even if you win it also depends on GAW actually being able to pay up.

Congrats Smiley

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Promissory+Estoppel

"In a majority of cases, however, injustice is avoided by awarding the plaintiff an amount consistent with the value of the promise. Other cases avoid injustice by awarding the plaintiff only an amount necessary to compensate her for the economic detriment actually suffered."

So there's a good chance of getting the full $20 out of them.

You can't get that which doesn't exist.

They must be expecting to make some money out of this, so wherever that money is, I can get if I win. Unless they declare bankruptcy or run, I don't see any other possibilities. (Well, likely ones, anyway.)

Their way to make money is you buy their coins or "stakers" or "hashlets" or other things that don't exist. That is the only way to make money. And lots of the money has already been spent on websites, press releases, salaries, etc.
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:27:22 PM

Anyway, is someone who invests with gaw with the purpose of suing afterward really blameworthy in a "you deserve to lose money" sense?

Why invest with the purpose of suing? Just don't invest. Don't risk your money and don't give them even the slightest chance to gain anything.

Higher returns.

How can you expect higher returns by suing? That by itself sounds shady. The best you should hope from a lawsuit is your damages minus legal expenses, and your damages are not $20 per coin. Which is a moot point anyway because even if you win it also depends on GAW actually being able to pay up.

Congrats Smiley

"In a majority of cases, however, injustice is avoided by awarding the plaintiff an amount consistent with the value of the promise. Other cases avoid injustice by awarding the plaintiff only an amount necessary to compensate her for the economic detriment actually suffered."

They must be expecting to make some money out of this, so wherever that money is, I can get if I win. Unless they declare bankruptcy or run, I don't see any other possibilities. (Well, likely ones, anyway.)

Their way to make money is you buy their coins or "stakers" or "hashlets" or other things that don't exist. That is the only way to make money. And lots of the money has already been spent on websites, press releases, salaries, etc.

Again, if they don't go bankrupt, then there has to be money left somewhere. However they made that money, I get it back after a judgement. I'm not even chasing that much, so I might be able to just take that Ferrari Smiley
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:28:00 PM

Looks like some 500 XPY bot-hedging is taking place again @ 0.0143~0.0145 on Cryptsy... Someone is trying to stop the bleeding.

Hmm... now we have multiple 200 and 250 XPY sale orders a little lower at .0142.

Scott-
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:30:30 PM

Looks like some 500 XPY bot-hedging is taking place again @ 0.0143~0.0145 on Cryptsy... Someone is trying to stop the bleeding.

Hmm... now we have multiple 200 and 250 XPY sale orders a little lower at .0142.

Scott-

Something like half of that might be me. I made very large volume on the .015-.0133 shift and back.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:31:02 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

Again, if they don't go bankrupt, then there has to be money left somewhere. However they made that money, I get it back after a judgement. I'm not even chasing that much, so I might be able to just take that Ferrari Smiley

You aren't getting it. bankrupt or not, they have spent some of the money that was given to them, so it's impossible for them to pay everyone back what was put into it, never mind this fairy tale 20 per coin. So even in a perfect world where you win a lawsuit, you will get back pennies on the dollar to what you put in, that's their whole business model. Take as much money as possible, drag things out and disappear. Look at all the other scams in bitcoin history. Pirate got caught, no one got any money back. How many people have just walked away scot free? Please stop throwing good money after bad, if you gave them any money, it's gone, there is no magical lawsuit fairy that's going to get it back.
ikeboy

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:34:02 PM

Higher returns.

Congrats Smiley

You aren't getting it. bankrupt or not, they have spent some of the money that was given to them, so it's impossible for them to pay everyone back what was put into it, never mind this fairy tale 20 per coin. So even in a perfect world where you win a lawsuit, you will get back pennies on the dollar to what you put in, that's their whole business model. Take as much money as possible, drag things out and disappear. Look at all the other scams in bitcoin history. Pirate got caught, no one got any money back. How many people have just walked away scot free? Please stop throwing good money after bad, if you gave them any money, it's gone, there is no magical lawsuit fairy that's going to get it back.

So you think I shouldn't sue at all?

Why can't my money come from the investors in gaw that started the company, or their profits from when they were selling hardware, or whatever? I'm sure there are people who lost but can't sue, like if they played the market and lost.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:36:46 PM

Why can't my money come from the investors in gaw that started the company, or their profits from when they were selling hardware, or whatever? I'm sure there are people who lost but can't sue, like if they played the market and lost.

It's America, you can sue whoever you want, but if you sue someone that has no money, you can't get any money. The profits are gone. there are no investors. The profits from selling hardware or whatever else will be long gone before your lawsuit gets close to being finished.
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:47:57 PM

The market reads this perfectly. There is no incentive to bid the coin up.

The lower the price the greater the return of those turning in their coins.

What? If people believe gaw will go through with this, they should be willing to pay a high price for the coin now. Wishing the price was lower does not mean you won't do something that makes it higher. Am I misunderstanding you?

GAW isn't promising to buy your coins for $20. They're promising you a share in payouts that add up to $20 per coin over years if not decades. Factor in inflation over those years or decades and the payments don't even have a present value of $20. Factor in the probability of GAW not staying in business for that many years and it looks even worse.

If you pay $5, and a million coins are put into the buyback program, your ROI is over four years. Four years just to get the five dollars back. If GAW goes bankrupt or defaults on the payments in less than four years you lose money.

Even at $3 you need GAW to stay in business for 2.5 years, and stay profitable enough to keep making the payments, just to break even. What probability do you give them of being able to keep paycoin/paybase going that long?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:56:37 PM

Hey guys!! Congrats! It looks like we got that Crypto Double site shut down (even if it's only temp). Cloud flare doesn't like protecting ponzis it seems. It least there is hope to put a stop to some scams out there (this gaw one will probably never end tho).

rats. i had just sent one Diamond coin over to test it out earlier... damn, i guess i won't get my 24 cents back.  /s

Grin Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:03:27 PM

Further, they don't indicate what their allocation algorithm will be for paying back out of limited monthly funds. There is nothing preventing them from paying back their 'investors' first, deferring the purchase of your coins until those 'investors' are paid. That could be years in the future.

Oh yeah - 'investors' is probably a euphemism for Josh's other pocket.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:03:34 PM

cryptodouble goes down and paycoin gets it's final death pump.  Coincidence?
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:04:39 PM

I just received an enquiry...
Has anyone talked with the powers that be at Cryptsy to get XPY delisted for what can be seen as verifiable market manipulation?

May be time to seek a meeting with "BigVern"...

Scott-
IMO, every serious coin should request to be delisted from crapsy. They are fully aware that they are supporting a blatant scam from the very first second, nobody should ever again use an exchange that traded XPY.
Won't happen though....

jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:13:54 PM

Has anyone talked with the powers that be at Cryptsy to get XPY delisted for what can be seen as verifiable market manipulation?

Scott-
IMO, every serious coin should request to be delisted from crapsy. They are fully aware that they are supporting a blatant scam from the very first second, nobody should ever again use an exchange that traded XPY.
Won't happen though....

It takes cryptsy over a month to change coin names after hundreds of requests from dev's , doubt they would actually read the email/request before april of next year, they are the only exchange that when i deposit i can have 18 of 6 confirmations and still no access to my deposit for another 2 hours.

but it is most likely what has kept them safer than other exchanges, even a hacker would get pissed off get bored and go somewhere else
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:15:35 PM

Scott-
Won't happen though....

Serious coin ? It´s a friggin graveyard.

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:22:19 PM

GaW announced a buyback program at 20 starting Feb 1st. Should be interesting
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:24:39 PM

GaW announced a buyback program at 20 starting Feb 1st. Should be interesting

Signup starts feb 1. Payback starts in March and can take forever because they're only "promising" to pay out 100k per month.
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:30:15 PM

Here is their latest email with GAWsome promises...that will never materialize or map out to reality.

Notice all the TM's?? Sheesh, those aren't even issued at this time due to Garza's falsified USPTO applications yet there is no lack of their use. Oh... and don't forget, this is a "movement" so act accordingly and believe all or be left behind.

lrgbit

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:37:18 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/28881/response-to-charlie-richards-of-cointelegraph

Obviously not written by Josh. Looks like someone is employing self taught lawyers at GAW. :-)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:41:10 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/28881/response-to-charlie-richards-of-cointelegraph

Obviously not written by Josh. Looks like someone is employing self taught lawyers at GAW. :-)

BitJane got promoted maybe!?  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: