Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:31:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376879 times)
chmick

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

Well I just became one of the fools that accidentally sells a large block of MH on Zenportal for $10. I was selling some Zens at $10.24 ($10.75 after GAW adds its 5% to sale price and $9.73 to me after it takes its 5% cut from the seller) the miners move every time one is renamed or sold and it seems that they moved as I clicked and I didn't notice so I sold a batch of Hashlets I paid over $1500 for at a total price of $9.73.
The hashlets were literally gone before my finger came up from the click which makes me wonder if the suggestions on hashtalk (long since deleted) that GAW automatically buys all these mistake sales are true.

That sucks. I do believe they auto buy at a certain price threshold as well.

I am thoroughly convinced that GAW buys hashlets when they are listed under market value.  I put 80 MH/s up at $13 per mh/s when they were selling for $14 and before the webpage had gone back to my miner page after clicking the last accept button they were already gone so in less than maybe two seconds. Which means someone opened the market page, clicked pay, and clicked the last accept button in 2 seconds is just not possible.  

Welcome to the club

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syfare

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:37:47 PM

Well I just became one of the fools that accidentally sells a large block of MH on Zenportal for $10. I was selling some Zens at $10.24 ($10.75 after GAW adds its 5% to sale price and $9.73 to me after it takes its 5% cut from the seller) the miners move every time one is renamed or sold and it seems that they moved as I clicked and I didn't notice so I sold a batch of Hashlets I paid over $1500 for at a total price of $9.73.
The hashlets were literally gone before my finger came up from the click which makes me wonder if the suggestions on hashtalk (long since deleted) that GAW automatically buys all these mistake sales are true.

I am thoroughly convinced that GAW buys hashlets when they are listed under market value.  I put 80 MH/s up at $13 per mh/s when they were selling for $14 and before the webpage had gone back to my miner page after clicking the last accept button they were already gone so in less than maybe two seconds. Which means someone opened the market page, clicked pay, and clicked the last accept button in 2 seconds is just not possible.  
Making a mistake, admiting it and moving on : Great
Making a mistake, admiting it and blaming someone else : Not so great ...

There are lots of people on the market, most of the people will jump on a cheap hashlet it's no surprise they disapear quickly (and 2s is possible, i did that when i bought lots of prime one at a time you get used to it). Gaw have no interest in buying back their hashlets they are already making a lot of money with the 10% charge on a sell
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:40:50 PM

There are lots of people on the market, most of the people will jump on a cheap hashlet it's no surprise they disapear quickly (and 2s is possible, i did that when i bought lots of prime one at a time you get used to it). Gaw have no interest in buying back their hashlets they are already making a lot of money with the 10% charge on a sell

Yea, I'd have to agree... Them buying their own hashlets that are basically virtual machines that they create out of thin air makes no sense..

Makes more sense people are constantly browsing the market and/or bots are at work.
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:43:15 PM

Including entering the captcha you could buy a hashlet in 2 seconds after it has been posted.  I'm sorry but it's not humanly possible.  
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:43:44 PM

Yea, I'd have to agree... Them buying their own hashlets that are basically virtual machines that they create out of thin air makes no sense..

Makes more sense people are constantly browsing the market and/or bots are at work.

Yeah you got me there with the "thin air" comment. Maybe this is how "Craig" gets so many hashlets.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

You guys should really leave his family out of this unless it relates to them being employees of GAW. This is getting way too personal and creepy. It's like a troll to use their broken analogy... just don't do business there.

The username find was gold btw:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=172454;sa=showPosts

Here's the mirror if the above gets sanitized:

https://bitcointa.lk/members/josg21.169508/

I admire this guy. Such an upstanding businessman.

Look, this is the bottom line. In business you should never change a deal you already made. Period.

I have run many companies (50m plus), and I have made many deals I did not like. But I always homered a deal once I made it.

I just appreciate that even when chewing someone out for changing the terms of their business agreement, he still manages to insert some great puns. I see what you did that Homero!

Instead of getting Gox'ed, we are all getting Homered! Wink
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

I thought this was already confirmed on the HT forums?

I saw a user claim that he sold quite a few Zen Hashlets at different prices. At a specific price (it was like $12.47 when he said this last week) the hashlet was instantly sold. He duplicated this several times.

It seems clear that GAW benefits from their terrible selling system. Those $1500 you lost? They just went in Josh's pocket. You made a dumb mistake, but it is also one that should not be possible.

They should have the same screen any brokerage uses with four variables:
Product Selling, amount selling, price selling/unit, duration of offer.

edit: Yes, it makes perfect sense for GAW to buy them back. You are not thinking about this correctly.

You gave GAW a loan for $1500, which they pay out interest of $X per day.  If someone else buys this loan from you, then they still pay out $X per day.

If someone accidentally prices that loan swap at 1% of its principal, then of course GAW will buy it back. Debt paid.

Imagine your credit card company accidentally offered to sell you the balance due on your credit card for 1% of its face value. What would you do?
elkrisi

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

Well, yes, GAW can create any number of virtual "hashlets" and put them on the market as they see fit.

However, a hashlet in the hands of a customer is a liability for the company, even if this means they have to pay virtual "nothingness" in the form of the hashpoint tokens.

So it makes perfect sense for GAW to just add a few lines of code to their totally controlled market in their totally controlled servers to strip a careless customer off their property.
Given the aggressiveness of the company,  given than everything we see on zenportal site is under total control of GAW, it is 100% certain that they do employ such tactics.

Besides, it has been asked again and again in hashtalk from people who have lost money to just add a simple check on sell prices and the software could warn the seller with a simple message like YOU ARE SELLING AT A VERY LOW PRICE, DO YOU AGREE TO MOVE ON?

Well, I guess GAW's servers do the checks alright. But not to warn the customer. To trigger an immediate buy so one less liability for GAW.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

It makes a lot of sense to grab the pricing errors, and resell them - nearly 100% profit instead of 10%. They also refuse to implement even the simplest fix for the pricing errors, i.e. entering the price by MH/s or GH/s instead of the total.

The only reason I don't quite believe this conspiracy is that they don't seem to be technically capable of pulling off something like that without botching it.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

Yeah you got me there with the "thin air" comment. Maybe this is how "Craig" gets so many hashlets.

They could very well be buying up all the incorrectly listed Hashlets via a bot with accounts they control and then re-listing them priced properly. They would still make 10% off the sales. 5% from the original sellers sale and 5% from the final buyers buy. They only hold the Hashlets for a short time in-between buying and selling them. Just a thought.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:19:19 PM

Well, yes, GAW can create any number of virtual "hashlets" and put them on the market as they see fit.

However, a hashlet in the hands of a customer is a liability for the company, even if this means they have to pay virtual "nothingness" in the form of the hashpoint tokens.

So it makes perfect sense for GAW to just add a few lines of code to their totally controlled market in their totally controlled servers to strip a careless customer off their property.
Given the aggressiveness of the company,  given than everything we see on zenportal site is under total control of GAW, it is 100% certain that they do employ such tactics.

Besides, it has been asked again and again in hashtalk from people who have lost money to just add a simple check on sell prices and the software could warn the seller with a simple message like YOU ARE SELLING AT A VERY LOW PRICE, DO YOU AGREE TO MOVE ON?

Well, I guess GAW's servers do the checks alright. But not to warn the customer. To trigger an immediate buy so one less liability for GAW.

He actually made a post that he won't change the way they are sold because of something to this effect "Some people like it the way it works. I can't please everyone." Really? Who likes it the way it is? He sure as hell does else he would change it to his liking and to his benefit just like everything else he's changed from payouts to how prime's work to the TOS.
alienesb

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

He actually made a post that he won't change the way they are sold because of something to this effect "Some people like it the way it works. I can't please everyone." Really? Who likes it the way it is? He sure as hell does else he would change it to his liking and to his benefit just like everything else he's changed from payouts to how prime's work to the TOS.

I know right! That's what makes this old post of his so funny:

Look, this is the bottom line. In business you should never change a deal you already made. Period.

I have run many companies (50m plus), and I have made many deals I did not like. But I always homered a deal once I made it.
NuShrike

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:25:17 PM

We need a GAW forum in here. Too many topics in one thread.
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:25:53 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 11:54:34 PM by kcal63

Was not blaming anyone but myself. However it was not 2 seconds it was more like 0.5 seconds. Not humanely possible with a captcha in place so it was done through software, only a machine can react that fast.
As to who programed the software, that is the question.
jayendo

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

Well at least there will be one good thing about Josh doing these PR releases on a couple news sites, he won't have control of the comments section on the article and videos. I would implore people from here to post on them when they come out, but be civil and make well founded points, try not to "troll".
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:06:12 PM

Well at least there will be one good thing about Josh doing these PR releases on a couple news sites, he won't have control of the comments section on the article and videos. I would implore people from here to post on them when they come out, but be civil and make well founded points, try not to "troll".

Absolutely. We need to post well thought out questions and concerns. Play a little innocent and naive if need be but definitely use proper grammar and spelling.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

I have a question since I see a few names I would trust in this forum. What cloud mining service do you use or would you use at this point. Not to veer off course of the thread.Thanks in advance 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
alienesb

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:11:56 PM

I have a question since I see a few names I would trust in this forum. What cloud mining service do you use or would you use at this point. Not to veer off course of the thread.Thanks in advance  

There's a thread for that already here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860400.0
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:28:12 PM

There's a thread for that already here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860400.0

Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

HashCoin ICO Media Tour...(update)
Hey Everyone:

Happy Monday.
I want to give you all first notice that I will be heading to New York City this week to interview about the biggest ICO in history. So far on the schedule are CNN and Fortune Magazine, with many more to come.

It's going to be a big week, not just for HashCoin, but for the entire industry... and coverage is only going to go up from here.

Best of all, very soon we will be finally revealing the real name of the coin.

Can't wait!

Let's make history, folks.

Hash On,

Josh/CEO

Update: All interviews are done (CCN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture). They do not tell us specific dates and times (for whatever reason) so now we wait. I should know they day it goes out. Personally, I think the first one will be the WSJ. We will definitely see some Monday Smiley

GAW_CEO posted 3 days ago , last edited by GAW_CEO

He doesn't even know when the interviews will be printed BUT he should know they day it goes out. Everyone will know absolutely the day it goes out. How come you only should know? Also you think the first one will be the WSJ and we will definitely see some Monday? What is that based on as you just told us "They do not tell us specific dates and times (for whatever reason)"?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: