Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376980 times)
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:12:22 PM

How has anyone lost?  Outside of when LTCGear wasn't all scammy, how could ANYONE not have profited while at GAW? It seems literally impossible.....unless you were TRYING to lose money.

How could you in any seriousness make that comment when I have seen you interact with people in this thread who lost with GAW. Yes, I understand how you will try and rationalize it like it was their mistake , they bought the wrong product, they got out too soon, they weren't paying attention, ect...

They lost money with GAW , and partly due to GAW's misleading nature and dishonesty.

So then you are saying I was a mind reader and a fortune teller and that's how I was able to avoid the mistakes that they made? WTF? No. GAW repeatedly stated on the forums what was happening and how it was going to unfold. It was all there in plain writing. People blaming GAW for them doing the wrong thing at the wrong time is dumb.

"I lost a $100 bill on the street. Oh FCK, look at that, USD is scammy!"

No, that would be my OWN fault, no one elses, and certainly not USD. If you don't pay attention, then you lose. People bought BTC at $1000 and sold it at $650. Does that make BTC scammy ?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:14:04 PM

The ends don't justify the means if they are able to pull off this stunt. Do you understand this?

No, this I don't understand. If they pull it off, and do everything they set out to do, then they clearly are NOT a scam or a ponzi. And in that case, what did they do what was so horrible that bringing a crypto to the masses doesn't overshadow?

I believe they were likely a fractional reserve cloud mining company (A type of ponzi) that has switched their business model(Possibly to prevent from going under like the many other recent examples) to another pump and dump ponzi operation. Paycoin2 itself is a PoS coin that is acting as the vehicle for this scheme. In the future, if they figure out a way to monitize this better , they may migrate away from being dependent upon these tactics and behavior and may even become legitimate, unlikely, but possible.

Even if we avoid the moral conventionalism debate. There current behavior, whatever their intentions , is unethical. The ends do not justify the means as it is highly unlikely to succeed and many will be hurt in the process.

You don't have to agree with me on the probabilities but do you at least understand my perspective now?

favelle75

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:21:36 PM

The ends don't justify the means if they are able to pull off this stunt. Do you understand this?

No, this I don't understand. If they pull it off, and do everything they set out to do, then they clearly are NOT a scam or a ponzi. And in that case, what did they do what was so horrible that bringing a crypto to the masses doesn't overshadow?

I believe they were likely a fractional reserve cloud mining company (A type of ponzi) that has switched their business model(Possibly to prevent from going under like the many other recent examples) to another pump and dump ponzi operation. Paycoin2 itself is a PoS coin that is acting as the vehicle for this scheme. In the future, if they figure out a way to monitize this better , they may migrate away from being dependent upon these tactics and behavior and may even become legitimate, unlikely, but possible.

Even if we avoid the moral conventionalism debate. There current behavior, whatever their intentions , is unethical. The ends do not justify the means as it is highly unlikely to succeed and many will be hurt in the process.

You don't have to agree with me on the probabilities but do you at least understand my perspective now?

Yes, of course. I get your perspective. But if one believes otherwise, it doesn't mean that their morals and ethics don't line up with yours in the end. Far from it.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:22:25 PM

Ha ha no kidding!!  The "fuckbags" here keep whining and yelling about delays, what about their claim that GAW is going to take all the money and disappear?  Why is THAT being delayed?  They are so sure its going to happen, what's the holdup?

GAW has been cashing out as we speak. Why would they stop now when there is more money to be made?

So then you are saying I was a mind reader and a fortune teller and that's how I was able to avoid the mistakes that they made? WTF? No. GAW repeatedly stated on the forums what was happening and how it was going to unfold. It was all there in plain writing. People blaming GAW for them doing the wrong thing at the wrong time is dumb.

"I lost a $100 bill on the street. Oh FCK, look at that, USD is scammy!"

No, that would be my OWN fault, no one elses, and certainly not USD. If you don't pay attention, then you lose. People bought BTC at $1000 and sold it at $650. Does that make BTC scammy ?

Your just being disingenuous.

Everyone desperate to convert their zens it seems: https://hashtalk.org/topic/26000/they-brought-conversions-back/85

Weren't these the most advanced technology ever? It's become obsolete in three months, no one wants them anymore

Never obsolete, Always profitable was the sales pitch, 1 satoshi a day and valued at $4.?? on GAWs market. Looks like neither to me. It's been long enough for Josh to change the site. Glad to be out!

Not everyone has a crystal ball, and could expect the future price of paycoin2 and choose to convert.
The fact that GAW even made the claim "Never obsolete, Always profitable" is misleading to say the least when it comes to mining BTC. This type of marketing disgusts me.

favelle75

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:24:31 PM

Ha ha no kidding!!  The "fuckbags" here keep whining and yelling about delays, what about their claim that GAW is going to take all the money and disappear?  Why is THAT being delayed?  They are so sure its going to happen, what's the holdup?

GAW has been cashing out as we speak. Why would they stop now when there is more money to be made?

Is that fact? Or more slander?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:28:41 PM

Everyone desperate to convert their zens it seems: https://hashtalk.org/topic/26000/they-brought-conversions-back/85

Weren't these the most advanced technology ever? It's become obsolete in three months, no one wants them anymore

Never obsolete, Always profitable was the sales pitch, 1 satoshi a day and valued at $4.?? on GAWs market. Looks like neither to me. It's been long enough for Josh to change the site. Glad to be out!

Not everyone has a crystal ball, and could expect the future price of paycoin2 and choose to convert.
The fact that GAW even made the claim "Never obsolete, Always profitable" is misleading to say the least when it comes to mining BTC. This type of marketing disgusts me.

So LTC/BTC drops to like 0.008. BTC drops to BARELY above $300. Scrypt difficulty shoots up to 50,000 plus.  And GAW is supposed to keep paying out crazy sums?  Just bankrupt everything to avoid being a scam? They are paying out above what each of those hashlets earns you know. Yes, its ultra-low, but they ARE paying out a profit. Every day. And they gave customers a way out MULTIPLE times to recoup their investments. There's only so much hand-holding you can do.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:29:18 PM

They keep taking their limited CashTakers that they have and selling them again "FOR A LIMITED TIME" lmfao. As if we haven't heard that before. So limited they keep coming back. They were sold out a few days ago. Ha.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:30:59 PM

Being that we are discussing a mostly pre-mined PoS coin and they are the issuer it would be impossible for it not to be a fact.

Yes, of course. I get your perspective. But if one believes otherwise, it doesn't mean that their morals and ethics don't line up with yours in the end. Far from it.

If this were the case you would be more vocal with their behavior. Do you or do you not believe they were fractional reserve mining in the past?

So LTC/BTC drops to like 0.008. BTC drops to BARELY above $300. Scrypt difficulty shoots up to 50,000 plus.  And GAW is supposed to keep paying out crazy sums?  Just bankrupt everything to avoid being a scam? They are paying out above what each of those hashlets earns you know. Yes, its ultra-low, but they ARE paying out a profit. Every day. And they gave customers a way out MULTIPLE times to recoup their investments. There's only so much hand-holding you can do.

No, they can simply not make ridiculous advertisements and claims. It is simple as that. Yes, I understand there are other fortune 500 companies who lie and misled their clients as well too... this doesn't excuse their behavior.... raise your standards, man.

WaffleMaster

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:32:48 PM

More spam please, I'm getting a little bored waiting for Paybase.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:33:55 PM

So LTC/BTC drops to like 0.008. BTC drops to BARELY above $300. Scrypt difficulty shoots up to 50,000 plus.  And GAW is supposed to keep paying out crazy sums?  Just bankrupt everything to avoid being a scam? They are paying out above what each of those hashlets earns you know. Yes, its ultra-low, but they ARE paying out a profit. Every day. And they gave customers a way out MULTIPLE times to recoup their investments. There's only so much hand-holding you can do.

Please do explain to me how the only "never obsolete" miner with "massive economies of scale" and "power costs cut in half" mining on "the world's most profitable pool" became obsolete before any other asic.
favelle75

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

If this were the case you would be more vocal with their behavior. Do you or do you not believe they were fractional reserve mining in the past?

I believe they are doing what they can to bring a crypto to the masses. If they were a scam, IMO, they would have cashed and ran already. Why keep the charade and the lies and the possibility of going to jail? It would seem to be riskier by the day to continue this way if it was a 100% scam, no?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

So LTC/BTC drops to like 0.008. BTC drops to BARELY above $300. Scrypt difficulty shoots up to 50,000 plus.  And GAW is supposed to keep paying out crazy sums?  Just bankrupt everything to avoid being a scam? They are paying out above what each of those hashlets earns you know. Yes, its ultra-low, but they ARE paying out a profit. Every day. And they gave customers a way out MULTIPLE times to recoup their investments. There's only so much hand-holding you can do.

Please do explain to me how the only "never obsolete" miner with "massive economies of scale" and "power costs cut in half" mining on "the world's most profitable pool" became obsolete before any other asic.

Obsolete would imply that it costs you to mine with your hashlets. Does it?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:38:34 PM

More spam please, I'm getting a little bored waiting for Paybase.

For your veiwing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN3KTtrnZM

Monty Python's Cheese Shop that has no cheese, only annoying dancers. Kinda sorta parallels GAW/Paycoin.

GAW Advertises Cheese. No Cheese in stock. Only annoying dancing guys.  Roll Eyes

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
inBitweTrust

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:39:50 PM

I believe they are doing what they can to bring a crypto to the masses. If they were a scam, IMO, they would have cashed and ran already. Why keep the charade and the lies and the possibility of going to jail? It would seem to be riskier by the day to continue this way if it was a 100% scam, no?

Don't you see the psychological deflection and rationalization that is going on here? You just avoided the question. To answer your question there are plenty of reasons why they would want to carry this charade on longer. I have already discussed some of them.

Perhaps they want more money, perhaps they are skilled grifters and will try and make it seem like they struggled to the end to create sympathy with their victims(common technique actually happening with several cloud ponzis right now), perhaps they are warped and think the ends do justify the means and it is ok to lie a bit for the good of the community, perhaps they are being investigated by the SEC right now and they need to present a better case for the time being, ect....

Ok, back to the question.....

Do you or do you not believe they were fractional reserve mining in the past?
(Notice how I am now attacking a Bitcoin company here?)

WaffleMaster

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

Definition of obsolete.

adjective
no longer produced or used; out of date.
"the disposal of old and obsolete machinery"
synonyms:   outdated, out of date, outmoded, old-fashioned, démodé, passé, out of fashion; More
antonyms:   cutting-edge, the latest, modern
BIOLOGY
(of a part or characteristic of an organism) less developed than formerly or in a related species; rudimentary; vestigial.
verbUS
verb: obsolete; 3rd person present: obsoletes; past tense: obsoleted; past participle: obsoleted; gerund or present participle: obsoleting
cause (a product or idea) to be or become obsolete by replacing it with something new.
"we're trying to stimulate the business by obsoleting last year's designs"

Please do spam and shill more though
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:53:47 PM

Some may believe this is a flat out scam, but I personally believe that in Homero's mind, he's just running an aggressive startup. In his head there are no rules, so he's pulling out every trick in the book. Only after this whole thing unfolds and either stabilizes or collapses will we be able to judge just where paycoin falls on the scam-o-meter. Based on his actions and promises, things are not looking good right now clearly. He can't even deliver on his promises of a stable XPY, merchants on board, or even the release of Paybase at this point. Why should we be confident in the future based his prior actions and promises?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:54:02 PM

According to your made up definition?

I would say a miner is obsolete when it takes more than 1000 years to recover your investment.

Can you answer my question or not?

Why are gridseeds still profitable, yet hashlets are not?

How is that possible with "power costs cut in half", and "the worlds most profitable pool"?
WaffleMaster

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:03:16 AM

sick of the spam/same bs, so...

Comedy break! Admittedly, swiped off facebook's crypto club page-

Did you guys hear about the new Gaw Hashing StakeMiner Well?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
favelle75

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:09:28 AM

Don't you see the psychological deflection and rationalization that is going on here? You just avoided the question. To answer your question there are plenty of reasons why they would want to carry this charade on longer. I have already discussed some of them.

Perhaps they want more money, perhaps they are skilled grifters and will try and make it seem like they struggled to the end to create sympathy with their victims(common technique actually happening with several cloud ponzis right now), perhaps they are warped and think the ends do justify the means and it is ok to lie a bit for the good of the community, perhaps they are being investigated by the SEC right now and they need to present a better case for the time being, ect....

Ok, back to the question.....

Do you or do you not believe they were fractional reserve mining in the past?
(Notice how I am now attacking a Bitcoin company here?)

Yup, they could have been. Do I have 100% proof that they were?  No. I am of the opinion that the burden of proof is on the accuser.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: