Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

Can someone please explain vTorrent to me in short?

The OP is not very descriptive, I tried to read a couple of pages to grasp what's this about

I understand it should be a torrent sharing app that would provide rewards for seeding etc.

I see people are still writing about this coin mostyl as 'they will' 'it will' etc.

Reading through 160 pages for me would be too much, if there's someone kind enough to sum it up for me, I'd be tremendously grateful!

Bitcoin + Monero + BitTorrent + ShadowMarket

Can use as BitTorrent without crypto; or

Can use as crypto without BitTorrent; or

Can use BitTorrent with crypto.

Got a file you want to share and charge for? Put it into BiTorrent section, then charge for bandwidth.

Got some sort of desire to share for nothing? Put it into BitTorrent section, and don't charge. Maybe ask for donations.

etc.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:48:36 AM

Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

Dev has said torrents are coming in next releases.

Also said next client is coming with I2P and Tor integration and other features as well. They are working out some small bugs.

Additionally there will be another hard fork at block 1300000. This may or may not come with another new client. Not long to wait and see as I think dev will explain when the new wallet is here shortly.

In other words, BitTorrent will be integrated soon. So yes there will be innovation. And keep in mind this is already the first coin to implement 2FA

But its coming, can you give me a list of completed working updates made since its inception. And Also, Who is the target user of vtr down the line.

I haven't been here the entire time. But completed developments off the top of my head:
2 factor authentication with Authy
In-client Bittrex trading
HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

The users are people who already use torrents / torrenting sites. People who want privacy when they are torrenting.  People who just want an anon currency.

RobertDeNiro

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:37:52 AM

Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

Also said next client is coming with I2P and Tor integration and other features as well. They are working out some small bugs.

Additionally there will be another hard fork at block 1300000. This may or may not come with another new client. Not long to wait and see as I think dev will explain when the new wallet is here shortly.

In other words, BitTorrent will be integrated soon. So yes there will be innovation. And keep in mind this is already the first coin to implement 2FA

But its coming, can you give me a list of completed working updates made since its inception. And Also, Who is the target user of vtr down the line.

I haven't been here the entire time. But completed developments off the top of my head:
HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

The users are people who already use torrents / torrenting sites. People who want privacy when they are torrenting.  People who just want an anon currency.

Sounds like a flop to me. All that in all this time. A talented dev could probably do that in a week.
 I was going to invest here but now I'm putting my money into the PureVidz ICO instead.
This coin sucks.

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:07:46 AM

Sign of a good project = lots and lots of trolls.  Grin

Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:29:06 AM

Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent

HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

Sounds like a flop to me. All that in all this time. A talented dev could probably do that in a week.
 I was going to invest here but now I'm putting my money into the PureVidz ICO instead.
This coin sucks.

And he came all the way here to tell you too!

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:32:19 AM

We already did the chit chat over whether people support this project or not a few pages back. It's a speculative project... Just like every other project on this site including bitcoin itself.
slugmandrew

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Everything's a bubble, idiot

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:13:00 AM

Don't feed the trolls  Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:50:16 AM

Don't feed the trolls  Smiley

I don't mind them, it bumps the thread onto the first page on BCT.  Wink

It shouldn't be too much longer for the devs to release to new wallet  Cool

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:06:08 PM

Got a file you want to share and charge for? Put it into BiTorrent section, then charge for bandwidth.

Got some sort of desire to share for nothing? Put it into BitTorrent section, and don't charge. Maybe ask for donations.

etc.

Am I able to download shit from thepiratebay and just seed it on vTorrent and earn coins?  Cheesy

Looking for a signature campaign.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 01:32:37 PM

etc.

Am I able to download shit from thepiratebay and just seed it on vTorrent and earn coins?  Cheesy
Not if the people that uploaded on piratebay do it first! xD

Actually this could be a big problem, whats to stop one person from downloading a paid torrent, then distributing it for free?
ik_do

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

etc.

Actually this could be a big problem, whats to stop one person from downloading a paid torrent, then distributing it for free?

Economy of scale.

No one has ever "priced" torrents before; in any case there is nothing to stop anyone from doing anything. Just like the Internet and paid websites or services; can someone rip all the content off of  Netflix? Yes,  but for most people paying 10 bucks a month for content as a service is much easier and less time consuming than dealing with the alternative.
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:36:29 PM

etc.

The way I picture this happening is this:

1. Person A initially uploads File A at a fixed price of 1TOKEN
2. Person B pays Person A 1TOKEN for the download, then does one of two things.
3a. Person B allows others to upload File A and shares profit with person A.
3b. Person B modifies File A to become File B and uploads File B at a fixed price of 1/2TOKEN.

If people chose 3b whenever they get a file, the price of that file will trend towards free which to be fair, after a long enough period of time, a file should become public domain and thus free (but that's just my opinion).

To combat against this, I thought a good way of combating the problem would be to:

1. Set a time limit that states after X amount of time, the file becomes public domain and free to download.
2. Allow the user to set a cap on how much money they want to make before the file becomes public domain.

Just a thought Smiley

-Pickle
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:44:52 AM

Feature request.

Please add Riot chat into the vTorrent road map.

As a pop out module, like BitTorrent and Trading tabs.

Riot is intended to run on decentralised networks and it is open source. Matrix is the OS and Riot is an app that sits on Matrix.

https://github.com/vector-im

https://matrix.org/docs/spec/

With Riot enabled, vTorrent will have its own BitTorrent forum, built in. You can then have channels on discussions to do with anything, but most importantly it can be the home of all private trackers.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

Quick question for the Devs or whomever has been around these parts for a while.

Has the bug that Shadowcash had in its anonymous tokens been fixed here?

It happened around this time last year when a Monero dev reviewed the code and determined that there was an issue.

Corvette08

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:29:54 AM

So anyone who thinks or talks bad against vtr is a troll? Why cant they just voice their opinion good or bad. Is this a fanclub thread or a thread for discussions?
Just wondering.
sluggo

Activity: 134

Shitcoin Bliss

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:35:58 PM

So anyone who thinks or talks bad against vtr is a troll? Why cant they just voice their opinion good or bad. Is this a fanclub thread or a thread for discussions?
Just wondering.

Just stop dude it is getting cringy at this point. All these people from purevidz coming over here playing the victim card.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:58:11 PM

Wallet 0 is at it again  Roll Eyes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:00:00 PM

Interesting.

More interesting is that there is only 500k vtr for sale now.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:09:25 PM

Interesting.

More interesting is that there is only 500k vtr for sale now.

Not that many, this is due a big correction.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

nolispui

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:14:28 PM

That is no good news. The fewer people hold all the coins, the less secure the network is.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: