mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 07:55:22 AM |
|
Dev is active (check his profile)... And he's taken the time to PM people on various issues... I'd rather have him working than joking with 1,000 morons in slack.
This is a serious project at a serious stage... alpha testing of torrent functionality... There is a reason why you have zero working crypto torrent projects as of May 2015... Except maybe Storj (uses torrent lib) apparently finished 1st round of alpha = many months away.
That's good. Sounds like the dev could use a non-technical friend to keep the public updated. Right on time. Apparantly the beta is coming this week or anytime now. He said if all goes well I'll be starting beta in the next 2 weeks.. exactly 2 weeks ago!...hope you have some good news dev. Check out devs post history he said so himself. I would be surprised if there will be a beta in the next few weeks.. but hey, I like nice surprises 
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 10:34:54 AM |
|
That Nr.1 wallet on Bittrex has gone from ~540k to ~700k VTR.
Someone knows something.
|
|
|
|
|
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 10:55:20 AM |
|
That Nr.1 wallet on Bittrex has gone from ~540k to ~700k VTR.
Someone knows something.
Thanks for the update.. *removing buy orders*
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 01:04:54 PM |
|
That Nr.1 wallet on Bittrex has gone from ~540k to ~700k VTR.
Someone knows something.
Thanks for the update.. *removing buy orders* That wallet has been accumulating for some time now, but it looks like they have bought a boat load recently.
|
|
|
|
|
ancientOne1
Member


Activity: 64
Merit: 10
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 01:35:37 PM |
|
That Nr.1 wallet on Bittrex has gone from ~540k to ~700k VTR.
Someone knows something.
Thanks for the update.. *removing buy orders* That wallet has been accumulating for some time now, but it looks like they have bought a boat load recently. He/she is probably reading this. I wouldn't buy that much without staying in touch with developments.
|
|
|
|
|
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 03:46:07 PM |
|
That Nr.1 wallet on Bittrex has gone from ~540k to ~700k VTR.
Someone knows something.
Thanks for the update.. *removing buy orders* That wallet has been accumulating for some time now, but it looks like they have bought a boat load recently. He/she is probably reading this. I wouldn't buy that much without staying in touch with developments. relax, nobody bought anything, he was probably just buying his own order to fake some volume.. everything about this stinks, but I'm still fighting the urge of dumping my coins due to lack of any progress and the concentrated coin distribution, still following only because I want to see and follow any torrent-crypto related projects.
|
|
|
|
|
|
kyma
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 04:07:54 PM |
|
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.
|
|
|
|
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 04:12:35 PM |
|
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.
I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22%
|
|
|
|
|
|
kyma
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 04:18:46 PM |
|
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.
I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22% It took me dayyyyyyys to download the full chain.. maybe over a week. That's pretty bad for a "torrent" coin who's blockchain size is in the range of 250mb. It is still a young ambitious coin. Anyone know what the v is for?
|
|
|
|
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 04:20:42 PM |
|
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.
I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22% It took me dayyyyyyys to download the full chain.. maybe over a week. That's pretty bad for a "torrent" coin who's blockchain size is in the range of 250mb. It is still a young ambitious coin. Anyone know what the v is for? for the meantime the V stands for Vaporware..
|
|
|
|
|
|
Blackmet
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 04:38:55 PM |
|
Yes, downloading the full chain is one of the ugliest things in this. I love the ambitiousness of the project, yet it should be a bit more user-oriented, I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.
|
|
|
|
|
kyma
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 05:10:44 PM |
|
I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.
So true, anything significantly less convenient than the current standard will certainly deter the vast majority of BitTorrent users.
|
|
|
|
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 05:13:57 PM |
|
Yes, downloading the full chain is one of the ugliest things in this. I love the ambitiousness of the project, yet it should be a bit more user-oriented, I think that only real maniacs will be ready to wait for so long in order to sync the full chain.
I'm not sure this is still an issue... There was a period when you could only get one connection... Even though Dev's permanent VPS nodes were operational... maybe coin was being DDOSed. Ya know, the first project to get torrent transfers working on a coin will go Top 50... Especially if it's a well thought out implementation... so, hey, it's a good area to speculate. Alexandria thinks they are the Library of Congress (not sure why anyone would pay for legal torrents)... I've written off SIGU.... the algos are unclear and it looks like shit (yes, it does matter = reflects on competence)... And multiple projects will definitely come out of NXT... since this is obvious, low hanging fruit.
|
|
|
|
|
D351
Newbie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 05:47:39 PM |
|
Personally I think the syncing feature of the client urgently needs to be fixed before developments in other departments should be taken too far. I opened my client overnight and the last 10 days of activity still haven't synced up.
I'm running the client since a few hours ago and the syncing is slowly going... 22% It took me dayyyyyyys to download the full chain.. maybe over a week. That's pretty bad for a "torrent" coin who's blockchain size is in the range of 250mb. It is still a young ambitious coin. Anyone know what the v is for? I think it's for making it a pain in the ass to use a search engine to find anything about it. 90% of results are for utorrent, which just makes this project look like a conspicuous knock-off. Why the hell can't duckduckgo or google just search for the damn terms I typed? Though vaporware does seem like an equally plausible theory.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Blazin8888
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 09:18:08 PM |
|
This project is not serious. DEV doesn't have skill to deliver. The windows wallet is not even readable and has major text scaling issues. I'm sure another coin will deliver first.
|
|
|
|
|
|
kyma
|
 |
May 26, 2015, 09:38:17 PM |
|
interesting... downloaded the classic client. downloaded 1500 blocks in just a few minutes. Something in the code may have gotten messed up in the v2 client... Either that or it's just slow AF b/c of the bittrex stats/trading features.
|
|
|
|
|
Blazin8888
|
 |
May 27, 2015, 12:09:51 AM |
|
Yeah very fishy coin. Why would someone have that on trex this is a pump and dump operation
|
|
|
|
|
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
|
 |
May 27, 2015, 05:47:27 AM |
|
BCT is back, yeah!!!!
Any updates dev?
Yeah....BCT is up but dev. is still hacked - he has body full of wondering viruses and troyans 
|
|
|
|
|
ancientOne1
Member


Activity: 64
Merit: 10
|
 |
May 27, 2015, 12:59:55 PM |
|
Buy When There's Blood In The Streets 
|
|
|
|
|
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
|
 |
May 27, 2015, 03:13:07 PM |
|
Buy When There's Blood In The Streets  Ya man, it makes no sense for the Dev to quit right now: (a) he's put 100s of hours into this + bittrex, twitter, pms, etc (b) I doubt he's made more than $5-10K so far, so pretty shitty "scam" (c) just releasing some rudimentary, limited file sharing would double this coin This coin was rocking and there are still decent buy orders in the teens... So even as a straight con there are dozens of ways to skin this cat.
|
|
|
|
|
|