Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My jaw is still on the floor.  (Read 35660 times)
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:11:40 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 08:24:09 AM by traincarswreck

Forgot to mention something relevant:

Shinichi Mochizuki is guilty of excessive hyphenation as well:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941331.msg10445222#msg10445222

Allegedly attended Princeton uni, solved Diophantine equations (to which Dr. Nash coincidentally was seemingly obsessed with: ""Diophantine equations were his love," recalled Siegel.").

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:08:53 AM

in my browser if i write blockchain it gets the annoying red underline saying it was mis-spelled. i think both nick and satoshi hate not being gramatically correct in regards to out dated dictionaries
Pro-tip. Right click then add to dictionary.

Yeah..Ive already dont that with all the terms related to Bitcoin. Smiley

slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:03:16 PM

Shinichi Mochizuki is guilty of excessive hyphenation as well:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941331.msg10445222#msg10445222

Allegedly attended Princeton uni, solved Diophantine equations (to which Dr. Nash coincidentally was seemingly obsessed with: ""Diophantine equations were his love," recalled Siegel.").

I really don't think it was mochizuki. I went down that rabbit hole for a while and not fully convinced.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:16:01 PM

I still think this guy knows a lot more than he has said.  And I don't buy the CIA meeting scared Satoshi away story.

traincarswreck

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:38:12 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 09:07:50 PM by traincarswreck

I really don't think it was mochizuki. I went down that rabbit hole for a while and not fully convinced.

did you notice mochizuki wiki bio is a plot from the movie deception? (did you read his works multiple times?)
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:36:55 PM

Okay just read it all
though it is in rumour that nick might be satoshi but we can't base it on a single fast of blockchain and block chain
It would really be amazing if he comes out to be satoshi though Smiley
neurotypical

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:08:29 AM

I still think this guy knows a lot more than he has said.  And I don't buy the CIA meeting scared Satoshi away story.

Who the hell is that guy? not sure if trolling..
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:47:18 AM

Okay just read it all
though it is in rumour that nick might be satoshi but we can't base it on a single fast of blockchain and block chain
It would really be amazing if he comes out to be satoshi though Smiley
the greatest satoshi that satoshi ever satoshi is that satoshi satoshi. such is not satoshi.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:13:55 AM

Who the hell is that guy? not sure if trolling..
Gavin Anderson. I'm not sure if you're trolling...
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:29:38 PM

Doesn't matter who is satoshi to me , just hope he is good , since if he/they/she is/are dead , that's alot of lose of btc
jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:07:54 PM

Doesn't matter who is satoshi to me , just hope he is good , since if he/they/she is/are dead , that's alot of lose of btc

Why do you think he/she'd be dead?

slaveforanunnak1 (OP)

Activity: 743

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:34:28 PM

did you notice mochizuki wiki bio is a plot from the movie deception? (did you read his works multiple times?)

Deception? I've never seen that movie, but i did just watch the trailer and it was about some sex group murder thingy. It had nothing to do with math lol
I tried to read his work, but I fail to grasp anything after: "Abstract"  Undecided

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:40:54 AM

Somebody answer this question quickly for me please: Is it safe to say that Satoshi would know these skill sets: RUBY ON RAILS – JAVASCRIPT – HTML – CSS – .NET – ORACLE DB – MS SQL – AWS (AMAZON WEB SERVICES) – JQUERY MOBILE?

Asking, because of this guy: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adubinsky

Go and read it. All of it.

I have a theory.
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:34:41 AM

Somebody answer this question quickly for me please: Is it safe to say that Satoshi would know these skill sets: RUBY ON RAILS – JAVASCRIPT – HTML – CSS – .NET – ORACLE DB – MS SQL – AWS (AMAZON WEB SERVICES) – JQUERY MOBILE?

I have a theory.

Nope. The original Satoshi only knew Visual Basic and recently learned c++. Team Satoshi, on the other hand, are the real gurus of coding.
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:36:06 AM

Why do you think he/she'd be dead?
When you don't hear from someone for a long time , and no news of them .
That's one of the assumption that they can be pretty much dead
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:40:57 AM

I have a theory.

I looked at his page... very interesting indeed.
I think your theory should be investigated more.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:59:42 AM

I have a theory.

I looked at his page... very interesting indeed.
I think your theory should be investigated more.

Ready for this? What if the dude I'm thinkin' of has a child named...wait for it...Shoshi?

http://www.sc-democrat.com/archives/2004/news/10October/05/krieger.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Orlin_Grabbe#Wharton_School_of_Business

One of Grabbe's students, Andrew Krieger,[12] became a Bankers Trust FX trader and the author of The Money Bazaar.

http://www.amazon.com/Money-Bazaar-Trillion-Dollar-Currency-Trading/dp/0812918614/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424847440&sr=1-1

Worth noting, though, is that he borrows (without credit) from Michael M. Lewis (of Liar's Poker fame) a what-if scenario of the potentially dire consequences of an earthquake in Tokyo.

Read between the lines to see what I'm implying.

http://www.ruralfinance.org/fileadmin/templates/rflc/documents/State_of_the_Microcredit__EN_pdf.pdf

Andrew Krieger, Managing Director, Access Capital Management LLC., UAE
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:07:54 AM

https://voter08.wordpress.com/a-brief-on-andrew-kieger-raiding-the-kiwi-dollar/

A Brief on Andrew Krieger – raiding the kiwi dollar.
NZ Election 2008 – In the Public Interest

The Registrar – Tuesday, 04 November 2008

A Brief on Andrew Krieger

In 1986, Bankers Trust, New York, hired a young currency options trader from Salomon Brothers called Andy Krieger who had graduated from the Wharton School after studying Sanskrit and philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania. He quickly became one of the most aggressive dealers in the world, with the full sanction of the Bankers Trust executive. While most of the bank’s currency traders [forex dealers] had an upper dealing limit of $50 million, Krieger’s limit was in the region of an unprecedented $700 million – around a quarter of the bank’s capital at the time.

By using options, Krieger could leverage this exposure to many times that size ($100,000 of currency options would buy control of $30 million to $40 million in actual currency). In 1987 he did this to launch a speculative attack on the New Zealand dollar.

If Krieger’s own claims can be believed, he sold short the entire money supply of New Zealand. In a matter of hours, the NZ dollar plunged 5 percent against the U.S. dollar. Some reports indicating fluctuations rising upward to 10 percent –  It was enough, at any rate, to draw an angry complaint from the New Zealand central bank. But with typical arrogance, Stanford. at Bankers Trust later turned this on its head. “We didn’t take too big a position for Bankers Trust,” he grumbled, “but we may have taken too big a position for that market.” [a reference to the ‘kiwi$’ market] in other words, it was New Zealand’s fault for being too small to cope with Bankers Trust operations.

Krieger resigned the following year in disgust, supposedly at the ingratitude of his employers who had paid him a mere $3 million for his efforts which had netted the bank a profit of more than $300 million from the raid on kiwi$. But after his departure an odd thing happened. Regulators discovered discrepancies in the way Bankers Trust valued its currency options portfolio. The bank was forced to admit that $80 million of foreign exchange trading income had disappeared and that it had deliberately overstated its earnings. It seemed, on the face of it, that the bank had been simply unable to understand Krieger’s complex options positions.

Dealers in other banks, however, wondered how it was that Krieger’s options portfolio only maintained its value as long as Krieger himself was in charge of it. Whatever the reason for the readjusted profit, the whole episode was a serious embarrassment. An even bigger embarrassment, though, should have been that Bankers Trust had been willing deliberately to publish figures that were inaccurate by $80 million as if it didn’t matter. But the bank showed no sign of blushing.

This was yet another warning of its attitude: anything goes as long as the suckers don’t find out. Bankers Trust was lean and very, very mean and there were no bigger suckers in sight than in the derivatives markets.

Sourced from Apocalypse Roulette: The Lethal World of Derivatives, by Richard Thomson. Published by MacMillan U.K.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

How often did Satoshi mention Karma?

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/07/business/top-trader-quits-to-start-own-firm.html

Andrew J. Krieger, the successful young currency trader whose departure from the Bankers Trust Company in February set the Wall Street rumor mill buzzing, is quitting his second job this year. Mr. Krieger, who joined Soros Fund Management Inc. in April as senior portfolio manager, announced yesterday that he would form his own trading company, Krieger & Associates Ltd.

Mr. Krieger said he had already been offered half a billion dollars from investors interested in having him trade for them.

''I've wanted to form my own firm for some time, so the timing seemed natural,'' he said.

Mr. Krieger and his wife, Suri, are starting the Karma Foundation, to provide funds for educational purposes and to help the impaired. Mr. Krieger said 10 percent of his yearly profits would go to the foundation, and that 10 percent of his personal assets would go into it immediately.

Mr. Krieger, 32 years old, would not talk numbers, but he is clearly discussing hefty sums. Mr. Krieger's currency trading earned about $300 million for Bankers Trust last year -and a $3 million bonus for him.

Mr. Krieger said he was leaving Soros on good terms. He will continue to trade for that company until June 30, a rather unusual arrangement after a trader has served notice.

When Mr. Krieger left Bankers Trust, rumors abounded that he had had a personality conflict at the bank or that something untoward had been going on. No one could believe that he would just walk away from so much money. No scandal materialized.

Mr. Krieger expects his new firm to be operating by August. The office will be in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., a short ride from the Kriegers' Bergen County home. ''I left Bankers because my hours were so extraordinarily long that they interfered with my family life,'' said Mr. Krieger, who has four children.
networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:59:20 PM

This is pretty interesting and jaw dropping , though their are resemblance but i don't think this guy is satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: